Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearMisfit View Post
Pretty sweet man thanks.
Im not sure how Gorn would work in the new film, I just hope he doesnt look like a Power Rangers villain using a bunch of hand gestures and over emoting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyro_44 View Post
I'm guessing there might be a race of Gorns, and they are going to look like badass giant reptiles. I wouldn't worry about Power Rangers.
Nuclear Misfit & Gyro 44:

Yeah, it will probably resemble the CGI Gorn they did in the Star Trek: Enterprise 4th Season two part episode titled "In A Mirror Darkly".

Full Size:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...um/TheGorn.jpg

Episode Links:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/In_a...rkly_(episode)

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/In_a...t_II_(episode)

Quote:
I think it's a cool idea. I always remember the Shatner vs Gorn fight in the original series.
Gyro 44:

Yeah, as corny as the suit and fight was between the Gorn and Captain Kirk... I still loved that episode.

Quote:
Could work.
Nuclear Misfit:

Yeah, my guess is that JJ will use a combination of CGI and a real costume to bring the Gorn to life on screen. Either that or he might create a Gorn suit that breathes, blinks, slithers, and emotes flawlessly with the actors face, or something nutty. Then again, I might be hoping for too much. In any event, I am sure whatever JJ will come up with will be pretty cool.

Last edited by James Bond; 01-18-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Yeah, I was trying to find that. Heard it got cut from the film. Wonder if they'd stick with the same design, or do something more elaborate...
Smiert Spionam:

Yeah, I hope they will go with something more elaborate. Cause they definitely can't show it having human eyes or anything, that's for sure. Then again, that probably wasn't the final stage of the make-up, I'm guessing.

Quote:
Also wonder if Abrams was just joking in the first place.
As for JJ Abram's joking: Who knows. He might be. However, I am sure he would at least throw a Gorn in the next film at some point because of this rumor, though (even if he decided last minute not make this a Gorn focused movie).

Last edited by James Bond; 01-18-2010 at 11:09 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
I seriously think Abrams was joking because in the very next portion of the article he's saying that he has a bunch of ideas for a sequel. So hopefully the Gorn aren't the main villains because I don't think they're a worthy villain for a follow up.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I seriously think Abrams was joking because in the very next portion of the article he's saying that he has a bunch of ideas for a sequel. So hopefully the Gorn aren't the main villains because I don't think they're a worthy villain for a follow up.
Jig Saw:

I was thinking that they should focus on the Klingons and the Romulans in the next film.
But that's just me. However, if they sprinkle it with a couple of cool looking Gorns.
I wouldn't complain, though.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
Jig Saw:

I was thinking that they should focus on the Klingons and the Romulans in the next film.
But that's just me. However, if they sprinkle it with a couple of cool looking Gorns.
I wouldn't complain, though.
The Romulans were the main focus for Star Trek, I hope they switch it up a bit and introduce someone completely new or more threating than revengeful Romulans. I don't mind Gorns making an appearance, maybe as a henchman or the puppets to a more terrifying enemy.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM

I hope its something like Sarris but in the digital age I imagine it'll be CGI.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
The Romulans were the main focus for Star Trek, I hope they switch it up a bit and introduce someone completely new or more threating than revengeful Romulans.
Jig Saw:

Yeah, your probably right. Well, then they should make the sequel's primary focus on the Klingons then, and involve the Romulans (possibly as a set up for the third film or something). I mean, I would seriously like to see the "Klingon Disaster" that led to decades of war (with the humans) within the wake of this new altered time line.

Especially when we got a taste of how cool and mysterious the Klingons can be in the deleted scene on the 2009 Trek DVD.

http://www.spike.com/video/star-trek-dvd-bonus/3278137

Side Note:

Anyways, just in case you didn't know: Jean-Luc Picard in the television episode called "First Contact" stated that "centuries ago, a disastrous contact with the Klingon Empire led to decades of war, and it was decided then that we (Starfleet) would do surveillance before making (first) contact."

In other words: It would be awesome to see such a historical event unfold before us; even if it is in a mere altered time line.

Quote:
I don't mind Gorns making an appearance, maybe as a henchman or the puppets to a more terrifying enemy.
Yeah, now that I think about it. The Gorn are more like grunts or henchman.
Definitely like to see them in the sequel to some capacity, though.
I mean, JJ can't tease us with the word "Gorn" and not put one in the film.
That just wouldn't be right.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...k#23rd_century
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Talk:Klingon_history
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/First_Contact_(episode)

Quote:
I hope its something like Sarris but in the digital age I imagine it'll be CGI.
Nuclear Misfit:

Ha, ha, ha... I remember Galaxy Quest. I haven't seen that one in years.
Great frigging movie. I loved it, right down to the effects, too.
Oh, and yeah, Sarris was a pretty cool looking lizard in that, as well.

As for JJ going all CGI: Well, I don't know. That is hard to say if he will or not. He isn't one of those directors who likes to rely heavily on CGI unless it is a giant monster or non humanoid in shape (Which is tough to do practically). At least, that is the impression I have gotten from his directorial style so far. Then again, I could be wrong and time will tell on what he will do.

Personally, the effects he has done so far on Star Trek: have been pretty impressive.
So I will definitely don't think he will disappoint us in the sequel, thats for sure.

Last edited by James Bond; 01-19-2010 at 12:11 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Nuclear Misfit:

Holy cats! That one site I was telling you about (that I thought was gone for good)...

Is now back!

Check it out, man....

http://www.rixgrafix.com/index_064.htm

Star Trek Feature Films:

http://www.rixgrafix.com/index_051.htm

Last edited by James Bond; 01-19-2010 at 10:24 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 05:10 AM
As long as J. J. Abrams is in charge again for the 2nd well then, beam me up.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Totally forgot I made this thread haha

First two set photos showing Quinto, Saldana and Benedict Cumberbatch as the yet-unspecified-villain:

Also, on that note, the new rumor making the rounds is that Cumberbatch is playing Commander Gary Mitchell from TOS. I was unfamiliar with the character, so naturally, I went to Memory Alpha: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gary_Mitchell

With this in mind, I'm super excited at this possibility.

P.S. Can a mod change the title of this thread and add it to the ones stickied?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:24 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That is all.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Don't find Saldana hot but damn, I can't wait!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Don't find Saldana hot

Okay, if you said "not that hot," I could have been like, "Whatevs, different strokes..."

But "not hot?!" At ALL?!?

You are just begging me to ask you if you like boys hahaha

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 02-25-2012 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I hope to god they put an end to the Spock/Uhura romance. How anyone thought it was a good idea to begin with I'll never know. Plus, there was just no chemistry between them whatsoever.

I think a fling with Uhura and Kirk would be okay, since I believe they shared a kiss on the TV series anyway. Plus, there were some sparks between them in the scenes that took place on earth early in the movie.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
While she didn't have a lot of sexy scenes in Star Trek. If anyone has seen The Losers or Columbiana, they'll notice Saldana's hotness.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_alpz View Post
While she didn't have a lot of sexy scenes in Star Trek. If anyone has seen The Losers or Columbiana, they'll notice Saldana's hotness.
No Avatar love?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Couple more pics:

Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 AM
"Where no man had gone before" was a great episode, but Idk how it would translate toa feature film.

I'm guessing Alice Eve is playing Dehner.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
No Avatar love?
Always have love for avatar. But I wouldn't really say her hotness comes through the CG. But some people really get going by her blue skin
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice to see Alice Eve. The lady is hot as molten.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Nice to see Alice Eve. The lady is hot as molten.
So Alice Eve is hot, but Saldana is not?

Racist!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I would guzzle Zoe's bathwater for a glimpse of her in the tub.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Cumberbatch is playing Kahn, apparently.

Meh
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:

Meh
Meh?! Have you seen BBC's Sherlock Holmes?

Cumberbatch just made Star Trek II so much more awesome.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:

Meh
same
Old 05-01-2012, 04:33 PM
You guys are nuts. Prepare to have your minds blown come 2013 (or whenever this is coming out)
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Did I hear correctly that they're almost done filming? When the hell did this start shooting?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
The Mitchell storyline would've given Star Trek 2 a place in its own right. That's no longer a given. Using Khan, irrespective of the storyline, will always draw comparisons to The Wrath of Khan. Why do this? was it for commercial reasons? That's my only explanation.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
The Mitchell storyline would've given Star Trek 2 a place in its own right. That's no longer a given. Using Khan, irrespective of the storyline, will always draw comparisons to The Wrath of Khan. Why do this? was it for commercial reasons? That's my only explanation.
I believe they want to go a similar route like The Dark Knight with The Joker. Khan is Kirk's main nemesis just Joker is to Batman. It will get people talking, the fans in a uproar but also curious to see how they can pull it off. This Khan is going to be different. It would be interesting to see how it all pans out since everyone else's timeline and upbringing was different.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Cumberbatch is NOT playing Khan. Simon Pegg confirmed it.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Cumberbatch is NOT playing Khan. Simon Pegg confirmed it.
This makes me VERY happy.

The new Star Trek needs to pave it's own path.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Article: Star Trek 2 Villain Spoiled by Karl Urban!

Fans have been kept in a constant state of flux regarding the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villain character in Star Trek 2.
Today, actor Karl Urban, who plays Bones in the sequel, inadvertently revealed the baddie's identity, while promoting his upcoming sci-fi reboot Dredd.
If you would rather be surprised about this villain's identity, then stop reading now! If you just can't wait another second longer, take a look at this interview excerpt below.

Spoiler:
"He's awesome, he's a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary."

It has been rumored that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Khan ever since the actor signed to star in Star Trek 2, back in January. In May, actor Simon Pegg insisted that Khan is not the villain. And it looks like he wasn't lying.

Spoiler:
Gary Mitchell first appeared in the original Star Trek series' third episode Where No Man Has Gone Before. He is an old acquaintance of Spock from the Starfleet Academy who transforms into a, "God-like antagonist after encountering the galactic barrier."

Of course, it is possible that Karl Urban has simply provided us with yet another red herring, to add to the mystery surrounding this role.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/star-tr...-by-karl-urban
Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
So Alice Eve is hot, but Saldana is not?

Racist!

Zoe is clearly an attractive woman. If some don't feel she is "hot" that's one thing, but she is most certainly attractive.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Rumored title: Star Trek Into Darkness
Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I actually really like the title.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
I actually really like the title.
Same a lot of people are trying to compare it to Batman, but personally I don't see the comparison it is in my opinion talking about a different of darkness.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Same a lot of people are trying to compare it to Batman, but personally I don't see the comparison it is in my opinion talking about a different of darkness.
I agree, I think the darkness is probably in reference to the crew journeying into the darkest corners of the universe--kind of like Thor: The Dark World. However, I do believe this one will be darker in tone with a cast member or two dying in the process of their mission.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Like the title. Hopefully they will go a little darker, but keeping it light on occasion. Loved the first film.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Not feeling the title, at all. I think a ":" makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 AM
thoughts on the poster??