#361  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightAngel View Post
Has anyone listened the last quote from the latest trailer? Ridley are you sure this ain't a Alien prequel?
You mean this?
Spoiler:
"Big Things Have Small Beginnings"
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Indeed. Yes! This?
Spoiler:


No, not that! Pause the trailer at 1:38 and you totally see something that strongly resembles a Xenomorph!


And holy hell, this movie looks absolutely, positively incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Indeed. Yes! This?
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if that is a xenomorph or a space jockey.

I meant something more like this:


Spoiler:

By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17


By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Btw, given that we're shown scenes on earth in a archeological site, doesn't this add some legitimacy to one of the supposedly leaked then "debunked" plot synopsis?
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Btw, given that we're shown scenes on earth in a archeological site, doesn't this add some legitimacy to one of the supposedly leaked then "debunked" plot synopsis?
I believe that script was never debunked, it was just the old original script that leaked out. Back when this was a full blown Alien prequel, before it became just Prometheus. It also had the "Space Jockeys" forcing guys to have gay sex. I think the script is online if you look for it. I personally don't want to read it because who knows how much of this script is actually part of the final film.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
No, not that! Pause the trailer at 1:38 and you totally see something that strongly resembles a Xenomorph!
This is at 1:38-1:39. I don't see a Xenomorph, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
I'm not sure if that is a xenomorph or a space jockey.
I reckon it's a space jockey.... Maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
I meant something more like this:

Spoiler:

By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17


By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17
I didn't see that bit in the trailer. But yes, it looks...
Spoiler:
face-huggerish
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Fantastic trailer. Gives a bigger taste than the teaser, but also leaves plenty of mystery. I honestly haven't really been following the production and don't know much about the rumors, but I'm intrigued regardless of whether or not it's an Alien prequel.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I didn't see that bit in the trailer. But yes, it looks...
Spoiler:
face-huggerish
Really? You're going with that instead of

Spoiler:
chestburster-ish
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I didn't see that bit in the trailer. But yes, it looks...
Spoiler:
face-huggerish
Also, OMG!!! after looking even closer at the image and the video

Spoiler:
It has an umbilical cord!!!!


By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17


I think the original screenwriter definitely was taking some inspiration from ALIENS: Labyrinth

We are going to be soooo violated.

Last edited by electriclite; 03-17-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Really? You're going with that instead of

Spoiler:
chestburster-ish
Oh shit! You're right. I slowed it down here...
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Also, OMG!!! after looking even closer at the image and the video

Spoiler:
It has an umbilical cord!!!!


By under_electriclite at 2012-03-17

I think the original screenwriter definitely was taking some inspiration from ALIENS: Labyrinth

We are going to be soooo violated.
I'll say it again. HOLY SHIT~
And yes, we all are.. But don't we love it.
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I also love the...
Spoiler:
3D model of the derelict ship...
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM
That new trailer was awesome, cannot wait for this.
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:46 PM
my goodness
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Ok so for those of us who were under a rock for the last two years (I promise I'll start posting again friends!), what the fuck is this movie? I just saw the trailer today, having heard nothing about it I was pretty taken aback. Can someone give me a TLRD of this tread...
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
Ok so for those of us who were under a rock for the last two years (I promise I'll start posting again friends!), what the fuck is this movie? I just saw the trailer today, having heard nothing about it I was pretty taken aback. Can someone give me a TLRD of this tread...
It was announced that Ridley Scott was directing a prequel to Alien. Fans cheered.

A bizarre script leaked online, the alien creature wasn't a big part of the story (apparently). Fans were all "WTF?"

Scott announced that the story has changed. This movie is no longer an Alien prequel, but it will have Alien DNA. Fans were like "Huh...???"

Then news came out that this was indeed a prequel to Alien, but it did not have the Alien creature in it. Fans were like, "That's cool I guess."

Then it was announced that this was not an Alien prequel. Fans were all like "Huh???" again.

Then it was announced that it takes place in the same universe as Alien. Fans were like "WTF is going on here?"

Then we got a teaser preview for the teaser trailer. Fans were like "Whoa"

Then we got the teaser trailer. Fans were like "OMFG!!!!! AMAZING. If it isn't a prequel why does the teaser mimic the original Alien teaser so closely?"

And now we get this trailer. And fans have fallen into a coma of awesomeness.

Last edited by Silverload; 03-17-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome back, Lost in Space

Nicely outlined, Silverload.

Oh, I love these as well...

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
It was announced that Ridley Scott was directing a prequel to Alien. Fans cheered.

A bizarre script leaked online, the alien creature wasn't a big part of the story (apparently). Fans were all "WTF?"

Scott announced that the story has changed. This movie is no longer an Alien prequel, but it will have Alien DNA. Fans were like "Huh...???"

Then news came out that this was indeed a prequel to Alien, but it did not have the Alien creature in it. Fans were like, "That's cool I guess."

Then it was announced that this was not an Alien prequel. Fans were all like "Huh???" again.

Then it was announced that it takes place in the same universe as Alien. Fans were like "WTF is going on here?"

Then we got a teaser preview for the teaser trailer. Fans were like "Whoa"

Then we got the teaser trailer. Fans were like "OMFG!!!!! AMAZING. If it isn't a prequel why does the teaser mimic the original Alien teaser so closely?"

And now we get this trailer. And fans have fallen into a coma of awesomeness.

Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Ok, guys. I am officially out of my this/topic. I've already seen way too much of Prometheus for my own good.
So, ya'll have fun now, ya hear. See you all again in the Prometheus-current movie discussion thread in a couple of months, give or take.

Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Wow. That looks incredibly epic. And I'm not even much of a fan of the original Alien. But I'm definitely looking forward to this movie.

And LOL! at Electriclite's gif. Isn't that from the episode "Frame of Mind" which, BTW, is one of my favorite TNG episodes!
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
this has a very Event Horizon/The Thing vibe to it
Incorrect sir, Event Horizon had a very Alien vibe to it. As does Prometheus. Only proper to give credit to the source.

The original Alien set the bar the rest are all imitators.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 AM
So, marketing misdirection aside, that was a pretty damn good trailer. I'm still going to approach this movie cautiously because I'm a huge Alien fan, but at least the trailer proves that this movie has a lot more to do with Alien than it does some "original" concept. I interpret that connection as a strength to this movie because I think every Alien fan can admit that they would rather see Ridley return to this particular franchise than some stand alone sci-fi flick. Most times it's the other way around, but people have been waiting 30 plus years for an explanation of the space jockey, and at last they're going to get it.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 03-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Ok, guys. I am officially out of my this/topic. I've already seen way too much of Prometheus for my own good.
So, ya'll have fun now, ya hear. See you all again in the Prometheus-current movie discussion thread in a couple of months, give or take.

I'm following God of War's lead. I'm done. All I can say is, I know more than I need to know and I'm completely way too hyped for this film already. I"ll see you all opening day.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Incorrect sir, Event Horizon had a very Alien vibe to it. As does Prometheus. Only proper to give credit to the source.

The original Alien set the bar the rest are all imitators.
I wouldn't say every other sci-fi horror film that followed Alien were imitators. Sure, they borrowed some of the elements--and some failed to execute them properly--but I wouldn't say Prometheus won't have influences of other sci-fi movies that have come out in the last few decades. However, I shouldn't have put Event Horizon as an example, Sunshine is a must more fitting one.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 AM
OK, I just watched the trailer. First of all anything with Noomi Rapace I will see. I mean it's probably been said 30 times but that cast is crazy good. I will now join the legion of you who are pumped for this.

Can anyone clarify some things though? Is this an Alien prequel? The trailer sure as hell hinted at it from what I could tell, or is it an awkward sort of prequel sort of new film thing?
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 03-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
Can anyone clarify some things though? Is this an Alien prequel? The trailer sure as hell hinted at it from what I could tell, or is it an awkward sort of prequel sort of new film thing?
Ridley and crew have denied this being a prequel to Alien, but as you suggested we all know that's not entirely true. Now, I'm not saying this will be a definitive Alien prequel but it will have several connections--specifically Space Jockeys and Weyland--so I'd say it's safe to assume you don't have to see Alien to understand what's happening in Prometheus.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
This is at 1:38-1:39. I don't see a Xenomorph, dude.
Spoiler:
huh, weird. Well this is the image I'm referring too:

Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Just watched the trailer. Holy fucking shit!!! It had the hairs rising up on the back of my neck. Prometheus looks...woah.
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
huh, weird. Well this is the image I'm referring too:

Is it just me, or does it look like the alien is in a Jesus on the cross position?
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Is it just me, or does it look like the alien is in a Jesus on the cross position?
Nope, I thought the same as well.


Hmmmmm, what could that mean?
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Nope, I thought the same as well.


Hmmmmm, what could that mean?
Alien and Blade Runner are notorious for having sexual and religious symbolism, but this seems more direct. I know this covers the origin of humans, but now I'm even more excited at the sight of this image.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
I think it's the space jockey, up and movin' about.



The figures sort of look the same. And we know he gets in the chair again.



Who knows what the plot of this fucking movie is, man. Looks lioke the space jockey may not have been such an innocent bystander as the first film led us to believe though.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Look, they've got it under control.



And, to me, the thing in that case, looks like this thing fully uncoiled.



No?
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
WOOOO HOOO

Okay so I'am coming late to the game on this one, but that trailer just blew my mind.

I haven't read this entire thread but I just thought of something and I had to post it.

I watched the trailer, then I found the viral video a few posts down and watched that, then this thought just jumped to mind.

Spoiler:
The tag line is the same at the end of the trailer and at the end of the viral video "Big things have small beginnings" So is Fassbender an Android?


Hmmm, well a bit of IMBD searching and I think I answered my own question...but still sweet trailer!

Out................................
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sense Man View Post
Spoiler:
So is Fassbender an Android?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Alien and Blade Runner are notorious for having sexual and religious symbolism, but this seems more direct. I know this covers the origin of humans, but now I'm even more excited at the sight of this image.
Well with Jesus being the Savior of mankind, the Alien is obviously the extreme opposite: the doom of mankind.

However, taken from the Space Jockey's potential view: doom to mankind could conversely be viewed as purification of a planet.
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Look, they've got it under control.



And, to me, the thing in that case, looks like this thing fully uncoiled.



No?
I think the top image has something to do with this:

create a gif
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump