Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Carrie remake - fan-made poster

Just found a neat-looking fan poster for the upcoming Carrie remake. The director, Kimberly Peirce, gave it her thumbs-up.

What do you guys think? Of the poster, and of the remake?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 AM
The poster is neat but...

Let's be real here. Rage: Carrie 2 was a modern remake. So this would be the second remake of a very basic horror story. I can't see it improving on or doing anything different than what we've already seen.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I made that poster! The director of the remake put it up on her Facebook page, but for some reason, the version she has is of really poor quality compared to the original...and that's the one that's making it around the internet! Grrr

See the original HQ version here: http://themadbutcher.deviantart.com/#/d4uf9mm

Glad you like it!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
That's awesome man. Congrats.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Butcher View Post
I made that poster! The director of the remake put it up on her Facebook page, but for some reason, the version she has is of really poor quality compared to the original...and that's the one that's making it around the internet! Grrr

See the original HQ version here: http://themadbutcher.deviantart.com/#/d4uf9mm

Glad you like it!
Well then, now I know who to congratulate. So in that case, great job with the poster!

I'm kinda split on the remake. On one hand, there was already the TV remake with Angela Bettis back in 2002, and as Moviefreek pointed out, the sequel was a remake in all but name. Plus, it's being made by Screen "Gems", the studio responsible for sharting out remakes of Prom Night, Straw Dogs and The Stepfather. My usual caution with remakes applies as always. On the other hand, so far the director and the casting give me hope that this won't be a disaster... but then again, not even Jackie Earle Haley was able to save the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Also, it's been thirty-six years since a truly good adaptation of the material was made, so I think that at this point it's fair for someone else to take a crack at it. The original Carrie is one of my top ten favorite films, so I dread how this could possibly turn out, though I'm cautiously optimistic so far. Withholding judgment until I see some of the official materials.

Last edited by KevinR1990; 04-04-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks! It's probably my favorite poster of mine.

To be fair, Jackey Earle Haley was the only inspired thing in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. The rest was the same watered down, bland, depress-o-vision schtick by Platinum Dunes.

With Carrie 2013, at least there is a truly proven director behind the lens and the casting of Moretz seems to be the first step in a line of good ideas. Also, Carrie isn't a long-running franchise like most horror reboots so I think there's less room for the deadly "trying to please everybody" factor.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Butcher View Post
To be fair, Jackey Earle Haley was the only inspired thing in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. The rest was the same watered down, bland, depress-o-vision schtick by Platinum Dunes.
Didn't think he was all that great either...You never know what you're going to get with Platinum Dunes...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake/prequel and Friday the 13th reboot were all great...
But then we get shit like The Hitcher and Elm Street remakes that are just that...shit.

Nice poster though man. And ChloŽ Grace Moretz is a perfect choice for the role, she's been great in everything I've seen her in.