Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 AM
New York Ripper

Lucio Fulci most disturbing and misogynistic horror with a killer that quacks like a duck

I love it!!!

What are everyone else feelings on this one depreved gem?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm a big Fulci fan, so I'm biased towards this one.

It's one of his better efforts, with the right mix of gore & suspense. Plus the killer sounds like a psychopathic Donald Duck on steroids... What else do you need?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I thought it was just O.K. The film ends up being excruciatingly boring, there is all this talk of it being his most hardcore film, but that's just not true if you really know you're Fulci.

I'm a big fan of his work, well I guess I should said I used to be a very big fan of his work, but his movies just aren't that great after multiple viewings and lasting appeal. Granted there are a lot of great things to take away from each of his films, and you have to love his style, but some of his efforts are just atrocious, and NY Ripper falls right above this category.

There used to be certain films of his that I was really into, but over the years I've become distant. I think my favorite is House by the Cemetery or City of the Living Dead.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
I thought it was just O.K. The film ends up being excruciatingly boring, there is all this talk of it being his most hardcore film, but that's just not true if you really know you're Fulci.

I'm a big fan of his work, well I guess I should said I used to be a very big fan of his work, but his movies just aren't that great after multiple viewings and lasting appeal. Granted there are a lot of great things to take away from each of his films, and you have to love his style, but some of his efforts are just atrocious, and NY Ripper falls right above this category.

There used to be certain films of his that I was really into, but over the years I've become distant. I think my favorite is House by the Cemetery or City of the Living Dead.
you do know fluci was in fact a misogynist in real life right? if you view the killings knowing that fact it shows a very brutal side to fulci most especially in this movie

riiight and LOL@ "The film ends up being excruciatingly boring...." you must have trouble trying to place yourself when this was made to say that smfh

the killings are vicious to say the least just a vicious 1980's maniac (which is one of two of my all time favs along with 1974's black christmas) due to misogynistic undertones of the killer

don't you dare criticize the fulci damn you for that sir!!! LOL he is a HORROR GOD!!! now bow to him lol

your favs of his are cool i suppose lol.....but take this back NOW!!! "The film ends up being excruciatingly boring..." and this "there is all this talk of it being his most hardcore film, but that's just not true if you really know you're Fulci."

obviously you don't know enough about fulci the man to truly KNOW his work!!! NOW good day to you SIR!!!