Old 05-20-2012, 12:01 AM
My dick is swollen for season 5.

Yeah, I went there.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Gotta say, I'm not all that excited for the new season. I love the show and will watch it, but honestly, if Season 4 was the end of the entire show, I wouldn't have minded. I thought that was a pretty satisfying conclusion. Other than the inevitable Hank vs. Heisenberg, there's really nothing more I'm looking forward to seeing. So I guess I'm not as giddy as the rest of you guys.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Gotta say, I'm not all that excited for the new season. I love the show and will watch it, but honestly, if Season 4 was the end of the entire show, I wouldn't have minded. I thought that was a pretty satisfying conclusion. Other than the inevitable Hank vs. Heisenberg, there's really nothing more I'm looking forward to seeing. So I guess I'm not as giddy as the rest of you guys.
See me after the premiere, we'll revisit these sentiments.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
July 15th is the day we've been waiting for, ladies and gentlemen.

Those who purchased the utterly dissapointing, Hell on Wheels, found a Breaking Bad flyer amongst the other dvd content announcing the official start date. Words cannot express how freakin pumped i am for season 5!

Last edited by Delmont ; 05-20-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmont View Post
The day before my birthday. Damn it feels good to be a Cancer.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 PM
As much as I love this show, it's not my favorite. I would rank Fringe, Justified and Homeland a head of it.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmont View Post

Those who purchased the utterly dissapointing, Hell on Wheels, found a Breaking Bad flyer amongst the other dvd content announcing the official start date. Words cannot express how freakin pumped i am for season 5!
Ooh, gotta love those official little flyers!!

Thanks Del .. mont.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
There has been some great television to pass the time for this schmoe, but Breaking bad certainly gets my blood pumping a little bit more. Everything is just so concise and never feels like it is dawdling. It all builds to something that just explodes with such satisfaction, and the potential for this season could be the atom bomb for the summer TV season.

I can't wait!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
And the bad news to go along with this is they're saying now that the "second half" of season 5 will not air until summer 2013. Why the hell are they pointlessly dragging it out that long?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1132 View Post
And the bad news to go along with this is they're saying now that the "second half" of season 5 will not air until summer 2013. Why the hell are they pointlessly dragging it out that long?
Hopeful for more emmy recognition.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Nope, AMC has more higher priority shows and rather give the fans of BB a huge middle finger after dedication for 4 seasons.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I figured Mad Men was more of their Emmy-bait show (though I think Cranston is usually up for the actor awards?). They did a similar thing with Walking Dead's recent season, but it only took a month or two off. If they're holding off an entire year between the season, they might as well just have done a few more episodes and say next year is season 6. I'm also annoyed because I'll probably forget some details by the time they burn off the rest of the show and I refuse to buy half season DVD sets (they are an odd pet peeve of mine).
Old 05-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
though I think Cranston is usually up for the actor awards?)
Cranston has not only been nominated, but has won every year the show has been eligible for emmy's.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.wetpaint.com/network/arti...sse-looking-at
Old 05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Let's just hope that 'they' are just 'saying' that..

Omfg PLEASE let this be a rumor !!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post

OMG, what are they looking at?!

EDIT: ilovemovies, you'll appreciate this: Jesse Plemons (Friday Night Lights) has joined the cast this season in a re-occurring role.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 05-22-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Smiert, I think it could be a rival drug dealer setting up shop? or The DEA?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
I want Jesse's jacket. So cool.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, the bandage on Walt's nose certainly says something about the timeline in relation to season 4, doesn't it? No time lapse at all apparently.

I was hoping to jump forward just a tad so that Hank (and Mike for that matter) would be, at least partially, back to able bodied status. No worries though - in Villigan we trust!

Last edited by Delmont ; 05-22-2012 at 10:31 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
EDIT: ilovemovies, you'll appreciate this: Jesse Plemons (Friday Night Lights) has joined the cast this season in a re-occurring role.
Not really sure why you would say that. I had to look him up on imdb and while he's been in a few things I have seen, the only thing I actually remember him from is Battleship and that's probably only because I just saw the movie last night.

And I've never seen an episode of the Friday Night Lights show. Although I've been meaning to since it's currently available on netflix instant.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:

OMG, what are they looking at?!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
If true, that is fucked up.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 AM
As the OP of this thread, let me confirm the worst of news: while season 5 will be the final season, Breaking Bad will not conclude until 2013.

Sony/AMC wanted two more seasons, Gilligan wanted one, this is how they compromised.

Look at it this way, Breaking Bad will be around for another year! Putting off the inevitably black hole of depression we're all inevitably sink into once the show is over haha
Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
As the OP of this thread, let me confirm the worst of news: while season 5 will be the final season, Breaking Bad will not conclude until 2013.

Sony/AMC wanted two more seasons, Gilligan wanted one, this is how they compromised.

Look at it this way, Breaking Bad will be around for another year! Putting off the inevitably black hole of depression we're all inevitably sink into once the show is over haha
Didn't Gilligan originally want 20 episodes for the final season? I swear, if Breaking Bad was on FX, the show would have gotten a lot more recognition and anything Gilligan would want.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:

So does that mean no July start date, or are they doing a fall hiatus?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
So does that mean no July start date, or are they doing a fall hiatus?
No it's still starting July 15th, but only for 8 episodes. Then the final other 8 episodes will air in Summer 2013.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
No it's still starting July 15th…
Awesome!

Quote:
...but only for 8 episodes. Then the final other 8 episodes will air in Summer 2013.
What!? AHhhhHhHahahaHAHAHAHahahaHHAAHaHahahAHAHAHAHAHA…

Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Awesome!

What!? AHhhhHhHahahaHAHAHAHahahaHHAAHaHahahAHAHAHAHAHA…

That's gold Jerry, that's gold!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 AM
And it seems like AMC airs their shows without breaks from week to week. So it's going to be 2 months of intensity and then almost a year of waiting. Watching this show is turning into the television viewing equivalent of tantric sex. I'm tempted to wait until 2013 to watch it all at once, but probably more tempted not to.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
It seems that AMC has embraced the show's ethos and decided to become a dealer. They know we'll wait however long they say the show will take to air. It's standard dealer tactics. We're all gonna be screwed for a while. We'll probably get temporarily hooked on another show for a while, but it won't feel the same...

....We're about to hit bottom.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:07 AM
I think it's a pretty shitty move for the fans to split the series that far apart time-wise.
The reason(s) I think they are doing that is because:
It's the last season and they want to milk it for all it's worth
They can release an 8-episode DVD/BR set for the same price as a regular season
It can be sold a week or two before the last half of the final season
Then they can sell the next half for the same price before releasing it as a "entire season set" for a couple bucks above the price of half the season... before making an entire box set.

I hope I'm wrong, but I am sure a lot of the reason is greed.

It would make more sense if it was a 4-6 month hiatus. But then it would fuck up the timing of sales release(s).
Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
If they wanted to split the season, they should have done what the Walking Dead last year and instead of making fans wait a whole year, have it start in February.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
If they wanted to split the season, they should have done what the Walking Dead last year and instead of making fans wait a whole year, have it start in February.
The whole reason why TWD was split because they didn't want to air any new episodes during the NFL Playoffs and Superbowl. Ratings would have dropped alot.

And Hollywood doesn't care about fans.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 PM
OK, i know it sucks that we'll have to wait until Summer 2013 for the last 8, but ... I seriously don't know what's going to happen after this show actually ends. It's the best thing on TV right now BY FAR.

I love my Mad Men but it doesn't have nearly enough intensity that BrBa has. Game of Thrones is entertaining and fun to watch but it's like dark fantasy soap opera compared to BrBa. WHAT THE F.

So, the conclusion is, let's just be happy that we'll have something to look forward to for summer 2013 TVwise? Eh?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 PM
On the brighter side, we get 8 episodes to hold us over for a while.
Then we get EIGHT MORE. That's three to four more episodes than if it was just one season.

So, in a way it might help to look at it as like a BBC season (or two).

Also, this is a plausible compromise between the desires of Gilligan and AMC. Sad to say.
At least things aren't going to go the way of DEADWOOD, which fell apart in terms of being able to conclude on ANYONE'S terms. So sad.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
OK, i know it sucks that we'll have to wait until Summer 2013 for the last 8, but ... I seriously don't know what's going to happen after this show actually ends. It's the best thing on TV right now BY FAR.

I love my Mad Men but it doesn't have nearly enough intensity that BrBa has. Game of Thrones is entertaining and fun to watch but it's like dark fantasy soap opera compared to BrBa. WHAT THE F.

So, the conclusion is, let's just be happy that we'll have something to look forward to for summer 2013 TVwise? Eh?
Meh. I will still have Justified and Homeland to look forward. Two shows I actually love more than Breaking Bad. And other shows that are excellent (Walking Dead, Person of Interest and The Good Wife) and other shows that aren't on the same level but are still solid (Supernatural, Hawaii Five-O). And some shows that I still need to give a try that I hear great things about (Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, etc). Lots of television for me still.

I will say nothing in the new in the upcoming fall season really peeks my interest at least as far as true greatness is concerned.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 AM
ilovemovies is like that guy at the orgy who keeps saying his johnson itches.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Ha. I wasn't trying to repeat myself. I was just responding that there is plenty of good television on right now. I'll have plenty to watch when Breaking Bad ends.

But I get you guys. This is basically how I felt when 24 and Lost both came to an end, on the same season.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I will say nothing in the new in the upcoming fall season really peeks my interest at least as far as true greatness is concerned.
There's that new HBO show True Detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson that should be quite good. I think that comes out in the fall. You should probably check out Boardwalk Empire though. There won't be a better show on in the fall.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM
If anything, it would be easier just to look at it as "Season 5".
Then next year it's "the sixth and final season".