Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
This is going to come of racist, but I don't care. As a person who has been to 40 something of the 50 states, I will say that African Americans from Maryland seem to have their shit together much better than other African Americans around the country. Mixed relationships are openingly accepted there. Maryland seems like one of the better states for race relations.
I wonder why Maryland is like this while other states struggle with crime and other things

Is Maryland more upmarket in class

I know l have watched a few shows where the black people seem to be always in trouble also they are targeted because of there colour too

You alos see where some of the african americans live and quite afew are struggling to survivie while whites seem to be better off in alot of areas

Also l remember when they had the hurricane in a black area
I can not rember the name of the state but l know help was not given to the blacks straight away while if you were white you would ahve had help

The hurricane happened when president bush was in power

I found that he didnt care less about the black people when they were getting flooded out

Last edited by Bondgirl; 07-11-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I wonder why Maryland is like this while other states struggle with crime and other things

Is Maryland more upmarket in class

I know l have watched a few shows where the black people seem to be always in trouble also they are targeted because of there colour too

You alos see where some of the african americans live and quite afew are struggling to survivie while whites seem to be better off in alot of areas

Also l remember when they had the hurricane in a black area
I can not rember the name of the state but l know help was not given to the blacks straight away while if you were white you would ahve had help

The hurricane happened when president bush was in power

I found that he didnt care less about the black people when they were getting flooded out

It was hurricane Kitrina.

Maryland has a lot of shitty areas too, but most of the state does ok. It helps that DC has a lot of issues that do not count against Maryland. Baltimore seems to be most of the issue. I don't know why. I have heard some things, but I rather not say because it is second hand info.

A lot of people blame Bush for the aftermath of Katrina. He is the man at the top, so that is what happens when you are the boss, but most of it was really out of his hands. It is not like he said, "Fuck those people in Louisianna, Alabama and Mississippi." People were told to evacuate huge sections around the coastline, because Katrina was going to be a huge mess, but the hurricane developed quickly and late in the last 24 hrs before hitting land. Many people (20%) did not leave New Orleans and were trapped. The biggest problem was the surge of the storm, which overwhelmed the levees that protected the city from storms and floods. The leeves did not last more than a couple hours and that is why a large percent of the city flooded. It does not help that pretty much the whole city is below sea level. After the hurricane, pretty much everyone dropped the ball. There are a lot of valid excuses, but the bottom line is there were a lot of people who did not do the best job they could have and people suffered because of it. New Orleans and that who area is over 50% black.

To me, it is all about water. Water makes everything harder. Harder to make movies. Harder to help people in need. Anytime water is involved there are problems.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
He has a point. And I'm sure his "Guatemalan house staff" gets well paid and at least they don't get whipped.