Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 PM
vimm.net is still the best NES rom site on the net.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:13 PM

damn jim, you get around
Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I am loving the SNES emulator because I never had a SNES, only the origial NES. Been playing Aliens vs. Predator which is actually pretty fun and getting better at it. As well as my favourite baseball game that I used to play at a friends place, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball. I just recently downloaded TMNT 4: Turtles In Time, which is fun and has nice sharp graphics. Other than those, there isnt alot of SNES titles that appeal to me. The games that I have major nostalgia for is Colecovision. My first console ever. The emulator that I have for my android phone, I don't like. It doesn't have buttons, or a joytick, you just have to tap parts of the screen to move up and down and side to side. If you guys know of a better colecovision emulator that actually has a vitual joystick, could ya let me know? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:08 PM
I've had an Nes emulator (Nester) for a long time. I used to have a Snes one but no longer (I'll download one again sometime soon.) Recently, I've finally downloaded a PS1 emulator (epsxe 1.7.0) and a Gameboy emulator.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't know, I did the whole emulator/rom thing years ago. It was cool to play childhood classics on my PC. But now, I just don't think it's quite the same as playing them on an actual NES or Atari 2600. It doesn't feel the same, ya know?

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd rather play the real (retro) thing!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
I don't know, I did the whole emulator/rom thing years ago. It was cool to play childhood classics on my PC. But now, I just don't think it's quite the same as playing them on an actual NES or Atari 2600. It doesn't feel the same, ya know?

Yeah, I messed around briefly. It's just no fun playing with a keyboard and mouse, plus getting them to work is kind of a hassle. If there was some super easy, plug and play set up that worked and auto-configured a control pad, I might mess around again.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post

Hmm, I don't have this issue at all. To me the money i save downloading ROMs (as opposed to buying them on Wii's Virtual Console or XBLA or PSN) is reason enough to keep using emulators. Plus, I have a controller for my PC so i don't have to play using the keyboard and mouse.

The only retro systems I still own are my SNES and N64, but so many of my games have just been lost somewhere along the timeline of my life. Being able to find literally any game I want as a ROM is incredibly awesome.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 AM
Yep, you just can't get the genuine retro feel without playing a game on the actual system it was designed for.

Nothing like firing up a sega cd and playing Night Trap for the 1000th time .

What i play a game on is just as important as the game i am playing, it's all part of the experience, emulation is missing that key ingredient
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM
i use Zsnes to play only 1 game : Aerobiz Supersonic