Old 12-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Irish View Post
I still say First Class was great but my biggest problem with it was the really REALLY bad inconsistencies to the other films. For me that is a big negative but yet it was so awesome I was able to look past that. Matthew Vaughan is awesome.
Nothing happened in First Class that can't be explained or that doesn't fit the other films when comic book logic is applied. No big deal at all. I loved First Class.

Also, I think most action fans consider The Rock a pure classic.

My answers to this thread...

13 Going On 30
Loverboy
Only You
Oscar
Taking Care of Business
Old 12-31-2011, 08:58 AM
CRANK
CRANK 2
CELLULAR
FAST AND THE FURIOUS 1, 3, 4, 5
SPEED RACER
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm going to add:

Dragonball: Evolution
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Flintstones
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm not really sure how to answer this, if you're looking for movies which are generally considered to be shit, but I like them anyway, then I have a few.

Soldier
Alien Resurrection and Alien 3
Alien Vs. Predator
All the Transformer movies
Hatchet 1 and 2
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
The Wild Geese (my Dad's favourite)

I enjoy pretty much all shitty horror films like Nightmare on Elm Street 4, Friday the 13th part 6 that kinda shit. I also liked the Friday the 13th remake.

Does Cliffhanger count as a guilty pleasure?!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Some of the disco movies like Xanadu and Can't Stop The Music.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
a couple of Jennifer Love Hewitt films

I Know What You Did Last Summer
Heartbreakers (Ray Lioatta is pretty damn funny in this)
Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I love both of those movies. Both very underrated.

Most critics would probably disagree, but I thought Hewitt actually showed some considerable comedic talent in Heartbreakers. Her and Sigourney Weaver were a very fun on-screen team too.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend23 View Post
Most critics would probably disagree, but I thought Hewitt actually showed some considerable comedic talent in Heartbreakers. Her and Sigourney Weaver were a very fun on-screen team too.
I definitely agree with you! I LOVE Love in that movie!

I also thought she showed real comedic ability in The Tuxedo opposite Jackie Chan. But I'm like the only person who really enjoyed that movie.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Really Embarrassed To Admit...

GREASE 2!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I definitely agree with you! I LOVE Love in that movie!

I also thought she showed real comedic ability in The Tuxedo opposite Jackie Chan. But I'm like the only person who really enjoyed that movie.
Yay. And here's me thinking I'll be lambasted for actually praising her acting in the film and not her tits

I haven't seen The Tuxedo before, it's probably the only JLH movie I never bothered to see. I've even watched The Suburbans and The Audrey Hepburn Story which seemingly went unseen by the large majority.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
The Police Academy films. I know they are absoutely crap and rarely actually funny, but I can always watch them when they're on. Probably something to do with watching them as a kid.

Some more:

Soldier
Alien Resurrection
Event Horizon
Mortal Kombat
Dumb and Dumber
All the Transformers movies
Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio141 View Post
GREASE 2!!!
I hear you on that one! He's a cooooool Rider......
Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Movies that aren't my normal genre's I enjoy, like the following:

-Love, Actually
-The Notebook
-Pride & Prejudice
-The Duchess
-Atonement
-Little Miss Sunshine

Notice how 4 of those 6 listed have one particular recurring actress in them? (which is the primary reason I enjoyed 'em)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1980 View Post
I hear you on that one! He's a cooooool Rider......
Damn dude...that's when I first fell in love with Michelle Pfeiffer! I loved the scene when the afore-mentioned Cool Rider comes back out of nowhere in the bowling alley parking lot, lights Pfeiffer's cigarette & asks: "Want a ride?" Way more sexual chemistry/energy than Travolta & Olivia in the first movie!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Movies that aren't my normal genre's I enjoy, like the following:

-Love, Actually
-The Notebook
-Pride & Prejudice
-The Duchess
-Atonement
-Little Miss Sunshine

Notice how 4 of those 6 listed have one particular recurring actress in them? (which is the primary reason I enjoyed 'em)

Why would you hate to admit that you liked Atonement? It's a great flick. Nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards and is, for the most part, critically acclaimed. Don't get why anyone would hate to admit they like it.

Same with Pride and Prejudice and Little Miss Sunshine too for that matter.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Why would you hate to admit that you liked Atonement? It's a great flick. Nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards and is, for the most part, critically acclaimed. Don't get why anyone would hate to admit they like it.

Same with Pride and Prejudice and Little Miss Sunshine too for that matter.

I don't really "hate to admit it"... At least not here on these boards, anyway. I wouldn't just offer that up to friends/co-workers though, outta nowhere (on any of those movies to be honest).
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Mortal kombat
Teenage mutant ninja turtles 1 & 2
Police academies
The Flinstones
Mighty morphin power rangers
All Saw's apart from the last one
The grinch
Old 02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Atonement was brilliant. That is one film that has improved with every rewatch for me. Don't be ashamed, jaw

I loved some crappy movies as a kid and have a sentimental spot for them to this day...

Bingo!
Problem Child
Beethoven
Jack Frost
Dennis the Menace
Jungle 2 Jungle
George of the Jungle
Man of the House
Tom and Huck
Flipper
Air Bud
The CareBears movie(s)
Shiloh
Harry and the Hendersons
The Little Rascals
Harriet the Spy
Monkey Trouble

Free Willy and Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey were two of my very favourite movies as a kid too, though to this day I still love those films, and not really ashamed of it
Old 02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend23 View Post
Yay. And here's me thinking I'll be lambasted for actually praising her acting in the film and not her tits

I haven't seen The Tuxedo before, it's probably the only JLH movie I never bothered to see. I've even watched The Suburbans and The Audrey Hepburn Story which seemingly went unseen by the large majority.

Back in the late 90's to early 2000's, I was obsessed with JLH. I pretty much saw everything she was in, including Party Of Five and the short lived Time Of Your Life.

The Suburbans and The Tuxedo were awful and I really don't remember anything about The Audrey Hepburn movie.

One movie I loved to watch over and over again was Trojan War. It was actually pretty funny.

Of course she was also in the cinematic classic Munchie.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Waterworld. I'm not ashamed of liking it. I just hate talking about it with people who can do no more than mockingly laugh in that way only the village idiot can, and following that up with "how bad it did at the box office", their one bit of movie trivia.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Back in the late 90's to early 2000's, I was obsessed with JLH. I pretty much saw everything she was in, including Party Of Five and the short lived Time Of Your Life.

The Suburbans and The Tuxedo were awful and I really don't remember anything about The Audrey Hepburn movie.

One movie I loved to watch over and over again was Trojan War. It was actually pretty funny.
Ditto the obsession. I was in love with her, Neve Campbell and SMG throughout that period. The scream/TV queens of their generation.

Another one to add to the list of JLH guilty pleasures and childhood favourites for me would be House Arrest. That movie was actually a lot of fun, that said, it's been a number of years since I've seen it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I Know What You Did Last Summer and it's sequel I Still Know, are both big guilty pleasures of mine. Two really fun slasher flicks.

Can't Hardly Wait is pretty fun too, though of the entire cast, she was probably the one who had the least to do and was the least interesting (not entirely her fault though).
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Gone in 60 Seconds immediately springs to mind.

OH...and Idle Hands.

Yuck.

Last edited by blankpage; 02-10-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I love Idle Hands. It's hilarious.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Though I will defend until the day I die)
Star Wars Episode I and II
Hard Rain
Broken Arrow
Hard Target
Paycheck (I'm a huge John Woo Fan. Except for Windtalkers and Mission Impossible II I pretty much love everything he has done, doves and all)
Smokin' Aces
The A-Team
Daredevil
Pretty much any thing directed by Michael Bay

Last edited by Frosty_86; 02-11-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM
The Devil Wears Prada
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Meth
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star
Pretty much all Adam Sandler comedies (yes, including his new ones)
Problem Child 2
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
The Devil Wears Prada
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Pretty much all Adam Sandler comedies (yes, including his new ones)
I can't say that I hated Prada. Hathaway, Streep, and Blunt all give pretty good performances that I think elevates it from your typical chick flick. It doesn't hurt Hathaway and Blunt are sexy as hell and I find Streep attractive in it too. I'd totally bang here character. Now granted I've never been with boys and said "hey guys let's watch the Devil Wears Prada." That would probably be a little weird.

Isn't Sith the only one of the prequels that almost every body does like? I excluded it because I can't recall hearing people bitch about it as much as Phantom Menace and Clones. I don't like Hayden Christiansen but I think he was far less annoying than in Clones. He gives a decent performance, it's not as laughable as in Clones. I think Ewan McGregor amps it in this one though. The guy was total bad ass and gives one of the strongest performances in the series, if not the best. The action is also top notch. Yoda's and the Emperor's fight at the end is one of the series' best. Same with Anakin's and Obi-Wan's fight.
Spoiler:
Also I hate the way Padme dies. It also contradicts Leah saying she remembers her mother. I guess you can make the argument about the force and it working in weird ways.
Apart from a few flaws I do highly enjoy it.

I hate to admit I like as many of Adam Sandler's comedies as I do. I love pretty much enjoy every thing that he did up until Anger Management, and then it took a nose dive. I did like the Longest Yard. My favorites are Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, and The Waterboy. The Wedding Singer I would say is his best pure comedy. I wish he would give up doing the comedies and just go for more serious work, he has shown he can it and be great.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_86 View Post
Isn't Sith the only one of the prequels that almost every body does like?
It's the most well received of the prequels' but I still know a lot of people who hate it so, it may be a personal one.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Were there any shots in that film, milliseconds I'm talking about where there wasn't something crafted by computer, I have the reverse going on, I enjoyed Phantom more than revenge.

I'd like to say that I don't hate myself for liking these movies, really, it's not a big deal.

Dragonball Evolution
Indy 4
Toxic Avenger
NOES part 2, had more emotional weight than the 1st if you rewatch it, poor teenagers
The Godfather part 3

all for now but there are plenty of others