Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
If you're talking about devout Christian homosexuals who's devout Christian parents are against homosexuals, then yes.

You have proof of his homosexuality that no one else seems to have? Or do you just believe anything you read on the internet?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
You have proof of his homosexuality that no one else seems to have? Or do you just believe anything you read on the internet?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post


So you just outed like all of 1983-1989. Gratz.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM
"Thou dost protest too much..."

The louder a person is against anything (homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, etc.), the more likely that person is to get into trouble for that thing.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
"Thou dost protest too much..."

The louder a person is against anything (homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, etc.), the more likely that person is to get into trouble for that thing.

That can be the case but I do not recall him protesting too much. He was asked a question, answered it and that was it. He has now had to post a response to critics but besides that he isn't out there waving anti-gay signs around or anything wacko.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I'm with you on that...Peirs wanted him to turn into that crazy Christian and he didn't.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll give him this much: the crocoduck thing was funny. I hope he comes up with some more bonkers, made up animals. His idiotic misinterpretations of Darwin can actually be kinda funny.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM
First you say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Funny how this guy is being bashed for following his religion. So much for freedom of speech and freedom of religion. I am in no way a fan of Kirk Cameron but he was not being rude or ugly about his beliefs, just stating how he feels on the situation.
Then Cameron says this:

Quote:
Kirk Cameron blasted gay marriage and homosexuality calling it "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Then you say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
The only thing simple minded here would be your rude reply, shows your lack of vocabulary and thought process. A valid counterpoint without insult would be a better way to get your point across.

Funny how Cameron is bashing homosexuals for living their lives they way THEY want to, isn't it? When in reality, we all know that Cameron's statement on gay marriage was indeed simple minded and completely rude. By your argument as you said, all Cameron needed to do was come up with a "valid point without insult" in order to get his point across - yet, he couldn't do that at all, could he? He had to resort to insulting the idea of gay married by labeling it "destructive to the foundations of civilization". Why couldn't he just say "I don't agree with it." and just leave it at that? Why did he have to insult it and call it "destructive"?

Can we say "Pot calling the kettle black"? Because I can.

Last edited by jaw2929; 03-06-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Why couldn't he just say "I don't agree with it." and just leave it at that? Why did he have to insult it and call it "destructive"?
Someone who is a Christian, as devout as he is, follows the Bible pretty much word for word. The Bible states that homosexuality is an abomination and is pretty clear on it being a sin. Any sin is destructive and detrimental in the eyes of a Christian. This should not be shocking in anyway if you had any understanding on the Christian doctrine. That is no way makes him a homophobe, bigot, or hateful person. He has come out and said he loves everyone, homosexuals included. This was taken from a Christian website:

"As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as you would for any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him the same dignity as anyone else with whom you come in contact. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of his sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness. Instead, stand firm in the truth that God has revealed, love him/her biblically, and pray for his salvation."

This is exactly what he is doing and what he believes. There is no hate in that.You can disagree with it, just as he disagrees with homosexuality, but that does not show any hatred on his part.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Someone who is a Christian, as devout as he is, follows the Bible pretty much word for word. The Bible states that homosexuality is an abomination and is pretty clear on it being a sin. Any sin is destructive and detrimental in the eyes of a Christian. This should not be shocking in anyway if you had any understanding on the Christian doctrine. That is no way makes him a homophobe, bigot, or hateful person. He has come out and said he loves everyone, homosexuals included. This was taken from a Christian website:

"As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as you would for any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him the same dignity as anyone else with whom you come in contact. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of his sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness. Instead, stand firm in the truth that God has revealed, love him/her biblically, and pray for his salvation."

This is exactly what he is doing and what he believes. There is no hate in that.You can disagree with it, just as he disagrees with homosexuality, but that does not show any hatred on his part.
See this is where you (and he) are completely wrong. It truly baffles me that you don't see the total contradiction here. I mean it's pretty evident to anyone who can look at this objectively. If you don't see it, I honestly don't believe there's anything I or anyone else on here can say that would get you to see otherwise. So I know you'll continue thinking that what he said was harmless "just because he believes it" thus negating any harmful affect it may have on the group of people he's blatantly condemning.

If I were a better person, I'd almost feel bad for you, he and others like ya. Though admittedly I DO have more respect for YOU MovieMaster, if only because you'd be willing to not completely disown your own child if they came and told you they were gay. Unlike Cameron.

But I'm not a better person, and I don't feel sorry for those who follow (what is in MY opinion) an insidiously harmful, close-minded and ultimately "destructive to the foundations of civilization" cult.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
This is a guy whose career highlight was a hugely popular but extremely mediocre sitcom from the 80's. And since then his career has been relegated to lame religious movies like the Left Behind series.

In other words: who gives a fuck what he has to say anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
This is a guy whose career highlight was a hugely popular but extremely mediocre sitcom from the 80's. And since then his career has been relegated to lame religious movies like the Left Behind series.

In other words: who gives a fuck what he has to say anyway?
Dont forget the video game, which was basically about killing non-believers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7PdqfO2WM
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Calling homosexuality "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization" is not hateful? Saying that he wouldn't support his child if he tried to come out is showing love? Confused.

Slavery is all over the Bible, too. I sure hope he doesn't have any. :/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Calling homosexuality "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization" is not hateful? Saying that he wouldn't support his child if he tried to come out is showing love? Confused.
Exactly. I don't understand people who say they don't have a problem with gays, but then say they would have a problem if their kids came out.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
You have proof of his homosexuality that no one else seems to have? Or do you just believe anything you read on the internet?
Nah nobody has anything on him. Its just people making fun of him a little bit. And he deserves to be made fun of.

Now, if he had talked against rape and paedophilia then most people would've supported that, but its a matter of psychological bullying to attack a general demographic who's individuals are capable of being decent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
"Thou dost protest too much..."

The louder a person is against anything (homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, etc.), the more likely that person is to get into trouble for that thing.
Yeah, homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, etc. Oh and Jews. Mel Gibson's secretly Jewish, you know. And dosting thou totally bodacious protests against Christianity is another. All those who publicy shout their "hatred" of religion are almost always covert religious types.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 AM
See, herein lies the problem with religion (and not just Christianity, but ALL religions). As well-meaning they may have started out being, they still end up turning into just another human breeding ground for hypocrisy, corruption, and general intolerance among those not intelligent enough to cut through all the chaff. It's hard not to dispute the teachings of Christ, but it's even harder to turn a blind eye to those who pick and choose what they follow, even if it contradicts this.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
Yeah, homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, etc. Oh and Jews. Mel Gibson's secretly Jewish, you know. And dosting thou totally bodacious protests against Christianity is another. All those who publicy shout their "hatred" of religion are almost always covert religious types.
Haters on religion are the most devout, it only makes sense: they worship at the Church of "Everyone But Me Is Wrong On Religion" lol

As for Mel Gibson, ever hear of a self-hating Jew?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
As for Mel Gibson, ever hear of a self-hating Jew?
I'll add him to the list:

1) Bobby Fischer
2) Mel Gibson

:P
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Kirk Cameron is one reason why I believe the world would be a better place if there were no religion. I'm not saying all of the world's problems would be solved. But maybe 50%. As Cameron proves, religion is used to justify bigotry and hatred. Yeah, sure. There are plenty of deeply religious people who are genuinely good people. But there are a lot of people like Cameron and a lot of people that are actually much worse than him.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't have enough knowledge on Christianity and maybe somebody can explain this, but there seems to be different types, especially when you look at celebrites.

You have celebs like Kirk Cameron who pretty much believe everything the Bible says and have conservative political views, and then you have people like Jane Fonda who was also born again, but is liberal.

I'm not sure on Kristin Chenoweth, who's the only other Christian actor I can think of right now.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I must admit, The Bible is a great read, it has every single fantastical, scandalous trope you can think of.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't be sad if the Bible just went away... just kind of disappeared ya know... that wouldn't bother me at all.

I have no respect for anyone who believes what Cameron believes (as far his stance on homosexuality). People like that just.... they just make this world a shittier place to live in.

Here's a little comedy to lighten up this thread, courtesy Daniel Tosh :

Regarding Same-Sex Marriage
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't have kids of my own but it really pisses me off that he says he wouldn't support his kids if they were gay. To me you can't be considered a good parent if you don't support your kids in every which way. That is an epic fail in my book.

I simply just don't believe that homosexuality is detrimental to society. It's not society's fucking business what people do in their own fucking bedrooms.

Fanatical, ignorant people like Kirk Cameron are more detrimental to society than a few million gays walking around.

Last edited by Frosty_86; 03-17-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
So gays are detrimental to civilization? Why? Because they can't reproduce and have children? I've seen and heard of heterosexual couples who can't have children because of some biological issue . . . are they detrimental to civilization then? I once crashed a wedding (fun times) of a 60-something year old man and woman. Something tells me their opportunity to procreate had passed them by. I don't see evangelicals and born-again Christians picketing outside that church saying they shouldn't be allowed to be married. There's absolutely nothing detrimental to civilization when it comes to homosexuality.

And I find it a bit funny that Mr. Cameron says that marriage started with Adam & Eve, man and woman, in the Garden of Eden. Did he forget that it was Adam and Even that started sin too when they ate from the Forbidden Tree - after being told not to by You-Know-Who. Maybe homosexuals are just following that particular portion of the Adam & Eve story, Mr. Cameron. He's an insignificant asshole whose only fandom is from people like him, who watch his Bible-thumping movies (oh and by the way, The Da Vinci Code made more money than Firestorm).

I think ilovemovies had the best post of the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
As Cameron proves, religion is used to justify bigotry and hatred.
So is science. Eugenics?

When people talk about religion and science, I feel less like they are talking about religion and science but more like they are talking about "us vs. them." It's almost like watching the girlfriends of sports fanatics trying to argue in favor of the home team. I mean, it all is very superficial most of the time. As if everything is just about labels more than who people are or what they do. People get too caught up in the idea of identity because it's easier than trying to get to know people and risking rejection. I consider myself agnostic, and part of that is being very comfortable with the fact that, from time to time, something I prefer might be totally wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
So is science. Eugenics?

When people talk about religion and science, I feel less like they are talking about religion and science but more like they are talking about "us vs. them." It's almost like watching the girlfriends of sports fanatics trying to argue in favor of the home team. I mean, it all is very superficial most of the time. As if everything is just about labels more than who people are or what they do. People get too caught up in the idea of identity because it's easier than trying to get to know people and risking rejection. I consider myself agnostic, and part of that is being very comfortable with the fact that, from time to time, something I prefer might be totally wrong.
"Religion without Science is blind. Science without Religion is lame. " Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-17-2012, 04:17 AM
I'll try to be succinct since I'm high. My parents were conservative christians, I rebelled, etc, etc, etc.


Simple fact is that everyone has their own opinion, you may not agree with it but there it is.

Having said that my view is that if a person wants to live his life in a specific way that doesn't hurt anyone. I'm cool.


Oh and Kurt is fucked in the head.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah I dunno if that's it. I mean, I'm fucked in the head. I think Kirk is just an asshole.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Yeah I dunno if that's it. I mean, I'm fucked in the head. I think Kirk is just an asshole.
Succinct
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Everyone has a right to FEEL a certain way and a right to express that.

SOME people have too many ways that they feel and they get in front of a camera and share these ways even though they know that other people who don't feel that way or would be outraged will come out and tell them so.

These people are asking for the attention, positive or negative, that they receive.

Some would call these people opinionated and passionate.
Some would call them an uninformed, whacked out douchebag.

This guy makes it hard to see the line there, know what I mean?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 PM
You can have an opinion on whatever and feel however you want. You just can't legislate being a dick to a very specific group of people who haven't violated your rights in the first place just because your specific belief tells you to do so.


Kurt's beliefs are nothing new or surprising.

Last edited by electriclite; 03-17-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Everyone has a right to FEEL a certain way and a right to express that.
... except when you're CLEARLY WRONG. : P
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Wow, you guys are trips...

First off I will say I am not a bible thumper, but I am a Jesus freak... meaning i cuss alot, smoke herb, and dont think you should be able to ban dancing in a town cause you think its a sin... I do however believe in Jesus and the sacrifice that he made for us. That being said, while i could give a shit less about gay marriage, meaning it doesnt bother me at all if its made legal, i dont see anything wrong with what Kurt said. He was pushed to say his opinion, when his opinion was already known. Morgan only wanted ratings and controversy, Kurts biggest mistake was not just side stepping the question. Alot of Christians do believe the way Kurt believes, im not so sure. What I do know is that I am supposed to invite my enemy to eat at my table, so to hate someone for being gay just doesnt seem right. But Kurts reply was not bullying. He said what he felt, and left it at that. He did not use any racial slurs, say that gay people should be erradicated, or anything like that, so where was the bullying. I mean if this is your idea of bullying I wish I had your childhood. I was called fag, queer, dicksucker and so many other variations about 50 times a day all because I had clear skin, nice hair, a good vocabulary, and my mother bought me nice outfits. Now mind you this is the mid to late 80s, but I think endured more gay bashing than most real gay kids who never came out of the closet back then. Even funnier is when of the biggest gay bashing kids actually turned out to be gay when they got older, one of my favorite ironic twists. I lived in a couple of places where I was afraid to walk home after school because of real bullies, the kind that liked to beat the shit out of you... fortunately I was always able to talk my way out of a physical ass whippin, my friends werent always so lucky. That was real bullying, I would have given anything if all I had to worry about was people talking shit about me on face book.
The funniest thing is all the hate a man gets for stating his opinion in the nicest way I have ever heard that opinion stated. Hate for the man, hate for his religion, way more hate than the hate you say he has stated. Two wrongs never equal a right. Hate can never stop until somebody stops it. But what the hell, as much I might not like it, you have as much right to hate religion as Kurt has to say he doesnt agree with gay marriage. I think if he really hates gays he should be pro gay marriage, since thats when they say the fire dies out... and then they will have to deal with divorces, alimonies, and all the downsides of a marriage as well. I do wish he hadnt said that about his kids though, as when I look at my six year old boy I know I would love and support what ever decision he make, though I secretly hope he turns out to be straight, doest that make me wrong, I dont know... but I do know I got his back no matter how he decides. However its hard to be too hard on him as it hasnt happened yet, he might feel different if it actually happened.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Am I the only person who think it's weird to attack people who are anti-gay, by calling them or insinuating that they're gay? The term just becomes an insult which seems kind of counter productive when you're arguing there's nothing wrong with being homosexual.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't. Mocking homophobes as gay themselves isn't mocking homosexuality, it's trying to put dents in the righteousness of people who are stereotyped to exhibit whatever fetishes they preach against. Which is a generally acknowledged psychology. People react with inappropriate or disproportionate emotion against things they feel themselves and are ashamed of, or projecting outwards to be furious at, and although it's definitely a stereotype, that doesn't mean it's inaccurate. It doesn't seem counter intuitive to suggest the only people who can rationalize hating gays are those who are, in whatever unspecific way, sexually unhealthy or dishonest with themselves. Why else could somebody feel threatened by an external threat that is not really a threat, unless those feelings are internal?

You don't fear things that don't threaten you. Apparently, homosexuality threatens Cameron. Wonder why.

(I don't actually think Cameron is gay. He's probably just stupid. That's usually the case. I mean come on, the answer is 'stupid' way more than it is actually 'homophobic', 'sexist', 'racist', whatever.)

edit: I dunno if I actually ended up replying to what you said, but I think the knock is less haha you're gay too than it is an insult on their healthiness - suggesting that people who acknowledge themselves as being gay are healthy, whereas people who might not acknowledge that about themselves, and then allow that denial to twist their feelings into something homophobic, are the unhealthy ones who are being mocked. It has more to do with making fun of someone's character than not.

Last edited by Shinigami; 03-22-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 AM
I don't think he's gay but there is a long, long list of vocal homophobes who were revealed, sooner or later, to be gay themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
Wow, you guys are trips...

First off I will say I am not a bible thumper, but I am a Jesus freak... meaning i cuss alot, smoke herb, and dont think you should be able to ban dancing in a town cause you think its a sin... I do however believe in Jesus and the sacrifice that he made for us. That being said, while i could give a shit less about gay marriage, meaning it doesnt bother me at all if its made legal, i dont see anything wrong with what Kurt said. He was pushed to say his opinion, when his opinion was already known. Morgan only wanted ratings and controversy, Kurts biggest mistake was not just side stepping the question. Alot of Christians do believe the way Kurt believes, im not so sure. What I do know is that I am supposed to invite my enemy to eat at my table, so to hate someone for being gay just doesnt seem right. But Kurts reply was not bullying. He said what he felt, and left it at that. He did not use any racial slurs, say that gay people should be erradicated, or anything like that, so where was the bullying. I mean if this is your idea of bullying I wish I had your childhood. I was called fag, queer, dicksucker and so many other variations about 50 times a day all because I had clear skin, nice hair, a good vocabulary, and my mother bought me nice outfits. Now mind you this is the mid to late 80s, but I think endured more gay bashing than most real gay kids who never came out of the closet back then. Even funnier is when of the biggest gay bashing kids actually turned out to be gay when they got older, one of my favorite ironic twists. I lived in a couple of places where I was afraid to walk home after school because of real bullies, the kind that liked to beat the shit out of you... fortunately I was always able to talk my way out of a physical ass whippin, my friends werent always so lucky. That was real bullying, I would have given anything if all I had to worry about was people talking shit about me on face book.
The funniest thing is all the hate a man gets for stating his opinion in the nicest way I have ever heard that opinion stated. Hate for the man, hate for his religion, way more hate than the hate you say he has stated. Two wrongs never equal a right. Hate can never stop until somebody stops it. But what the hell, as much I might not like it, you have as much right to hate religion as Kurt has to say he doesnt agree with gay marriage. I think if he really hates gays he should be pro gay marriage, since thats when they say the fire dies out... and then they will have to deal with divorces, alimonies, and all the downsides of a marriage as well. I do wish he hadnt said that about his kids though, as when I look at my six year old boy I know I would love and support what ever decision he make, though I secretly hope he turns out to be straight, doest that make me wrong, I dont know... but I do know I got his back no matter how he decides. However its hard to be too hard on him as it hasnt happened yet, he might feel different if it actually happened.


I hear you but Kirk doesn't have to be pushed to say this kind of stuff. I mean, he makes videos about it and this isn't his first interview saying this kinds of things.

For the life of me, I don't understand the whole "polite about sharing your belief" thing. The thing with what Kirk said is that you can say the same thing about essentially anyone who doesn't believe as much as he believes they should in order to not be a detriment and destruction to society. So why just gays, right? Well, he was asked so he had to say what he believed. What if he'd been asked about Jews? I mean, let's say he was totally polite and nice about it, but said that Jews were a detriment and destructive. Hell, let's make it topical - what if he'd been asked about Muslims?

Even a toddler should have some sense of manners and being nice. Manners and nice words will only get you so far because they should really be the least expected thing from anyone. Fewer people will spit in your face and maybe someone will even talk to you while standing in line at a buffet. The fact of the matter is that even the most mannered and polite person in the world can be a total piece of shit. Kirk will smile at a gay person all day long, shake their hand, pat them on the shoulder, but as soon as they turn away, he will be saying they are a detriment to society. I don't know if being polite about being an asshole makes one any less of an asshole.

And sure, he believes this. That's fine. I respect that. He believes gays are detrimental and destructive and he can carry on all he wants. My belief is that people who say shit like he's saying sound like assholes. So me and Kirk are just a couple guys using our rights to express our beliefs. Only one of us costarred with a character named Boner, though. Kirk - 1, Me - 0.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 03-22-2012 at 03:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
Am I the only person who think it's weird to attack people who are anti-gay, by calling them or insinuating that they're gay? The term just becomes an insult which seems kind of counter productive when you're arguing there's nothing wrong with being homosexual.

Sometimes it's weird. But the passion some gay opponents use when speaking of gays: the choice of words, change in affect, time spent on the topic -- that's always queer. If you couple in the fact that a lot of people thought the antigay person in question was gay during the persons hayday...

So yeah, I see why you would think it's weird. I just don't think it is anywhere nearly as weird as learning Kirk Cameron was not only straight but anti-gay.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
I don't think he's gay but there is a long, long list of vocal homophobes who were revealed, sooner or later, to be gay themselves.


Honestly, I dont think the Catholic church has any right whatsoever to be telling me what is right and what is wrong, when they've been out there for hundreds of years molesting altar boys.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Kirk Cameron is a "posing as Somdomite" (sic)

I just read a letter from Bosie's father to his wayward son regarding his scandalous affair with Oscar Wilde and thought I would bring some pretentious posturing to the conversation. (This is not taken from that letter, but rather the note passed around the theatre premiere of 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. He had planned to throw rotten vegetables at Wilde).

Notice he is illiterate?

Most fuckwits are.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump