Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Daniel Von Bargen, 'Seinfeld' Actor, Hospitalized After Failed Suicide Attempt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1294494.html

Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM
One of my favorite "That guy" actors. Such a great list of films and I have loved his work in every one I have seen, especially his parts in Jonathan Demme's films. Hope he pulls through and gets his life/health back together =(
Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
He also played Bruce Grady, the hilariously corrupt police chief in Super Troopers. His scenes with Brian Cox in that film are priceless.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 PM
He was the creepy magician in Lord of Illusions and also had a role in a great episode of The X-Files titled Pine Bluff Variant. He was also Sheriff Cooley in O Brother Where Art Thou.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:20 PM
His filmography is incredible. But as far as he goes, I think the movie I remember him most is Kevin Costner's The Postman.

I hope he pulls through.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Not to mention Malcolm in the Middle...

That shit cray!

EDIT: Damn, had no idea he was from my hometown, either. That makes it suck even more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
He was the creepy magician in Lord of Illusions and also had a role in a great episode of The X-Files titled Pine Bluff Variant.
I totally recognize that episode title, but can't remember at all what happened :/

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 02-22-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Aww. I liked him in Lord of Illusions, and regardless of his career I hoep that he pulls out of this well.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM
The foreman of the jury in "Philadelphia"... the 'sunglasses guy' in "O Brother Where Art Thou?"...

Get well, Krueger!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Damn. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. He's a great actor and a welcome addition to any film. He ruled as Nix in Lord of Illusions. It's a flawed film for sure, but he really stands out in it just like any other supporting role he's ever had.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
I totally recognize that episode title, but can't remember at all what happened :/
It was from the 5th season. I pulled the synopsis from IMDB:

Scully is worried about Mulder when during an undercover sting operation, Mulder apparently lets a suspect, Jacob Steven Haley, escape. Haley is a right-wing anti-government militiaman who was observed in a park handing an envelope to someone who the FBI thinks was selling weapons. After Haley's escape, they find the other man dead with most of his flesh eaten away. Concerned that militiamen are in possession of biological weapons, FBI assistant Director Skinner takes Scully into his confidence and tells what is really going on.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Sad really to wanna take your own life but the article says he is diabetic & was to have a couple toes amputated, sounds like a pride thing to me & who can blame him, hope he does come out ok from this.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philalva77 View Post
Sad really to wanna take your own life but the article says he is diabetic & was to have a couple toes amputated, sounds like a pride thing to me & who can blame him, hope he does come out ok from this.
Hmmm... Lose a few toes and live with diabetes, or put a bullet in my head? Guy attempted to take the cowards way out, and while I'm glad it didn't work, I still have zero sympathy for the guy.