#281  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Didn't Alien 3 and AVP reveal Weyland to look like Lance Henrikson? I guess it's no surprise that Ridley Scott will be ignoring most of the sequels for this film, but do you guys think he will contradict Aliens?
I don't think so. The vehicles in Prometheus look to be a direct homage to Aliens. Plus Scott has a lot of respect for Aliens. Originally Prometheus was going to be a sequel based on a story him and James Cameron came up with (which Cameron said focused on something else other than the alien creature). Scott was going to direct it, and Cameron was going to produce it. That movie ultimately didn't happen because it was Cameron's way of boycotting AvP.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
I don't think so. The vehicles in Prometheus look to be a direct homage to Aliens. Plus Scott has a lot of respect for Aliens. Originally Prometheus was going to be a sequel based on a story him and James Cameron came up with (which Cameron said focused on something else other than the alien creature). Scott was going to direct it, and Cameron was going to produce it. That movie ultimately didn't happen because it was Cameron's way of boycotting AvP.
Oh I see, this is all great news. I haven't seen any vehicles in promo pics yet, I've been trying to avoid spoilers for this one. I'd be happy if they kept Alien and Aliens in the same continuity and ignored the rest of them. Is it too late to bring back Hicks?
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Is it too late to bring back Hicks?
Considering that Aliens takes place 50 years after Alien, I doubt it.

Honestly, Scott would really have to go out of his way to make a direct connection to Aliens. The vehicle homages are most likely the best we're going to get.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post

They should have made the page a current page, like a functioning website for the 2012 Weyland Industries talking about what they do and where they are going. Would have been a little better than just a video from 2023.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
They should have made the page a current page, like a functioning website for the 2012 Weyland Industries talking about what they do and where they are going. Would have been a little better than just a video from 2023.
You should work in the viral-campaign-business!
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Didn't Alien 3 and AVP reveal Weyland to look like Lance Henrikson? I guess it's no surprise that Ridley Scott will be ignoring most of the sequels for this film, but do you guys think he will contradict Aliens?
They actually never revealed what Lance's character in Alien 3 was. The filmmakers of Alien 3 could of intended him to be a human, (in which case Paul Anderson's Avp made a huge mistake introducing the Weyland character before the events in any of the previous films) or he could of simply been another android masquerading as a human. Continuity between all the films in the franchise, (including the shitty Alien 3, Resurrection, and Avp) can still be maintained by the following explanation:

The character that Henrickson played at the end of Alien 3 was another android and Peter Weyland is the son of Bishop Weyland, the former head of the Weyland company.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
They actually never revealed what Lance's character in Alien 3 was. The filmmakers of Alien 3 could of intended him to be a human, (in which case Paul Anderson's Avp made a huge mistake introducing the Weyland character before the events in any of the previous films) or he could of simply been another android masquerading as a human. Continuity between all the films in the franchise, (including the shitty Alien 3, Resurrection, and Avp) can still be maintained by the following explanation:

The character that Henrickson played at the end of Alien 3 was another android and Peter Weyland is the son of Bishop Weyland, the former head of the Weyland company.
Good call, that could easily work... BUT, I don't think Ridley Scott will go through that much trouble to keep those films in his continuity.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
If Scott preserves continuity with the AvP movies then I will lose respect for him. I seriously doubt he will

Back when the AvP movie was made Scott simply said this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQLRMIGA2I
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I could not make out what he said....what did he say?
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
I could not make out what he said....what did he say?
"I have a very nice relationship with twentieth centuryfox, I think they know how I feel."
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM

The art books for Prometheus, John Carter, The Avengers are looking sweet! CLICK

Last edited by God of War; 03-04-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Some newish info here

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/176
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Looks like you guys were right, Ridley isn't interested in keeping continuity with the Avp films, which is ok by me. Haha, screw those films! The viral site had an update recently and here is a little tidbit from it:

"50 years ago our founder Sir Peter Weyland set out to change the world. Now, the company he created so many years ago works tirelessly with the same unlimited ambition to improve the world he changed."

Yes, the company HE created, not Bishop Weyland from Avp. I think Paul Anderson deserves this type of neglect for his total and complete lack of respect and understanding as to what made the Alien and Predator films good.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
High rez Orrery pic from the viral campaign

https://www.weylandindustries.com/6EQUJ5/

6EQUJ5 = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
That image would make a very cool desktop

Last edited by God of War; 03-06-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Digit, that's a sick as fuck (awesome) pic I just made as my wallpaper. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 PM
7 MB's worth too. Daymn
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I've been watching a lot of special features the last few days from the Quadrilogy set in anticipation for this.....I've heard rumblings before, but wow everyone was so open in the featurettes to how fucked Fincher was from the beginning on Alien 3. Too bad Fincher didn't have more creative freedom and a fresh script of his choosing, he could have really made a gem. Wooden Planet, WTF?
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Wooden Planet? why not? it'd be interesting to see.

Either way, I'll be the only one on this forum who is not going to watch the full trailer that's comin in 10 days. I want to be totally surprised.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Either way, I'll be the only one on this forum who is not going to watch the full trailer that's comin in 10 days. I want to be totally surprised.
+1

You have some serious self control there, dude. I recall you saying to me that you were not going to be spoiled any further than that teaser. I salute you
Reply With Quote
  #301  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Wooden Planet? why not? it'd be interesting to see.

Either way, I'll be the only one on this forum who is not going to watch the full trailer that's comin in 10 days. I want to be totally surprised.
That'll make two of us. I'm trying to go in blindly for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Screw that! Give me more!
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM


Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Those posters fucking destroy.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post


Whoever did this they look badass! They remind me of the soviet sci-fi film Solaris. I guess many have seen Soderbergh's remake instead.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Are they fan made? They look cool.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I need trailer.....now!.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I dunno how, but I found some pictures on tumblr, showing the actual alien creature and some casualties??

Spoiler:

Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Also this.

Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Spoiler:

Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Android's fingerprint.

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan made but still better.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Guy Pearce
Spoiler:
it's probably an android...going bananas
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
The new trailer blows. Its 35 seconds long. But half of that is fox copyright crap.

So wait. That is the teaser for the new trailer? Gotchya.

Last edited by God of War; 03-12-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
The new trailer blows. Its 35 seconds long. But half of that is fox copyright crap.

So wait. That is the teaser for the new trailer? Gotchya.
You got it.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
So, they've started that trailer for a trailer bullshit again eh? Good god the marketing campaign on this film is tedious! Everything has been looking good visually though. Now we just have to wait and see if the dialogue is on par as well. I do wish that the studio would just surprise me and release the trailer on some random day without any preceding notice. This business of assigning release dates to trailers and releasing trailers for the upcoming trailer is getting more than a little ridiculous...
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
So, they've started that trailer for a trailer bullshit again eh? Good god the marketing campaign on this film is tedious! Everything has been looking good visually though. Now we just have to wait and see if the dialogue is on par as well. I do wish that the studio would just surprise me and release the trailer on some random day without any preceding notice. This business of assigning release dates to trailers and releasing trailers for the upcoming trailer is getting more than a little ridiculous...
Amen!

What if....there IS no movie....only trailers...and trailers about trailers....till eternity...to create a hunger for a movie that will never come ...... and will never disappoint us.....?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump