02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
King of all Schmoes
Join Date: Jan 2006
Favorite Movie: God of War
Post Your Pet Peeves
~ Post Your Pet Peeves ~
Post your top pet peeves. They can be both movie-related, real life. Or both. But first, what is a pet peeve?
A pet peeve (pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it.
Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues. A key aspect of a pet peeve is that it may well seem acceptable to others. For example, a supervisor may have a pet peeve about people leaving the lid on the copier up and react angrily, be annoyed when others interrupt when speaking, or by messy desks of his or her subordinates. That same supervisor may witness employees coming into work late, and not feel any annoyance whatsoever. Link
Some of my pet peeves are as follows. And they are in no real particular order.
- People who mistreat, abuse, and are deliberately cruel to animals.
- People who mistreat, abuse, and are deliberately cruel to people.
- People who are full of shit and are always up in your face. Period.
- People who never shut the fuck up. Those who ramble on endlessly.
- People who know they're pissing you off and continue to piss you off.
- People who jay walk on purpose, and who are on their phones.
- People who are always on their phone (non-hands free) while driving.
- Drunk drivers. Dangerous drivers. Unlicensed drivers who have killed people.
- People who are in your personal space while smoking.
- Completely unfair court case verdicts.
- Corrupt police, and state figures. Politicians in general.
- Child abuse. Baby abuse. And family abuse.
- The abuse of the elderly, sick, and dying.
- Tail-gaters. Speedsters. People who are dickheads on the roads.
- People who leech off others good will. Sponges, if you will.
- People who wrought the system, and claim money that's not due to them.
- GST tax. Inflation. Carbon tax.
- People who mock, and/or make fun of retarded, crippled, and less fortunate people.
- People who have no regard for our planet and it's frail condition.
- People who steal from charity bins/shops/stalls. Thieves in general.
- People who deliberately have as many children as possible so they can claim welfare.
- Dickhead boyfriends who are constantly beating up by their female partners.
- Pedophiles. Murderers. Rapists. etc etc
- People who play shitty music really loud to get noticed.
- Limited 12 month warranty's on expensive electrical goods.
- People who cling to their mobile (cell) phone as if it were a third lung.
- People who bullshit to your face. Constantly.
- Friends who take advantage of, and use other friends to get what they want.
- Crappy cinemas with over the top admission prices.
- People who ignore you constantly even though you repeatedly ask them questions.
- Being belittled, berated, and generally put down by others.
- Having a tradition, culture shoved in your face 24/7/365 when you're not interested.
- People who pre-judge you, and act like their God over you.
- Destructive weather.
- High humidity.
- Julia Gillard. Nuff said.
- Seeing homeless people makes me sad.
- Money which is wasted on shitty films.
- People who you help, but they never help you in return.
- People who totally ignore others in need.
- People who swear way too much. It's highly irritating.
- Selfish people in general.
- Unnecessary movie sequels which suck!
- People who claim to know everything, but in reality, know nothing much.
- People who desecrate graves.
- People who say something is crap, but don't even know what they're talking about.
- Constipation/ diarrhea. Reflux
- The Twilight saga films.
- People who hate the original Star Trek for no valid reason.
- People who blame fast food outlets for their weight problems.
- Highly presumptuous people.
- People who whine about everything.
- People who can't support their own bad habits.
That will do for now. It may seem like I have alot of pet peeves. But that's only some of them. What about you?
Last edited by God of War; 02-14-2012 at 11:34 PM..