Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 PM
your favortie 9/11 inspired music

My favorite 9/11 theme music is great album the Rising by Bruce Springsteen
Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 PM
My favorite 9/11 associated song is one that wasn't written as a 9/11 song, but when it happened it became the unofficial (or maybe official) song of 9/11

Live: Overcome
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 AM
For me it would definately be God Bless the U.S.A .. I remember I was in third grade when this happend and they played that song when we had a special memorial for 9/11.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Springsteen's The Rising is indeed a great album, although the fact that it doesn't even rate in his top 5 albums shows how incredible his career has been.

John Vanderslice's Emerald City is another great 9/11 inspired album that came out in 2007. Brilliant from head to toe.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
New York Times by Everclear is a really good 9/11 inspired song.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm surprised no one put it in yet, but "Where Were you when the world stopped turning" by Alan Jackson is mine. It's more emotional and sad then inspirational, but it makes you think and reflect, and feel, which is the main purpose of music anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk
Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I would say The Rising also. It's a magnificent piece of work born from what must have been a very emotional series of writing/recording sessions. I also agree that while it's an amazing album it doesn't have a place in Springsteen's top 5. In fact I think it's probably outside of the top 10. Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Nebraska, Born in the USA, Tunnel of Love, The Ghost of Tom Joad, Devil's & Dust, Magic, Working on a Dream and Wrecking Ball are all better in my opinion. That said...the only Springsteen album I don't rate is Human Touch. And even that has a number of stirring moments. The guy is a fucking legend.