Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Nick Stahl arrested for stiffing cab driver

Nick Stahl found himself a little short on cash Friday night when his cab driver told him his bill was $84 ... so then Nick Stahl found himself arrested, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... when Stahl arrived at his destination, he told the cab driver he just didn't have the cash or credit to pay the fare. We're told the cabbie then flagged down a nearby officer, and Nick was arrested.

Stahl was booked at 8:52 AM on Friday and was not released until 3:42 PM the next day, after posting $500 bail.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/29/nick-s.../#.TyWuClw7X4u

I'm a fan of his(and wish he would get better roles) but thats a dick move on his part. If he knew he didn't have the money he shouldn't of got in the cab in the first place. And while it was a pricey fare, he should of easily been able to pay for it (with all his direct to DVD movie paychecks)

Oh and if you haven't seen Carnivale I suggest you do so. One of the most underrated HBO shows.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Haha how random! I am a of his as well (especially Carnivale) but you're right, this just seems like a total dick move on his part. I dont know the mans financial situation, but i'm NOT making any kind of movie money like many people now i can barely make it by at times, but i would still find a way to give the dude what I owed him on the spot. You ask for a cab, you pay for a cab.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM
What if he HAD the money, but just not enough? Maybe they're leaving that important part out... What if he only had $60 on him and didn't have a debit/credit card on hand? I mean it's not outside the realm of possibility. I don't know, I'm not defending him cuz he (should be) rich and is somewhat famous. So yeah.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM
The John Connor curse strikes again! First Furlong has his career flushed and multiple arrests, then Christian Bale gets roughed up in China and now this. The insanity must stop!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
The John Connor curse strikes again! First Furlong has his career flushed and multiple arrests, then Christian Bale gets roughed up in China and now this. The insanity must stop!
Ha I'm really hoping Stahl can turn it around. He was great in Carnivale, In the Bedroom and of course as the Yellow Bastard in Sin City.

And jaw2929, thats definitely possible.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Yea he was great in Carnivale. Didn't really care for him as Connor or YB though.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Shit. According to TMZ he's missing.

Hope the guy is okay.

Nick Stahl -- the actor who played John Connor in "Terminator 3" -- is missing ... this according to his wife.

Law enforcement officials confirm ... Stahl's wife filed a missing person's report with the L.A.P.D. on Monday ... saying she last saw the 32-year-old actor on May 9.

Sources tell TMZ ... it is believed Stahl had been frequenting the Skid Row area of Downtown Los Angeles recently ... and there are concerns he may have gotten himself involved in some bad stuff.

Back in February, Nick's wife had filed court papers, expressing serious concerns that Nick may be using drugs ... and sources say she fears drugs may have something to do with his disappearance.

Stahl's rep declined to comment on the situation.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/16/nick-s...-terminator-3/
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Hope he's alright, but drugs are bad business. I gotta bad feeling about how this one will end.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
If you don't have money to pay a Cab can get you arrested , if you don't have money to pay a drug dealer.......you are a dead man.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Always thought he was a great actor. Loved him as Connor and in Disturbing Behavior.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Fuck hopefully SkyNet didn't pick him off...well played, Mayans.

In all seriousness hopefully he's okay - I enjoyed him in Sin City.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Surely Hollywood types know higher-level dealers than some guys selling to hobos in Skid Row?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm really hoping he just went off the grid for a little bit. I read a report that he was spotted moving boxes out of an apartment complex about a day after his wife last saw him? A source also mentioned that he does this every once in a while, but never for as long as now. He's a very talented actor who I have always liked. However, everything I read just mentions his wife. Aren't they estranged? What about his other family members? Parents? What are their thoughts? I really hope he's okay, also for the sake of his daughter. The whole story is just kind of strange.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Montana View Post
Surely Hollywood types know higher-level dealers than some guys selling to hobos in Skid Row?
The other part of that cliche is that when the Hollywood type nears rock bottom, the classier dealers aren't going to want anything to do with them and therefore the Hollywood type would get desperate and shoot for the gutters.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
But clasier dealers still have to deal with cartels ya know.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
But clasier dealers still have to deal with cartels ya know.
So are you implying that Stahl owed money to his drug dealer and in turn landed on the radar of a drug cartel?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Maybe?...you never now how much these hollywood stars pay for drugs. So in many cases they owe lots of money , when the dealer doesn't pay the supplier someone has to die. Mexican cartels don't play around , and LA is full of them.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
Maybe?...you never now how much these hollywood stars pay for drugs. So in many cases they owe lots of money , when the dealer doesn't pay the supplier someone has to die. Mexican cartels don't play around , and LA is full of them.

But I mean, the degrees of separation would still have to be pretty low before blood would satisfy money loss. The dealer could go after Stahl, but he still wouldn't be able to pay the cartel. I really doubt Stahl was that close, unless he was dealing himself.

According to EW, he's contacted friends via Facebook - http://www.eonline.com/news/terminat...ontacts/317622

I was hoping this was the case, that he's just checking in. They seldom allow you to contact loved ones. I would think if it was something violent, there would have been a bigger trail somewhere. At least friends would have noted how deep he was in and voiced concern. It all seemed more like a "Where's Nick" kind of thing.

That's be cool as fuck if the guy turned himself around. I've never followed him that closely. Bully is really the thing I know him most from since Sin City, he didn't leave an impression on me and T3, I pretend never happened. It just seems like you don't hear many accounts of dudes in that position getting their act together (probably lots of examples though - RDJ, I guess, but seems different somehow…)
Old 05-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Glad to hear that it sounds like he's alright. I always thought the guy was a great actor, and about one great leading role away from hitting it big time. His performances in The Thin Red Line, Bully, Terminator 3 (I thought he was pretty good in it, personally), and Sin City were all quite good, and his supporting performance in In the Bedroom was one of my favorites of the last decade. The guy can act, and I hope he gets his shit together and subsequently finds a way to get out of the straight-to-video world.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:53 PM
However it is suspicious because his wife wasn't on the email.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Glad to hear that it sounds like he's alright. I always thought the guy was a great actor, and about one great leading role away from hitting it big time. His performances in The Thin Red Line, Bully, Terminator 3 (I thought he was pretty good in it, personally), and Sin City were all quite good, and his supporting performance in In the Bedroom was one of my favorites of the last decade. The guy can act, and I hope he gets his shit together and subsequently finds a way to get out of the straight-to-video world.
Yeah I'm glad to hear he's okay and I hope he gets in some better roles cause I've always liked the guy as an actor (and completely forgot about In the Bedroom, what a film!)