Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2002, 09:10 AM
Slaughterhouse, any good? Or just a TCM ripoff...or both?

my brother bought it for me at a flea market in Florida recently. Haven't watched it yet. Cheesy slasher fun? Or just pure crap?
Old 04-29-2002, 04:16 PM
cheesy slasher fun, at least thats what i though, i enjoyed the damn movie enough to give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, just enjoyable in my opinion.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:39 PM
I hated this movie.I thought it was stupid!Avoid this one.My dad purchased it for me and when I watched it I was disappointed.I thought it was gonna be cheesey fun,but it was pure crap.You might like it though.Good thing I didn't use my money.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:54 AM
This movie actually used to scare me. Of course, when I saw it, I was 8 years old, and had rented the old VHS from my local Blockbuster. I love the movie! There was some pretty nasty scenes (SPOILERS: a guy gts mangled up in a grinder!) and there are a few scares, like the opening murders. I just recently got the OOP DVD and I love it, but the commentary is very badly recorded, sometimes you can't even hear over the movie! There are a load of trailers, including a funny "no smoking" trailer. The killer named Buddy is probably a killer that you will never forget. But an excellent slasher.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I would not call this movie a "good" slasher, no more a good time waster not less not more.

The killer does not even talk, he's not really scary more laughable to me.

The killings are really soft (except the-one with the machine, that was nasty)
The cast is ugly especially the girls, the only really good looking girl is killed first !!! that was bad !! not even some nudity.

I would give this movie 5/10
Old 03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I dug it. Classic '80s cheese. The DVD is awesome. Loaded with tons of cool features. If you're a fan of the movie, I highly recommend it.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Pretty good movie. Awesome cover art, and Buddy was cool, and creepy at the same time. 3/5.

-MATT-
Old 04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
I couldn't stand this movie, either. Buddy was beyond gross (in a bad way) When he sits there and eats canned dog food = disgusting. The acting wasn't good...then again, B movies with bad acting, effects, and pointless aim CAN turn out good.

This wasn't one of them though.

But who knows, some seem to like it, so you may be one.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Its the definition of ridiculous 80s cheese...not to be taken seriously whatsoever. I won't call it awful but I can't say I enjoyed it even for simple laughs and fun. Just was bland and nothing memorable. The special features on the DVD release I'd love to check out though, I stumbled upon a facebook fan page for the movie and they have a lot of cool pictures from when the film was being released/promoted that I enjoyed seeing in a nostalgic way. But, yeah - it isn't anything to write home about and the only reason i'd recommend it is if you're a huge 80s slasher fan, just to say you've seen it I suppose.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Neither.

It's shit. Pure, unadulterated, shit.