Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2003, 09:28 PM
The serial killer who fascinates me the most is definitely Dean Corrl.

Information from here.

DEAN CORRL, THE CANDYMAN

A 33-year-old Houston electrician whose mass murder of boys was brought to light when he was shot dead by an accomplice.

On 8 August 1973 the 18-year-old Wayne Henley told the police that he had killed Corll in his house at Pasadena. Corll, a homosexual with sadistic tastes, had been shot 6 times with a .22 pistol. His house had a torture room in which the furniture consisted of a wooden board with handcuffs fitted at each corner.

Henley told of Corll’s dope parties, and how he sodomized boys on his torture board before killing them. Reference to the names of two boys known to be missing led the police to a boat-shed rented by Corll in Houston. The bodies of seventeen boys were recovered from under the floor of the shed, and ten more were found at two other burial sites. These corpses represented the largest mass murder in America’s history at that time.

Henley said that Corll, whom he had known for about two years, paid him $200 a head to procure boys for him. Corll loved to play with children; he took them for rides in his van and gave them candy. He was known as ‘a real good neighbour and a real good guy’.

Corll arranged children’s parties to help him and his accomplices, Henley and another youth, set up prospective victims for his torture room. He strangled and shot the boys, after indulging in sexual abuse and mutilation. But the murder mill ground to a halt in Pasadena, when Corll lost his domination over his procurers and was shot dead by Henley. Henley told how after a dope session with Corll woke up on the torture board, he talked his way out and when released, he shot Corll dead.

Wayne Henley, who admitted killing some of the victims, was tried for murder in July 1974. Found guilty, he was sentenced to six 99-year terms of imprisonment. His killing of Dean Corll was judged to be a justifiable homicide.

The whole story can be found
here.

The reason he fascinates me the most is partly due to the fact that he lived in Pasadena, TX, in a house I used to be driven by on my way to elementary school everyday, but also because of how unknown he is, despite having murdered twenty-seven teenage boys. He really was a real sick bastard, but hardly anyone knows who he is.

Last edited by Termen Traub; 09-21-2003 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-22-2003, 10:39 AM
It's hard to choose which one so I've got one for each gender.

Female - Elizabeth Bathory
Male - Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffery Dahmer gets honorable mention.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Rather than say they were my 'favorite', I'd rather say that I found the case interesting, in that I wanted to know what made them tick. Kinda psychological, I know. For that, I'd have to say The Night Stalker himself, Richard Ramirez was the one I found to be the most interesting.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:36 PM
I was in High School when the Night Stalker was on the prowl. In fact just a few miles from my house something really f*'ing scary happened. A dude killed his mom and his dad found out about it. They both told police it was the Night Stalker. For a few days or weeks (I can't remember, seemed like weeks) we all thought that the Night Stalker was now in our neighborhood...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:09 AM
night stalker= richard remeriez
check out crimelibrary.com for pictures..he was a sick man
Old 09-23-2003, 10:12 AM
ive also done alot on coumbine..they searched eric harris's journal and found this quote on the last page

"do not blame ur kids on this, dont blame our parents, do not blame drugs or f*cking video game violence, but blame the teachers because they never taught your children how to accept what is different

<shiver>
Old 09-23-2003, 10:06 PM
the sickest and most perverse serial killer you will ever hear of is Albert Fish, im not even gonna say all the weird shit he did, i'd recommend doing a little research about him if your in to that kinda stuff...this dude was THROWED OFF!
Old 09-30-2003, 03:38 PM
I onced watched the Ed Gein movie, and it got me interested in this subject of serial killers. So I bought meself The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. Interesting read. Let me tell you some of the ones that really struck me as that...

Well of course Gein himself. His strange obsession with his dead mother was odd to say the least(I believe I read that he masturbated to her corpse ). Not too mention his "furniture". I don't feel like listing the kind of crap he did. It's just plain nasty...

And then there's Edmund Kemper. I find him fascinating if only for the words: "I just wondered how it would feel to shoot Grandma..."

The Zodiac Killer is by far the most intriguing of them all. Especially the way he taunted the police and newspapers with his threatening letters. He threatened to blow up a school bus full of children at one point. I believe they had squad cars following each bus the day he said he would. He never did, and that's something I find fascinating. He was practically able to manipulate the whole of San Francisco with fear...

Then there's Mark "Chopper" Read. I imagine his books would be quite a read indeed. I've seen the movie Chopper(quite good, actually. If you haven't seen it, do so. Eric Bana gives a helluva performance) and that's what got me curious about him. If I see the books, I'll probably pick 'em up...

If it's numbers you're lookin' for, check out the Sons of Death. A giganytic cult from India. In their 600 years in "business", they kilkled two to four million people, with 40,00 murders in 1812 alone. One member in particular, by the name of Buhram, confessed to 931 murders...
Old 09-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Gilles de Rais

Sicker than Henry Lee Lucas, Ottis Toole, Jack the Ripper.... hell, I find him sicker than Vlad "Dracul" Tepes himself

funny thing about this one, in the recent Joan of Arc movie with Milla Jovovich, he's a good guy.

The sickest man ever
Old 09-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Jeffery Dahmer
Jack the ripper( i named my hamster after him)
zodiac killer
Old 09-30-2003, 05:50 PM
favorite serial kiler

WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE TEXARKANA PHANTOM! Really creepy attacks, and they never found him..(supposedly it was someone named Swinney, but I don't believe it! He's still out there!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 04:05 PM

Awesome topic! I love doing research on Serial Killers. For number 1, I would say Charles Manson. Second Richard "Night Stalker" Ramirez. He has the best taste in music! Runners Up (in no order) :

Ed Gein
Jack The Ripper
Jeffey Dahmer
The Zodiac Killer
Ted Bundy
John Wayne Gacy
Son of Sam
Andre Chikatio(spell?)
Albert Fist
The Black Dahilia Murderer (great band also)
Old 10-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Re: Your favorite real-life serial killer

Quote:
Originally posted by SonnyVanHelsing
This thread is simply in the interest of good dark humor.... I do not condone, like or admire real life serial killers and killings, and very much support victims' rights.

Now then: PC disclaimer aside, who is your favorite real life killer? Be it Lizzie Borden or Jeffrey Dahmer, let's hear about it.

Me, I'd have to go with The King himself, good ol' Helter Skelter: Charlie.
Charles Manson isn't the King of serial killers! In reality it was his group of acid dropping lackey's that killed everyone. You want the REAL king, try Jack the Ripper.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
yeah Hannibal, i also share your morbid fascination w/ learning about serial killers...but Charles Manson? he didnt even kill anyone

im telling ya'll..Albert Fish was the FREAK
Old 10-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Not as big a freak as Jeff Dahmer. You do have to feel sorry for the guy in some respects. He grew up in a broken home and wasn't really educated properly in his sexual identity. To say that he was justified in killing those people is totally wrong. The man certainly deserved his sentence, and those victims' families didn't deserve to have these crimes upon them.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Termen Traub
The serial killer who fascinates me the most is definitely Dean Corrl.

Information from here.

DEAN CORRL, THE CANDYMAN

A 33-year-old Houston electrician whose mass murder of boys was brought to light when he was shot dead by an accomplice.

The whole story can be found
here.

ok, was this the guy that inspired the Siouxie & the Banshees song Candyman from the Tinderbox album 1986? Sounds familiar.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:58 AM
lol did u know that when gacy was under suspicion and they had cops follow them, he actually invited his cops into his house for dinner and such....and also when they started discovering the bodies under the house. john threw a fit saying that he wouldnt cooperate with the cops anymore cuz they were making his house dirty, he tried to kick em out lol....
Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 PM

If you're interested in Charles Manson check out: http://www.dearmrgacy.com/charles-ma...orrespondence/

For the upcoming film to be released in Spring 2010 "Dear Mr Gacy" we have collected exclusive drawings, photos, and letters from Jason Moss's correspondence with James Gacy, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ramirez. We have exclusive content for the film online at http://dearmrgacy.com/themovie (check out the teaser and 3 exclusive clips from the film.) If you like the film and want to stay up-to-date friend Dear Mr Gacy on Facebook at http://facebook.com/dearmrgacy. Enjoy!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
If you're interested in Jeffrey Dahmer check out: http://www.dearmrgacy.com/jeffrey-da...orrespondence/

For the upcoming film to be released in Spring 2010 "Dear Mr Gacy" we have collected exclusive drawings, photos, and letters from Jason Moss's correspondence with James Gacy, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ramirez. We have exclusive content for the film online at http://dearmrgacy.com/themovie (check out the teaser and 3 exclusive clips from the film.) If you like the film and want to stay up-to-date friend Dear Mr Gacy on Facebook at http://facebook.com/dearmrgacy. Enjoy! Let us know your feedback & thoughts on the movie & exclusive content!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Check out some exclusive content of Ramirez and his correspondence with Jason Moss who unfortunately took his own life on 6/6/06. http://www.dearmrgacy.com/richard-ra...orrespondence/

Exclusive drawings from Ramirez, letters between Ramirez & Moss, and letters and drawings from Dahmer, Gacy, and Manson.

This is for the upcoming film to be released in Spring 2010 "Dear Mr Gacy" based on Jaosn Moss's book: "The Last Victim" http://www.dearmrgacy.com/themovie/t...by-jason-moss/ You can find more out about the movie online at http://dearmrgacy.com/themovie and if you're interested in hearing more reply to the post here, or become a fan on Facebook at http://facebook.com/dearmrgacy
Old 02-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Manson is king??? Please!!!

Jack the Ripper.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
Rather than say they were my 'favorite', I'd rather say that I found the case interesting, in that I wanted to know what made them tick. Kinda psychological, I know. For that, I'd have to say The Night Stalker himself, Richard Ramirez was the one I found to be the most interesting.

Actually, Ramirez was the 2nd serial killer in California to be named "The Night Stalker"....they never caught the original one. He was first known as the East Area rapist and then was linked through DNA I believe to several killings...mostly of couples as they slept...later on. He was one of the only ones to really give me the creeps. Mainly because they never caught him and also because he would call his rape victims and harass them afterward. This site here is all about him.......can you imagine coming home after being raped and hearing THAT on your answering machine????

http://www.ear-ons.com/index2.html

As for a fav.....I pretty much watch or read about everyone of them so no real favorites. The crime scene photos are disturbing for most of them, there was a pretty disgusting one of a victim of The Hillside Stranglers that showed a totally hatred for women.

Jeffery Dahmer being murdered in prison kind of bummed me out just because he wanted to know why he was the way he was as bad as anyone else and was willing to talk to therapists and profilers, etc. It's rare where they are so willing to help discover what makes them tick and say "Here, learn from me."

Of course Ed Gein and the nipple belt always gets me..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 AM
TED BUNDY!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Dahmer.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I won't pick a "favorite" because its a little to morbid for my taste though I do share a fascination how a human beings can do this to each other for almost no reason at all. Its not like hate is a driving factor, I guess some cases its more misdirected hate.

Anyways here is a list of the top 10 most unknown killers from askmen.com.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/enterta...l-killers.html
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Dennis Rader aka BTK Killer

I remember doing a report on him in high school (pyschology) and finding out that they still haven't caught him yet. I had the tv on finishing up the last part of the report, and then news came up that he had been caught. If you go on youtube and type BTK confessions, they are really disturbing as he shows no remorse and even laughs about killing his victims.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Ed Gein
Zodiac killer
Richard Ramirez
David Berkowitz
Old 03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
While I do find the minds of serial killers morbidly fascinating,(why they do what they do, etc.) I tend to follow unsolved serial cases more. The most infamous one is of course, Jack the Ripper, but here in Cleveland, we have someone called the "Torso Killer" or "The Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run." It's a chilling story, and a case that even the famous Eliot Ness(he was the Safety Director here at the time) could not solve. This unknown suspect is credited with killing (and sometimes dismembering and beheading) 12 people, both men and women, although he may have killed more. In some cases, only the torso was found. This happened in the mid to late 30's, although some of the murders may have happened later. There were two main suspects in the investigation, but the first one didn't pan out, according to Ness. The second, more interesting one, was a doctor(Sweeney was his name, I think) but he voluntarily admitted himself into a mental hospital, where he later died. While he was in different mental hospitals, it was said that he repeatedly taunted Eliot Ness through letters. Creepy stuff.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:52 AM
hard 1, but ed gein
Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM
My choice is The Iceman Richard Kuklinski. True he was a mob hitman and was paid for some of his killings, he would also just try weapons and methods on random people. For instance he was sitting in his car and called some guy over to his car and shot and killed the guy with a crossbow. He was known for using cyanide, knives, chainsaws, and firearms.
Brutality and torture would often precede death for many of his victims. This included his own description of causing his victims to bleed, then tying them up in rat infested areas. The rats, attracted to the smell of blood would eventually eat the men alive. Claimed to have killed over 200 people and also claimed to have helped with making Jimmy Hoffa "disappear".
Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIN_LoJ View Post
What about good ol' Henry, who inspired the movie Henry: Portrait of a serial killer? In real life they think he killed over 300 people
No he did not. He was a compulsive/pathological liar. This isn't John Gotti's hitman you're talking about, It's a white trash halfwit drifter who somehow survived the wrath of his mother's coat hanger during pregnancy. She should have gone with the flight of stairs approach; harder to miss.

I think the more fucked up a serial killer is the more interesting he is. So I'd have to go with Jack The Ripper(cutting out womans sex organs and keeping them as trophy's. Majorly fucked up. Goes beyond any kind of psychiatric treatment. Just an off the wall crazy fuck. Albert Fish(admittedly killed and tortured over 400 people. A lie of course. Just like Henry he is considered a liar.)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Jack the Ripper 'cuz how fucking awesome is that nickname. All the other killers have boring names but Jack the Ripper . . . damn son, that's just sick as hell.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
This is a scary thread.

...anywho....it does interest me very much....anybody got any film suggestions? I love Zodiac...
Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClu30 View Post
Claimed to have killed over 200 people and also claimed to have helped with making Jimmy Hoffa "disappear".
and truthfully he probably did do both.

Usually mob guys like hitmen keep track of their body counts. Henry Hill said that these guys were extremely sick they would sit around joking and laughing about all the people they executed comparing the notches on their guns that they marked for every victim.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
This is a scary thread.

...anywho....it does interest me very much....anybody got any film suggestions? I love Zodiac...
Seven
The Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal
Insomnia
(remake)
Psycho
Primal Fear

Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
wait, you's have 'favorite' serial killers ???? seriously?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
Seven
The Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal
Insomnia
(remake)
Psycho
Primal Fear

I've seen all of them except Primal Fear - I'll have to check it out.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Oh god l can not beleive l am posting in here

But l will have to say my favourite seriel killer is Ted Bundy

Not because he killed all those girls it was how intelligent he was

I love the arthor Ann Rule and she was a freind of his before he started on his killing spree she said he did not come across as a killer as we know of him today

he used to help victims who would ring to ask for help and he helped them can you beleive that

But l do condone people who kill and l can not understand why they do this to people or you wonder what triggered it off
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Jack the Ripper

sorry mom
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Not because he killed all those girls it was how intelligent he was
like any crime, usually the smart ones don't get caught