Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Well it is true mel gibson did come from america but he came to aus as a young boy

But returned to America to build up his career as a actor

he was just so diffrent when he was in Australia and he didnt get up to the wild things like he did in America

It is just like heath ledger he went to america and look what happened to him in the end
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well it is true mel gibson did come from america but he came to aus as a young boy

But returned to America to build up his career as a actor

he was just so diffrent when he was in Australia and he didnt get up to the wild things like he did in America

It is just like heath ledger he went to america and look what happened to him in the end
You've got to be kidding me.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Okay l will say this again Mel gibson came to Australia as a young boy with his parents

He was around 12yrs old and lived his life in Sydeny Australia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Reilly_Gibson

I am not having a go l am just stating that as soon as we have lost some of our biggest aussie stars they seem to go off the rails when they go overseas to America
maybe it is the crowd they hang out with

Last edited by Bondgirl; 04-27-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
So basically, you're blaming Mel's behavior on his decision to move to the United States?

And you say that Heath Ledger's death is directly related to his residence here, too?

Do I understand you correctly?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Well my opinion is that when thses actors were in Australia they were okay as soon as they moved to America they seem to go off the rails

There were terrible changes in them

I know when Mel was in lethal Weaon he was acting like a jerk something you would never see in Australia

Australia is diffrent and there is more freedom to move around and be yourself but in America you can not do this as a actor
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Well my opinion is that when thses actors were in Australia they were okay as soon as they moved to America they seem to go off the rails

There were terrible changes in them

I know when Mel was in lethal Weaon he was acting like a jerk something you would never see in Australia

Australia is diffrent and there is more freedom to move around and be yourself but in America you can not do this as a actor
Funny. You just posted this earlier.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145624

It seems Australia has its fair share of jerks, too.

^Grins
Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Geez you made me laugh
Yes l have to agree we have a few idiots who are not too good at the momnet

But as time goes on l hope that police lock thses guys up

But not all aussies are like this when you are mentioning bikies most are coming from overseas to jion forces with australias bikies so there is a mixture of aussies and overseas people riding there bikes and causing trouble plus shooting and killing people

But Australia is not as bad as alot of places around the world at least you can still walk down the street

But we should get back to the subject of Mel Gibson
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Its logical to assume that we're affected by our environment and personal experiences within an environment. Therefore, its plausible to suggest he was affected by his life in America, but to what degree?

We don't really know much about Mel Gibson's earlier life, we react to a carefully managed public image of a rising star.

In his later years, Mel becomes more powerful and has more control over his public statements. We learn more about him, and people (positively/negatively) react to that.

The Passion of the Christ seems to be the turning point where some people were wanting his downfall, and slapping their lips at all the coveniently secret recordings.

TPOTC was a film very much connected to his beliefs from childhood, or more to the point how he was raised by his parents.

I don't feel America has significantly changed him or shaped his personality.

His career in America has provided him a huge platform, which he has used to express his views. This made him popular with some folk, and unpopular with others including the majority of those in the media.

I don't think its a case of a man off the rails, but more a situation of plotting and vindictiveness from those who dislike him.

There are some things he should deal with. Some of his outbursts are childish, whether he's aware they were recorded or not.

On the whole, he's wealthy, he'll continue working. Sure his company will never get loved by the industry as a whole, he'll never be as welcomed as the Weinsteins, but the Weinsteins are fat fucking bastards who mostly make boring films, so who wants to be a fucking Weinstein anyhow.

The mainstream media isn't all encompassing of society. Those who dislike the mainstream media might find themselves becoming more a fan of those who are antagonistic to it. The idea of Mel Gibson trolling the mainstream media is quite endearing.

Last edited by SS-Block; 04-28-2012 at 06:35 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
as much as I hate Jay Leno, there is one man who can get me to tune in and that is Mel Gibson!

He was on the show last night, and I'm sure I will get shit for this, as a "Mel Gibson Apologist" even though that is not at all what I am.. I just like the dude! I wouldn't wanna make him mad, cuz dude can throw down when he is angry!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I agree with everything he said on the topic. It was him being a loud asshole in his own home, who gives a shit?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
I think he was just really excited about dinner.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I think he was just really excited about dinner.
I do the same thing when I see a good meatloaf.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Okay, we've got two pages...can we get to three? I'm still a little short of my prediction.

Can't someone use the phrase "politically incorrect" (as if it means a Goddamn thing these days) to prop the asshole up and make him seem kewl?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Mel Gibson is on the front lines in the battle for our freedom of speech. Everyone should applaud this man for constantly making an ass out of himself to prove that we can say whatever we want in this country and still get away with it as long as we're mega rich. 'Cause that's what makes America better than every other country in the world. If we were in Sweden, Mel would bend over and get a dreidel shoved up his sweet pea to please the Zionists.

Mel is just too old school. He was born politically incorrect. He couldn't fully pronounce the word Jewish even if he tried. Everybody just needs to accept that and shut their mouths. If there's anybody we should be hating, it's that pie addicted lying son of a bitch John Cusack. I hate that guy.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Okay, we've got two pages...can we get to three? I'm still a little short of my prediction.

Can't someone use the phrase "politically incorrect" (as if it means a Goddamn thing these days) to prop the asshole up and make him seem kewl?
Hey, HEY! Bondgirl blames his move to the states for his behavior. We're a den of sin and hatefulness over here! It's not his fault he was influenced by the bad Americans! Isn't that close enough to kewl for you?

(I'm driven now to help you reach your goal of becoming JoBlo psychic extrodinaire.)

Last edited by jeo4; 04-29-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
If there's anybody we should be hating, it's that pie addicted lying son of a bitch John Cusack. I hate that guy.

Last edited by jeo4; 04-29-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Okay, we've got two pages...can we get to three?
Only if Heyman starts posting here again.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Mel is clearly suffering from extreme exhaustion, and therefore nothing he says counts.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
http://todayentertainment.today.msnb...cid=todmsnbc11

Well... at least we're getting the Viking movie.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes l seen the interview on tv

I have to say that Mel Gibson looks as though he is high on somethnig
The bloke couldnt sit still and the expressions he was making made him look silly

he said he was angry at a person he was talking to and it was the son of this man who made the recording like Mel said it is sad people want to make these thing pubic so they can earn a buck
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
I have to say that Mel Gibson looks as though he is high on something.
The bloke couldnt sit still and the expressions he was making made him look silly
Yes, he's on a very potent drug. It's called Mel Gibson.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Mel Gibson needs to be on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Comedy Gold and everybody wins.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
All Mel needs to do is come home to Australia

he also needs professional help to get over his drinking and drug use

From the interveiw he looks as though he is on some type of drug
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Yeah right, and Christopher Nolan is from Chicago.
I know ignorance is bliss, but it is, nonetheless, still ignorance.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
Mel Gibson needs to be on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Comedy Gold and everybody wins.
I thought this was gold a couple of months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIeT5R7edU

SHIVER ME TIMBERS...

THE BASTARD RETURNS...TO ASK BONDGIRL WHAT EXACTLY WENT WRONG WITH SAM WORTHINGTON, SAM NEIL, ISLA FISHER, BOTH HEMSWORTH BROTHERS, NICOLE KIDMAN, AND THE WORST CASE OF AMERICAN CORRUPTION OF AUSTRALIAN TALENT EVER, RUSSELL CROWE.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Ah you do carry on

But it is great being able to voice what l think and also give a opinion like everyone else