Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
101-year-old pedestrian struck, killed by 91-year-old driver

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24...est=latestnews

BURBANK, Calif. A 101-year-old man is dead after being struck by a car driven by a 91-year-old woman as he crossed a Burbank street.

Police Sgt. Darin Ryburn says Otto Jensen was hit at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday and died at a hospital. City News Service says Jensen was a well-known photographer in Burbank and served as grand marshal of the city's centennial parade last year.

Ryburn says driver Mary Beaumont stopped at the scene but was not arrested or cited. Reached by phone Wednesday, she said she was fine and declined comment.

Ryburn says it's unclear what led to the accident. He told City News Service that Jensen was not in a crosswalk but was crossing legally and had nearly made it across the street when he was struck.
This is tooooooooo funny. What is he doing walking around at 101 at 815pm? And why is still driving at 91? AARP sucks ass. I bet she did not know she hit anyone until he was in the front seat next to her.

New Rule: People over 80 can not drive anything bigger than one of these tiny Smart cars.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
This is tooooooooo funny. What is he doing walking around at 101 at 815pm? And why is still driving at 91? AARP sucks ass. I bet she did not know she hit anyone until he was in the front seat next to her.

New Rule: People over 80 can not drive anything bigger than one of these tiny Smart cars.
I'd like to amend that new rule and say no one over the age of 80 should be driving ANYTHING with a motor on/in it. At all. Ever.

What a joke this story is, unbelievable.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 PM
And to think, they were only ten years apart.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Well in Australia they want to have a S sign put on cars driven by old drivers

S meaning seniors

That would be a sight to see

I wonder if it would take off like the P L plates