Old 05-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by syxxpac View Post
It's a low 8, but I do stick by it, I enjoyed it quite a bit overall despite its obvious flaws. Then again, you really shouldn't pay attention to my ratings so much as my thoughts, because I hate rating stuff and often just go with my gut. Whether that rating stays over time... anyone's guess, really. But honestly, I mostly attach ratings to my blurbs due to habit more than anything. I suck at being a critic.
Rating are only to give a quick appreciation. I prefer some movies I rated 6 over some i've rated 8 ... weird hun ?

Blast : City Under Siege

Old school martial art movie meets modern technology with a sprinkle of goofball comedy. Retardly entertaining if you like extra-cheese on your pizza

Old 05-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Shadow Of A Doubt

Apparently Hitch’s favorite of his films, and I can see why, one of the greats by a long mile. It basically picks up where his own Suspicion left off, in that same thriller tradition where idyllic homespun harmony is slowly usurped for two hours by growing distrust and threat of violence. The man never turned down a chance to poke a sharp stick into the cozy confines of the American Dream of the Golden Age, and here it’s no different as Uncle Charlie (a terrifically varied, subtly intense performance from Joseph Cotton) comes to town to stay with his family, including his favorite niece Charlie (Teresa Wright, playing virgin idealism just waiting to be corrupted to a tee). The relationship between the two that gradually unravels makes it one of Hitchcock's strongest character pieces, actually. Where this one veers from the track laid out by the cagey Suspicion is in the third act, which paints Uncle Charlie in a darker and darker tone that has fun exploring the idea of how far in denial one has to be to not see a family member in a different light if all the evidence suggests they're guilty. And that paranoia just pops with Hitch’s mastery of suspense and paying off those moments of foreshadowing that came before in interesting - and for its day, probably shocking - ways.

-> 9/10
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Dark Shadows(2012)-7/10
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Radioland Murders (1994)

It does come across that everything Mr Lucas has put his chubby finger to since Star Wars doesn't quite turn out so well (apart from 'Indy'), the recent 'Red Tails' for example.

This goofy slapstick comedy on paper had promise and I was quite excited to watch it as the period setting plus the 'who dunnit' murder aspect I like. The whole thing sounded like a kind of 'Clue' or 'Haunted Honeymoon' type venture, that nice dated 30's to 50's setting with smart suits with well spoken chaps n dames all set within a spooky atmosphere.

Unfortunately this film is really quite boring and insanely stupid, there is way too much slapstick in your face screwball comedy...and its not even very good, just forced. Everyone is falling arse over tit every five minutes and the editing is so damn choppy, you zip from one pratfall to the next as if they were individual sketches pasted together.

Awesome cast line up, every well known character actor in Hollywood has been stuck in this but that can't save the film. Brian Benben was for me a bad choice of lead for the story, he's one of those guys that just fits TV roles better and he's also annoyingly unstable here with the most lame physical comedy display.

Good ideas with a great era and concept to homage but this falls flat on its face, it should of been a classic but somehow its been fudged well and truly, damn it Lucas!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Dog Soldiers (2002)

Could this be the British werewolf equivalent of 'Aliens'? a group of soldiers forced into a tight space, trapped and being taken down one by one, it does feel like it when you watch.

But lets not take anything away from this film, its a low budget basic thriller which works beautifully utilizing all the right tricks in the book. The werewolves are kept out of sight for much of the time, lots of shadows and darkness, a good barren wilderness location, tense sweaty and claustrophobic with some good amounts of gore, not overblown.

Marshall really has taken a leaf outta Cameron's book, a leaf? nay...a whole flippin bush! as previously said the film really is 'Aliens' with werewolves but its so damn fun to watch (and British made) that you have to forgive the blatant concept rip off. The small group of soldiers really work well together and you do care for them as Marshall wisely builds the characters before hand, you know they're all gonna die but never sure which one will remain in tact at the end. Of course everyone is rather cliched and predictable with their dialog and portrayals, Cunningham is the nasty outsider ('Burke') who obviously will die but calmly growls and snarls his lines of doom to the rest in the mean time...just asking for it really.

Some brilliant sequences that go from outright horror to dark gallows humour such as Pertwee having his bowels/intestines superglued back inside him after a nasty attack. Things get quite tense towards the end as the lycans get too close for comfort and we start to see more glimpses of the pretty solid effects used. Men in suits of course and they do look original in design albeit a little like over grown Alsatians.

Its gritty, dirty, bloody, basic, effortlessly British, has cool movie posters and you want Cunningham to die right from the very start after he kills that poor doggie. At times it does feel like it could use a bit of Hollywood to really make more of an impact for some sequences and the score seems a tad lackluster. Overall this is a great human vs werewolf flick that really does show what 'Underworld' could of been.

Last edited by Hubbs; 05-13-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM
watched on bluray

Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Get the Gringo (aka How I Spend My Summer Vacation)

So it seems Mel Gibson has really upset the apple cart in Hollywood, his new action film has been shunned in the US completely which is pretty bad considering Gibson can bring home the bacon.

As for this new offering well I'm confused, I have read allot about how good this is and how Gibson is back to his best but as far as I'm concerned the film is incredibly average. Its basically a prison flick as Gibson is caught trying to escape a heist at the start and is slung in a Mexican prison, from there he plays bad guys off each other to survive and gets tangled in all manner of gang related issues.

OK firstly there is hardly any action here, yes that's right, this is no 'Lethal Weapon' topper. One gun fight mid way through, a few punch ups and a so so finale and that's your lot, very disappointed there I was. The plot is a rehash of...well just about any and every prison/action flick you've ever seen, the main difference here is the setting. A huge prison set up like a small shanty town where criminals are able to serve time with their families including kids!, buy drugs, drink, own guns, use women, have anyone come and see them, go to bars etc...basically an inmate run facility where money talks. At first I thought this was nonsense of Gibson's creation but it turns out there was an actual prison facility like this in Mexico, it was known as 'criminal university' and this does make the film more interesting...almost.

I read somewhere that this film was actually suppose to be an indirect sequel to Gibson's 1999 action film 'Payback'. Apparently the main character in 'Gringo' is suppose to be 'Porter' from 'Payback' but simply in a different story, no connections to 'Payback' in any way, just a new adventure if you will. This new film does play out like 'PB' with Gibson's narration, the way he uses people and the fact he is a badguy again.

Low down scummy, gritty, dirty and seedy, you can virtually smell the sweaty under stains. Well made with good camera work giving a more realistic feel (but not shaky handheld cam), many Spanish speaking actors equalling subs which makes the film feel more grown up and Gibson grunting his way through it all perfectly but in my opinion its not a good film.
Very average swinging towards slightly boring if you ask me, I didn't care about any of the characters, there's no real info or back story on anyone including Gibson's character, the 'action' is subdued and sparse and its all very cliched. To be honest the heist we see Gibson tearing away from at the start looked more interesting than what happened after, why is this so hyped?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Sanctum (2011)

A team of divers/extreme sport fanatics become trapped in a complex system of underwater caves in New Guinea.

I wish the story was more developed than that but it isn't. There's no monster , it's only a story about survival. Sure there's a lot of dramatic scenes but i didn't care less about any of the crew except maybe Frank. Actually i didn't care about Frank either but he made the hard decision and tried to keep the team together which I could relate to. The only reason I somehow enjoy this move was the cinematography which was pretty amazing (especially the underwater scenes ) and the acting was also solid.

PS. Don't be fooled by James Cameron's name on the poster , he's like only 1 producer out of 9 ( and 1 executive producer out of 5 )

Last edited by Dirtyfrog; 05-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: poster link not working again :s
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Haven't been on in a few days. Here's what I saw over the weekend.

David Copperfield (1970) - I didn't really care for the lead actor but there were some very accomplished performers in supporting roles. 6/10

Cyrano de Bergerac - Jose Ferrer was excellent. It's a really wonderful story as well with a tragi end. 8/10

Casanova (2005) - Some of the comedy fell flat but I did like both Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. The sets, costumes, and scenery were really beautiful as well. 7/10

Rio - I didn't like this at all. Much of the animation was so exaggerated that it just became ridiculous and the dialogue was painful. 2/10

They Live - This sci-fi film could have been pretty good with better actors. The story of aliens living among us and using subliminal messages was decent though. 5/10
Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Dark Shadows - 6/10

Way...too...much going on. Incoherent, sloppy but not without interesting elements. Depp was getting rather one-note under Burton's direction, but here the pair manage his best performance since Ed Wood. Fantastic art direction (natch) and a good goth opening prologue, but the humor falls flat, the Collins family members are a waste of the actors, and there's a century spanning "love story" that feels weak because (a) Bella Heathcote (who plays Victoria) seems to disappear for good chunks of the film and we don't get a sense of any chemistry between her and Depp's Barnabas and (b) Eva Green's Angelique has far better chemistry, so the film (and Burton, with his penchant for twisted outsiders to bland normals) weighs the more interesting deck in favor of those two. Green is boffo campy but a hoot to watch.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 PM

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Hulk - (2003) 8/10

The blind side - 8/10

Ninja assasin - 6/10
Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
The Avengers

Joss Whedon’s homerun summer blockbuster that hits every note an audience could expect to get their money’s worth of high-octane thrills, choice Iron Man quips and explosive heroics. And a giant flying battleship, of course, but let’s not get carried away, huh? Anywho, here’s where I’m gonna sidestep the mainstream consensus and say I ultimately prefer most of these characters in their own franchises, namely for the focused characterization that the likes of Branagh, Johnston, Favreau, etc., were able to build into these iconic Marvel characters in solo storylines. Here the team aspect is obviously front and centre, and for that reason there are some strengths and weaknesses to the approach. It’s more fun to watch with an ensemble to juggle, so if you somehow get tired of Tony Stark blasting alien goons out of the sky, there’s a Hulk or Captain America killing spree to take up the slack. But if you’re like me and enjoy getting an extra dash of humanity and pathos from these Marvel movies, then the previous individual offerings might be to your liking when all is said and done. The possible exception might be Hulk, who was easily the most entertaining Avenger of the bunch, and Downey Jr. aside, offers by far the funniest punchlines… so to speak. Plus, Tom Hiddleston as the returning Loki is all kinds of venomous charisma, and that he can maintain that menace after he's taken a good shot or two from pretty much every Avenger by the end of the movie, it's saying something to his talent, I think. However, flaws aside, the flick is so relentless and entertaining that I can't hold minor gripes against it, for what it is.

-> 8/10
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 PM

Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 PM
watching on bluray

Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Wild Target (2010)

Think 'A Fish Called Wanda' and 'Clockwise' and you have an idea of how this quirky little British film plays out. Bill Nighy is against cast as an ageing hitman who also looks after his ageing mother whilst doing his daily job of taking people out.

It sounds hilarious on paper and is a fun film, its just not quite as sharp as you might hope for. Nighy of course is the best thing in the film as the stiff upper lipped, tight assed gentleman hitman, a kind of 'Basil Fawlty' hitman who frowns upon anything modern or unusual in his world.

The rest of the cast are a jumbled mix of British character actors who add spice to the plot but not quite as much as Nighy. Freeman as the other hired assassin on the job is surprisingly eerie with his bleached teeth and slick hair, his partner in crime is Geoff Bell who always plays the scary hardman but parodies this beautifully here. Both are a great team up for this film and compliment Nighy so well, the other cast members do the job but nothing to rave about, Everett doesn't quite fit his role as head gangster if you ask me whilst Grint can't shake his 'Potter' background I'm afraid.

There isn't anything particularly original here, the hitman thing has been done to death but mixing it with an anal stuffy ageing British aristocratic business man type is a neat little idea. There isn't a great deal more on offer other than that small concept, the rest of the humour is average and the film does lull towards the end, the final idea of the two leads getting married and having a kid is rather icky frankly haha age gap much?

A nice entertaining black comedy which would have been perfect for John Cleese many years ago but Nighy is still good fare and still flies the flag for Britain just fine.

Last edited by Hubbs; 05-14-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Thor (6/10)
Captain America (6/10)
Old 05-15-2012, 03:10 AM
In Good Company - ***

Good movie with some terrific performances from Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace. A couple of scenes bothered me and that's Quaid's reaction to finding out that his daughter (played by Scarlett Johansson) is dating his his boss, Grace. His confrontation with them in the restaurante was over done, felt false. But other than that it's a good movie.

The Five-Year Engagement - ***

I almost kind of want to penalize the movie and knock the rating down by half a star for a whole section of the movie that really didn't work for me involving Jason Segel's character becomes a real asshole. Fortunately, the movie rebounds at the end with a lovely conclusion. A flawed movie to be sure, but despite an uneven script, it works and a huge part of it is because of the tremendously appealing cast. Emily Blunt, in particular, is sublime here. Though I also loved Alison Brie in this too!

Last edited by ilovemovies; 05-15-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Super (7/10)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 AM
All Good Things - A couple of very good performances from Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst are the highlights of this film about a man accused of murdering his wife years ago. Gosling got creepier as the film progressed and the story was quite good. 8/10
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Crows Zero

Another manga adaptation but this time , it's from Takashi Miike ( Ichi The Killer , The Audition , Dead or Alive trilogy [not the shitty movie with Eric Robert] , One Missed Call )

I am a big fan of Miike. He's one twisted mofo and his movies usually push the limit of the viewers. He is also quite productive with 88 movies as director in 20 years ( that's 4 movies per year for the mathematically challenged ) but since he's from Japan , he is relatively unknown in the USA ( thx Hollywood ! )

Anyway , i am happy to say that he probably made his most commercial movie so far and the most accessible ( girl with no legs & a dragon vagina in Gozu might not be everyone's cup of tea ).

Story : Suzuran is the worst school in Japan. Grades don't matter as much as getting respect. The only way to do so is with your fists. Genji , as a new student and son of a Yakuza boss , attempts to take control of the school which no one has done before but he faces Serizawa , a terminal student who is close to gaining control for himself. Each side tries to gather as much support as possible on the way up.

No swords or gunfights , Miike tries to keep it clean here ( the bowling scene is a little WTF tho , damn you Miike ! ) and actually tells a pretty good story. Characters are well-developed and the cinematography is impeccable. I will also give an award for style ( everyone is dressed in black , some slick haircuts , rain )

It's part of a trilogy btw ... #2 is out but not #3

I bet 10$ this movie will have an american remake within 5 years.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 AM
The Dictator (8/10)
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Burke and Hare - There were a few funny moments from Simon Pegg but overall it was a merely average film. 5/10

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars - I'm glad they made this film after that disappointing final season of the show. The film wrapped everything up nicely. 7/10
Old 05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
The Bourne Identity - 8/10
Old 05-16-2012, 01:12 PM

The Dictator

It's too daft and unfocused in places, however when it hits the mark it's painfully funny. Worth it for the "What if America was a dictatorship?" speech alone.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM

A hidden gem from Oliver Stone. Worth seeing.

WTF did i just saw?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
THE GREY (Joe Carnahan, 2012) — A

Best movie of 2012 so far. Liam Neeson is so badass, and while the film works as an exciting thriller, it also has a lot of emotional an philosophical substance to it that genuinely surprised me. A lot of people disliked the ending. I happened to think that it ended the best way possible. This is gonna be a tough film to beat out.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Spartacus: Vengeance

The Starz mega-hit that just keeps on giving. And fighting, and bleeding, and twisting, and scheming. Oh, so much scheming. With decadent political intrigue that rivals similar themed shows like Game of Thrones and Rome in their penchant for nasty double-crosses and no-holds-barred brutality, it’s so much meatier and satisfying a story than a mere blood-soaked rampage of revenge and 300 ripoff that I so wrongly perceived it to be. And so good in fact that the stylized visuals that distracted me early in S1 barely registered this time as a flaw. The story picks up pretty much where Blood & Sand left off, with Spartacus and his motley crew of escaped slaves on the run from the Romans. So I guess my Prison Break comparison continues to hold true, such as it is. Through the course of the season, the writers also manage to tie Gods of the Arena’s Gannicus into Spartacus’s struggle, and his unfinished business and tension with Peter Mensah’s Onomaeus is one of this season’s strongest points of conflict and catharsis. The Romans are represented chiefly by the returning Craig Parker, the de facto “big bad” of the season, as Gaius Claudius Glaber, the man responsible for putting Sparty’s wife into slavery in the first place. Making up for the character’s absence through most of the previous season, Glaber gradually becomes one of the best villains in TV history that you just want to see die the most horrible of deaths. And since there’s a lot of death to go around for everybody on either side by the end, you can rest assured his chances are quite good. By the time the showdown between Glaber and Spartacus reaches its climax, I dare you not to be standing and cheering our hero on to take that prick’s head. Whether he does or not, I won’t spoil, but needless to say, the season goes out with another amazing finale that will leave your synapses French-fried to perfection. Believe the hype. As for the elephant in the room, Liam McIntyre does a stand-up job filling the big sandals of Andy Whitfield, who made such an impression in the first season that it was hard to get into a comfortable groove with a new face so suddenly. But once I did, the performance carried the show ably, despite McIntyre’s scrawnier physique.

-> 9/10
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 PM

50/50 - 8/10
Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 AM
watching on dvd for the first time

Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 AM
The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) (2011)

So I saw the first film after all the hype and talk about it being really nasty and shocking, and like many films throughout the years I was scoffing at how rubbish those claims were. Original in terms of the idea yes but hardly shocking, more bizarre, and you didn't even see much.

Now we have the same issues all over again with the sequel, only this time its all completely bloody true I tell ya!!! Let me start by saying I have never felt quite so uncomfortable whilst watching a film since I saw the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'.

Right...so after I scrubbed my eyes and took some deep breaths I was able to clear my mind (kinda) and write about this errr film. I use the term 'film' loosely as this really does come across as director Six's own personal horror fetish fantasy. To be honest it is actually quite a unique piece of work and one could almost say its very arty or indie of sorts, apart from the gut wrenching gore of course.

The film is in black n white which does give it a stylish approach, it also makes it more unnerving and leaning towards more realism. Add to that is the clever idea of virtually no dialog but mainly sound effects, the lead character does not speak one word, he merely grunts, squeals, cries and moans in very disturbing ways. There is of course some dialog from various characters but its very short and to the point, no messing around here no sir.

The other thing about this film is the fact its not connected to the original in any way AND it shows the events of the first film as just that...a film. The main character in this sequel watches the first film on his laptop as an inspiration for him to carry out his own agenda, so the first film never happened in this franchises universe. Ashlynn Yennie who played one of the victims in the first film returns in this sequel as herself, so this sequel is basically in the 'real world' where as the first film is a film and fantasy/fiction.
At first I didn't like this idea as it reminded me of 'Wes Craven's New Nightmare' where Englund plays himself but after getting into the plot I think its a pretty ingenious way to go for the follow up, complete U-turn and makes it more interesting for sure.

Another plus point I must say is the casting of unknown Laurence R. Harvey as 'Martin Lomax'. Now this guy looks incredibly scary, spooky and quietly mental, he's short, disgustingly fat (his belly is a sight to behold), odd frog-like eyes and a receding hairline that's been made to look all greasy and demented. The way this guy just stares without blinking, his facial expressions when he gets upset, angry or excited just unnerve you BIG time!. Six did well in finding the crazy German Dieter Laser who looks like an evil Nazi scientist character type straight out of the videogame 'Wolfenstein', but he has outdone himself finding Harvey, how or where beats me but this guy is fudging creepy!, a big fat child like psycho who enjoys pain in rather eye opening ways.

Of course the plot is totally dumb with some plot holes you could drive a Land Rover through. The fact that people are getting shot and bludgeoned all over the show and no one hears or see's anything ever and how on earth this nut job manages to do all this on his own isn't worth going into really. The film cuts to and fro allot leaving it up to you to imagine how he did this and that or moved someone etc...

Its all about gore and shock value here folks, you do see nudity both male and female, you do see the lead character play with himself (you will see his little fireman), there is plenty of blood and head bashing, teeth smashing with hammers, tendon cutting of the knees, throat cutting, bullets to heads, force feeding, injections of laxatives, people eating excrement and seeing it dripping from mouths as they do, stapling faces to asses, hints of child abuse, crooked abusive doctors, harsh British language, mother killing....need I continue?

This film is actually so graphic the BBFC would not allow it unless it was heavily cut, I saw the uncut version and I can understand why, seeing the death of a new born baby by having its head crushed!? yep its pretty hardcore here folks.

Very dark, very bleak, seedy, murky and very sadistic, on one hand its very original and highly imaginative as a horror/gore flick, but it hasn't got the psychological or realistic vibe that the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' had. Its still very close to the bone and works well to make you uneasy, the sound effects alone will make you shy away in places believe me. Very nasty as Six delivers with his promise of more gore but you have to give kudos for the way he approaches it.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Bedazzled (1967) - I liked this a lot more than the remake. It was funny and Dudley Moore and Peter Cook had very good chemistry. The film may be a bit dry and seem dated to some but I really enjoyed it. 8/10
Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Blue Valentine - 10/10

Second rewatch in the past month. Officially one of my all-time favorites - a film that grows deeper and more powerful with each viewing. And Gosling and Williams' performances never fail to leave me completely awe-inspired.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post
watching on dvd for the first time

^^^ didn't mind it 7/10

also watched on bluray and my least favorite of the bunch

Old 05-18-2012, 02:57 AM
The Dictator - ***

Absolutely hilarious! It beats 21 Jump Street as the funniest movie of the year so far!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 PM
The Animal Kingdom with Leslie Howard and Myrna Loy - A man chooses between his high society wife and another woman from his past. I like Loy a lot in this film but Ann Harding wasn't very good. 6/10

O - A high school version of Othello. There were a few good performances but Josh Hartnett was awful as the villain. He is incapable of showing emotion and he mumbled most of his lines. This could have been a solid film if it wasn't for him. 5/10
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Dream House
the hell was this shit
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

Simple movie in three acts about three boys who acquire telekinetic powers.

Act 1: Predictable setup to future events; the abused kid with an abusive father and constantly bullied, matched up with a super popular and kinda popular guy once they get their abilities. It's just like, why does the bullied kid not just have a) an abusive father, but ALSO b) mean drug dealer types as neighbors that bully him, c) abusive bullies at school AND he d) gets made fun of by everyone throughout the whole fucking movie? Yes, there are people bullied like this in real life, but for the movie's sake it was rather droll and seriously got old REAL quick. I know also that we're supposed to hope for retribution over the abusive folks - especially the evil father - but I think they just took that whole "bullied" theme from a few too many angles.

Act 2: Fun and games and stupid pranks. At this point I'm starting to really lose interest, since this is all fluff and gumdrops before the obvious "dark side" of these powers takes effect.

Act 3: I say skip after the first 20 minutes and head to the final 20 minutes.
I didn't think it was going to go so far in the direction it went. I won't spoil anything, but it was certainly... well a bit of a surprise.
I don't get how Andrew spends all night crashing through buildings, brick walls and gets shot at from many angles and then shuts down his mental shield as he breaks down at the perfect moment for Matt to spear his ass. Too convenient in my eyes. I know, yes, Andrew was crying out in the ultimate wail of despair and he briefly let his guard down, but I didn't buy that. Oh well, gotta end it some way, right?

Also, I hate "found footage" style movies. That got on my nerves while watching this, too, but there are a few clever turns of perspective both in front of and behind the camera that was interesting.
But then in the last act I started losing grip on THIS as well, because there was footage taken from countless sources, making me wonder in my stupid brain (when you aren't supposed to) who the fuck edited all this shit, and how did it go from a personal story about a down-and-out teenager filming his life all the way to "found footage" from people and places that have no relevance to the movie's starting point?

Oh well, I digress... if you know what you're getting into I would say it's worth watching.

Last edited by KcMsterpce; 05-18-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 04:39 PM
The Bourne Supremacy - 9/10
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Strippers vs Werewolves (2012)

LOVE the title and LOVE the idea (who wouldn't?) but I was devastated upon watching that the film is actually pretty lame really.

A British low budget horror/gore/comedy which is probably suppose to be along the same kind of lines as 'American Werewolf' and 'Zombie Strippers' but alas it falls way short. I didn't expect an epic effects laden masterpiece of course but I did expect allot of raunchy half naked strippers and errrr more gore actually.

The girls are cute but sparse which is odd considering the title and hardly any ass on show a tall! *weeps*. The makeup on the werewolves swings from not bad to pretty terrible really, again I was expecting greatness but its a bit shitty looking really. Its all hands on makeup and effects which looks better than cgi anyday but this film cries out for just a touch more skill. On a visual note they seem to have tried to make the film appear like the pages of a comicbook, split screens with a bit of text and in a slightly cartoony way, kinda works but the rest of the film needs to be good to make it fully work.

A cult cast can't save the film either, Sarah Douglas of 'Ursa' fame in 'Superman II' has been in many silly low budget affairs, dunno why. A brief cameo by Martin Kemp, Lucy Pinder looking hot as a vampire bride but not really doing much, scary Brit hard man Alan Ford (again briefly), ex Bond villain Steven Berkoff (again again briefly!) and finally none other than Robert Englund who like the others listed here also appears briefly and doesn't do anything much a tall.
It does seem as though they got these cult names in just to raise the bar of the film on the grapevine, no one thought to give them something cool to do.

Such a missed chance for a gloriously over the top tits, ass and gore flick, I can't believe how badly they blew it, criminal. Had this been in the hands of Landis or Jay Lee the director of 'Zombie Strippers, it could of been hella cool.
Closed Thread