Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Star Trek Fans - Behold & Despair

Man Creates $150,000 "Star Trek" Apartment, Wife Destroys It in Divorce

Tony Alleyne (pictured), has spent over ten years transforming his 500 square-foot UK apartment into the interior of the USS Voyager from "Star Trek." It has cost him around $150,000 to do so, and now because of a divorce, he is forced to rip everything down. Some of the features of the apartment include hand-crafted furnishings, a high-tech bathroom, voice-activated blue lighting, air conditioning, a command console and his own transporter room.

Before we start blaming the wife, it's important to point out that Alleyne and his wife have lived in the apartment since 1994 and she has been paying the entire mortgage for it. Meanwhile, Alleyne has been skipping on the mortgage in order to spend all his money to turn their apartment into a "Star Trek" starship. Now that they are getting divorced, the wife wants to sell the apartment and wants it back to how it was. And he doesn't have any money to buy the apartment from her. "To say I'm gutted is an understatement," said Alleyne. "It is my life's work - and it looks like it's going into a skip. I admit there were tears."

Source - The Sun

Last edited by God of War; 01-24-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
That sucks. I remember seeing his apartment pics on another board a few years back. Such a cool looking place.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM
She's an idiot. She probably could have made a lot of money by keeping the apartment as is. I'm sure somebody would buy it. Hell, if I had the money I would have bought it.

I hope the apartment sells for SOOOO much less than she wants because of this.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Whatta fucking fool. If he was married to her long enough, he shoulda known whatta cunt she'd end up being (or was/is) and shoulda never done this to begin with. He's a fucking retard for two reasons:

1. For turning his apartment to look like that

and

2. For marrying a cunt-bitch like her to begin with

So yeah, I don't feel sorry for the fucker at all, to be honest. Fuck him!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Well it does look good and colourful
But if l was his wife l wouldnt lhave agreed to having all this done
You see she wants it back to waht it was before so in my opinion she didnt have much say on this
Plus paying for the house all on her own she should not have agreed on this since he was the bread winner at the time just as the same as her
He got away with this and has himself to blame that it is all going to crumble

Sometimes you wish that some men would act like adults instead of kids
Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 PM

Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 PM
I dont care what Spock thinks
For a man to build something like this is ILLOGICAL
Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, that wife is really stupid. Somebody would have paid millions over market value for that place, as is.

I'm not taking sides on the issue of the divorce, but for gutting the apartment, the wife is a fuckin' moron....
Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Saw this on one of those "Cribs" shows.
While it is totally cool to look at, you have to figure the cost to build it and the upkeep was pretty friggin' expensive.
IF you've got it like that, I'd say "engage" but otherwise, it is illogical to boldly go where no home decor expert has gone before.
I mean, having a Millennium Falcon apartment would be pretty cool...if the damn thing ever worked!...ha....but on my salary, I wouldn't even think about it OR expect my wife to jump at the idea.
Love has just so many midichlorians.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
She's an idiot. She probably could have made a lot of money by keeping the apartment as is. I'm sure somebody would buy it. Hell, if I had the money I would have bought it.

I hope the apartment sells for SOOOO much less than she wants because of this.
Yeah, she really is an idiot. I, myself, know several dozen people who would love to have the apartment as is. Unfortunately, those same people wouldn't be able to afford it, as I'd assume is the case with most of people who would want the apartment as it is.

In all reality, the husband is the idiot here. He bailed out on the mortgage payments of the apartment in order to fulfill a dream he couldn't afford, letting his wife work to pay for actually owning and living in the space, while he spent (seemingly) all of his money to re-create the Starship Enterprise.

Last edited by FailSafe; 01-28-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 AM
The woman might be foolish in tearing the decor down but a "CUNT BITCH" for putting up with this juvenile shit and taking care of the mortgage payments for almost 20 years...give. me. a. fucking. break.

These forums are going to the dogs.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 AM
I think it's absolutely hilarious.

I say fuck them both. Him for being an idiot, and letting his wife pay for all of their mortgage in the first place, and forking out all of that money for his fetish. And screw her royally for dismantling the apartment and trashing it. I'm sure that if she used her brain, she could sell off all of that Star Trek stuff to another fan. Star Trek fans are freaks. And they lap that shit up pronto. She would receive good money for it all. Seriously, she would. I hope that both of them have learned their lessons. Because it's been very expensive for the pair of them.

Hey. Honey. I would love to turn our apartment into a Borg collective hive ship.

Can we please?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
The woman might be foolish in tearing the decor down but a "CUNT BITCH" for putting up with this juvenile shit and taking care of the mortgage payments for almost 20 years...give. me. a. fucking. break.

These forums are going to the dogs.
This.

Im not defending either of them since they both seem equally retarded,but after 20 years of paying on the mortgage solo,while her husband turns their apartment into the fuckin enterprise.

I wonder if the same reaction would happen if the woman spent years and tons of cash turning the apartment into a hello kitty shrine or barbies fuckin dream beach house,and the man tore it all down....it'd be high fives all around.

and yes i think the apartment is cool and all but given the circumstances....i mean come on
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Hard to have sympathy for the guy when he spent all his money on that and didn't contribute to paying for the actual apartment. Still, would have been worth trying to sell it before ripping it apart (it does look cool after all), there must be some trek nut that would pay way over what the apartments worth for that.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
I wonder if the same reaction would happen if the woman spent years and tons of cash turning the apartment into a hello kitty shrine or barbies fuckin dream beach house,and the man tore it all down....it'd be high fives all around.
I grinned.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
The husband is an idiot for spending all of his money on this little fantasy of his, and the wife is even stupider for tearing it all down in order to sell it. She could leave it as-is and charge people cash to come in, as if it was part of some elaborate museum! She really doesn't understand what a goldmine she is tearing down here, if it's money that she's after.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think the wife should be deduced to being a "cunt-bitch." She may be stupid and naive for paying the mortgage payments but hardly a cunt-bitch. I can completely get where she's coming from and if he spent all of his money on all that shit he should suffer the consequences. It's her house she can do what she wants, I do think she should keep it that way and sale it for an ass load of money. I can see why she left him though, I'd be pissed if my wife was skipping out on the mortgage. Financial reasons can kill a marriage.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but Hello Kitty sucks. Star Trek is much better
Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
This.

Im not defending either of them since they both seem equally retarded,but after 20 years of paying on the mortgage solo,while her husband turns their apartment into the fuckin enterprise.

and yes i think the apartment is cool and all but given the circumstances....i mean come on

Most of the people in this thread aren't bad mouthing for divorcing the guy. That's totally understandable if he hasn't contributed to anything regarding the payment of the house/mortgage, etc. Most of us are calling her an idiot because she probably could have made a lot more money by selling the apartment as it was instead of tearing it down.

Now if we are wrong, and it didn't sell, then fine. Tear it down. She has to sell it after all. But she should have at least tried to at first. I mean, I am pretty sure she could have probably doubled what she is now likely to get for it normally. Her loss.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I agree she is stupid for tearing it down. I'd be she could have sold the thing at cost or most likely even a good bit higher.

It's a shame what people do to hurt people when they go through a divorce.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_86 View Post
I don't think the wife should be deduced to being a "cunt-bitch." She may be stupid and naive for paying the mortgage payments but hardly a cunt-bitch.

Oh me. I'm so "controversial".
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the most shocking part of this story is that he was even married in the first place.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
The woman might be foolish in tearing the decor down but a "CUNT BITCH" for putting up with this juvenile shit and taking care of the mortgage payments for almost 20 years...give. me. a. fucking. break..
So true.

At first glance I felt for the lad, but once you hear the wife was paying all the bills its just opportunistic misogyny to attack her with "cunt". But, like Smiert was saying, it was a missed opportunity for the wife to make some serious money.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Yes SS-Block, I'm very misogynistic at this point in time. Call me "hateful" and/or "bitter" but it is what it is.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't know now. I re-read your post where you call the bitch a cunt, and read you saying you're a misogynist, and for some strange reason now I don't think you are.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
I don't know now. I re-read your post where you call the bitch a cunt, and read you saying you're a misogynist, and for some strange reason now I don't think you are.
Why's that?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 AM
gut feelin
Old 02-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Beam me up, Scotty.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
gut feelin
Ok....
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
let's lighten the mood, shall we?

What I don't understand is: where was the concern prior to the completion of this? Like...at what point did the missus kind of think, "holy shit...this is out of control."

For me, it would've been that kitchen. Did it really take 10 years of missed mortgage payments to draw the line?