Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
TomKat No More

http://todayentertainment.today.msnb...divorcing?lite

Quote:
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing

By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce after five years of marriage, People Magazine is reporting.

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe told the magazine. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

Daughter Suri is 6. Cruise, 49, and Holmes, 33, wed in the 15th-century Odescalchi Castle outside of Rome in 2006. He had proposed at the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise drew media headlines in May 2005 when he declared his love for Holmes and famously jumped on a couch on the set of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

Early in their courtship, Holmes revealed that Cruise was her first celebrity crush, and she started pining away for him in 1983 when she was four years old and saw him in “Risky Business."

Cruise was married twice before, to actresses Nicole Kidman and Mimi Rogers. It was Holmes' first marriage.

Cruise will turn 50 on July 3.
I just hoped they were going to live happily ever after.

Katie has hit that female wall for actresses, but I would still go for her. Maybe she can lower her standards for a married guy with much less money. Oh wait, I am married. Maybe I can talk my wife into sharing.

Last edited by Erroneous; 06-29-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Hope there was a prenup lol.

It's a shame really, but can't help but feel it was nothing more than infatuation/puppy love from the start.

Wish them both the best.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Katie reportedly said:

Quote:
Can we please go back in time 5 years and re-film The Dark Knight?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It's a shame really, but can't help but feel it was nothing more than infatuation/puppy love from the start.
That's kinda how I saw it as well.

It reminds me of this guy I work with who just obsesses over his girlfriend. He proposed after just a few months of dating and comes off as someone in constant fear that she will dump him - like he can't get over that "OMG, I'm actually dating this hot girl" phase.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I probably shouldn't be surprised but I actually am. I actually thought these two seemed to be solid. This divorce just sort of came out of nowhere. Then again, the same I think was true of Tom's divorce with Nicole.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Time for a new beard, eh, Tommy? I wonder which B-list ingenue he'll approach next.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I like Tom, but 3 divorces is pretty bad. It's not uncommon I guess for actresses, but you don't really see actors going through 3 divorces.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 PM
It feels like she's been locked away in the darkest, deepest wing of Cruise's mansion and let out only long enough to make a movie that is non-threatening to Tom's career. She's just stuck in the dark shadows, raising Tom's female protege, perhaps so Tom and her can take over the world.

I hope she DIDN'T sign a prenup. That'd be hilarious, 'cause you wouldn't see Tom jumping on couches THEN!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Well l did comment about this in another thread and l might as well put it here

Instead of rewriting it

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146132

Here is my comment on the subject and l did have a few things to say grins

Ah so they call Tom Criuse Tom cat in America that is why l mistook your thread for something else should ahve looked in the thread outside it grins

Last edited by Bondgirl; 06-29-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 PM
feeling vry bad.hope Tom comes out of this soon
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Apparently Kat asked for a divorce only because she feared that Suri may be Scientology-ed.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM

vry bad for katie to miss him.even katie isnt luckycharm for Tom.he faced lower phase in his career after his marriage with her.hope Tom gets a better lady in his life in few days .with whom do u want to see Tom ?any favourite picks?!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
feeling vry bad.hope Tom comes out of this soon
I am not feeling sorry for Tom Cruise

He had three wonderful women who wanted him and married him over time

But he was a dropkick and way to much into his religion than to worry about the wife he had

I am glad she left him and at least she can go back to a normal life
Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
vry bad for katie to miss him.even katie isnt luckycharm for Tom.he faced lower phase in his career after his marriage with her.hope Tom gets a better lady in his life in few days .with whom do u want to see Tom ?any favourite picks?!

I think Tom was very lucky to have Kate he was the one who blew it not her

Also she didnt distroy Toms career he did it himself with not picking good movie scripts
Old 06-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Don't those three women in Tom's life know abt his religion when they were in relationship with him prior to marriage?can't they realise how it would be,if they marry him?cant katie realise the reason y tom&nicole divorced ? how can u say that he is too much into his religion-is he doin huge campaigning for that or had he done any scientology propaganda film?divorces r vry common among celebs.recent case is johnny depp.Leo dicaprio,George clooney hav been in relationship with numerous women.does that imply something wrong with them/their religion when they brokeup with them? why everybody weirded out abt Tom's religion? It cured his dyslexia thats why he believes in it.everybody believes in some religion.how do u feel if atheists weird out abt people who believe in a religion/god(which doesnt exist according to atheists)?do u agree if atheists call theists as nuts?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Apparently Kat asked for a divorce only because she feared that Suri may be Scientology-ed.
Looking out for her kid? I think she's a horrible actress but a choice like this makes her a good mom.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Just to let everybody know who doesn't, Mimi Rogers was the one who introduced Tom to Scientology, but I've read that she left some time ago.

I'm not sure what happened with that marriage, but I know Kidman has spoken out about theirs.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Really? I heard it was because Katie found out Tom had been in A Few Good Men.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Ouch, that one hurts me, mainly cuz that is in the top 2 for me in terms of all time favorite movies!! Not even like, Far & Away or even Rock of Ages... A Few Good Men?! How come you don't like it if I may ask?

I can appreciate Katie leaving Cruise because she didnt want Scientology to be forced down her daughters throat. That is a respectable reason.

Do any of you think that Cruise may one day leave Scientology?? Cause it seems to be doing his life more harm then good? I don't think he will, but it really seems that Scientology causes more harm, even in terms of Travolta and what happened to his son.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Ouch, that one hurts me, mainly cuz that is in the top 2 for me in terms of all time favorite movies!! Not even like, Far & Away or even Rock of Ages... A Few Good Men?! How come you don't like it if I may ask?
Explained, thus no longer funny, but...

It was a play on words, not referring to the Rob Reiner movie but rather Tom's alleged and widely unofficially acknowledged homosexuality.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:

It was a play on words, not referring to the Rob Reiner movie but rather Tom's alleged and widely unofficially acknowledged homosexuality.
Well Quentin, it seemed SkyNet had his Eyes Wide Shut on that one!.....
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Quentin:

Zing

Mr.HyDe807:

and... zing
Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Never has a thread dealing with divorce brought me so much personal joy. Cheers QUENTIN and Mr.HyDe807

P.S. - I think we should keep the zingers coming.

Here...

Seems like for Tom Cruise staying married really is Mission: Impossible.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
Never has a thread dealing with divorce brought me so much personal joy. Cheers QUENTIN and Mr.HyDe807

P.S. - I think we should keep the zingers coming.

Here...

Seems like for Tom Cruise staying married really is Mission: Impossible.
*Gene Shalit voice*

Well I guess we can bring out the trumpet and play TAPS for this marriage. A Hollywood marriage is a RISKY BUSINESS and if you don't make ALL THE RIGHT MOVES, the significant other will be looking for THE COLOR OF MONEY.

LEGEND has it, John Travolta has his plane all gassed up and ready to go FAR AND AWAY to console Tom. Travolta hopes to have this consolation BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY (this Wednesday) and continue on for at least 5 days. Cruise has reportedly been seen doing exercises to prepare himself for these upcoming 5 DAYS OF THUNDER. Sources say Travolta will keep Cruise "as close as possible" and play friendly games in which Tom will keep his EYES WIDE SHUT while Travolta "jokingly dances nude" to Def Leppards big hit ROCK OF AGES while Tom "playfully tickles John with a MAGNOLIA flower right on his COCKTAIL, or as Tom affectionately calls it....THE FIRM".

Last edited by Cunning Visions; 06-30-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Old 06-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I really don't believe the rumors that Cruise is gay. Never have and unless Cruise himself ever comes out of the closet, never will.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I really don't believe the rumors that Cruise is gay. Never have and unless Cruise himself ever comes out of the closet, never will.
It was a stupid joke started years ago among the gay community as a sort of wishful thinking gag that has been dragged into the mainstream, beaten to death, and is no longer funny (not that it ever was meant to be).
Old 07-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:

OHHHH FUCK ME!!!! I can not believe I didn't pick up on that one! Forgive me please for being a complete dunce! I seriously can't believe I didn't read between the lines there!

That is my fault, I hang my head in utter shame that I didnt pick up on that! (and well played Mr. Hyde.. that Liar Liar pic solidifies it!!)

That joke was as clear as KNIGHT AND DAY! (Im trying my hardest here!!)

Last edited by SkyNet; 07-01-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Good for her! Maybe she'll win an Oscar like Nicole & Penelope did after their breakups with Cruise! I love how Scientology is taking all these hits now via their celeb members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
TMZ is reporting that Katie believes she is being followed by Scientologist agents.
I wouldn't doubt it for a second! They're a cult...like the elderly...or the homeless! HaHaHa!

Last edited by Antonio141; 07-02-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Oh God, lol this reminds me immediately of this
Old 07-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
You mean these?

Last edited by Digifruitella; 07-05-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
TMZ is reporting that Katie believes she is being followed by Scientologist agents. Giving the story a bit more credibility, even the paparazzi who are assigned to watching her have said that they have seen the same car(s) and men in the area, circling around and then disappearing. Supposedly, stalking and harassment of ex-members and those viewed as a thread are the standard M.O. of Scientology.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
TMZ is reporting that Katie believes she is being followed by Scientologist agents. Giving the story a bit more credibility, even the paparazzi who are assigned to watching her have said that they have seen the same car(s) and men in the area, circling around and then disappearing. Supposedly, stalking and harassment of ex-members and those viewed as a thread are the standard M.O. of Scientology.
Interesting. I guess we now know who watches the watchmen.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Don't those three women in Tom's life know abt his religion when they were in relationship with him prior to marriage?can't they realise how it would be,if they marry him?cant katie realise the reason y tom&nicole divorced ? how can u say that he is too much into his religion-is he doin huge campaigning for that or had he done any scientology propaganda film?divorces r vry common among celebs.recent case is johnny depp.Leo dicaprio,George clooney hav been in relationship with numerous women.does that imply something wrong with them/their religion when they brokeup with them? why everybody weirded out abt Tom's religion? It cured his dyslexia thats why he believes in it.everybody believes in some religion.how do u feel if atheists weird out abt people who believe in a religion/god(which doesnt exist according to atheists)?do u agree if atheists call theists as nuts?
Of cause the three women he married knew about his religion but l think that didnt realized how involved he was in it

There was also a report that katie is going for sole custerdy of her daughter
Tom is going for joint custordy

I just think that Katie did love Tom but not the life with the church

it showed after she married him she became withdrawn and also cut off her beautiful hair
I think that she doesnt want her daughter invloved in this religion like alot of religions they draw you in and sometimes you are not sure how to get out of it

I am so glad she had the sence to get out of it and hope in the future that her daughter in not involved to much with the religion
Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
He may not be gay, but he sure needs to work on his kissing skills with women.

Quote:
While shooting the second Mission Impossible film back in 2000, Thandie Newton didn't exactly enjoy her make-out scenes with Tom Cruise. "Kissing Tom Cruise was slightly icky and sort of wet," Newton explained. "I'd really go home at the end of the day actually moaning about...how many times we had to do it."
Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Visions View Post
*Gene Shalit voice*

Well I guess we can bring out the trumpet and play TAPS for this marriage. A Hollywood marriage is a RISKY BUSINESS and if you don't make ALL THE RIGHT MOVES, the significant other will be looking for THE COLOR OF MONEY.

LEGEND has it, John Travolta has his plane all gassed up and ready to go FAR AND AWAY to console Tom. Travolta hopes to have this consolation BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY (this Wednesday) and continue on for at least 5 days. Cruise has reportedly been seen doing exercises to prepare himself for these upcoming 5 DAYS OF THUNDER. Sources say Travolta will keep Cruise "as close as possible" and play friendly games in which Tom will keep his EYES WIDE SHUT while Travolta "jokingly dances nude" to Def Leppards big hit ROCK OF AGES while Tom "playfully tickles John with a MAGNOLIA flower right on his COCKTAIL, or as Tom affectionately calls it....THE FIRM".

Nicely done.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Visions View Post
*Gene Shalit voice*

well played
Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Tom Cruise will never leave scientology, it's great for your career and essentially a cult that does whatever it can to discredit you if you try to leave. Look at what's happening with John Travolta right now. Cruise and Travolta are most likely gay. Scientology has a program that "cures" homosexuality and then sets you up with a young startlet. Anybody that tries to leave Scientology gets publicly smeared with whatever black-mail material the organization has been saving up for just such an occasion. This is what's happening to Travolta now, and may happen to Holmes in the near future.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it seems like a lot of you guys are seriously underestimating the power and influence that an organization like Scientology has. It may not be as nefarious as the Catholic Church, but it's extremely powerful in Hollywood and has some shady ties. Perhaps PTA's new film The Master will shed some light on the situation.

Last edited by DaveyJoeG; 07-02-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Travolta is trying to leave Scientology?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I feel bad for Tom Cruise only because it's effortless to make him look like some kind of fucking weirdo. Plenty of people have said throughout his career that he's a pleasure to work with, and the nicest guy to all the film crew. He's probably not a drug addict, probably respects women, and he's a gracious individual. Pretty squeaky clean.

Katie, isn't that great an actress, but will undoubtedly benefit from the exposure of the divorce. All she has to do it put on a sad face and some big old Jackie O glasses, and all of a sudden you'd think she was being abused.

From what I recall his career took the dive when he started professing his love to her. She's gone now and he's got an awesome lineup of movies coming out. Things are returning to their proper order.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Does this mean Holmes will no longer be a scientologist, now that she's leaving Tommy-boy?