Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
No Super Bowl Sunday!

Anyone else besides me, NOT going to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday?

I just can't fucking STAND football.... I hate it! I like to refer to it as the "Toilet Bowl" (however unoriginal that may sound).

Anyway, am I alone on this? Or are there others that just don't fucking enjoy this particular sporting event?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Bravo sir.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I've always heard of guys out there that don't watch the superbowl. I just didn't believe it...until now. To each his own

Last edited by The_alpz; 02-06-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Anyone else besides me, NOT going to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday?

I just can't fucking STAND football.... I hate it! I like to refer to it as the "Toilet Bowl" (however unoriginal that may sound).

Anyway, am I alone on this? Or are there others that just don't fucking enjoy this particular sporting event?
Do you like sports?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Do you like sports?
Yes sir, NBA & MLB.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
The NFL is the best sport for fair competition. Any team can win the Super Bowl, unlike in the MLB and NBA. That alone is worth the reason to watch and be a fan.

The Super Bowl iteself is pure entertainment. That is why millions and millions of people watch it from around the world. Even if you don't like football, there is something for you. All the women at the party I was at were all into it for Madonna. Everyone loves the commercials. What is not to like?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
The NFL is the best sport for fair competition. Any team can win the Super Bowl, unlike in the MLB and NBA. That alone is worth the reason to watch and be a fan.

The Super Bowl iteself is pure entertainment. That is why millions and millions of people watch it from around the world. Even if you don't like football, there is something for you. All the women at the party I was at were all into it for Madonna. Everyone loves the commercials. What is not to like?
My disdain for the sport borders on apathy. I simply don't give enough of a shit about it, to even bother watching. I don't care about the commercials or fucking Madonna for fuck's sake.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Yes sir, NBA & MLB.
So hold on, you think Football is a joke but then choose to watch Baseball? Wow. Now i'm not a huge football fan but i usually check the Super Bowl each year.

I also don't care for Modona but THAT was what a half time show should be like. Last years Black Eye'd Poops was so effin horrible.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
What makes you hate the sport so much?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_alpz View Post
What makes you hate the sport so much?
I don't understand the appeal. It's boring. Stops & starts all throughout... A bunch of jacked up steroid 300 lb monsters (yes, I know steroids are prevalent in all sports) running into each other and playing a sport called "FOOT ball" with their fucking HANDS is just nonsensical to me.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't know man. Hard hits, amazing touchdowns, ridiculous athletes all attribute to the most exciting sport on television. As a fellow baseball fan i'm surprised you pick out the start and stopping of football when baseball is the slowest sport known to man.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
. As a fellow baseball fan i'm surprised you pick out the start and stopping of football when baseball is the slowest sport known to man.
This is a good point.

Listen, I think it's fine if you don't like football, personally I'm a die-hard football fan (I also am a huge MLB fan). Part of your problem sounds like you don't have a team to root for. Like any sport, football is immensely more enjoyable when you actually have an emotional investment in a team, and can root for it. It is incredible the natural high you get when your team wins the Super Bowl (I am a Packers fan, so I can attest to this, as I'm sure any Giants fan could tell you right now as well). There's really no other feeling like it. It's almost ridiculous that a sport could cause someone so much joy.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
This is a good point.

Listen, I think it's fine if you don't like football, personally I'm a die-hard football fan (I also am a huge MLB fan). Part of your problem sounds like you don't have a team to root for. Like any sport, football is immensely more enjoyable when you actually have an emotional investment in a team, and can root for it. It is incredible the natural high you get when your team wins the Super Bowl (I am a Packers fan, so I can attest to this, as I'm sure any Giants fan could tell you right now as well). There's really no other feeling like it. It's almost ridiculous that a sport could cause someone so much joy.
I don't think that's it boss. If I can find an NBA & MLB team to get behind, I could (if I actually LIKED the sport) find an NFL team just the same.

And Alpz, I hear ya on Baseball being slow & boring. But I find the payoff (home runs/triple plays, etc.) to be far more exciting then a buncha 300 pounders running into one another. I just don't like the rules, the way it's played or the concept whatsoever.

I'd much rather watch the REAL football aka soccer. More skill and more exciting. The NFL is just not my thing, and there's not a fucking thing that ANYONE can say that will change my mind on my disdain for the NFL.

Last edited by jaw2929; 02-07-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Ah ha! I knew you were a soccer fan due to your comment about the name of FOOT ball. It's all good if that's the real reason you don't like football. It's just very rare to find someone who doesn't enjoy the NFL.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Ah ha! I knew you were a soccer fan due to your comment about the name of FOOT ball. It's all good if that's the real reason you don't like football. It's just very rare to find someone who doesn't enjoy the NFL.

Not a huge soccer fan.... I mean I'll watch it if it's on, but I don't go out of my way to watch it or anything. I don't know any of the teams, records or even formatting of how the league/s work to be honest. But I'd much rather watch IT then the NFL, that's for sure.

Yes, I'm a straight male born in America. Yes, I know it's unlikely & odd I would prefer to watch soccer over the NFL.

But the REAL reason I don't like football is because the fucking sport itself is completely uninteresting & completely asinine to me.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
As a fellow baseball fan i'm surprised you pick out the start and stopping of football when baseball is the slowest sport known to man.
I was going to point this out as well. Baseball is easily the most boring sport in terms of waiting for shit to happen. Baseball can be fun to play, for sure, but to watch? No thanks, i gots a wall with wet paint on it that needs my attention.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
I was going to point this out as well. Baseball is easily the most boring sport in terms of waiting for shit to happen. Baseball can be fun to play, for sure, but to watch? No thanks, i gots a wall with wet paint on it that needs my attention.
See that's the thing.... I'll wait for something to happen in baseball... Much rather do that, then watch a buncha 300 lb roid-monsters wearing pads run into each other.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
See that's the thing.... I'll wait for something to happen in baseball... Much rather do that, then watch a buncha 300 lb roid-monsters wearing pads run into each other.
haha, your unabashed hate for football is entertaining.

Don't you think it's impressive when one man can throw a football over 40 yards in the air, and to have it go right past the outstretched fingers of a defender and straight into the arms of a wide receiver without the receiver ever breaking stride? I mean, when you think about the skill and athleticism that takes, you have be at least somewhat impressed, right? THIS is what makes football so entertaining to so many people. People making incredibly athletic plays play after play, while people all around them are the getting the shit beat out of each other. It's like a chess match in the middle of a battlefield. It's so much more than just huge guys running into each other .

Last edited by smok3h; 02-07-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
haha, your unabashed hate for football is entertaining.

Don't you think it's impressive when one man can throw a football over 40 yards in the air, and to have it go right past the outstretched fingers of a defender and straight into the arms of a wide receiver without the receiver ever breaking stride? I mean, when you think about the skill and athleticism that takes, you have be at least somewhat impressed, right? THIS is what makes football so entertaining to so many people. People making incredibly athletic plays play after play, while people all around them are the getting the shit beat out of each other. It's like a chess match in the middle of a battlefield. It's so much more than just huge guys running into each other .
I won't deny there's athleticism involved, I'm not ignorant enough to refute that.

But two people can look at the same thing and interpret it completely different. I think that's what's happening here.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
I won't deny there's athleticism involved, I'm not ignorant enough to refute that.

But two people can look at the same thing and interpret it completely different. I think that's what's happening here.
Fair enough, sir, fair enough
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
I don't understand the appeal. It's boring. Stops & starts all throughout... A bunch of jacked up steroid 300 lb monsters (yes, I know steroids are prevalent in all sports) running into each other and playing a sport called "FOOT ball" with their fucking HANDS is just nonsensical to me.
Soccer is the most boring sport ever. I do not understand what the rest of the world sees in this last sack sport for little short bitches. I equally do not understand the violence at the games. The name football came about long before the invention of the forward pass.

There is no way that a 1-0 game could ever be considered exciting.

I find it insulting how soccer nerds could find soccer exciting and football boring.

What I hate most about soccer is in America there is no season for soccer. These kids play the stupid sport year round. Pick a season. Soccer is just a sport for the little whimpy kids to play because they were not tough enough to play real american football. Yeah, I said it. David Beckum can suck my right ball! Slide tackle my ass. Yellow card my ass.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
I love baseball, but it is boring as hell
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Soccer is the most boring sport ever. I do not understand what the rest of the world sees in this last sack sport for little short bitches. I equally do not understand the violence at the games. The name football came about long before the invention of the forward pass.

There is no way that a 1-0 game could ever be considered exciting.

I find it insulting how soccer nerds could find soccer exciting and football boring.

What I hate most about soccer is in America there is no season for soccer. These kids play the stupid sport year round. Pick a season. Soccer is just a sport for the little whimpy kids to play because they were not tough enough to play real american football. Yeah, I said it. David Beckum can suck my right ball! Slide tackle my ass. Yellow card my ass.
Hahaha, this an hilarious soccer rant, and you know what, I pretty much agree 100%!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't worry, I'm not offended. I'm not much of a soccer fan to begin with.

Last edited by jaw2929; 02-08-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
jaw2929, do you hate freedom?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
jaw2929, do you hate freedom?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM
LOL I was only kidding. Everyone seemed to be losing their mind over the fact you hate the Superbowl, and I figured posting something hyperbolic would continue the tone of this thread.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
LOL I was only kidding. Everyone seemed to be losing their mind over the fact you hate the Superbowl, and I figured posting something hyperbolic would continue the tone of this thread.
You know how the internet can be... Hard to detect tone/joking/sarcasm, etc. online, in words. Ya know?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I enjoy watching futbol and football.
I played soccer growing up and developed an appreciation of the game, which is why I can tolerate watching it more than someone used to fast paced high scoring sports like football and basketball.

Soccer players in general are better athletes than football players.
Im not saying that they all are, but in general Id wager on a soccer player being in better shape.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Can't argue with you there at all Fixed. Specially some of those huge 300+ pound bastids on NFL teams with huge guts, etc.

(Though admittedly you see some outta shape Baseball players in the field, etc. as well)