Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM
A little disappointed that Raylan wasn't the one who kills Quarles. Also, when was all was said and done, I expected the body count to be a bit bigger. But it was all in all a immensely satisfying conclusion to the season with some big surprises. The big one being that it was Arlo who killed Tom! And it was because he thought it was Raylan!

At least, that's how I interpreted it. Based on what Raylan tells Winona at the very end.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Meh. I still say Season 2 was the best.
I agree but what I loved about this season was they went a different route with Quarles. I actually felt sympathy for him over the last few episodes. Everything he did went to shit, which usually doesn't happen for villians throughout the whole entire story. Usually they're always a few steps ahead of the protagonist, until it all backfires for them in the end.

Quarles had a few steps in the beginning but at halfway through the season, he just kept taking more and more steps backwards. He never wanted to be in Harlan, he just wanted to be back home with his family. Hopefully next season we can learn more about his mob from Detroit. Adam Arkin was a waste in the two episodes he was in.

Glad to see Limehouse made it though, I know his story with Dickie won't be done yet.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Yeah I agree that Quarles as a villain was a refreshing type of villain, but as a storyline, I just didn't really care for it, as much as I just wanted to find out what's going to happen in a new episode of S2. I think Mags Bennet was also a refreshing villain (dur) but also a lot more interesting, as well as that season's entire storyline. But that's all IMO.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 AM
The best scene in the finale is when Raylan interrogates Wynn Duffy. It was EXTREMELY intense yet also very funny at the same time! Duffy's reaction every time Rayland pulled the trigger was just priceless! I love how this show can really skirt the line between intensity and funny and this is perhaps the ultimate case in which the show has done that. Superb acting by both Olyphant and Burns too!

Glad that Duffy didn't die. He's such a great character.

And I loved the twist involving Boyd's cousin too. Next season should be really interesting. I'm sure Boyd will eventually find out it's his cousin who betrayed him. Next season will probably be his last as I'm sure he'll die for real this time.

I disagree that season 2 was better. I loved this season more. Now I'm not sure if this is my favorite season. I'd probably call it a tie with season 1.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Yeah I agree that Quarles as a villain was a refreshing type of villain, but as a storyline, I just didn't really care for it, as much as I just wanted to find out what's going to happen in a new episode of S2. I think Mags Bennet was also a refreshing villain (dur) but also a lot more interesting, as well as that season's entire storyline. But that's all IMO.
If you really think about it, Quarles wasn't a villian. He was just a man who was left with nothing but Limehouse was the main baddie though. He was the puppet master, pulling the strings with everyone and Quarles was one of them. Limehouse was tearing shit up but doing it very quietly where I didn't even think about it until now... and so far he's gotten away with it!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:35 AM
So far my rankings would be

1. Season 2 (9/10)
2. Season 3 (8/10)
3. Season 1 (8/10)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Seriously?! Fuckin' NOBODY has brought this up?!

Quote:
Justified wants Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) and Jeff Goldblum for next season!

Source
Fuck YEAH! I LOVE Goldblum in villanous roles (see Deep Cover, Mister Frost).
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Seriously?! Fuckin' NOBODY has brought this up?!

Fuck YEAH! I LOVE Goldblum in villanous roles (see Deep Cover, Mister Frost).
Would rather have Stonestreet instead of Goldblum. Even though this was a great season, I would like to see them go back to focusing on one villian next year. I was kind of hoping Limehouse will have a bigger, more terrifying role in the future since I feel like we've barely seen what his character really is.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd like a bad guy who is not only a match for Raylan intellectually but physically as well. Not sure if Jeff Goldblum would really fit the bill there.

And Eric Stonestreet is unlikely to happen unless they are either a) able to work something out with the producers of Modern Family and if that is the case then he'll only be in one episode, or b)do filming while Modern Family is on it's summer hiatus. And that's not likely since the season just ended and they probably are taking a little breather before even focusing on writing the next season. And if Modern Family hasn't wrapped up the season yet, it will in the next week or two.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Deep Cover
He's fabulous in that role. "Is it mack daddy or daddy mack?" "Yeah, I can't wait! We'll have shrimp!"

Anybody who saw Jeff play Zach Nichols on Law & Order Criminal Intent shouldn't worry about him being a match for Raylan.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Raylan vs. John Hawkes.

Boom!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
Raylan vs. John Hawkes.

Boom!
Is this happening?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
Raylan vs. John Hawkes.

Boom!
I'd rather see this than Goldblum and the guy from Modern Family.