Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Another human kills another dog

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Pai...152380095.html

4 hours of torture.

They look like a pair of stroppy 12 year olds, but the article says they're both 18 and 19. Enjoy adult prison.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:18 PM
One of them looks like a girl. What the hell is wrong with people? What? Was the internet and cable out? They couldn't think of anything better to do than to torture a 4-month old puppy?

Sick fucks.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Just reading BigRed's comment about the article, makes me fucking sick. (I refuse to read the actual article) I hate most humans, disgusting/vile fucking creatures we can be.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 PM
maybe the dog was a huge asshole

If they did everything to the pup the article listed off, they could be psychopaths. I have seen a few Law and Order episodes. Their torture of the pup was elaborate, to go by the article, and apparently they are 18 and 19, ruling out the possible impression of boys being boys. They didn't shoot the dog, they strangled it, wired it, tried to hang it, broke its ribs, pressed its head into the ground, apparently stabbed it in the back...

The article both says the dog died four hours after the injuries and 'the pup suffered for four hours', so I don't know if this means the kids attacked it for four hours or investigators are presuming it suffered for the four hours it took to die after the injuries from the attack.

You journalists and your shenanigans.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
A sad story, but even more sad is the fact that it is not unique. My fellow KC area Schmoes will surely remember this story (warning: very graphic detail). I can't believe that happened back in 1997; it doesn't seem that long ago.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:23 AM
I have no understanding for animal cruelty, what so ever.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Just reading BigRed's comment about the article, makes me fucking sick. (I refuse to read the actual article) I hate most humans, disgusting/vile fucking creatures we can be.
This.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't waste time on a trial or tax payer money by giving them jail time.

Just do it back to them.

Everything they did to the dog, do it to them. See how well they take it. See how much they like it. And any time they so much as cry or flinch, do it again even harder.

Sick motherfuckers.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Don't waste time on a trial or tax payer money by giving them jail time.

Just do it back to them.

Everything they did to the dog, do it to them. See how well they take it. See how much they like it. And any time they so much as cry or flinch, do it again even harder.

Sick motherfuckers.
RRRAAAAAARRRRRR OUTRRAAAAAGGGEEEE
Old 05-27-2012, 06:06 PM
St. Bernards have always held a special place in my heart...having 2 throughout my childhood - the current still being alive at the tender age of 9 (life expectancy is roughly between 8-10 years old). This story makes me wanna throw up....those who have owned and raised these dogs correctly know that they are truly gentle giants and this is absolutely a horrible story.

I hope those fuckers rot....I'd literally curb stomp them if I could.

How could you harm that?

Last edited by AspectRatio1986; 05-27-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
St. Bernards have always held a special place in my heart...having 2 throughout my childhood - the current still being alive at the tender age of 9 (life expectancy is roughly between 8-10 years old). This story makes me wanna throw up....those who have owned and raised these dogs correctly know that they are truly gentle giants and this is absolutely a horrible story.

I hope those fuckers rot....I'd literally curb stomp them if I could.

I agree 110%. I feel it's only justified that the same exact punishment that was done to the dog, be done on the ones who inflicted it. You wanna break the dogs ribs and torture it? Should be done to you. It's only fair, really. Being fed 3 square meals per day and watching cable tv in prison is NOT punishment!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
I agree 110%. I feel it's only justified that the same exact punishment that was done to the dog, be done on the ones who inflicted it. You wanna break the dogs ribs and torture it? Should be done to you. It's only fair, really. Being fed 3 square meals per day and watching cable tv in prison is NOT punishment!
[/Harry Callahan voice]
Old 05-27-2012, 07:50 PM
There was something similar in past of two or three kids setting a little pup on fire. I think that was a St Bernard, too.

These acts are the most sickening example of bullying and cruelty.

There might be some who complain that its only an animal. But so are we, so are people only animals, members of animalia.

I don't have any objection to animals (inc. humans) killing other animals for survival to defend or to eat/farm, but never done cruely or to prolong the pain. cruelty seems exclusive to humans, I don't see other species doing this.

I find it hard to believe all people aren't capable of imagining themself in the place of someone/something else. How could they not sympathise with a little animal being tortured.

If it was possible to give them the experience of some of the pain they inflicted, would their mindset change. Ya Know, I guess it would.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
[/Harry Callahan voice]
I don't know what this means or who that is.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
I don't know what this means or who that is.
Well then, let me introduce you to him. I think you two would get along.

And if you liked him, you should also check out this guy.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
This thread is irony.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
It is really sad that some people resort to killing animals and using torture to watch them suffer

I hope these guys get put away for a long time for this action
In my opinion l cant understand how or why you would want to hurt any animal who cant fight back
Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
I don't have any objection to animals (inc. humans) killing other animals for survival to defend or to eat/farm, but never done cruely or to prolong the pain. cruelty seems exclusive to humans, I don't see other species doing this.
Probably. No other species of animal would kick a pup, breaking its ribs, then string the pup up and try to hang it before eventually stabbing it in the back and leaving it to die, but that probably says more about other animals inability to comprehend some rube goldberg-esque elaborateness in aggression than it does their natures. We're more intelligent in our cruelty, but them's the ropes. Young mammals, like young people, have been recorded doing all sorts of prolonged cruelty to the smaller and weaker in their grasp. Sometimes they're learning to hunt, so it feels romanced and natural. But sometimes they're just exploring their bodies and its feelings in murder. The more dexterous species of young monkey and ape have literally pulled wings off flies (or a species of fly). This isn't the topic for me to soapbox, and being contrary is a little beside the point since you were probably talking specifically about this kind of elaborate, thoughtful cruelty, but we know the cruelty in mammals - to eat their own young, to devour the guts of a downed prey even though the animal is still alive, to rape (some primate courtships not courtships between the male and the female, but competitions between the male and the other males, so that when one male fights off his competition he can gladly take the female if she is smaller than him), and even to desecrate, which quite a few mammals do, showing an intelligence to maim and degrade without needing to be motivated by hunger. Killer whales have shown what could only be called 'enjoyment' in playing with seals before eating them, and while I'm relieved to know a mountain lion will kill me quick and then eat me, the reason it will kill me quickly is because every second I'm alive I am posing a threat to it, so the swift death it brings is not its mercy, only its necessity.

Although it's not worth much to suggest animals can be cruel as well, because so what? The human problem is the problem of boredom and power and intelligence and indulgence and gluttony and all sorts of other sins, something the majority of species don't have, living in circumstances that force them into better behaviors by the necessity I mentioned above. Obviously what these kids did is borderline psychopathic, and there's only so much wiggle room for discussion before somebody pops their head in and reminds me the thread is about two young adults who brutalized a puppy for kicks, and that shit don't fly.

Except when it does.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Monkeys and apes pulling wings off flies could be explained as curiosity of the concept of flight. It might not necessarily be intended to inflict pain or suffering.

The perception some have of predators toying with prey seems rather unscientific. Part of what makes a successful predator is cautiousness. This could be to wait for the right timing to prevent being bitten, and, or to tire out a prey to curtail the chance of them biting. Young predators will undoubtedly start off as novices, and what might look as prolonged is simply a novice doing their damndest.

People tend to project their mindset and their association with something, for example, some will inaccurately interpret all squeals from a pig as a sound of panic.

Perhaps other species can be as cruel as us. Perhaps. That kind of cruelty, that shit don't fly, I can't imagine an instance when it does. No exceptions.

Last edited by SS-Block; 05-28-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
This thread is irony.
In what way?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
The perception some have of predators toying with prey seems rather unscientific. Part of what makes a successful predator is cautiousness. This could be to wait for the right timing to prevent being bitten, and, or to tire out a prey to curtail the chance of them biting. Young predators will undoubtedly start off as novices, and what might look as prolonged is simply a novice doing their damndest.
Yeah, but then we are getting into semantics where we define cruelty by intention alone. Intention is definitely part of cruelty, but not the whole, right? Suffering is suffering, and causing suffering is causing suffering. Killer whales might be cautious of bodily harm when hunting small seals that can't possibly cause them bodily harm, but their curiosity to nibble on a seal and then let it swim for a time before nibbling on it again and then letting it swim for a time before nibbling on it again doesn't make a difference to the seal, which is just as traumatized when you are talking about measures of blood pressure as a puppy our psychopaths kick a few times, then watch limp away, kick a few more times, then watch limp farther away, then kick it to death because they have gotten bored watching it limp away.

You are talking about people humanizing animals to their intentions, but you also have people in-humanizing each other of their intentions, because 'intentions' are our intellectual bread and butter. We don't dignify a person able to kick a dog to death out of 'boredom' or 'curiosity', yet we often dignify animals with those intentions, as if suggesting our own intentions and interests in death are usually more insidious. Maybe they are. But at the end of the day, pain is pain, suffering is suffering, and intentions don't matter to the suffered (only to the likelihood of the how often, and under what circumstances, the life form causing the suffering might do so).

... and none of this is to excuse two guys killing a puppy, or anything.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:48 PM
IIf a dangerous animal or person was threatening my life, I would surely not hestitate to try and defend myself, violently if needed. Irrespective of the pain caused, I wouldn't define it as cruel.

I confess to being rather ignorant of some spiders. If I saw a spider which I felt was dangerous, but lets say unbeknown to me at the time the spider was harmless, and i've gone to kill it, I wouldn't define that as cruelty. Its a tragic example of a misunderstanding, albeit with the intention of survival.

These young adults who tortured that pup weren't ignorant of the body language of a perceived dangerous dog, and they weren't confronted by an actual dangerous dog. There was no ignorance in perceiving a threat, and no actual threat. They killed not out of survival. They tortured, and prolonged the pain of that little dog.

This is how I define cruelty, to intend to kill without legitimate cause or perceived legitimate cause tantamount to survival, and also any instance of torture. Torture is always cruel.

Your guess is as good as mine on the intentions of Killer Whales. The following excerpt from wikipedia's article is also an unscientific guess based upon behavioural patterns. Do they prolong the hunt to avoid injury, or is it out of cruelty? I suspect we'll never know for sure.

Quote:
Adult bull sperm whales, which are large, powerful and aggressive when threatened, and fully grown adult blue whales, who are possibly too large to overwhelm, are not believed to be predated by killer whales.[87]

Other marine mammal prey species include nearly 20 species of seal, sea lion and fur seal. Walruses and sea otters are less frequently taken. Often, to avoid injury, killer whales disable their prey before killing and eating it. This may involve throwing it in the air, slapping it with their tails, ramming it, or breaching and landing on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Updated: Puppy death case bound over to GJ

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=71736

Well these 2 pieces of shit will now be arraigned with felony counts instead of misdemeanors on September 10th, 2012. They have a curfew 8pm - 7am 7 days a week, have to be in the presence of there legal guardian, and are not allowed to come in contact of or own any pets. 1 is getting counseling while the other is trying to get it. ....Scumbags

Human population just keeps growing and producing subhuman wastes of oxygen sacks of smegma and shit like these 2 but it's cool. Why isn't Drew Carey saying at the end of price is right episodes have yourselves and children spaid and neutered? I'll be honest if I could save someones pet or child from a burning car or building lol I am saving the pet.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClu30 View Post
Why isn't Drew Carey saying at the end of price is right episodes have yourselves and children spaid and neutered? I'll be honest if I could save someones pet or child from a burning car or building lol I am saving the pet.

Indeed.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:

Well these 2 pieces of shit will now be arraigned with felony counts instead of misdemeanors on September 10th, 2012. They have a curfew 8pm - 7am 7 days a week, have to be in the presence of there legal guardian, and are not allowed to come in contact of or own any pets. 1 is getting counseling while the other is trying to get it. ....Scumbags

Human population just keeps growing and producing subhuman wastes of oxygen sacks of smegma and shit like these 2 but it's cool. Why isn't Drew Carey saying at the end of price is right episodes have yourselves and children spaid and neutered? I'll be honest if I could save someones pet or child from a burning car or building lol I am saving the pet.
RAAAAAAAAHHHHH RARGLE GARGLE BARGLE
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:

Thank fucking god. If I had a lot of money and had my way, the police would find them..well, let's just say that it'll be Flowers of Flesh and Blood all over again, except they would be awake.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
apparently they are 18 and 19, ruling out the possible impression of boys being boys.
In what universe is torturing and killing a puppy considered "boys being boys"?

Quote:
RAAAAAAAAHHHHH RARGLE GARGLE BARGLE
Quote:
[/Harry Callahan voice]
Quote:
RRRAAAAAARRRRRR OUTRRAAAAAGGGEEEE
So, killing and torturing animals is not a big deal to you... or what?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
So, killing and torturing animals is not a big deal to you... or what?
I'm just amused by this primitive, "HANGIN'S TOO GOOD FOR EM" attitude that stories like these bring out in people.

Last edited by Squid Vicious; 06-24-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
I'm just amused by this primitive, "HANGIN'S TOO GOOD FOR EM" attitude that stories like these bring out in people.
Well, it's more of the innocent and defenseless being tortured and killed. Plus, people like me who love animals more than most humans get very upset by this, and the natural human response is anger. Just because the intellectual side of me knows that killing these kids or hurting them is not the civilized thing to do, the more visceral and instinctual part of me would love to savagely beat and murder these kids and people like them.

Plus this is the internet where we feel more empowered to express certain feeling that we wouldn't in everyday life.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 PM
These types of stories make me feel uncomfortably helpless and pissed off. I dont understand how anyone could do this shit. Just thinking of the cries from the helpless animals is enough to make me sick to my stomach and want to cry every time one of these stories comes around.

I cant read the actual story, but I read the posts... and it makes me feel all of these things and then some. Punish these assholes, and punish them hard!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
In what universe is torturing and killing a puppy considered "boys being boys"?
I'm pretty sure he means that their age rules out how some otherwise normal kids (under 15/16) can be excused for horrific behavior on the grounds of them being just dumb kids. I know a few guys who fired pellet guns at cats and the like while in school and now regret their behavior. On the other hand if someone is 18/19 already and are engaging in this level of sadism, that's a sign that somethings fucked up.