Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Tobe Hooper

I just rented two Tobe Hooper films from Blockbuster.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) and Salem's Lot (1979)

Salem's lot is supposed to be a damn classic, and I guess TCM is only supposed to be a decent little slasher film.

I saw Tobe Hooper's Funhouse on AMC this last Halloween, and Hooper's Poltergeist is just about my favorite horror film.

I own about 15 Stephen King Movie adaptations. Carrie and the Shining all the way through It and Misery pretty much. Salem's lot is one of the few I have never seen so I am looking forward to watching it later tonight.

I'm watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 on Youtube right now and it is fucking about the best/scariest shit ever.

My favorite horror directors are obviously Craven, and Carpenter. Tobe Hooper is slowly becoming my third favorite.

Also if haven't read up on the Poltergeist Spielberg/Hooper controversy you should google it. Poltergeist is directed by Hooper, but it really feels like a Spielberg horror film. It came out a week after ET and of course was produced by Spielberg. I basically consider it a Spielberg film. Numerous actors have stated that Spielberg basically directed the film.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Can't say I'm that big of a Hooper fan, aside from TCM '74, of course. That one film is an undying classic. Besides that, I'm a Carpenter man.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Yea^

Carpenter in the 80s was unreal

The Thing, The Fog, Escape from New York, Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live, Christine.

The Thing, and Big Trouble are 2 of the greatest films of all time.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Yea^

Carpenter in the 80s was unreal

The Thing, The Fog, Escape from New York, Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live, Christine.

The Thing, and Big Trouble are 2 of the greatest films of all time.