Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Jeff Buckley's "Grace" . . .

. . . was the best album by a solo artist of the 1990's by FAR. My friend and I were just having a discussion on the album agreeing that it was definitely in the top 10 of the 90's period - but after that we both agreed it was probably the best by a "solo" artist. It's truly beautiful, ethereal stuff...

Any other thoughts on Buckley/great solo albums of the 90s?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I love "Hallelujah" but I almost skip the entire rest of the album every time. Iīm just itīs good but itīs not my cup of tea, not digging his voice on the other songs. For best work as a "solo" artist in the 90s Iīll stick to some of Tom Waitīs stuff.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't have too many words to say about Jeff Buckley. I too only feel that "Hallelujah" was his greatest song ever recorded. He brought a beauty to that song that I never thought possible...

As for 90s solo albums, one of my top favorites has to be THE MISEDUCATION OF LAURYN HILL. Beginning to end, that's a great album. That and Beck's ODELAY!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Whenever you're with your special lady, try playing "Everybody Here Wants You". That song is just pure sex.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Its in my top five solo albums of the 90's.
Downward Spiral is better though, and sits at number 1.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:37 AM
It's a great album. No doubt about it. But there are a few songs I don't particularly care for on it. I don't hate 'em. But they are enough to affect my overall opinion. Best solo album of the nineties? For me it would be something by the late, great Vic Chesnutt. That or Mark Lanegan's Whiskey for the Holy Ghost. Or The Ghost of Tom Joad by Springsteen.