Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
But Im sure you can at least comprehend the difference between an unjust law and a just one.

Are you arguing FOR pedophilia being legalized now or just using an illegal act in comparison with another - being gay - which is NOT illegal at all?

Remember, being gay is still legal. At least for now.

Yes, I stated my feelings on the subject I think on page 2.

Yes I know being gay is legal but gay marriage in many states is not. For now the act of pedophilia is not legal but with groups fighting for it, sooner or later it will have its day in court and it could become legal just as gay marriage will eventually become.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Something I just found, written by Fiona Apple to a gay teenager for his schools gay-straight alliance.

Quote:
Hello Bill,
I got your letter a few days ago, but this is the first chance I've had to sit down and write (it's my day off)
Of course, I'd love to help - sign me up. As far as a few sentences go, here's what I've got - I hope it's OK:
It's hard to conjure up some new profound way of commenting on this issue - I'm so tired of it being an issue at all, and I suppose I'm lucky, because I see the truth so clearly. All I know I want my friends to be good people, and when my friends fall in love, I want them to fall in love with other good people. How can you go wrong with two people in love? If a good boy loves a good girl, good. If a good boy loves another good boy, good. And if a good girl loves the goodness in good boys and good girls, then all you have is more goodness, and goodness has nothing to do with sexual orientation. A person who loves is a righteous person, and if someone has the ability and desire to show love another - to someone willing to receive it, then for goodness' sake, let them do it. Hate has no place in the equation; there is no function for it to perform. Love is love, and there will never be too much.
-Fiona Apple
I stand on the same side. You want to call me names and this and that, but it doesnt phase me, because I'm on the side that want people to be equal, to be free.

And all I see from "conservatives like you", to steal a phrase, are people like O'Reilly, Cameron, Geraldo, Santorum spewing hate and abusing their positions of power and/or influence, in order to restrict the fundamental rights of people THEY DONT LIKE for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with running a government, a country, or a planet.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Yes, I stated my feelings on the subject I think on page 2.

Yes I know being gay is legal but gay marriage in many states is not. For now the act of pedophilia is not legal but with groups fighting for it, sooner or later it will have its day in court and it could become legal just as gay marriage will eventually become.
Ha.

Why are you even talking about this? Are you trying to say gay marriage is a ""slippery slope" that would jsut progressively lead to more and more serious perversions down the road?

Because, my god, man.

Last edited by adamjohnson; 03-28-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Ha.

Why are you even talking about this? Are you trying to say gay marriage is a ""slippery slope" that would jsut progressively lead to more and more serious perversions down the road?

Because, my god, man.
Ahhh the old slippery slope argument. It isnt a slippery slope it is just a fact that this is how it works. One group doesnt have equality and fights for it, gets it. This encourages group #2 to do the same. This is something simple enough for you to understand. I used real history examples of how this works and how the attitude at the time was and how things changed. I am sure that many people thought it was a perversion to share a bathroom with a "colored" but that changed. I know you are intelligent enough to pick up on the similarities between the past and the present. How your attitude toward pedophiles was the sentiment about blacks back in the day.

No, I would never like to see the day that pedophiles could even begin to think they could win a court battle and their lifestyle becomes accepted.

I think that once gay rights are passed that transgender will follow very shortly after, if not at the same time. As far as lifestyles go I do not know of another group wanting equality. You mentioned immigration, as did I, and real equality, separation of church and state, but those are not lifestyles like heterosexuality or homosexuality.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
lead to more and more serious perversions down the road?
Again, why do you keep bringing up perversions while we talk about this? You seem to be the only one comparing gay marriage to a perversion.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
And there is only one single reason why it is happening AT ALL and it's because of the christian faith.
And islam, right?

Quote:
It's because of what that damn book says. A book that says a hundred other horrible things that no one in their right mind would ever agree with it's so horrible.
The problem is how many homophobic, racist, sexist, intolerant passages are actually in religious texts like the bible and quran (to say nothing of their tolerant passages, because they aren't the point right now - I'm not trying to demonize them and get started on that kind of conversation). There are well more passages against women in these books than there are against gays, but I doubt you would claim religion responsible for misogyny. It has perpetuated a lot of patriarchies throughout history, just as it perpetuates a lot of homophobia, but I don't think it has to be exaggerated as the de facto cause before we can complain about it. You're giving those texts a lot more power than I would expect an atheist to give them. If religion is man made, why are you claiming it responsible for us in any way, shape or form? It can indoctrinate us, habituate us (?), I guess, but it can't cause behaviors in us if we ourselves invented it. It's enough that these texts promote homophobia without needing to have conjured homophobia whole from its cauldron of desert magic.

Just don't misunderstand MovieMaster's point deliberately. Your misunderstanding lumps him in with bigots who use smoke screen arguments about slippery slopes in order to justify their homophobia, which is unfair to him. A general tone of condescension has sort of been the usual for this thread, which is disappointing. Just because a group of people or habits aren't tolerated in society does not say anything about their right to be tolerated or ingratiated. He isn't wrong to wonder after the eventual ceiling of tolerance in a progressive society, and how far it may or may not go. That doesn't make him intolerant. At best, that makes his imagination in this discussion potentially intolerant of future imaginary developments he is theorizing about, which is way too silly for Minority Report, and way too silly to argue against.

Last edited by Shinigami; 03-28-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Ahhh the old slippery slope argument. It isnt a slippery slope it is just a fact that this is how it works. One group doesnt have equality and fights for it, gets it. This encourages group #2 to do the same. This is something simple enough for you to understand. I used real history examples of how this works and how the attitude at the time was and how things changed. I am sure that many people thought it was a perversion to share a bathroom with a "colored" but that changed. I know you are intelligent enough to pick up on the similarities between the past and the present. How your attitude toward pedophiles was the sentiment about blacks back in the day.

No, I would never like to see the day that pedophiles could even begin to think they could win a court battle and their lifestyle becomes accepted.

I think that once gay rights are passed that transgender will follow very shortly after, if not at the same time. As far as lifestyles go I do not know of another group wanting equality. You mentioned immigration, as did I, and real equality, separation of church and state, but those are not lifestyles like heterosexuality or homosexuality.
I have to agree with this. I mean, we all know that one day will come where serial killers and rapists fight for their equality too. Legalizing marriage between two consenting adults is an obvious step in that direction. Not.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post

Yes I know being gay is legal but gay marriage in many states is not. For now the act of pedophilia is not legal but with groups fighting for it, sooner or later it will have its day in court and it could become legal just as gay marriage will eventually become.
Same sex marriage would involve two consenting adults.

Also, the first country to legalize same sex marriage was the Netherlands. The age of consent there is still sixteen.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
I have to agree with this. I mean, we all know that one day will come where serial killers and rapists fight for their equality too. Legalizing marriage between two consenting adults is an obvious step in that direction. Not.
Pedophelia to an extent has before been common and accepted behavior in society, and is, to this day, accepted behavior in some regions. This is the deliberate denseness I was talking about in my previous post. We do have the capability to progress in that direction, and although it's an arbitrary and misguided gesture to prevent that possibility by starting with homosexuality, as if drawing parallels between homosexuals and pedophiles, it's not some confounding 'out of this world' suggestion. Adamjohnson said the age of consent in Idaho was about 14. I don't know if that's true, but if it is - there you go.

This has happened before on the surface of our planet. And although you were being facetious, serial killers and rapists have fought for their livelihood, and the reason they are defeated again and again is because we can't sustain a society where people are allowed to murder and rape. But apparently we can sustain a society where the age of consent is fourteen years old. And absolutely - we can sustain a society where these tentative laws of consent, appropriateness and morality are stretched. I understand why people want to fight for that stuff. I don't. But I acknowledge the struggle.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
Pedophelia to an extent has before been common and accepted behavior in society, and is, to this day, accepted behavior in some regions. This is the deliberate denseness I was talking about in my previous post. We do have the capability to progress in that direction, and although it's an arbitrary and misguided gesture to prevent that possibility by starting with homosexuality, as if drawing parallels between homosexuals and pedophiles, it's not some confounding 'out of this world' suggestion. Adamjohnson said the age of consent in Idaho was about 14. I don't know if that's true, but if it is - there you go.

This has happened before on the surface of our planet. And although you were being facetious, serial killers and rapists have fought for their livelihood, and the reason they are defeated again and again is because we can't sustain a society where people are allowed to murder and rape. But apparently we can sustain a society where the age of consent is fourteen years old. And absolutely - we can sustain a society where these tentative laws of consent, appropriateness and morality are stretched. I understand why people want to fight for that stuff. I don't. But I acknowledge the struggle.
I see nothing wrong with consenting pedophilia to an extent. But I don't think anybody does. Most men are attracted to women who are younger than they are. Just about everybody I know is dating a girl thats 1-3 years younger than they are. And most of these guys are 18-19, which would mean there girlfriends are 16-17. And I see nothing wrong with that. Although it's technically illegal.
Most husbands are at least 2 years older than their wives. If somebody is old enough to have sexual feelings, then there should be nothing wrong with sex as long as it's consensual.

However, I'm assuming that when MovieMaster says

Quote:
I only mention pedophilia, not to compare it or suggest it is in anyway like homosexuality, but with groups like the ACLU who have no issue defending and supporting pedophiles it will probably be the next thing to come up. Just as they supported gay rights, they support pedophiles as well.
He's bringing it up in the extreme criminal sense. Such as a 40 year old man molesting his children. A creepy guy driving around in a van offering toddlers candy, etc...

My point is, society will never tolerate creepy van guys molesting children. And society will never tolerate murder and or rape.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I am not a righteous person, so I can't relate to people who want to legislate morality under any circumstance beyond the need to make people feel safe and free and due that safety and freedom by their government. The 14 year old age of consent claim raises my eyebrows and everything, but that's mostly because I can't imagine a scenario when that relationship wouldn't lead to abuse, when abuse is the real bogeyman in these situations, and not obscure unwritten morality typifying attractions based on numbers and calendar (although sexual maturity is a very real physical manifestation we should take into consideration). That's what all of these issues ultimately come from - trying to fight against things we think are abusive, or otherwise "detrimental or destructive". Which is imo why homophobes don't see a gay relationship as a loving relationship between two consenting adults, but an aggravation of a sexual and spiritual dysfunction that makes them miserable.

Quote:
He's bringing it up in the extreme criminal sense. Such as a 40 year old man molesting his children. A creepy guy driving around in a van offering toddlers candy, etc...
My point is, society will never tolerate creepy van guys molesting children. And society will never tolerate murder and or rape.
But societies have tolerated rape, although mostly due to women being hugely subjugated in those societies (ancient japanese romances portray the female character raped by her romantic interest, and the night thereafter is her romantic time to ponder whether or not she enjoyed it). Even modern society tolerates murder in some contexts (capital punishment, stand your ground law).

And as much as I would like to laugh off these people who are paranoid about exhibition, aren't we projected to progress into bisexuality in the future? I would love to be bisexual, so I don't have a problem with it. But for those people who are righteous, and do think there are these hidden destructive immoralities even amongst consensual adult intercourse, what are we supposed to tell them? They're not crazy, after all. Society is moving away from their values.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Yea because when God posts here I do go behind every one of his posts and tell Him how awesome it is.
No, but followers of your "god" kiss his proverbial ass in much more extreme ways.

Your comments here seem pretty inspired by the religion you follow that praises your "god". Therefore I don't see much difference.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I am not a righteous person, so I can't relate to people who want to legislate morality under any circumstance beyond the need to make people feel safe and free and due that safety and freedom by their government. The 14 year old age of consent claim raises my eyebrows and everything, but that's mostly because I can't imagine a scenario when that relationship wouldn't lead to abuse, when abuse is the real bogeyman in these situations, and not obscure unwritten morality typifying attractions based on numbers and calendar (although sexual maturity is a very real physical manifestation we should take into consideration). That's what all of these issues ultimately come from - trying to fight against things we think are abusive, or otherwise "detrimental or destructive". Which is imo why homophobes don't see a gay relationship as a loving relationship between two consenting adults, but an aggravation of a sexual and spiritual dysfunction that makes them miserable.



But societies have tolerated rape, although mostly due to women being hugely subjugated in those societies (ancient japanese romances portray the female character raped by her romantic interest, and the night thereafter is her romantic time to ponder whether or not she enjoyed it). Even modern society tolerates murder in some contexts (capital punishment, stand your ground law).

And as much as I would like to laugh off these people who are paranoid about exhibition, aren't we projected to progress into bisexuality in the future? I would love to be bisexual, so I don't have a problem with it. But for those people who are righteous, and do think there are these hidden destructive immoralities even amongst consensual adult intercourse, what are we supposed to tell them? They're not crazy, after all. Society is moving away from their values.
I don't think I completely understand your point.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post







For levity.
It's funny 'cause it's true.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
It's funny 'cause it's true.

I feel like a schmuck for commenting seriously about a funny cartoon, but atheism isn't a belief system, nor is it supposed to be an ideology, way of life, or religion. In which sense it's hard for atheism to have any form of extremism. Not because it's 'better than', only because it's not applicable.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I feel like a schmuck for commenting seriously about a funny cartoon, but atheism isn't a belief system, nor is it supposed to be an ideology, way of life, or religion. In which sense it's hard for atheism to have any form of extremism. Not because it's 'better than', only because it's not applicable.
Atheism is definitely a way of life, it allows you to think for yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I would love to be bisexual, so I don't have a problem with it.
So... how you doing?
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:24 AM
But that is why it's silly when the religious crowds try to tangle atheists up by claiming atheism is itself a belief system, way of life and 'religion' just like theirs. It's none of those things. I'm an atheist. Properly, it has nothing to do with my way of life. It's not my ideology. It's not my religion. Nor is it supposed to be. That's not the function of the label. Atheists who are trying to pervert atheism into some kind of trumpeting lifestyle of free thinking science-deferring rationalists are profoundly misundestanding what atheism is supposed to be, and in their misunderstanding they are unintentionally putting themselves in the cross hairs by revealing this single unappealing eventuality - people will find a way to make atheism a religion; a thing of practice, faith and belief. People like that are making atheism and religion two sides of the same coin. But they're not. To paraphrase bill maher, atheism is a way of life like abstinence is a sexuality.

From my understanding, if you have made atheism a lifestyle, you're doing it wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
From my understanding, if you have made atheism a lifestyle, you're doing it wrong.
Could you put that caption on a funny picture, to make it easier to digest on the internet?
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
The problem is how many homophobic, racist, sexist, intolerant passages are actually in religious texts like the bible and quran (to say nothing of their tolerant passages, because they aren't the point right now - I'm not trying to demonize them and get started on that kind of conversation). There are well more passages against women in these books than there are against gays, but I doubt you would claim religion responsible for misogyny. It has perpetuated a lot of patriarchies throughout history, just as it perpetuates a lot of homophobia, but I don't think it has to be exaggerated as the de facto cause before we can complain about it. You're giving those texts a lot more power than I would expect an atheist to give them. If religion is man made, why are you claiming it responsible for us in any way, shape or form? It can indoctrinate us, habituate us (?), I guess, but it can't cause behaviors in us if we ourselves invented it. It's enough that these texts promote homophobia without needing to have conjured homophobia whole from its cauldron of desert magic.

Just don't misunderstand MovieMaster's point deliberately. Your misunderstanding lumps him in with bigots who use smoke screen arguments about slippery slopes in order to justify their homophobia, which is unfair to him. A general tone of condescension has sort of been the usual for this thread, which is disappointing. Just because a group of people or habits aren't tolerated in society does not say anything about their right to be tolerated or ingratiated. He isn't wrong to wonder after the eventual ceiling of tolerance in a progressive society, and how far it may or may not go. That doesn't make him intolerant. At best, that makes his imagination in this discussion potentially intolerant of future imaginary developments he is theorizing about, which is way too silly for Minority Report, and way too silly to argue against.
I agree with you that homophobes would be predisposed to find homosexuality gross and repulsive with or without religion. I can also understand the frustration over the fact that their religion reaffirms that belief and allows them to believe that gay people shouldn't have the same rights as the rest of Americans.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I agree with you that homophobes would be predisposed to find homosexuality gross and repulsive with or without religion. I can also understand the frustration over the fact that their religion reaffirms that belief and allows them to believe that gay people shouldn't have the same rights as the rest of Americans.
See, I dont believe that's true. Without the religion in the first place, why would they feel repulsed by it?

It's kind of a chicken/egg argument, but its my belief no one WOULD consider it repulsive were they not being told constantly that it is.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Could you put that caption on a funny picture, to make it easier to digest on the internet?



...wait that supports adamjohnson's point.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
See, I dont believe that's true. Without the religion in the first place, why would they feel repulsed by it?

It's kind of a chicken/egg argument, but its my belief no one WOULD consider it repulsive were they not being told constantly that it is.
Cause that shit is gross! No, but seriously, I have plenty of friends who I think are morally sound and ethical people, but they flip shit when they see two dudes kissing on TV. I remember watching OZ with one of my friends and he'd freak out whenever there was a dong on display. I think it's absolutely absurd. This friend of mine actually supports gay rights and is not religious, but he hates seeing guys kiss or naked men.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Cause that shit is gross! No, but seriously, I have plenty of friends who I think are morally sound and ethical people, but they flip shit when they see two dudes kissing on TV. I remember watching OZ with one of my friends and he'd freak out whenever there was a dong on display. I think it's absolutely absurd. This friend of mine actually supports gay rights and is not religious, but he hates seeing guys kiss or naked men.
This is purely an environmental consequence of living in a predominantly Christian nation.

Unless anyone can think of another reason, I'd love to hear it.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
This is purely an environmental consequence of living in a predominantly Christian nation.

Unless anyone can think of another reason, I'd love to hear it.
They are just fine watching girls make out, not men though. I think it's more about insecurity with their own sexuality than any religious influence.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
They are just fine watching girls make out, not men though. I think it's more about insecurity with their own sexuality than any religious influence.
Exactly! But WHY are they insecure about their sexuality? If they're insecure, that inferences that they think something is WRONG about it.


So why do they think something is wrong about it in the first place? I've already proven that it occurs often in nature, so it's not a simple hunter/gatherer instinct.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
But sexual insecurity is a common experience. And a large contributor is society. Just the fact that we wear as much clothes as we do shows a degree of insecurity. Our sexual functions are vulnerable and sensitive and overpowering, so we are likely always going to treat them with some form of neurosis. I think the kind of aversion davey's talking about seems like it has to do with machismo. One of the contexts of homosexuality is an effeminate context, as an insult against masculinity.

Quote:
So why do they think something is wrong about it in the first place? I've already proven that it occurs often in nature, so it's not a simple hunter/gatherer instinct.
That's not necessarily true. I can't say for sure, but there's more aversion to homosexuality than just the perception of it as effeminate. In some cultures you aren't gay so long as you are the one penetrating, and you are only gay if you are the one held down and penetrated. A man fucking another man isn't necessarily a love making act, and has doubtless been used as a form of dominance. That might be part of the aversion when talking about how it relates to our ideas of masculinity. As much as sex can be bonding, it can also be something violent. People might have an instinct against seeing another man penetrated or dominated in that way (as opposed to seeing women penetrated or dominated).

Last edited by Shinigami; 03-29-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Another Christian post... lol

Okay, first off, there should absolutely be zero comparison to pedophile in anyway. I see where you were trying to go with it, but I just think its a big stretch.

bi-sexual - as the main topic seems to be gay marriage, this is irrelavant... until polygamy becomes legal, you cant be married to a girl and a guy at the same time.

Many Christians believe, and trust me not just Christians, that Athiesm and Satanism go hand in hand... which makes no sence to me, common knowledge would say Athiests would not believe in Satan if they dont beleive in God.

The racist card that was thrown in - Thats just ignorant. Of course Kurt would have been alot more hot water if he would have put black people instead of gay people in his comment... but why would he? I dont think in the bible there is anything about that... I mean duh... Jesus wasnt white!!! Besides, that can go both ways... go back and put black people in the place of Christians... you know, how you keep saying all Christians think a certain way... thats the same as saying all black people are Colt 45 40 oz drinking thugs doing drive bys and robbing people... and I like to think most of us have come far enough to know that isnt true.

The hate... while trying to show how full of hate and intolerance Christians are, you are throwing out twice as much hate as what was thrown out to begin with. I call that hypocracy. I mean a couple of people like AdamJohnson ( what up dude, havent been active on here for awhile but glad ur still here, always like reading ur stuff) state their opinion, and while I dont always agree with it, he is free to have it and I dont feel he is trying to disrespect people while giving it... but Jaw2929, I really believe when you look up troll in the dictionary your name should be under it. You are obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Trust me, your condescending sarcasm is duly noted when you type "your god"... We get it... you dont believe in God... and you are just shoving that down everybodies throats, and ironically I bet you are one of those people who cant stand it when people shove religion down yours... which I really sympathize... while I am a Jesus freak I cant stand when people try to shove that old time bible thumping everything is wrong shit down mine. But that still doesnt make it ok to try to antagonize everybody, it doesnt make you a realist, it makes you an asshole. I said how I believed in the first or second page, I dont feel the need to keep repeating, and act like im better than you. I cannot take your points seriously when you act like you are trying to bully Christians, while saying you are trying to keep gays from being bullied... hypocracy.

and lastly ... gay marriage - Like I said before, I see nothing wrong with it. Of all the people in the world bullying and going to war over oil, religion, and so many other things... a union between 2 people that love each other no matter what sex they are just doesnt seem like a bad thing. But there are alot of people that oppose it, and I hate to burst some bubbles but its not just Christians... I have met MANY non Christians that hate gay people... and alot of those people only hate gay males. So its like discrimination in discrimination... its funny. But everyone discriminizes in some ways, im damned sure not innocent. I so hate it about myself, but the sight of a man kissing another man just grosses me out... I always said a man goin down on another man is way less gross than kissing one... but I still think they should have the legal right to do so, and I would never say anything bad to a gay couple kissing cause of my own stupid hang up. But, it has nothing to do with religion because I was that way when i was a child, before religion and homosexuality was a factor in my life. And I will end this with my last thought... even IF being gay is a sin... which im not saying that it is... but if it is than any real Christian knows that everything is about choice and free will... you have to choose what to believe in, and you have to choose the choices you make... if you take away the choice of gay marriage, then you dont get make that choice... and I dont think its very Christian to take that choice away.

A last couple of random thoughts... While I realize that there are alot of stick in the mud Christians, I call them bible thumpers... but not all are like that. As I said, to say all are like that is just like saying all gays are one way... all jews are greedy and money hungry, all blacks are gangsta...etc...etc...etc... I dont sit and think about blowing up abortion clinics... I dont think abortion should be the answer for a bad night of partying, but I think there are plenty of reasons that its okay... while I hate the taste of beer, I love Tequila and rum... I mean hell im stoned right now on the herb the good Lord created for me...
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
Jaw2929, I really believe when you look up troll in the dictionary your name should be under it. You are obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Trust me, your condescending sarcasm is duly noted when you type "your god"... We get it... you dont believe in God... and you are just shoving that down everybodies throats, and ironically I bet you are one of those people who cant stand it when people shove religion down yours... which I really sympathize... while I am a Jesus freak I cant stand when people try to shove that old time bible thumping everything is wrong shit down mine. But that still doesnt make it ok to try to antagonize everybody, it doesnt make you a realist, it makes you an asshole.
I wouldn't have it any other way. If the truth makes me come off as an asshole, so be it.

Quote:
I said how I believed in the first or second page, I dont feel the need to keep repeating, and act like im better than you.
You mean kinda what you're doing now, right? In a very subtle way of course.


Quote:
I cannot take your points seriously when you act like you are trying to bully Christians, while saying you are trying to keep gays from being bullied... hypocracy.
Consider me "hating the haters" when it comes to topics like these. Damned right, it may be hypocritical. Thing is, christians come off as fascists when they spout these hateful remarks like Cameron and Santorum and other dim-witted pricks like them do.

Were the people who opposed fascists and nazi's "assholes" and "haters" for voicing their dissent & dissatisfaction with the things Hitler and other like-minded individuals were doing? I hardly think so.

But here's the thing, because this is a message board and I'm only one person.... Well I'M the asshole because I'm "bullying" religion as a whole with my condescending comments. Gotta love it!
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
well Jaw, i will say one thing, upon reading, though I didnt mean for it too, you are correct, I did exactly what I was speaking against. I guess I have to eat that one...lol

I dont even mind being an asshole... sometimes I thrive on being an asshole... but in case that wasnt your attention I just felt the need to point it out.

Hating the haters... as long as you acknowledge the fact that you may be hypocritical, well thats all I have to say about that too.

But the only reason I keep bringing up that I am a Christian in this thread is simple. Though many hardcore Christians consider me a hypocrite, ya know cause I like to toke up, have a mouth like a sailor, listen to rock n roll and gangsta rap... I pretty much dont go with the belief that everything in life is wrong, also I dont go to church, cause that shit reminds me to much of a highschool click. However I am still a Christian, and theyre are many more like me. I am not on here yelling sinner... or trying to convert you, or damning homosexuals... blah blah blah, I dont believe in that... I just wanna laugh, love, watch some good flicks, watch my son grow... I just want the simple shit in life, and I want everyone to have it. But as much as im trying not to let it get to me... it really pisses me off when people lump me in that bible thumping category. I am more in the Jesus freak category... I sin and I know it, i try to take the right paths, but sometimes I stumble... I dont think I am hell bound for it. I dont even talk about religion to people unless they want to, I dont know why bible thumpers want to alienate people by shoving it down there throats, and then acting like a snob to those who dont believe. I mean sadly, we have taken the same side in the major issue, gay marriage, and you are still telling me how wrong I am about my faith. There are many fights to be fought in this world, just fight them with the right people.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
I mean sadly, we have taken the same side in the major issue, gay marriage, and you are still telling me how wrong I am about my faith.
Because he's speaking "the truth", and is clearly smarter than anyone who even remotely identifies themselves as "Christian".

I'm being sarcastic, I can't stand jaw. I can't wait for him to reply to you with another intolerant and hateful post.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
And that he equates Christianity with Naziism is just sad as fuck
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeNut View Post
And that he equates Christianity with Naziism is just sad as fuck
That just proves he is a troll. He can not hold a conversation without insults is the first clue. Insulting other member's religions and acting like he is somehow better than everyone (which he clearly isn't) is the second.

Either that or he never mentally matured past the 3rd grade level. See unlike AdamJ, who sarcastically insults but can chime in with some maturity and add to the conversation, jaw is just childish and it is on purpose. His superiority complex is just a pathetic attempt to overcome some mental or physical defect that his computer screen hides.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Why did our progenitors utilise tools? why did they then utilise some of these tools to abandon the wilderness and construct an infrastructure? surely its all about survival. Isn't that the whole point of this, that our infrastructure is a comparatively safer environment; therefore, shouldn't laws simply be determined by what is needed to create a peaceful and harmonious environment within which survival is made easier? Surely consensual relationships -- with the exclusion of incidents involving a clear mental illness, like the person who agreed to be eaten by Armin Meirwes -- are not harmful to the survival of others. Using this logic, wouldn't it make more sense to replace the categorizing of sexuality as straight, gay, bi, with the following three types of sexuality: abstinent, consensual, and rape. Personally I would rather have gay people in consensual relationships in my category rather than a heterosexual rapist. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I think this is what your saying.... and if so I agree

There shouldnt be any laws against sex... as long as its consensual and not rape, its nobodies business what kind of sex you are having and who you are having it with. But unfortunately it will probably never be that easy, if they dont have laws they cant control us. But hey, I think prostition should be legal too... Imagine how good the economy would be if they were smart enough to tax weed and poonani
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
The only reason prostitution is illegal in the first place is because they can't figure out a way to regulate and tax it. Otherwise them whores would be government workers
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Using this logic, wouldn't it make more sense to replace the categorizing of sexuality as straight, gay, bi, with the following three types of sexuality: abstinent, consensual, and rape.
Great point. I'm tony the tiger'ing this.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
From my understanding, if you have made atheism a lifestyle, you're doing it wrong.
That could be said for a religion as well. Some people identify themselves by their beliefs. Muslim, Christian, and Atheist alike.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Also, this fucking nonsense now.

http://jezebel.com/5897447/rick-sant...k-bowling-ball
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump