Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Silent House

88 minutes of my life I won't get back!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I got more out of movie than you did. I loved the constant camera action. No (visible) cuts or edits. It made me feel more personally involved. The ending drops the ball, but not enough to ruin it. I was never bothered by the camerawork, it stood out from that of "The Blair Witch" and "Cloverfield." I found it to come off more professional and wish more filmmakers dared to make movies this way, with no or minimal editing.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 03-18-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I find the filmmaking technique used in this film interesting, but with the reason trend of films of this nature the commercial looked awfully typical until I realized that this was the "one shot" film. I do plan on watching this, but I'm on the fence. I'm sure that I've spent 88 minutes of my life on worse things. (Like that film with Al Pacino, titled 88 Minutes.)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I have the original, it scared the hell out of my fiance, to the point where she wouldn't stay alone in the room! lol. That said I don't really have the need to see this since, the entire gag of the film is the "one shot" and from what I hear a lot of the stuff seems to be the same. Much like the remake of REC, Quarantine. Pointless to see it.

I'm not a remake snob either, I usually see them all, and hell I even liked a lot of them.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I agree with the first post. This film did nothing for me.

It was a complete 88 minute bore full of crying and whining and then an ending which made it even worse.