Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 PM
What type of wedding did you have when you married your partner

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...le-get-hitched

Okay there can be all sorts of wedding

But this one here on this link was diffrent

The bride wore a dress a dree from a party store while the groom got his from a local op shop

I for a fact many weddings would not be like thisnoe but these two loved each other and only really wanted to commit to each other than apy out alot of money they couldnt afford

I know in myself l would prefer to dress up in a nice white dress with a nice veil but not many people can do that if you dont have the money in the bank to pay for it

Okay waht type of wedding did you have and what type of theme was it

Did it work out or were there mistakes or ebarrassment during the wedding or at the reception

Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
nice fucking thread, brah.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
I am guessing you are not married.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I was married twice in two years to the same person. The first time was in town hall and the second time was in the church the same day one year later.

The first wedding was super low key and there were only 10 people there.

The second was in a super nice place with open bar, limos, $5K on the photography, DJ, ect. It was still smaller with only about 80 people there, but it was really nice. It had rained really hard the night before and the next day we had perfect weather. The dress cost more to alter than cost to buy. What a racket! My tux was from Mens Warehouse. Very traditional. Total cost was something like $18K maybe as high as $20K.

The honeymoon was at Disney World in Florida.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 PM
How many times do we have to say that BG isn't male? One more, I guess...

Anyway, I guess your (Erroneous) idea of two ceremonies sounds pretty good. It's a good compromise, I think
Old 07-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
Geez l think this thread is wonderful and if you were married you could have told us what type of wedding you had

Are you married or are you devorced then l could understand your reaction by swearing like you have just done
There is no need for that because there are other members who might want to post if you dont want to please dont come in here and act like this please
Old 07-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post

Anyway, I guess your (Erroneous) idea of two ceremonies sounds pretty good. It's a good compromise, I think
Ah l missed that bro thingie

geez l am female the last time l looked my self over

yes Erroneous your two wedding would have been nice

But you must have really enjoyed the second wedding because you would ahve had all the relatives there

You are right weddings can cost alot and if a woman gets married the dress has to be right

One thing l like is when a man gets dressed up in a suit you guys can look really nice

If l ever get married l would love to have a horse and cart in white of cause

Last edited by Bondgirl; 07-27-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
$5K on the photography
What in the fuuuuuck? I'm no know-it-all when it comes to photography but how much is the going rate for a wedding photographer these days? Was this with prints and everything??
Old 07-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post

LOL it was not like that. We had to get married quicker, because of legal reasons. In the Catholic religion you have to be engaged for at least a year. We were only engaged for several months when we had the first wedding. I HAD to get married in Catholic church for family reasons. The second wedding was for the my family, mostly.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Don't get canned for insulting Barbie HAL, Dubbs. That's what he/she/it wants.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
What in the fuuuuuck? I'm no know-it-all when it comes to photography but how much is the going rate for a wedding photographer these days? Was this with prints and everything??
This guy was supposed to be a top line, photos all over the walls of the the top places in the region. I thought they were just,eh. 2 camera people each with an assistant. We have one main wedding book, leather bound, gold edging and they are 10x13 pictures. It is 7 inches thick. I shit you not. I weighs like 15 lbs. I do not rem the pic count, but it is a lot! We also got 2 copies of the proofs in a spiral bound books. 2 books per copy. Something like 1000 total pictures for each copy. 2 small companion leather bound books that has like 30 pictures something like 8x12 for each set of parents. 2 sets of the dvd's all of the pics as well. We own all the proofs. We also received a 22 x 30 inch pic of the two of us. A 10 x13 of just my wife in her dress. Some others pics that vary in size larger than 5x8
Old 07-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
One thing l like is when a man gets dressed up in a suit you guys can look really nice

If l ever get married l would love to have a horse and cart in white of cause
I thought I looked fat in my tux. I did not like it. If I were to do over again I would have just had one made for me.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
LOL it was not like that. We had to get married quicker, because of legal reasons. In the Catholic religion you have to be engaged for at least a year. We were only engaged for several months when we had the first wedding. I HAD to get married in Catholic church for family reasons. The second wedding was for the my family, mostly.
First thing l have to say is that when l said horse and cart l was suposed to say horse and carriage

My brother when he got married a few years ago he and his wife had a catholic cermony

We were in the church for so long going through it
I never thought it would finish my daughter was six at the time and l couldnt beleive she lasted the distance because it is not only saying l do to each other there is alot of other things to do while getting married if you are catholic

Also my brother had to go thorugh a marrige couciling before the marriage and that is a big deal if you are a catholic

Erroneous l bet your family were happy that you had the second wedding l know when a Italian person gets married there is alot of reletives

Did you have traditional Italian wedding Erroneous and reception
Old 07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
I thought I looked fat in my tux. I did not like it. If I were to do over again I would have just had one made for me.

i bet you looked good Erroneous in your tux

Also l bet in the wedding phot photo you looked just fine like any man in a suit on there wedding day
I know you can go to a wedding shop who fits out brides and grooms and it is amazing with the selection of brides dresses there and suits

So what did you wear on your first wedding
Did your wife where a wedding dress for the first wedding
Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 AM
At the courthouse, no formal ceremony.
Am planning to do that whole big suaree thing though.
Would like to do that "along the shore" looking out at the sea set up? It just is something I definitely want to do when I get married again.
This time, it's gonna be for good.
No foolsies, do-overs or givebacks.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Well in Australia we call that the registry office
That is where you dont have to go through the whole church or garden setting scenio

It also saves money which can be a good thing if you dont have it
A proper wedding can cost quite alot and these days if you go all out it can cost around 20,000 dollars

But for me l would proberly like a garden wedding and you can find some really good spots
I know that at work we do all sorts of weddings and we have had quite a few at the private school l work at

Plus there are some lovely spots at the school

I do remember going to a farm wedding which was organised through the catering part of the school and the area we had to go to was quite nice and they had a real country feel to it

Plus l got to see the bride and groom and they looked really good all dressed up but the bride didnt wear the traditional white dress but what she wore was nice