Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
The Campaign

Political comedy starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis

Also Stars - Jason Sudeikis, Dylan McDermott, Brian Cox, John Lithgow, and Dan Aykroyd.

Plot - The film centers on an incumbent candidate Cam Brady (Ferrell) who doesn’t expect to be opposed in his run for a fifth-term, but he finds an unexpected challenger in the unassuming and dim-witted Marty Huggins (Galifianakis).

Trailer - http://bit.ly/K28qLB
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM
A few funny bits and quite a few that fell flat. Could be alright, but I wish it was a bit edgier.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
A few funny bits and quite a few that fell flat. Could be alright, but I wish it was a bit edgier.
Having a 12 year old say "I let the billy goat like my pee pee" is not edgy enough for you? WOW, and I thought I was jaded.

Agree with you on the humor though, first 30 secs of the trailer didn't do anything for me but then it got rolling and I laughed quite a bit. The above mentioned billy goat line was very sick but very funny.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 AM
The clip of Will Farrell trying to punch Zach Galifianackis and Galifianackis ducking and Farrell hitting the baby in the face instead, I nearly died of laughter. I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud and hard as I did during that moment.

Looks great. There are some great looking comedies coming out this summer, but I think this might be the one I'm looking forward to most.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 AM
I didn't like that as much as I hoped. Ending was hilarious, though.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 AM
I am really hoping this is Rated R. The trailer looks like it will be fairly comical due to the 2 leads being comical people, but it looks like it could be a watered down premise filled script that is light on laughs. If it is R, i feel it will appease me more in that it seems like it at least was going out and making an R rated comedy and nto a watered down PG13 movie.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
"Here is a communist manifesto called Rainbow Land"

Bahaha. These recent TV spots have been cracking me up. It looks like it has a little bite. Quite looking forward to this now (the hard R rating also helps).
Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Looks funny. I will look for it in Red Box in a few months.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Is the R rating comfirmed? I just saw the commercial on tv and it still didn't have a rating.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Is the R rating comfirmed? I just saw the commercial on tv and it still didn't have a rating.
I heard from someone who saw it that it is a hard R.