#241  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1132 View Post
I was a bit disappointed by the way the ending was handled too.

Spoiler:
It seemed like they wanted to kill Dale off just for the sake of shocking anyone who reads the comics (who would already know Dale sticks around much, much longer). I'm all for some changes that keep it fresh for those of us who have read the books, but this is the first change I don't think was handled very well.


But I think everyone is overlooking the biggest part of this episode... T-Dog's epic speech!
Spoiler:
I couldn't disagree more. Dale's death was much more than just pure shock value. Looking back at the episode, I actually think the episode did a great job of organically leading up to Dale's death. It didn't come out of nowhere because Dale's death was actually needed to help the group bring back it's humanity. Because Dale was the ONLY person who voted to not execute Randal, he was the lone voice of humanity. And now his death will probably hit everyone pretty hard now and make them look at the situation differently. Well, everyone except Shane of course, I'm sure. Sad as his death may have been, it was actually needed and will be very important to the show I think.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
It's funny that by the end of this season, the writers will have

Spoiler:
killed off the two extreme, polar opposites of the group. Dale obviously being the most humane, and Shane being the most primitive. And we all know Shane's buying the farm after he's made it perfectly clear that he will backstab Rick with any chance he gets. Rick should've left him on the bus.

I also feel that the ending wasn't handled well either. I was more sad to see Jeffrey DeMunn leave simply because he's one of the strongest actors in the group. But it was written in a rather lazy way. There's no way he would have not seeing the walker if it had been that close. It would have made more sense if it was on the ground by the cow and it tripped Dale.

Whatever though, this show has been doing nothing but taking the easy route for the most part. Most of the season has felt like a long build up to an obvious conclusion rather than feel like a great collection of stand alone episodes that build to a satisfying ending.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
It's funny that by the end of this season, the writers will have

Spoiler:
killed off the two extreme, polar opposites of the group. Dale obviously being the most humane, and Shane being the most primitive. And we all know Shane's buying the farm after he's made it perfectly clear that he will backstab Rick with any chance he gets. Rick should've left him on the bus.
Spoiler:
Rick should have left him on the bus and when Shane came back, shit would have hit the fan and divided the group even more which would've been an awesome route instead doing the same shit over and over.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I actually didn't mind the character of Dale being killed off in the latest episode. He was becoming way too preachy and he was constantly meddling in other people's business when he should of been minding his own. He talks about how morally wrong it is to kill Randall and how the group will further risk their humanity by doing so, but where the fuck has he been during every pivotal moment of the show? I'll tell you where, mostly sitting ontop of that damn RV! He had seen, risked, and experienced nothing compared to what Rick, Shane, and some of the other members of the group had endured.

I don't totally support Shane's point of view either, but based on what Daryl discovered about the men Randall traveled with, giving Randall a chance presents a risk not many would be willing to take during a zombie apocalypse. I mean, come on! If you thought there was a chance that Randall would escape and bring his men back to your farm to rape, beat, and eventually murder your people, would you let him go? The guy shot at Rick and Hershel, he cannot be trusted!

Dale accuses the group of not taking enough time to deliberate Randall's fate, but Rick had given everyone the entire day to think about it. The meeting was only supposed to act as a forum for people to present their opinions, they were supposed to have already decided what they wanted the group to do. That's why I couldn't understand Dale's complaint when he stated that a man's life was worth more than a 5 minute conversation. I think what he really meant was 5 minutes isn't enough time for me to shove my opinion down your throats and persuade you to side with my point of view one last time. Sorry, but this is the zombie apocalypse, not the world he once knew. He came off as being really self-righteous in this episode.

And what was Dale's magical solution to the Randall problem? He didn't have one, which is odd considering how he accused the group of being hasty and wanting to kill Randall because they couldn't think of another option. Here's an idea; think of a solution to justify the risk. You want the group to allow a potentially huge risk to live beside them? THINK OF A WAY TO PROTECT THEM! As Daryl said, he already presents a big problem seeing as how he's another mouth to feed.

Pretty much everyone besides Shane want have things return to normal with the world, but without sacrifice how can the group survive long enough to see that happen? I sympathize with Rick rather than Dale regarding the events in the past episode. I knew he wouldn't shoot Randall because he was a man of certain principles. When he saw the affect it had on Carl he couldn't go through with it and I understand his choice. However, I liked that his character was willing to consider another option because the issue of keeping people safe isn't going away in the show. In their world, you have to at least consider what would be considered unthinkable in our current world. Dale seemed to support the moral choice for the sake of morality, he couldn't accept how the world had changed. He was doomed from the start.

Last edited by psycheoutsteve; 03-06-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Can we not put spoiler tags on things that have already happened. It makes one of two things happen:

1. We can't contribute to the conversation.

2. We click and find out the spoilers are actually for an episode that hasn't aired yet.

Thanks!

PS. Snape kills Dumbledore.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
PS. Snape kills Dumbledore.


"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you bitch! You bitch!"
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I could go either way with what happened on Sunday's episode -

**Spoilers for those who haven't seen it**


Dale was pretty much the last human in the group, trying to preserve what little humanity there was and he just couldn't do it. He was getting whiny and annoying but he was desperate to get the group to see what they are becoming. Personally I did not like him and am glad he is gone BUT at the same time after his death I though about the consequences of him no longer being there to voice his opinion and remind the group who they are and what they are doing.

Another annoyance is Carl. I understand he was in the comics but I can not stand a child being used as a plot device in a story like this. Yea IRL if this happened I would save my children at all costs but the show would work so much better without his annoying little ass being around, screwing up and sounding like complete idiot every time he speaks.

I enjoyed the episode and can not wait for the inevitable Shane/Rick showdown!
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh Carl... it's not really his fault that child actors suck and adults also suck at writing parts for children.

But with such limited episodes, there is just so much more interesting story to be told than some whiny little kid.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Great episode. Sad to see Dale go. Thought that Rick was going to be the one to end his misery instead of Daryl. But how twisted would it be if instead of Daryl it was Shane that shot and ended his suffering.

And this......

Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
Great episode. Sad to see Dale go. Thought that Rick was going to be the one to end his misery instead of Daryl. But how twisted would it be if instead of Daryl it was Shane that shot and ended his suffering.

And this......

Glenn is the only woman I like on the show.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Okay, here is a spoiler detailing what happens in the next episode "Better Angels" with a link to the source. You have been warned!

Spoiler:
Episode 12 "Better Angels"

Episode begins with Dale's funeral. Rick makes a speech, intercut with Andrea, Daryl, Shane and T-Dog killing some random walkers in a field. Funeral ends with Rick saying that the group has to set aside their differences and pull together in honor of Dale. Cue theme music.

Hershel finally allows everybody to move into the house. Rick decides to let Randall loose instead of killing him, just like they had originally planned. Shane gets all mad at the idea, but Rick says it's his decision and Shane needs to shut up. Later, Carl reveals to Shane that he done fucked up and stole Daryl's gun as well as released that walker from the swamp, but asks him not to tell anyone. While Shane is building a lookout platform, Lori comes to talk to him. She thanks him for everything he had done (saving them from Atlanta, etc.) and says she's truly sorry for all the crap that happened between them.

Shane asks Rick that he and Daryl be allowed to go dump Randall, but Rick refuses. Shane then tells Rick about what Carl did and gives him Daryl's gun. Rick has a talk with his son and basically tells him to grow up. Meanwhile, Shane sneaks into the shed and releases Randall. They secretly leave the farm and take off into the woods together. Shane tells the kid that he wants to join their group and asks Randall where it is. He tells Shane that they have a camp on a highway five miles away. Shane then proceeds to snap his neck. (CONT'D)

CONT'D) The group discovers that Randall is gone and gets all panicked. Suddenly, a bloody Shane appears. He says that Randall knocked him out and escaped (he actually smashed his head into a tree after killing Randall) and that he tried to run after him. Two pairs head out to look for Randall: Glenn & Daryl and Rick & Shane. Daryl uses his epic tracking skills to deduce that Randall and Shane actually walked together and had a scuffle near the tree with Shane's blood on it. Then, a zombie-Randall appears. Daryl misses with his crossbow, there's a fight, Glenn takes out Randall. Daryl uses his epic Sherlock skills to deduce that Randall was killed by a broken neck and zombified in spite of having no bite marks.

Shane and Rick meanwhile arrive on a field. Rick tells Shane that he knows Shane plans to kill him there. Shane plans to pin the murder on Randall and says he's better for Lori and that Rick has no idea how to fix the situation. Shane wants Rick to raise his gun so he wouldn't have to kill an unarmed man. Rick talks him out of the murder, telling him that there's still a way out of it. As Shane is lowering his gun, Rick stabs him in the chest, killing him. Carl appears, having left the farm looking for them, and sees Shane rising from the dead while Rick's back is turned. He shoots Shane in the head, attracting a nearby group of walkers. Rick and Carl stand over Shane's corpse, oblivious to the huge horde of walkers approaching the farm from the woods. End episode.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Haha. The producers of The Walking Dead have to do something about their leak. This is as bad as 24 when in season 3 we kept getting detailed paragraphs on what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
Okay, here is a spoiler detailing what happens in the next episode "Better Angels" with a link to the source. You have been warned!

Spoiler:
Episode 12 "Better Angels"

Episode begins with Dale's funeral. Rick makes a speech, intercut with Andrea, Daryl, Shane and T-Dog killing some random walkers in a field. Funeral ends with Rick saying that the group has to set aside their differences and pull together in honor of Dale. Cue theme music.

Hershel finally allows everybody to move into the house. Rick decides to let Randall loose instead of killing him, just like they had originally planned. Shane gets all mad at the idea, but Rick says it's his decision and Shane needs to shut up. Later, Carl reveals to Shane that he done fucked up and stole Daryl's gun as well as released that walker from the swamp, but asks him not to tell anyone. While Shane is building a lookout platform, Lori comes to talk to him. She thanks him for everything he had done (saving them from Atlanta, etc.) and says she's truly sorry for all the crap that happened between them.

Shane asks Rick that he and Daryl be allowed to go dump Randall, but Rick refuses. Shane then tells Rick about what Carl did and gives him Daryl's gun. Rick has a talk with his son and basically tells him to grow up. Meanwhile, Shane sneaks into the shed and releases Randall. They secretly leave the farm and take off into the woods together. Shane tells the kid that he wants to join their group and asks Randall where it is. He tells Shane that they have a camp on a highway five miles away. Shane then proceeds to snap his neck. (CONT'D)

CONT'D) The group discovers that Randall is gone and gets all panicked. Suddenly, a bloody Shane appears. He says that Randall knocked him out and escaped (he actually smashed his head into a tree after killing Randall) and that he tried to run after him. Two pairs head out to look for Randall: Glenn & Daryl and Rick & Shane. Daryl uses his epic tracking skills to deduce that Randall and Shane actually walked together and had a scuffle near the tree with Shane's blood on it. Then, a zombie-Randall appears. Daryl misses with his crossbow, there's a fight, Glenn takes out Randall. Daryl uses his epic Sherlock skills to deduce that Randall was killed by a broken neck and zombified in spite of having no bite marks.

Shane and Rick meanwhile arrive on a field. Rick tells Shane that he knows Shane plans to kill him there. Shane plans to pin the murder on Randall and says he's better for Lori and that Rick has no idea how to fix the situation. Shane wants Rick to raise his gun so he wouldn't have to kill an unarmed man. Rick talks him out of the murder, telling him that there's still a way out of it. As Shane is lowering his gun, Rick stabs him in the chest, killing him. Carl appears, having left the farm looking for them, and sees Shane rising from the dead while Rick's back is turned. He shoots Shane in the head, attracting a nearby group of walkers. Rick and Carl stand over Shane's corpse, oblivious to the huge horde of walkers approaching the farm from the woods. End episode.
I really wish I hadn't read this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0O...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
I really wish I hadn't read this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0O...eature=related
I'm glad I did. Now I wonder what the hell is going to happen in the finale.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm beginning to think Lori is a rotten human being. She doesn't parent Carl, she talks down to everyone else and she seems to rile members of the group up. And now, after Rick and Shane have openly fought and argued, she goes up an apologizes to Shane for the mess she made? She shouldn't be anywhere near him. Daryl's right, she's Olive Oyl, constantly bringing up a bunch of unnecessary drama.

Last edited by jeo4; 03-11-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Next week looks to be a shitstorm.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
WOW! Fantastic episode.

The last scene was chilling.

R.I.P.
Spoiler:
Shane
. For all the chaos he may have created, whether it was his fault or not, he was still a big part of the group's survival and I am sad that we will not be seeing him anymore. Rick did not honestly HAVE TO take that course of action. He could have handled the situation different. So I don't feeel that he is completely "clean" when it comes to the actions, especially this one that he has taken.

Also, Rick's wife is like the worst mother ever. Somehow Carl is ALWAYS able to escape or not be taken care of.

The last scene with the whole group of zombies was chilling. Shit's about to blow.

Can't wait for next week. Should be a hell of a finale.

Last edited by The_Soloist; 03-11-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Asshole move on Rick's part. Great episode, nominations worthy
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Asshole move on Rick's part.
I respectfully disagree. This was just the position Rick was put into. Shane failed to make smart decisions and Rick knew what had to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Great episode, nominations worthy
I agree with this, though. Very good episode.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Asshole move on Rick's part. Great episode, nominations worthy
I agree 100%. Rick could have EASILY handled the situation differently. And for the latter, I hope Justin gets a nomination AND a win. He has been nothing but brilliant this season.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
I respectfully disagree. This was just the position Rick was put into. Shane failed to make smart decisions and Rick knew what had to be done.
Put yourself in Shane's shoes, and tell me you wouldn't want that handled differently.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Put yourself in Shane's shoes, and tell me you wouldn't want that handled differently.
Nobody wants to die, but think about it for a minute. Shane killed two people and then he tried to kill a third and his actions caught up with him. What did you expect with Shane handling things as badly as he did?


So if you were in Rick's shoes, how would you have reacted?
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Asshole move on Rick's part. Great episode, nominations worthy
A guy has been giving you grief at every step despite all your efforts to make things work, has designs on taking your place within your family, and finally pulls a gun on you with the firm intention of taking you out. There is only one way that scenario ends. You don't give that guy a second chance; a second chance is just a second chance to pop you, only next time you won't see it coming.

Rick has been "handling" Shane all season and this is what all his hard work got him: a gun pointed at him by his friend, AGAIN! There was only one way Shane wanted this to end, and Rick knew that, that's why Shane is dead. And if Rick didn't kill him then Shane was right and Rick really did deserve to have his ticket punched instead.

Last edited by electriclite; 03-11-2012 at 11:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I definitely had a LOT more sympathy for Rick in that scene than for Shane. I mean, it's not like Rick wanted to kill Shane. It was clearly very painful for him to do. But he was given no choice. I thought it was a powerful scene and pretty much flawless in execution. I only wished it happened in daylight because the scene was darkly lit and my computer kind of sucks. I have the brightness level up all the way, and the night scenes can still be pretty hard to see.


What I don't understand is why Shane turned into a walker after he died since it was Rick who killed him and not a walker and other people, like Dale for instance, didn't turn and wasn't bitten. They'll probably explain in next week's finale though. I heard in the finale that we FINALLY find out what the guy from the CDC whispered into Rick's ear. About time too!

Last edited by ilovemovies; 03-12-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Spoiler:
So what's the deal with all dead people coming back to life? Any speculations? I haven't read the comics so I don't know. My guess right now would be that's similar to the explanation in the original Dawn of the Dead: "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Great episode. Best of the season.

I don't see how what Rick did was an asshole move. He was about to be murdered. He either could just stand there and die, or fight back. There is no other way to handle that situation.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Rick Grimes is once again a BOSS. I thought he got soft again after not killing that little bitch from Philly but that was a great move on his part.

Spoiler:
That's what you get for screwing another man's wife!
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Asshole move on Rick's part.



Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
A guy has been giving you grief at every step despite all your efforts to make things work, has designs on taking your place within your family, and finally pulls a gun on you with the firm intention of taking you out. There is only one way that scenario ends. You don't give that guy a second chance; a second chance is just a second chance to pop you, only next time you won't see it coming.

Rick has been "handling" Shane all season and this is what all his hard work got him: a gun pointed at him by his friend, AGAIN! There was only one way Shane wanted this to end, and Rick knew that, that's why Shane is dead. And if Rick didn't kill him then Shane was right and Rick really did deserve to have his ticket punched instead.
Egg Zachary.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm pretty sure what happened to Shane is directly related to what the CDC guy whispered in Rick's ear, and what the Kirkman has already stated:

Spoiler:
The "Walking Dead is in reference to the living, not the "walkers". The living are all infected. However you die, you will wake up a "walker"... except if its a coup de grace to the crown.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 03-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Another great episode. This season has at times been painfully slow, but there have been enough worthwhile moments to justify it.

This one was no different. Although I don't think it packed the same emotional punch that last week's ep did (I was in tears by the end of that one), it was still a great finish and inevitable, given that Shane had, for all intents and purposes, joined the circus. Rick really had no choice.

Is it me though, or did Lori really screw things up by telling Shane she wasn't sure whose baby it was? Way to go, dumb broad. Give the guy more reasons to want to kill your husband.

The very last shot was promising; can't wait for the season finale. Right now me and my flatmates (we all religiously watch this show every week) are taking bets on who'll die next episode because now that there's a shitstorm coming, it's a safe bet some of them won't make it out of there alive.

And Carl is still a brat; I want to snatch that stupid hat he wears and stomp on it.
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
A guy has been giving you grief at every step despite all your efforts to make things work, has designs on taking your place within your family, and finally pulls a gun on you with the firm intention of taking you out. There is only one way that scenario ends. You don't give that guy a second chance; a second chance is just a second chance to pop you, only next time you won't see it coming.

Rick has been "handling" Shane all season and this is what all his hard work got him: a gun pointed at him by his friend, AGAIN! There was only one way Shane wanted this to end, and Rick knew that, that's why Shane is dead. And if Rick didn't kill him then Shane was right and Rick really did deserve to have his ticket punched instead.
I couldn't agree with you more! There was just no way Rick could give Shane another chance after that, he had to kill him. To let him live would only be delaying the inevitable; that Shane would once again try to kill Rick. The real asshole move came from Lori, who stirred Shane up once again and finally gave him the last push he needed to follow through with his plan to kill Rick. I am losing sympathy for Lori with every new episode.

I think Shane's story is in some ways tragic because he originally started a relationship with Lori on the basis of protecting her and Carl. He saw himself being able to be a good husband, a good father, and a good leader. I think if faced with the situation, most people would of left Rick in the hospital. There didn't seem to be any real way that Shane could have rescued him at that time without getting Rick and himself killed. I think if Rick had died that you would of seen Shane make different and more humane choices for the group. When faced with the reality that he couldn't be with Lori, he accepted an extremist survival attitude in which he perceived the world as being cold and brutal. To Shane, the only way you could expect to survive in such a world was to shoot first and ask questions later because to him the world wasn't fair. Shane felt that the world wasn't going to do you any favors simply because you had the best intentions. As a consequence of this line of thinking, Shane's actions were often the least humane of the actions committed by the group.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
I couldn't agree with you more! There was just no way Rick could give Shane another chance after that, he had to kill him. To let him live would only be delaying the inevitable; that Shane would once again try to kill Rick. The real asshole move came from Lori, who stirred Shane up once again and finally gave him the last push he needed to follow through with his plan to kill Rick. I am losing sympathy for Lori with every new episode.

I think Shane's story is in some ways tragic because he originally started a relationship with Lori on the basis of protecting her and Carl. He saw himself being able to be a good husband, a good father, and a good leader. I think if faced with the situation, most people would of left Rick in the hospital. There didn't seem to be any real way that Shane could have rescued him at that time without getting Rick and himself killed. I think if Rick had died that you would of seen Shane make different and more humane choices for the group. When faced with the reality that he couldn't be with Lori, he accepted an extremist survival attitude in which he perceived the world as being cold and brutal. To Shane, the only way you could expect to survive in such a world was to shoot first and ask questions later because to him the world wasn't fair. Shane felt that the world wasn't going to do you any favors simply because you had the best intentions. As a consequence of this line of thinking, Shane's actions were often the least humane of the actions committed by the group.
I agree with this. It's a good summarization of Shane. Also, part of me is convinced that because of this, Shane wanted to die. I think he was just so depressed and angry that he just didn't care anymore and having Rick shoot him just made all the pain go away.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
What I don't understand is why Shane turned into a walker after he died since it was Rick who killed him and not a walker and other people, like Dale for instance, didn't turn and wasn't bitten. They'll probably explain in next week's finale though.
How about this?

When there's no room in hell the dead will walk the earth.

Shane was a very bad person. He was going to hell. No more room there buddy...turn around a get tae fuck!!!

Dale was a good guy. He got the red carpet treatment at the Pearly Gates.

There you go...explained.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
How about this?

When there's no room in hell the dead will walk the earth.

Shane was a very bad person. He was going to hell. No more room there buddy...turn around a get tae fuck!!!

Dale was a good guy. He got the red carpet treatment at the Pearly Gates.

There you go...explained.
I proposed basically the same theory a few posts up. However, Dale got shot in the head, so he wasn't gonna be coming back to life regardless. I don't think it really has anything to do with good people not coming back and the bad people who would go to hell are the ones who come back. No, I think that hell is just the general idea of the afterlife, and there's no more room.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
I agree with this. It's a good summarization of Shane. Also, part of me is convinced that because of this, Shane wanted to die. I think he was just so depressed and angry that he just didn't care anymore and having Rick shoot him just made all the pain go away.
I agree and I actually think the reason why Lori apologized to Shane was actually a fake one. She did it because I bet she believed Shane was sticking around and since her husband changes his mind on his morals all the time, she thought at some point Rick would be taken out and Shane would still be around.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
So if you were in Rick's shoes, how would you have reacted?
I asked you.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
A guy has been giving you grief at every step despite all your efforts to make things work, has designs on taking your place within your family, and finally pulls a gun on you with the firm intention of taking you out. There is only one way that scenario ends. You don't give that guy a second chance; a second chance is just a second chance to pop you, only next time you won't see it coming.

Rick has been "handling" Shane all season and this is what all his hard work got him: a gun pointed at him by his friend, AGAIN! There was only one way Shane wanted this to end, and Rick knew that, that's why Shane is dead. And if Rick didn't kill him then Shane was right and Rick really did deserve to have his ticket punched instead.
Have you no heart!?
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post

Egg Zachary.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Shane had it coming. It was him or Rick and when the shit hits the fan, it's not going to be Rick. If Rick let Shane go, whose to say when he'd feel that knife in his back or wake up to Shane pointing a gun in his face?
I enjoyed what they did with Shane's character in the show, especially the whole Otis sequence, but really his story-line was done, something had to give or it would have gotten repetitive (hell I think they dragged it on too long as it is). For those mourning the loss of an interesting character, if the comic is any indication, we should be introduced to a whole lot more early on next season.

It's not a spoiler anymore so for those of you who never read the comics, there are 15 volumes. Shane dies at the end of volume one so he lived far longer in the show than in the comic. In the comic, he also lost it and pulled a gun on Rick, just like in the show. However in the comic he never puts down his gun, he's about to shoot Rick and is shot in the back of the head by Carl thus he never had a chance to come back from the dead. I have no complaints with how they did it in the show, it was a bit different but similar enough.

On another note, next episode looks epic. Looks like a full-fledged horde attack and the end (finally) of that damn farmhouse setting! Bring on the
Spoiler:
prison!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I guess we know who has the bigger dick after watching that episode....

Spoiler:
Daryl.


Spoiler:
Also, is there a reason why Randall's death was off screen?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump