Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
How the hell does this thread have 300 plus posts? lol
The power of Christ compels it?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
The power of Christ compels it?
fucking a tebow and kirk cameron

religion is a terrible thing to talk about. everyone should keep it private like their sex life.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Kirk first went hardcore Christian during the last 2 seasons of GROWING PAINS... and has been irrelevant ever since.

Also, he forced the writers to make Mike Seaver become a character that followed the lifestyle he himself wanted to follow, and was the major reason for the fall of the show as a whole; he refused to do what the writers wanted for his CHARACTER and did his own thing - everyone else be damned.

On top of that, it's all fine and dandy that he has these fucked up beliefs which rely on the concept that homosexuality is a choice and not a state of being... I'm sure he'd also refuse to accept anything else that wouldn't fit within his imaginary world of super-fundamentalist irrationality as "The Devil's Work".

At the same time, it's nice to see that he's not trying to exert his influence in the political field. I am a firm believer in the separation between church and state and get pissed off when that right is blatantly ignored due to some political zealot's need to push his/her beliefs on others who in America have every right to think otherwise.

This is his opinion; he's not trying to sit in some political chair so that's alright with me; and I'm glad he's not MY father.
I wonder what Cameron thinks of the scam Trinity Broadcasting Network now:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...-feud-20120323
Old 04-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Old 04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Dude, you do realize that site is satirical right?

It's funny and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's an accurate depiction of some bible stories (told with plain/blunt language), but it's not really aimed at children.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
Dude, you do realize that site is satirical right?

It's funny and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's an accurate depiction of some bible stories (told with plain/blunt language), but it's not really aimed at children.
I am aware of that.

Funniest part is that the guy somehow ends up banging his dad.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
So is science. Eugenics?

When people talk about religion and science, I feel less like they are talking about religion and science but more like they are talking about "us vs. them." It's almost like watching the girlfriends of sports fanatics trying to argue in favor of the home team. I mean, it all is very superficial most of the time. As if everything is just about labels more than who people are or what they do. People get too caught up in the idea of identity because it's easier than trying to get to know people and risking rejection. I consider myself agnostic, and part of that is being very comfortable with the fact that, from time to time, something I prefer might be totally wrong.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/1...e+Raw+Story%29
Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Wow. Are there really people who still think being gay is a choice? Did I fall back in time to 1986 or something?
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles...les_activists/
Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
My guess is that she considered herself bisexual because she couldn't fully admit she was gay. This is very common, especially with women. Female sexuality is much more fluid than male's.

In the end, I don't believe there is anyone 100% gay or 100% straight; I think it's more of a spectrum, but with most people being on the far ends.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
That motherfucker's had a cock in his mouth and/or ass. Guaranteed.

I was going to say "thou doth protest too much" but you stated the obvious much better! He's definitely experienced male sexual interactions at least in his youth & like Scientology and two other more famous actors I won't mention, he's being brainwashed by religion into living a straight life! Kirk is repulsed b/c he enjoyed it immensely! I wonder if he & Leo got it on during Growing Pains? Now that's one sex tape I'd love to get my hands on!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
My guess is that she considered herself bisexual because she couldn't fully admit she was gay.
I agree with this actress that she alone defines her sexuality. It isn't anyone else's right or ability to do so.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
For starters, I've never read the LOTR, but I'm thinking people who are fans of the LOTR are as against gay marriage as Kirk Cameron and other Bible followers . . . you know, because of the whole Frodo-Sam question.

Someone who doesn't understand that two people of the same gender can be compatible with peace and harmony is quite distinct from someone who opposes the incessant and ridiculous fixation of suggesting two men are gay irrespective of there being no evidence.

"They walked next to each other. Now they're talking to each other, but not about chicks and action films and fighting. Omg they're gay"

Its childish, pathetic, and often uses the term gay as an insult rather than any liberal view on justifiable rights people should have. To oppose this isn't remotely like religious bigotry.

Last edited by SS-Block; 04-07-2012 at 06:29 AM..