Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
You can't take the time to read the entire Bible and comprehend it so that you can properly argue against/for it but you will spend countless hours on a movie site discussing something much more realistic like Lord of the Rings?
For starters, I've never read the LOTR, but I'm thinking people who are fans of the LOTR are as against gay marriage as Kirk Cameron and other Bible followers . . . you know, because of the whole Frodo-Sam question.

Quote:
My point is, if you choose to argue against something at least know what you are talking about so that your sarcastic points will make some sense.
Are you saying the Bible doesn't say "Thou shall not kill" or "Thou shall not have any other gods before" . . . or something to that effect?

Quote:
As far as the death penalty, well if the US were governed by the Bible then you could argue that but it isn't. The whole separation of church and state prevents this. The laws being made and broken are man made laws, some modeled after the 10 commandments but not all.

Your comment on other gods kind of goes with what I just mentioned as well.
Yes - separation of church and state. And yet there are people protesting abortion because they say the Bible and God and Jesus and et. al says it's wrong.

Several states have already legalized same sex marriage. I do believe it will become a federal law eventually and when/if it does . . . you think people will stop quoting the Bible saying how wrong it is? These Bible-thumpers, as I call them, don't care about separation of church and state. They want the government to think as they do, and when they don't, will start bitching and moaning. They'll start promoting one of their own as a candidate for whatever office.

Quote:
I am short on time because I have to hit the road for a short trip but when I get back I will go into the rest unless someone beats me to it. Should be back in about 5 hours. I just dont want you to think I am ignoring certain points because I have no way to respond. I am just outta time.
Have a safe trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
My point was, duke, that there are an awful lot of usually insane things the bible says is ok, and damns a number of other perfectly normal things, like eating shrimp or getting divorced ... yet THIS is the topic christian right-wingers have chosen to argue-to-the-death about.

Why isnt something like murder their #1 topic of contention and lowering murder rates all over. Everywhere through the bible thats pretty much a clear-cut winner in the what's the worst sin? game. Why cant they put forth all this eneergy into doing something like THAT, which would legitimately be beneficial to society, no matter how insignificant the results may or may not be. .

It just boggles the mind.
I agree.

Last edited by bigred760; 04-01-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Well, that's why his birthday parties are so lonely.

This is such a profoundly sad picture. It's easy to demonize people you disagree with and you see something like this, a visual representation of loneliness and you can't help but sympathize with them. Of course it's unfair to assume something like that based on one photo, after all he does look happy, and for all we know there is a dozen bikini-clad women just outside of the frame.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
This is something I have an issue with. People perceive atheists to have less value in life because they don't believe in an after life, which doesn't make any sense. My parents got a little upset when I told them I don't believe in God. They assumed I must be depressed and place little value in life, but it's quite the opposite. If somebody doesn't believe in an afterlife, then they place much more value in the current life.

The time we have on this planet is all we have, that makes it extremely valuable. I cherish every day I'm alive. Every moment and every breath is a gift. I take the good with the bad and look forward to raising a family and becoming a part of the circle of life. "What is the meaning to life?" is such a popular question; but I ask why does life need meaning? The experience of living is enough of a gift, I don't need some philosophical explanation at the end of it to make it all worth it.
I never said atheists held lesser value in life, but ultimately I see your point.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeNut View Post
I never said atheists held lesser value in life, but ultimately I see your point.
Yeah, I considered that I might have been putting words in your mouth, so if that's the case, I apologize.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
I wasn't trying to be defensive, Postmaster. The fact that this is a sensitive topic is also why I added the last line. And also, perhaps I should have put on my magical sunglasses in order to recognize your invisible sarcasm and wit.
I was just trying to have a chill discussion and am not sure what makes you think I'm being sarcastic or witty. Maybe you are used to people mocking your beliefs or something and think I'm having a go, I don't know but my response was pretty straight forward. Your reply seems kind of "left field" to me but no worries. Sorry for mischaracterizing you as being on the defensive. With that in mind, I can see how it could be more of an "on the offense" type of response. Proactive. More "I'm gonna cover my bases so no one whines" than a "I'm gonna make sure no one is upset."

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that I think it's too bad that you felt the need to apologize. In other words, I think it's kind of lame that topics like this have to be hot button issues. I understand the importance to people, but it's a stick and stones thing I see 99% of the time. There are real atrocities happening (the ones concerning religion are just some of them) and I think those are the things that warrant walking like your are in a mine field.

Kirk Cameron, as do most people, have more important things to worry about. Hell, I'd say in the grand scheme of things for Cameron, even factoring in his belief system, that working on a Growing Pains reunion should take precedent over speaking out against homosexuality. Remember what it says in The Bible about doing the most to put yourself in a position to spread God's word to a greater number of people? That's not rhetorical either. I can't remember.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Let's just call it a misunderstanding from both ends. When you can't see the person behind the other computer screen, you can't always tell how to seriously take them. And that is a good point. There are bigger issues going on right now, than gay marriage, in the United States and around the world. Just in the U.S. alone, there is so much political nonsense going on, in all departmentments and from both parties. But this thread is about Kirk Cameron making an ass of himself on one specific topic, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
The funniest part of this thread is that no one who thinks Cameron is awful has swore to never watch Growing Pains. This may just be some weird evidence that his creative output is more respected than that of Roman Polanski or Mel Gibson.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
My point was, duke, that there are an awful lot of usually insane things the bible says is ok, and damns a number of other perfectly normal things, like eating shrimp or getting divorced ... yet THIS is the topic christian right-wingers have chosen to argue-to-the-death about.

Why isnt something like murder their #1 topic of contention and lowering murder rates all over. Everywhere through the bible thats pretty much a clear-cut winner in the what's the worst sin? game. Why cant they put forth all this eneergy into doing something like THAT, which would legitimately be beneficial to society, no matter how insignificant the results may or may not be. .

It just boggles the mind.
I see what you mean. As I already said, I haven't read too much of the bible, so I can't recall the various "Do's" and "Do not's." Perhaps gay marriage is being treated as the hot topic, because it is a base subject that comes before all the others. Taking someone's life is obviously much worse. For a while, there were arguments concerning gay marriage, and it was never taken seriously. And then, it suddenly turned into a movement and has become legal in half of the U.S. That is to not say that it's worse than murder, but if that goes, anything else can go.

I still don't like that it's happening right now. To an extent, it causes much change to the U.S.'s very foundation. Gay and lesbian couples don't need marriage for themselves. They need a similar human right with benefits, just with a different name to be introduced into the dictionary. If marriage is - and should be - meant for binding a man and a woman, another word should fill in the for the binding of two men and two women. In my eyes, it is simple as that.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 04-01-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
The funniest part of this thread is that no one who thinks Cameron is awful has swore to never watch Growing Pains. This may just be some weird evidence that his creative output is more respected than that of Roman Polanski or Mel Gibson.
Except, "Growing Pains" is no longer on regular programming (and according to IMDB, there isn't another TV-movie coming up. It's been twenty years. If people were to single him out, it might be the next "Left Behind" movie or "Fireproof" non-franchise movie they'll ignore. Or, they'll stop tuning into any shows he may be doing on the Christian channel. Polanski and Gibson still make movies, and Gibson's last couple of movies haven't been money-makers.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 04-01-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Well in Australia it is illegal still to me married to the same sex

This union has to be between a man and a woman

But maybe in the future it might change as time goes on

Alot of gay couples have to go to other countries to get married but there union is not reconized in Aus

Oh talking about christion and cathilic values on this subject well was god ever against gays in this factor

I do think alot of religtions make up there own laws and dOnt reLLY LOOK AT THE PAST

I know the some christion schools are trying to bring through a law whnere if you are unmarried you can not teach the students

That is why l am saying that religtion is not on what god says it is what man wants

e
Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure how legitimate the semantics of the argument is. Or are. Ah.

And I don't mean legitimate in the sense that I recognize it, I mean that I doubt how many people in the debate recognize it. The 'it' being the difference between marriage and whatever alter-union you want to propose with the same benefits. If we were to transport into this discussion from a far flung future where dogs walked men and rats brought the dead cats they killed home to show me even though I don't want to see that and it's getting blood on the floor and just, go outside or put it on the stoop or bury it or something, I don't know - but if we came into this discussion and saw people so passionate about the terminology of their union, it might be a little odd. I'm not gay enough to say one way or the other how the gay community feels (no matter what daveyjoe will tell you), but the discussion is probably less about terminology than an institutionalized disrespect against our gay community. This fine line drawn between whether or not we decide to call it "marriage" or whether we want to label it something else, something still 'apart' from us, is another part of that disrespect.

And since the history of marriage has very little to do with everybody's individual interpretation of its sanctity or definition, it is disrespectful. Our earliest definitions do define marriage as a heterosexual union, but the reasons behind that definition are proprietary, misogynistic and cultural, not holy.

I doubt many of us care about the labels we are allowed. The problem lies behind what those labels represent, and in this case it seems that most people in the homosexual community see this as another sign of disrespect from a society that has been generally disrespectful of their sexual orientation.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Well it is disrepectful for not giving gay people the right to marry

Plus l feel if we had the right to vote on this issue you would find that most people in this world would be for gay marriage
Old 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Plus l feel if we had the right to vote on this issue you would find that most people in this world would be for gay marriage
It's naive to think that the world is filled with mostly tolerant individuals, rather than self-serving, intolerant jackasses. If the former were true, human history would be quite different.

Quote:
You can't take the time to read the entire Bible and comprehend it so that you can properly argue against/for it but you will spend countless hours on a movie site discussing something much more realistic like Lord of the Rings?
As a former Catholic, I've had to read the bible cover to cover. For someone to argue that there is a "true comprehension" of the book is to ignore the contradictions that plagues it. It's a book of detached stories put together by a council who didn't bother to proof-read it.

And as argued above, those who claim to live by the book fail to adhere to all of its guildelines. The most devout Christian is one that will arbitrarily pick and choose which tenet of faith they wish to follow, while also ignoring the contradictions.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I think many of us forgot Growing Pains even existed until this happened.

I actually used to watch it all the time back when it aired a lot, I think on the Disney Channel.

And of course there's Mr. Cameron's amazing work in Like Father, Like Son.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
As a former Catholic, I've had to read the bible cover to cover. For someone to argue that there is a "true comprehension" of the book is to ignore the contradictions that plagues it. It's a book of detached stories put together by a council who didn't bother to proof-read it.

And as argued above, those who claim to live by the book fail to adhere to all of its guildelines. The most devout Christian is one that will arbitrarily pick and choose which tenet of faith they wish to follow, while also ignoring the contradictions.
Nailed it Vong. Extremely well said sir.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Damn almost 300 posts in this thread.

Kirk Cameron sure knows how to rile up folks haha.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Damn almost 300 posts in this thread.

Kirk Cameron sure knows how to rile up folks haha.
I was just thinking this as well, can't believe this thread is still kicking....
Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Its a bigger issue than Cameron alone. I bring you some new news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Its a bigger issue than Cameron alone. I bring you some new news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false

Fail to see the relation to anything discussed. They have no suspects, no witnesses, and no statements from any groups claiming responsibility.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Fail to see the relation to anything discussed. They have no suspects, no witnesses, and no statements from any groups claiming responsibility.
It was an abortion clinic.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
It was an abortion clinic.

Yea it was. Again though, no witnesses, no suspects, and no one claiming responsibility.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe it was a setup to cash in on insurance money. Remember that scene in Goodfellas when the mafia set fire to that abortion clinic they owned?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Maybe it was a setup to cash in on insurance money. Remember that scene in Goodfellas when the mafia set fire to that abortion clinic they owned?
Could be an ex employee or maybe the father of an aborted child who had no say in the matter.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Bombing an abortion clinic is militant vigilantism. I mean, the rhetoric many christians are using against abortion and homosexuality can incite this stuff, which is probably where adamjohnson was coming from. Otherwise militant vigilantism has little to do with Cameron, homosexuality, christianity, and its vague ties with religion are coincidental or accidental in general considering the amount of american religious people who partake in this kind of militant vigilantism is an infinitesimal scarcity. You have almost as many gay people destroying society as you do christians bombing abortion clinics.

One interesting possibility - christianity is prominent as an american concept, right? When you look at the profiles of these people who bomb abortion clinics, although they identify their religious beliefs, they also happen to have some pretty large psychological issues more often than not, from certifiable paranoia or persecution complexes, to psychopathy and schizophrenia. A lot of crazy people end up identifying their issues with religious terms, but I don't know how much that actually has to do with religion, and how much it has to do with the commonality of the terms themselves. People with these severe psychological problems cite God and Satan and the Bible as much as they cite other pop cultures terms, naming news outlets or prolific figureheads or even television shows. I'm not sure if society should be more responsible with itself on the off chance they can incite someone who is delusional, or if the delusion is already present, and will use any comforting reflective fiction (usually about good and evil) to its own ends regardless. It's a head scratcher.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Clearly, America must be protected from monsters like this.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
While there are no suspects or charges yet, this isn't the first abortion clinic, or Planned Parenthood clinic, to be attacked with a bombing.

From the article:
Quote:
According to the most recent statistics from the National Abortion Federation, there were 114 violent attacks against abortion providers in 2011, including three physical assaults, one bombing, one incident of arson, 27 counts of vandalism and eight burglaries.
Most, if not all, of past incidents have been religiously motivated. Religious "nutjobs" ignoring the laws of this country to either hurt or at the very least intimidate those who work or would go to these clinics. I find it a little ironic that those who consider themselves Christians, those who follow the Bible, would do such things when Muslim extremists, or what we now more commonly call terrorists, use similar tactics to get their message across.

I think the point of the posting of the article has more to do with the extremes some people will go to in the name of religion. As far as its relevance to the Kirk Cameron and homosexuality discussion - I don't think Cameron's going to condone any bombings or anything (I would hope not), but his religion is causing him to think that homosexuality is wrong.

Last edited by bigred760; 04-02-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
While there are no suspects or charges yet, this isn't the first abortion clinic, or Planned Parenthood clinic, to be attacked with a bombing.
True but considering how many Christians there are in the U.S. I think that the few number of bombings should prove that not all Christians are violent psychopaths. As with most people who believe stereotypes, they let a very small minority of a group control what they think about the whole. It is just plain ignorance to think anywhere near the majority of religious people believe in this kind of violence. Not believing in my God or not agreeing with my values does not phase me. What phases me is mindless insults and stereotyping due to being just as bigoted as the people you are speaking out against.
The last sentence was pointed at no one in particular here but if you have the nerve to call Kirk Cameron a bigot while insulting religion as a whole, yes it was directed at you.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Well gay rights is a huge issue

it isnt fair that they cant live there lives like everyone else
Like l said before if we had a vote you would be surprised who would be for and against this issue

When l talk about religion and as you say the bible

is there words that say that things about gays if there were you would be reporting this in this thread

in alot of releigion you have the top man who says what should be and and what we should follow

I know in Australia we have alot of support systems for gays where they can talk to people

What is the right that the goverment of Aus should not put marrriage as a right for everyone not only female and male

if a gaycouple is happy why cant we support this

What is stopping us for supporting this

I know in America there are some states that support gay marrige and it has been written into law
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
True but considering how many Christians there are in the U.S. I think that the few number of bombings should prove that not all Christians are violent psychopaths. As with most people who believe stereotypes, they let a very small minority of a group control what they think about the whole. It is just plain ignorance to think anywhere near the majority of religious people believe in this kind of violence. Not believing in my God or not agreeing with my values does not phase me. What phases me is mindless insults and stereotyping due to being just as bigoted as the people you are speaking out against.
The last sentence was pointed at no one in particular here but if you have the nerve to call Kirk Cameron a bigot while insulting religion as a whole, yes it was directed at you.
I'm doing my best to not insult religion while condemning Kirk Cameron for what he believes. My only problem with religion is when it's used by those to spread hatred, fear, and - like you said - bigotry against others whose only crime is being different from the traditions those religion-followers have come to love and believe. I think belief in a higher power can do great things for a person, a community, a civilization. But it's when those that don't "fit in" or don't conform to the rules of what they believe, especially when those that don't "fit in" aren't hurting anybody else, that I start to have my doubts.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
There's a rant God of War had started on here about people acting like they are better than you because they saw a movie before you. I think Kirk Cameron is to religion what those people are to movie fans. Of course, getting rid of movies isn't going to keep people from acting like assholes. Those people who shoot up movie screens are, like those who bomb abortion clinics, the assholes who take it too far.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM
That is a very good point I was thinking of earlier Postmaster... the people that do things like bomb clinics in the name of Christianity would be doing the same thing for a different cause if they werent Christians... some people just have that mind set. I just dont see how some people can choose a religion that is based on love and forgive everyone and say ... now lets bomb some shit!!! But since the first group of men that chilled together by a fire, I bet there was atleast one with that mind set.

As far as Kirk goes, yeah I still say he shouldnt have said it, though I do believe Morgan, who should be the true evil in this topic...lol, trapped him in the question. However he still didnt say kill the gays, beat it out of em... I firmly believe by what little ive seen of him post Growing Pains, that he probably wish people were not gay, but I dont think he wants to see them hurt, I just really dont. But the future is always a mystery, and we all know the world has a habbit of flipping everything around. For all we know one of his kids may turn out gay, which sways his oppinion... or one of his kids turn out to be gay and kills himself afraid of shaming his father, which makes him learn more and be the one to kead a Christian and gay coaalition.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
That is a very good point I was thinking of earlier Postmaster... the people that do things like bomb clinics in the name of Christianity would be doing the same thing for a different cause if they werent Christians... some people just have that mind set. I just dont see how some people can choose a religion that is based on love and forgive everyone and say ... now lets bomb some shit!!! But since the first group of men that chilled together by a fire, I bet there was atleast one with that mind set.

As far as Kirk goes, yeah I still say he shouldnt have said it, though I do believe Morgan, who should be the true evil in this topic...lol, trapped him in the question. However he still didnt say kill the gays, beat it out of em... I firmly believe by what little ive seen of him post Growing Pains, that he probably wish people were not gay, but I dont think he wants to see them hurt, I just really dont. But the future is always a mystery, and we all know the world has a habbit of flipping everything around. For all we know one of his kids may turn out gay, which sways his oppinion... or one of his kids turn out to be gay and kills himself afraid of shaming his father, which makes him learn more and be the one to kead a Christian and gay coaalition.

Yeah, I don't think he's a violent asshole, just an asshole as determined by the "you look fat in that dress" rule.

No doubt Morgan is a scoundrel. The tabloid/phone tap deal or whatever it was pretty much spelled out he's not a man of great ethics. That aside though, he never would have asked the question had Cameron not said things like this before. Morgan might have set him up to use the wrong words, but Cameron still didn't consider the effect they'd have.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
But the only reason I keep bringing up that I am a Christian in this thread is simple. Though many hardcore Christians consider me a hypocrite, ya know cause I like to toke up, have a mouth like a sailor, listen to rock n roll and gangsta rap... I pretty much dont go with the belief that everything in life is wrong, also I dont go to church, cause that shit reminds me to much of a highschool click. However I am still a Christian, and theyre are many more like me. I am not on here yelling sinner... or trying to convert you, or damning homosexuals... blah blah blah, I dont believe in that... I just wanna laugh, love, watch some good flicks, watch my son grow... I just want the simple shit in life, and I want everyone to have it. But as much as im trying not to let it get to me... it really pisses me off when people lump me in that bible thumping category. I am more in the Jesus freak category... I sin and I know it, i try to take the right paths, but sometimes I stumble... I dont think I am hell bound for it. I dont even talk about religion to people unless they want to, I dont know why bible thumpers want to alienate people by shoving it down there throats, and then acting like a snob to those who dont believe. I mean sadly, we have taken the same side in the major issue, gay marriage, and you are still telling me how wrong I am about my faith. There are many fights to be fought in this world, just fight them with the right people.
Um, you are a hypocrite. Not because of the music you listen to. Not because of the weed (I actually believe in medicinal marijuana. The Biblical argument is that we are to remain sober-minded, but i doubt one joint will mess you up that bad and the morphine I was on after Cancer surgery caused me to hallucinate as well).

But you might want to find a more "down to earth church" and while I admit I have a swearing problem myself, I also know that I should try to watch my language.

And guess what? While not necessarily "shoving it down people's throats", we are called to spread the Gospel and speak out on things that go against the Bible. It's called "The Great Commision".

"16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'” - Matthew 28:16-20

On homosexuality:
"9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me." - 1 Timothy 1:9-11

Now, you don't have to be Fred Phelps (who I have major doubts about anyway). There is a way to do things with a certain amount of good taste. But anything that is considered sinful we are to speak out on.

Oh, and I do agree that we're not supposed to be "snobbish".
Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM
You know, aside from Willem Dafoe, I didn't care for Boondock Saints. I was just thinking about this during St. Patrick's Day, but there are not an abundance of great Irish movies out there. The only successful Irish-themed drinking game I've done with my friends during a St. Patty's Day was while watching Leprechaun Back 2 Da Hood.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
You know, aside from Willem Dafoe, I didn't care for Boondock Saints. I was just thinking about this during St. Patrick's Day, but there are not an abundance of great Irish movies out there. The only successful Irish-themed drinking game I've done with my friends during a St. Patty's Day was while watching Leprechaun Back 2 Da Hood.
Do you think Kirk Cameron enjoyed Willem Dafoe's performance ?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Do you think Kirk Cameron enjoyed Willem Dafoe's performance ?
Haha, I doubt it... but, you never know! Willem Dafoe makes a very ugly woman, him prancing around in that dress and shooting people was the highlight of the movie.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Haha, I doubt it... but, you never know! Willem Dafoe makes a very ugly woman, him prancing around in that dress and shooting people was the highlight of the movie.
Maybe that is why he doesn't like gay people. He thinks they all look like Dafoe. It has nothing to do with religion, he just pictures an army of gay Dafoes marching around destroying humanity.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM
http://jezebel.com/5899461/christian...bully-gay-kids
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Thats okay boondock, you can call me a hypocrite, you are not the first... and im not sure not mad at you about it. I could be wrong, but I dont think you were trying to insult me, and you have the right to believe what you want even if you were. However I am trying to let people know that all Christians are not judgemental and condeming and such, and then you come in with that. Besides, I am a father of one, and I would not condemn my son for who he loved as long as he did so with his whole heart, God is the father of all... and even if he didnt like it, I just cant believe he would turn his child away if he still loved him with all his heart no matter who his human companion is. Someday I may be called to feel differently, but right now I dont... While the whole Bible may good, its the teaching of Jesus that I pay most attention to... and its pretty much love and forgiveness... and are we not supposed to be more like him. Do you think if Jesus was here today, and a homosexual worshipped him Jesus would turn him away. Im pretty sure he would turn no one away.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
How the hell does this thread have 300 plus posts? lol