Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
I love it how people who always bitch about political correctness are the first ones to jump all over someone when something disagreeable is said. This is such a sensitive country.

I don't think it's as much of a sensitivity thing as it is just a double standard - or even beyond that, people just being full of shit. Honestly, I don't believe anyone who started the political correctness debate surrounding this is earnest about it. They are just playing semantics to make people look bad as bad as they've been made to look.

To me, it's the same thing as when white people are mad about black people complaining about injustice, so white people start digging for injustices to bring up. I mean, these are things they never cared about, but suddenly they act like they care for the sake of making a point.

Atop of that ---

This never would have happened if conservatives hadn't been under fire lately for all the laws they are passing taking away women's rights.

It's like:

"Oh, you guys are assholes because you are passing laws saying women, can't take birth control, stifling laws to help them get equal pay and taking actions to lesson their ability to take time off to raise children."

"Yeah? Well, well... one of your people said that being a stay-at-home mom isn't a job. So you think stay-at-home moms don't do anything!!! Hey everyone! Did you hear that! They say stay-at-home moms don't work!!!! HEY! HEY! YOU HEAR WHAT THEY SAID!! OMG!"