Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Bill Burr rips Philadelphia a new one

After being the third comic to be booed mercilously at Opie and Anthony's Traveling Virus, Bill Burr pays the Philly crowd back by tearing them a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4nS...layer_embedded

bwhahahahaha
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Is this just part of his act or is this for real? I don't know who this guy is so I can't tell.

Either way it's not funny. But then maybe I'm missing some important context?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Is this just part of his act or is this for real? I don't know who this guy is so I can't tell.

Either way it's not funny. But then maybe I'm missing some important context?
Yea it isn't really part of his act but it is his style. The crowd was being complete assholes so he just rolled with it. Notice the applause at the end. It wasn't because his set was over, it was because they enjoyed the show. The O&A crowd are douchebags but they know he put on a good show.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Bill Burr is hilarious. This clip is old. I can't really remember what it's about because I didn't watch it. That is all.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
Bill Burr is hilarious. This clip is old. I can't really remember what it's about because I didn't watch it. That is all.
I live in the Philly market and I am from the NY market and I use his material all the time. This is way over 5 years old. EVERY word is 100% true. The story is the crowd was booing everyone off stage and when they booed this guy, he went off. He counts down the minutes, because he was not leaving. This will be written about years from now and comedy legend.

The first time I heard it I could not stop laughing. O and A are the best. 55 gallon challenge is the greatest stunt ever. I was listening their last day on NY radio.

Philly people are so stupid despite all the colleges that only people from out of the area go to. They are so devoted to sports teams that lose. Fuck the Phillies and how they will lose again this year. Eagles bought their way to no playoffs and Vick sucks ass. Giants won the Super Bowl and bought no one! Flyers choke yearly! Go Devils. 3 Cups baby! 76ers do and have always sucked since Dr J left. Fuck these philly cheesecake fat ass losers. I feel better now

Last edited by Erroneous; 05-04-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Oops sorry didnt know this clip was that old. I came across it the other day and thought it was new
Old 05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Oops sorry didnt know this clip was that old. I came across it the other day and thought it was new
Still thanks. Awesome to revisit!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Well I live in the Philly area but I don't mind that he's making fun of Philly. I just wish he were actually funny. I'm sorry, but flying a bunch of vulgar insults is not, in and of itself, funny.

This guy started doing this because he was booed? Yeah, that shows his maturity.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 PM
He did it because every one else that went on before him was booed.

And dropped a comedic A-bomb on them.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
This guy started doing this because he was booed? Yeah, that shows his maturity.

Yes because the audience was so mature for booing non stop through every comedian that went on stage. Get over it, philly fans are notorious assholes, not just at comedy shows but sports venues as well.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Yes because the audience was so mature for booing non stop through every comedian that went on stage. Get over it, philly fans are notorious assholes, not just at comedy shows but sports venues as well.
Some are. But then again, that could probably be true of any city.

Maybe the audience was immature, but instead of being the better person, he chooses to stoop to the audiences low? Is that really the answer? And he became an even bigger asshole for his generalizations.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:25 AM
If every single comic had been booed then I would have had more respect for him if instead of his vulgar insulting rant, he would have gone on stage, give the audience the finger and left. That would have been better IMO.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
If every single comic had been booed then I would have had more respect for him if instead of his vulgar insulting rant, he would have gone on stage, give the audience the finger and left. That would have been better IMO.

That isn't Bill Burr though. He isn't all high brown like Gallagher.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I just saw this on Cracked the other day. It was really impressive and cool of him to do, and I can't blame him one bit. He (and the other comedians) were just trying to do their jobs and the crowd was being one collective douchebag. Nonetheless, he got the job done.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 PM
That was solid.

"Sir, why are you yelling? You're in the first row you dumb fuck."

Even as a die-hard Philly fan, I laughed my ass off to him ripping all the teams.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
you guys are just now talking about this? I would be that guy that rips on all y'all for being late, but the more people that see this, the better...

This was legendary when I first heard about this...everyone was in "fuck this guy" mode, and he stuck it out for his whole set. I really respect him for this...
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
True that. Philly fans are the worst and most passionate. Best and worst of both ends. This is the town where the guy threw up on the fan. Thelist goes on.

Quote:
Some are. But then again, that could probably be true of any city.

Maybe the audience was immature, but instead of being the better person, he chooses to stoop to the audiences low? Is that really the answer? And he became an even bigger asshole for his generalizations.
Actually, he was the third guy on and the third guy who was booed endlessly. This was part of a traveling show and they did not have any issues like this before or after the Philly show. Philly people are just a bunch of hardasses at things like this. Mob mentally.

What he did was strike back at the hecklers like what has been done in comedy clubs for generations. Every word he said was 100% true. Philly's best sports hero is Rocky. Philly is a racist city. Ect. I live here. I know.

Quote:
Every one was up to that point and to most afterward. It was just a shameful act that night. Widely described when it had ocurred. They got what they deserved. I laughed then and I laugh now. Sorry Buddy, but Philly is a shitty town. Worst airport in the country and I have been to a fuck of a lot of them.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
True that. Philly fans are the worst and most passionate. Best and worst of both ends.

True.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
True that. Philly fans are the worst and most passionate. Best and worst of both ends. This is the town where the guy threw up on the fan. Thelist goes on.

Actually, he was the third guy on and the third guy who was booed endlessly. This was part of a traveling show and they did not have any issues like this before or after the Philly show. Philly people are just a bunch of hardasses at things like this. Mob mentally.

What he did was strike back at the hecklers like what has been done in comedy clubs for generations. Every word he said was 100% true. Philly's best sports hero is Rocky. Philly is a racist city. Ect. I live here. I know.

Every one was up to that point and to most afterward. It was just a shameful act that night. Widely described when it had ocurred. They got what they deserved. I laughed then and I laugh now. Sorry Buddy, but Philly is a shitty town. Worst airport in the country and I have been to a fuck of a lot of them.

Admittedly, I don't live in the city. I live in the suburbs. But I've never had any trouble in the city itself. Philly is a great city. It is my home. Now I'm sure it's not perfect. And yes, I know, Philly fans have had some bad rep, and I'm sure some of it is deserving. It's still generalizations. And it's never cool to make generalizations. Because maybe there are plenty of people who are racist in the city, but plenty of people who aren't as well.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Until I read the thread, I kept wondering why a comedian would randomly make fun of a 20 year old movie.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Until I read the thread, I kept wondering why a comedian would randomly make fun of a 20 year old movie.
haha