Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Movie Gifs Thread

Movie Gifs Thread

I present to you a showcase for my movie gifs that I have made over the last few years. Much like ElderPredator's celebrity gif topic that he made a few years back in the celebrity forum. I realize that we also have a random picture thread, but this is a bit different. I will also showcase avatars that I have made. Plus, current projects. Lastly, I will take any requests in here, accept ideas, and also comments, and/or feedback.

I humbly ask that the mods don't close this topic, and I will update it regularly with new material. All of my gifs are best viewed in Mozilla FireFox. And, no. I am not trying to plug my site. Infact, it's been offline for 3 weeks now. But that doesn't stop me from sharing my hobby, as others have done, with you all. All animations will be displayed as text links only or within spoiler tags, so as not to bog down anyone's net speed. Please feel free to use any of my gifs. But host them yourself, or they will not work on my site anymore.

Animations will be posted in no specific order or preference. Below are a few regular gifs to get started with...

Spoiler:

Aeon Flux

Spiderman

A-Team

3 Stooges

AVP

Babylon

Bad Teacher

Batman Begins

Battleship

Conan

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-10-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Very cool boss, well done!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Haha. Thanks, dude. I also make girly gifs as well. Below are 2 test animations for the Somavision cgi girl.

Spoiler:

Test 1

Test 2

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-10-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
The girl ones are hypnotising.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I agree with Viking. Titty shaking hypnosis!

GoW, I'm debating on whether I wanna ask ya about possibly making me a GIF avatar at some point in time. I'm just trying to decide exactly WHAT I would want it to be. I'll keep thinking it over, as you seem to enjoy putting things together for other Schmoes and you're quite good at it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah, those plastic boobies are hypnotic, guyz. Any type gif you want, Jaw. I see you change your avatar alot.
Remember, gifs can also be used on your MFC profile etc. So, the sky is the limit. More regular gifs below...

Spoiler:

127 Hours

Daybreakers

Diehard 4

Divide

Fantastic 4

Fast & Furious

Fearless

Johnny English

Goon

Indiana 4

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-10-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
As always GoW . . . very, very cool.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
As always GoW . . . very, very cool.
I concur!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks, fellas. Below are another set of regular movie gifs. I'll start mixing things up soon.

Spoiler:

John Carter

Mongol

Woodcock

Pandorum

Sunshine

Persia

Push

RA One

Skyline

Star Trek

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-10-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
This guy's like the Leonardo Da Vinci of the digital age.
...can I get some Mona Lisa aka Rosario Dawson GIFS?

I've even got a tagline for a business card for ya.

GOW: Are you seeing this?!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The one from RA One is really freakin' cool.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Those are all great GoW.

I especially like the 127 Hours one.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
This guy's like the Leonardo Da Vinci of the digital age.
...can I get some Mona Lisa aka Rosario Dawson GIFS?

I've even got a tagline for a business card for ya.

GOW: Are you seeing this?!
Yes, I am seeing this. Thanks, Rusty. You're a classic, man. What RD moments would you like exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
The one from RA One is really freakin' cool.
Thanks, dude. Have you seen that movie, Red? I haven't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Those are all great GoW.

I especially like the 127 Hours one.
Thanks, dude. I saw 127 Hours at the movies. I totally cringed at that arm bit. The gruesome part. Gives me shivers up and down my spine it does.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Here's a few gifs I just knocked up from Piranha 3DD. Mainly for the BOOB factor

Spoiler:
Old 03-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Thanks, dude. Have you seen that movie, Red? I haven't.
I have not; have never even heard of it.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Awesome thread GoW. As usual, your GIFs are stellar. I also love the fact that you're using spoiler tags, when you have a page full of GIFs it can wreak havoc on a browser. Keep up the good work amigo.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Awesome thread GoW. As usual, your GIFs are stellar. I also love the fact that you're using spoiler tags, when you have a page full of GIFs it can wreak havoc on a browser. Keep up the good work amigo.
Thanks, dude. Yeah. Spoiler tags keep it all neat and lag-free (almost-lol).

Last edited by God of War; 03-17-2012 at 01:33 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Something a little bit different today. I've posted some Jo Blo forum Avatars. I can only post 10 images per reply.
Some of you may or may not remember these JB forum avatars that I've made over the last few years.
Below is a small selection which I consider some of the better ones. Feel free to check 'em out. Remember any of them?

Spoiler:

Last edited by God of War; 03-17-2012 at 01:35 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Ten more JB avatars...

Spoiler:
Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Next ten avatars...

Spoiler:

Last edited by God of War; 03-17-2012 at 01:35 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 AM
The last few...

Spoiler:

Last edited by God of War; 03-17-2012 at 01:38 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 AM
GoW, what's that blinking cat one from?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
GoW, what's that blinking cat one from?
Alice In Wonderland
Old 03-17-2012, 08:24 AM
A few BIGGISH gifs...

Spoiler:
Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Yes, I am seeing this. Thanks, Rusty. You're a classic, man. What RD moments would you like exactly?
Oh, man. Anything that includes her is really prime.
....kinda have a thing for those gams of hers but mainly those eyes.
In-friggin-credible.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Oh ok, right on. Might just take that one at some point....
Old 03-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Some of you may not know this. But a couple of years back, Berge himself wanted me to make animated movie gifs for the site. He proposed a possible animation section. But after some back and forth between him, it never eventuated. Mainly due to excessive bandwidth, which is very costly for a site this big. But in saying that, I had made a few test gifs for him to see. This is what I emailed him. I sent him about 5-6 of the below gifs. But I made a few more back then. I'd still love to make gifs for this site. Hmm...

These gifs were all culled. That's why they're not as smooth as my other gifs.

Spoiler:

Terminator 3

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-26-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
GoW, I LOVE the arm/hand through the cop's body from T3.... I laugh at the expression on his face, the ridiculously cool effects, and the expression of his partner in the passenger seat's face too. It's comedic GOLD! Everytime I watch the movie, I have to rewind and watch that scene over & over again to have a few laughs. I love it! Well done sir.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 AM
I'll see what I can muster up for you, Rusty. I know she had some great topless scenes in Alexander. And she looked hot in Sin City. Yea, jaw. despite the film being bagged by most fans, I still quite enjoy it. That bit you talked about is pure classic, man. Thanks. And now for something entirely different. I also used to make....

Spoiler:

fake video game animations using sprite gifs. I made all of these plus more.

www.moviegifs.net

Last edited by God of War; 03-28-2012 at 02:04 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 AM
That Goro blow job GIF takes the cake sir! Fan-fucking-tastic!

The Raiden "ass fry" one is great too. Awesome!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Hey GoW, Is it possible to resize this .gif to avatar dimensions without losing any of the animation?

Spoiler:

What about this one?

Spoiler:

Last edited by fixedMind; 03-29-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 PM
^
bump
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Hey GoW, Is it possible to resize this .gif to avatar dimensions without losing any of the animation?
Hey, dude. Yes, it is possible to resize both of those gifs so that they can be used here. No, it's not physically possible to retain all of the animation. But being the smart-ass that I am. These are pretty much my best efforts to retain as much of the fluidity as possible. The MM gif had to be masked and cropped for it to work as a gif under 19.5 kb. The animal one was easier. What do you think? I can adjust the speed on the MM avatar so that when the eye-dropper is over his eyes, it slows down more. It looks a bit too quick for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by God of War; 04-01-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
That's amazing work God of War. Wanted to see your site but it blasted some hard music trough my headphones so I immediately clicked it away.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Hey, dude. Yes, it is possible to resize both of those gifs so that they can be used here. No, it's not physically possible to retain all of the animation. But being the smart-ass that I am. These are pretty much my best efforts to retain as much of the fluidity as possible. The MM gif had to be masked and cropped for it to work as a gif under 19.5 kb. The animal one was easier. What do you think? I can adjust the speed on the MM avatar so that when the eye-dropper is over his eyes, it slows down more. It looks a bit too quick for me.
You bad-ass smart-ass mofo you!
They both look great. If you want to take a crack at slowing down the Clockwork Orange one, then by all means have at it.

Curious what you meant by MM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
That Goro blow job GIF takes the cake sir! Fan-fucking-tastic!

The Raiden "ass fry" one is great too. Awesome!
Haha. Thanks, dude. Those style of animated sprite gifs take forever to make properly.
I haven't made one in years. I may start again. The Goro fake made a fair few people laugh on the MK forums.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
That's amazing work God of War. Wanted to see your site but it blasted some hard music trough my headphones so I immediately clicked it away.
Ah, Sorry, dude. The music you heard was from the AVP movie. To kinda match the theme of the main page banner. The coding won't allow me to lower the volume. It only loops once, and only on the main page. But to turn it off is simple. Just scroll down to near the bottom of the page, and in the middle hit the white button. I may remove it altogether. Thanks for the feedback. I do hope you take another look.

Edit: I have set it so there's no background music. But it can be turned on and off.

Last edited by God of War; 04-02-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
You bad-ass smart-ass mofo you!
They both look great. If you want to take a crack at slowing down the Clockwork Orange one, then by all means have at it.
Only if you want me to, so that you can use it. Otherwise, it's nap time for me

Quote:
Curious what you meant by MM.
Malcolm McDowell.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Only if you want me to, so that you can use it. Otherwise, it's nap time for me

Malcolm McDowell.
Got it, sleep well man.

If you ever have a spare sec to slow it down it would be sweet, but Im happy with it as is.

Last edited by fixedMind; 04-02-2012 at 12:47 AM..
Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
If you ever have a spare sec to slow it down it would be sweet, but Im happy with it as is.
How's this?
Attached Images