Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Hawaii Five O in NAME only.

Dont know if a thread of this has been made since this is its second season on air but I saw a couple of episodes of this pathetic new show and the producers of this show should be shot for such a montrocity.Doesnt even resemble the old classic show at all.Jack Lord is the one and only Steve Mcgarret.this guy is a phony wanna be imposter.Hollywood is really getting desperate and running out of ideas obviously.Those of you who were not around back then and never saw the classic 70's show,count your blessings.

You have no idea how they redid and ruined such a classic tv show.Its disgusting they would even try to redo such a great classic show.I was telling a coworker of mine how outraged I was over this and he wasnt around back then so he had never seen it and thats what I told him,that he is lucky to not know how they have ruined such a classic.

Hollywood is not only ruining classic movies these days with pathetic remakes but they are NOW ruining classic tv shows as well.

Last edited by Mr Parker; 01-31-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
I've never watched a full episode but the asian chick is hot!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
The new Hawaii Five-O kicks ass. It's actually one of my favorite shows. Alex O'Laughlin and Scott Caan are great team. And although the last episode I saw seemed to indicate he was leaving, it was great seeing Terry O'Quinn on the show for quite a while.

It's such a great looking show too. Beautifully filmed.

I don't care how little this show resembles the original. I judge it based on what it is and for what it is, it's pretty freaking awesome. Not too many action shows around but Hawaii Five-O more than fits the bill for the genre.

Also looking forward to in May the Hawaii Five-O/NCIS: Los Angeles cross over event CBS has planned. Should be tons of fun since I enjoy that show too.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
The new Hawaii Five-O kicks ass. It's actually one of my favorite shows. Alex O'Laughlin and Scott Caan are great team. And although the last episode I saw seemed to indicate he was leaving, it was great seeing Terry O'Quinn on the show for quite a while.

I don't care how little this show resembles the original. I judge it based on what it is and for what it is, it's pretty freaking awesome. Not too many action shows around but Hawaii Five-O more than fits the bill for the genre.

Also looking forward to in May the Hawaii Five-O/NCIS: Los Angeles cross over event CBS has planned. Should be tons of fun since I enjoy that show too.
This. While it isnt a great show by any means, it is super fun and gorgeously shot...if you really want to see a horrible remake of a 70's show, seek out the couple of episodes of Charlies Angels that aired last fall. Hawaii Five-O is lightyears better than that abomination.

Last edited by marilynMONROBOT; 01-31-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
mmm Grace Park

Old 02-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Oh brother.I would expect that from you.No surprise there.you seem to love how hollywood ruins and wrecks great classics.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynMONROBOT View Post
This. While it isnt a great show by any means, it is super fun and gorgeously shot...if you really want to see a horrible remake of a 70's show, seek out the couple of episodes of Charlies Angels that aired last fall. Hawaii Five-O is lightyears better than that abomination.
Disagree.Its pretty much on the same path as that other abomination Charlies Angels.Pretty much all my friends that I talk to echo my thoughts about this new abomination Hawaii Five-O who were also around for that great classic.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Just curious Mr. Parker, did you ever see the Footloose remake you were railing so hard against a few months back? It just seems like you instantly hate anything from the 70's or 80's being remade...I get the nostalgia that comes from old classics but do you think you even allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy any of the remakes or do you go in blinded by your distaste for them in general?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Parker View Post
Hollywood is not only ruining classic movies these days with pathetic remakes but they are NOW ruining classic tv shows as well.
How old are you 12? Remakes of TV shows have been done for ages. It's not just NOW. There have been several attempts over several decades to continue the Knight rider franchise. That started 20 years ago. So please stop whining that it's only NOW your favorite TV show is being remade.

I know it's hard not to see Batman as a fat dude in grey leotards with eyebrows drawn on his mask but man it's not the 60's anymore. You can't have Adam West play Batman forever you know. I agree it sucks big time that the new movies and animated shows don't have the pivotal POW, WHAM and ZAPP every time someone gets punched, but I learned to live with it. Times change. Let the kids from 2012 enjoy their own Batman and not the Batman from 50 years ago.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
How old are you 12? Remakes of TV shows have been done for ages. It's not just NOW. There have been several attempts over several decades to continue the Knight rider franchise. That started 20 years ago. So please stop whining that it's only NOW your favorite TV show is being remade.

I know it's hard not to see Batman as a fat dude in grey leotards with eyebrows drawn on his mask but man it's not the 60's anymore. You can't have Adam West play Batman forever you know. I agree it sucks big time that the new movies and animated shows don't have the pivotal POW, WHAM and ZAPP every time someone gets punched, but I learned to live with it. Times change. Let the kids from 2012 enjoy their own Batman and not the Batman from 50 years ago.
yeah but to have anybody else other than Jack Lord play Steve Mcgarret is just plain wrong.This guy is a phony wanne be,he is pathetic.Im surprised hollywood hasnt shitted on Lee Majors with a six million dollar man remake yet as well.just give them time though,they will.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
They tried to do a reboot of The Bionic Woman a few years back. But it sucked and failed as quickly as the Charlie's Angels reboot.

Not that these shows are the pinnacle of television. The Bionic Woman was a major cheesefest but it was good, silly fun. The remake made the mistake of trying to make it darker and more serious. Thus, all of the fun was zapped away.

I think that's why the Hawaii Five-O reboot is working and why people, other Mr. Parker of course, are enjoying it. It has a sense of a fun that some of these reboots lack. And the cast just clicks. And it's a gorgeous looking show.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
They tried to do a reboot of The Bionic Woman a few years back. But it sucked and failed as quickly as the Charlie's Angels reboot.

Not that these shows are the pinnacle of television. The Bionic Woman was a major cheesefest but it was good, silly fun. The remake made the mistake of trying to make it darker and more serious. Thus, all of the fun was zapped away.

I think that's why the Hawaii Five-O reboot is working and why people, other Mr. Parker of course, are enjoying it. It has a sense of a fun that some of these reboots lack. And the cast just clicks. And it's a gorgeous looking show.
Not having watched it, because I cant stand reboots, quick question:
If they called it "Caribbean Heat" or "Maui Force", would it still be as popular?
Cause if the answers is yes, why not just do that?
Make a friggin show in Hawaii about some cops and NOT stamp character names and a title from a popular 70's show on it.
IF the answer is yes, it shouldn't matter. The actors would still click, the stories would still be good and people would still watch.

It's JUST NOT NECESSARY if the damned show works.
Screw reboots.
Yeesh.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
It's a marketing hook. But in the end, who really cares. It's an entertaining show. And that all that matters to me.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:

other than Mr parker? hate to break your heart but practically everybody I talk in real life agrees with me this remake is pathetic.oh and Im not lying either.amazing how you could care less how hollywood shits on classics.

you should have read this post of mine below first before making such a dumb post.It was my third post as you can see.sheesh.You just like shooting the messenger and like to think Im the only one out there that disagrees with you.

Disagree.Its pretty much on the same path as that other abomination Charlies Angels.Pretty much all my friends that I talk to echo my thoughts about this new abomination Hawaii Five-O who were also around for that great classic.

Last edited by Mr Parker; 02-23-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Not having watched it, because I cant stand reboots, quick question:
If they called it "Caribbean Heat" or "Maui Force", would it still be as popular?
Cause if the answers is yes, why not just do that?
Make a friggin show in Hawaii about some cops and NOT stamp character names and a title from a popular 70's show on it.
IF the answer is yes, it shouldn't matter. The actors would still click, the stories would still be good and people would still watch.

It's JUST NOT NECESSARY if the damned show works.
Screw reboots.
Yeesh.
yeah thats what this show SHOULD be called is something like Hawaii force,something like that instead of shitting on a classic like hollywood constantly does these days.screw reboots is right.glad to see SOMEONE come on here that cares about hollywood raping to death classic material.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Mr. Parker -
you and your friends may not like the show, but the show still does pretty well in the ratings. And that's really all that matters. Whether you like it or not, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

And unless you are just trolling, I don't get why my post angered you. I am not shooting the messenger. I am not shooting anything. I was only comparing Hawaii Five-O remake to other recent remakes and suggesting why it works where others haven't. You are free to disagree with me. I don't care. You hate it. I get it. You've made that loud and clear. But I like it. If you have a problem with that tough. Your post borders is actually quite disrespectful and with that kind of attitude you are not going to last here too much longer.

Last edited by ilovemovies; 02-24-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Parker;3521850]other than Mr parker? hate to break your heart but practically everybody I talk in real life agrees with me this remake is pathetic.oh and Im not lying either.amazing how you could care less how hollywood shits on classics.

Talking to yourself doesnt count.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
LOL That was what I was thinking.

Hollywood is just plain stupid. They are always banking on people coming back to what they know or knew. There are plenty of new ideas and concepts to be done, but Hollywood would rather spend money on something they believe will bring in more profit than take a chance on something new.

Last edited by Erroneous; 02-25-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
mmm Grace Park

I have a strange impulse to start watching Hawaii Five 0.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=PBateman;3522290]
Quote:
other than Mr parker? hate to break your heart but practically everybody I talk in real life agrees with me this remake is pathetic.oh and Im not lying either.amazing how you could care less how hollywood shits on classics.

Talking to yourself doesnt count.
.you just lost your credibility accusing me of being a liar.i got no reason to lie.

Last edited by Mr Parker; 02-28-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
yeah thats what this show SHOULD be called is something like Hawaii force,something like that instead of shitting on a classic like hollywood constantly does these days.screw reboots is right.glad to see SOMEONE come on here that cares about hollywood raping to death classic material.
worthy of repeating.either people get that or they dont.

Last edited by Mr Parker; 02-28-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Mr. Parker -
you and your friends may not like the show, but the show still does pretty well in the ratings. And that's really all that matters. Whether you like it or not, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

And unless you are just trolling, I don't get why my post angered you. I am not shooting the messenger. I am not shooting anything. I was only comparing Hawaii Five-O remake to other recent remakes and suggesting why it works where others haven't. You are free to disagree with me. I don't care. You hate it. I get it. You've made that loud and clear. But I like it. If you have a problem with that tough. Your post borders is actually quite disrespectful and with that kind of attitude you are not going to last here too much longer.
well you said ONLY Mr Parker implying I am the ONLY one in the world that hates it .if you had said people LIKE Mr Parker,I wouldnt have said a word about your post.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
LOL! You took my post too literally. Obviously ANY show is going to have it's detractors and people who like/love it. Even 24 and Lost, my two favorite shows of all time, have their share of detractors (particularly in their later years). And that's fine. Not everyone is going to have the same taste. It'd be a boring world if they did.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:

.you just lost your credibility accusing me of being a liar.i got no reason to lie.
What? Never said that dude.

You lose crediblity with every post bitching about remakes and reboots. claiming "people i talk to in real life say so"

Gimme a fuckin break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRTASg9sh8
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Ran across this clip on the internets...

http://youtu.be/oQYwFND7rHE

Haha this makes me not want to go to Subway now.

LMAO @ some of the video comments.

Last edited by creekin111; 05-16-2013 at 06:35 PM..