Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Please take a sec to look at my indiegogo documentary campaign

Hey!

I'm trying to raise funds for a documentary feature through indiegogo, and I was hoping that some of you would be willing to a) check out the campaign page and thus contribute to a higher "gogo-factor," and b) give me some feedback. Feel free to be as blunt, mean / whatever as you want. If there's something on that page that sticks out in a bad way, I'd like to know--I can't change my serial killer appearance, though.

Link: Deleted due to abandonment of indiegogo channel of funding.

Also, if you have any questions about the topic itself, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited by BooTheBadManIntoTheDepthsOfHell; 07-27-2012 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Seeking new avenue of funding
Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Your updates

I have to say Michael your updates are not working to help potential investors come on board. You also need to build up your profile right now you have: I'm a Swedish director / screenwriter who makes - well, tries to make - films which have something to say... This statement alone will make potential investors wonder what your qualifications as a filmmaker are and why they should invest in you.

You need to build up your profile and have some links to your past films - if you have that. I cannot claim to be an expert at this, our Kickstarter isn't doing so hot right now but we have 18days left and we are not planning to stop pushing, and you still have 34days left.

Finally, Indegogo has been getting a bad reputation of late because too many people who choose flexible campaigns, and when they do not reach their goal, their investors still end up shelling $$$ out of their pockets, but the only thing they have to show from it is the loss of their money. I have seen it first hand where someone will say do a 10K campaign, they collect 2K, and then they are like - sorry we didn't collect enough to make this happen, but we'll make good use of your donations. This just leaves donors thinking WTF. Because of this I do not ever invest into flexible platforms - I even told a friend who is planning on using Indegogo for his project, that if he does not select a fixed platform that I will not invest in it.

Just my 2 cents, so in case it doesn't work out this time, maybe you can do a relaunch with videos and such. Also - make sure your project is properly budgeted and that the number you have reached is not just some nebulous total.

Keep pushing!
JB

Last edited by perfectworldpictures; 07-25-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually exploring a different venue of funding atm, but I consider all of your points legitimate.