Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Again, I'd just like to reiterate that the only part of the ending I didn't like was:

Spoiler:
The entire scene with Joker, the Normandy, and the crew (some of which who should have been dead from Harbinger's laser as they were with me in my group for the end game.

I was fine with everything else; in fact I enjoyed everything else. But that just made zero fucking sense and it boggles my mind to think of how that could have made it into the final ending.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM
News today on Gamespot:

Quote:
Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut coming this summer
April 5, 2012 6:53AM PDT

DLC pack for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC expands space-bound RPG's end-game through "cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes."

Fans cried out, and BioWare listened. Today, the company announced Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, a free download that will offer gamers "deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes."

The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut arrives this summer.
Due out this summer for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, the Extended Cut for the sci-fi role-playing game will expand on the end-game with "cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes." Specifics were not mentioned.

BioWare cofounder Ray Muzyka said, "With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

According to executive producer Casey Hudson, post-launch development initiatives for Mass Effect 3 have been "reprioritized" as a result of the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut.

Gamers have until April 12, 2014 to claim the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. The move comes after BioWare said last month that it planned to revisit the Mass Effect 3 ending, and offer gamers new content.

source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/free-ma...summer-6370106
Personally this is great news. Sounds to me like they plan to clear up the plot holes, and that's all i ever wanted. And it's awesome that its free.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I took a break on this game for a bit, but all this talk of the terrible ending is keeping my expectations so low that I'll probably love it.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
So, I finally finished the game and regarding the ending.....

Spoiler:
I didn't mind "The Catalyst" decision that was given to me in it's deus-ex machinia moment. I made those decisions in the first and second game, so every decision that I have done revolved around this big moment. Should I say fuck it" with all the alliances I have made by going for the easiest solution of "merging", or just go for "Control" and allow the various galaxies to figure out what they will do on their one.

Needless to say, I went with "Control", with the belief that considering I had brought a new beginning for the Geth sythetics, I rather let the universes make their own decisions and simply control the Reapers to no longer be a burden to our world.

However, the one thing that pisses me off about the final moments is the fact that I get one or two video clips that just show the lasting effect of my decision at the end. Oh, Normandy crashed and my legend is talked about for years to come. Great, but I would've liked to see my teammates, and the different species deciding on what to do next.

Other than that, 60 bucks certainly well spent for a conclusion of an epic and grand science fiction game. Despite a kind of rushed ending, I appreciated the grey lined ending that Bioware brings to the table.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Spoiler:
Main problem with Control ending is, because of the stupid "you enslave all AI" logic, you also enslave the Geth and EDI, negating their free will that you gave them anyway

I'm hoping though that the Extended Cut will fill in the plot holes and allow a little more closure. Other than that, I'm somewhat accepting the ending... Keyword: somewhat.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden_208 View Post
Spoiler:
Main problem with Control ending is, because of the stupid "you enslave all AI" logic, you also enslave the Geth and EDI, negating their free will that you gave them anyway

I'm hoping though that the Extended Cut will fill in the plot holes and allow a little more closure. Other than that, I'm somewhat accepting the ending... Keyword: somewhat.
Spoiler:
Really? I thought it was just the Reapers. The Catalyst explained everything so quickly that I kind of was hesitant on which decision I would make.

So, I guess ambivalence is the way to go for my feelings on this ending now.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Sony blocking PS3 Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Challenges

April 12, 2012 10:59AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Publisher not allowing BioWare to offer weekend challenges for PS3 version of spacefaring role-playing game; companies working on compromise, though none reached yet.

Sony is blocking BioWare from running its weekend Multiplayer Challenges for Mass Effect 3 on the PlayStation 3, the role-playing game developer explained on its website.

According to BioWare community manager Eduardo Vasconcellos, Sony has not yet approved the promotion to run on the PlayStation 3. He said BioWare and Sony are presently working to hammer out a compromise, but none has yet been reached.

BioWare did not say why Sony is blocking Multiplayer Challenges from Mass Effect 3, and as of press time, the publisher had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Challenges are promotional weekend events that have been running since launch for the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. For example, this weekend, BioWare is offering all participating squads in its Operation Resurgence challenge +10 percent additional experience to encourage players to try out the game's new maps.

For more on Mass Effect 3, check out GameSpot's review.
Source

So that seems sort of lame. Can anyone tell me if these Multiplayer challenges are any big deal? Like are they a big part of playing the multiplayer that everyone looks forward to or are they just gimmicks to get ppl to play new maps?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 AM
They're mostly just gimmicks that started the week after launch (not at launch like the article claims) that were supposed to try and distract players and the press from the negative publicity that started up at the ending. They usually offer lame incentives (with the exception of the N7 Nights promotion with Raptr that lead to actual real world prizes) and weren't worth putting the specific time in if you aren't already playing multiplayer.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Ah ok, i wonder what Sony's problem is then. Probably that they aren't getting enough money or something.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

This blew my fucking mind.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
One thing I did catch from the start of the game is that Shepard was hallucinating the little boy.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Multiplayer is insanely difficult. All three modes seem excessively hard for something that you're essentially forced to get with the game. It's a really cheap way to nickel and dime customers.