Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 10:21 AM
too bad he was already bane
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project 86 View Post
too bad he was already bane
And too bad Chris Evans was the Human Torch? And Ryan Reynolds was a bad Deadpool? Cause those guys never got another comic book role?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
And too bad Chris Evans was the Human Torch? And Ryan Reynolds was a bad Deadpool? Cause those guys never got another comic book role?
seeing how chris nolan is producing mos it makes it even less likely tho

it would be like tim story producing captain america
Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:

What are you even talking about, it makes even MORE sense since Nolan is producing.

He'd be perfect for Lex, no matter what.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:

Once again: Because its not like Nolan would ever reuse actors in any of his films or suggest them in films he produces?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
What are you even talking about, it makes even MORE sense since Nolan is producing.

He'd be perfect for Lex, no matter what.
christian bale for lex then
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM
He'll make a great Lex , but I hope if there's ever another Superman movie with Lex as the main villain he has some sort of alliance with a more powerful enemy.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I think Hardy would be a PERFECT Lex Luthor. He could be cast because the batman movies are done and Nolan loves to use actors he has worked with before. He would be a great. He could work with braniac or some1 else that is a phisical threat to superman.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Snyder is giving us some info finally, talks about his vision for Superman, the score and more - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1Cj
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Considering the actors that have played multiple roles, who cares if Tom Hardy is Lex. Banes face is mostly covered, save his eyes really. Plus Idris Elba just played a part in Thor and the even worse than humanly possible sequel Ghost Rider 2. You have Ryan Reynolds as both Hannibal King in Blade 3, Deadpool in X-men Origins and Hal Jordon in Green Lantern.
Honestly, if Tom Hardy can do it, he should and they should get him for it.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I randomly keep hoping that Snyder knocks this outta the park.....
Old 09-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Here's a recent rumor from a supposed "source close to the film":

Brutal Super-human Beatdown?

Quote:
"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."
Old 11-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Zack Snyder talks Man of Steel, the serious content and how good Michael Shannon and Henry Cavill were - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2mE
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
I can't wait for this trailer!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Justice League related with Man of Steel Tie in - Joseph Gordon-Levitt rumored to be playing not Robin, but Batman for Justice League?!?! Read all about this bombshell - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2nF
Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Atricle: Zack Snyder takes off Supermanís underwear in ĎMan of Steelí.

It's strange how a world obsessed with comic book movies can no longer accept a man in tights... or at least red briefs.

What Warner Bros. (and millions of fans) hope will be a Superman for the 21st century (following the lukewarm reception of Bryan Singer's well-intentioned but perhaps ultimately misguided 2006 would-be reboot, "Superman Returns") will be unveiled next summer, and with him a somewhat dramatic tweaking of that most dubious aesthetic challenge in bringing a superhero to the live-action screen: his costume.

Don't worry -- the "Man of Steel," played by Australian actor Henry Cavill, will still have the red cape and that awe-inspiring big capital "S" on his formidable chest. He'll even have a blue bodysuit and red boots. But what he won't have is the red briefs of previous big-screen Supermen played by Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh.
"The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time," director Zack Snyder said in an interview with the New York Post. "I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, 'You can't have the briefs on him.' I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on."

Snyder said the brief-less look was chosen to update Superman's outfit without completely throwing away what makes him iconic. He said, "If you look at the costume, it's very modern, but the relationship to the original costume is strong."
It's a radical variation on what's been the traditional Superman wardrobe, as the removal of the "red briefs" makes way for an all-blue unitard with a somewhat metallic, more armored look... which sets the stage for a superhero who's more of a brooding warrior than perhaps, say, a melancholy stalker of ex-lovers (an element that made for one of the many criticisms of "Superman Returns").

This approach is certainly in line with Warner Bros.' desire to turn the Last Son of Krypton into a more serious, introspective kind of hero -- and with producer Christopher Nolan's insistence on bringing a sense of realism (or, as original "Superman" director Richard Donner put it, "verisimilitude") to even the most outrageous concepts.
"There's a logic and concreteness that has to exist with Chris," Snyder said. "You can't just do stuff because it's cool. He demands that there be story and character behind all of it, which I'm a big fan of."

Indeed, if the impressive teaser trailer released this past summer is any indication, Snyder will be giving us a more introspective Superman, an alien coming to terms with his remarkable abilities and the responsibilities that come with them -- and how they ultimately might make him even more isolated from the very world he's sworn to defend.

"Man of Steel" opens June 14, 2013.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...222100414.html

What are your thoughts on the suit change?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	superman-300-jpg_165923.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	11000  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I dont mind them removing the briefs...but I wish they had made the "belt" or whatever it is red just to break up the blue some
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
IT'S HERE!!! BRAND NEW FULL MAN OF STEEL TRAILER HAS ARRIVED - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2sf
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM

Great trailer! 2 minutes in he sounds exactly like Brandon Routh lol
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Amazing....this is my most anticipated movie of 2013.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
This will definitely be a more brooding Superman The shot of him flying above earth was spectacular but
is it just me or was anyone else hoping they got to the action sequences quicker?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Minus the over-directed shot of pencils, that actually looks quite good.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Minus the over-directed shot of pencils, that actually looks quite good.
lol...I think Clark had problems with breaking pencils.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I loved Pa Kent's response to Clark when he asked whether he should have just left the people to die. "Maybe"

This is going to be good.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Everyone here knows my complete distaste for Zack Snyder, but this actually looks pretty good. This actually seems like he can direct a decent movie without going to heavy on the slo-mo. I must say, that shot of Superman crouching right before he takes off into orbit when the ground is shaking was awesome. I'll give this a chance....or two.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 PM
This was ALWAYS my #1 movie to look forward to in 2013 and this trailer only cemented that. What an amazing trailer! It just looks incredibly epic.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Looks great, Zack Snyder has been hit or miss for me and it looks like this is on the mark. My favorite part of the whole trailer was the conversation with Pa Kent.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Looks more J.J. Abrams and less Zack Snyder. I was intrigued by the teaser, but this trailer has placed this in the top 3 most anticipated of 2013.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Man, that traiiler really wowed me but i have this feeling of uneasiness because it is Snyder directing.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Zack Snyder has always been a talented director (witness the first ten minutes of the Dawn of the Dead remake), he just got caught in the web of over-the-top style in place of substance. Hopefully he Sucker Punched it all out of his system. I pretty much felt like never watching another movie directed by him again after that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I'm a little worried about the movie feeling too portentous for what it really is, but I like the general approach and what seems like a more naturalistic tone (if you took away that weight-of-the-world soundtrack).
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
I loved Pa Kent's response to Clark when he asked whether he should have just left the people to die. "Maybe"

This is going to be good.
I agree. I have never seen a Superman film that questions whether Superman shouldn't be Superman. They have always embraced him as a gift, not a freak.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I thoroughly furiously masturbated to this trailer upon the 46th time of watching it. I loved it!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
best trailer of 2012 after Iron Man 3
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
IT'S HERE!!! BRAND NEW FULL MAN OF STEEL TRAILER HAS ARRIVED - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2sf
Well shit, that actually looks pretty good.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Why do superheroes have to be so melancholy now? Why is that so popular?

Seriously, superheroes are heroes with powers anyone would want, so why does it always have to be treated like such a curse? Why does everything have to be so depressing? "I have superpowers, so sad. I saved a bus full of kids, so sad. I'm going to save earth, so sad." I want to see a Superman movie without wanting to slash my wrists. I want to enjoy the movie, and have fun (which is the point of superheroes).

This is Superman, so why is it being treated like 21 Grams or Grave of the Fireflies? I was kind of surprised that we didn't hear the Schindler's List theme play during this trailer.

I just can't see myself sitting through 2 hours of crying and depressing speeches. I want my superheroes to be far less emo.

I'd hate to see a new reboot of Indiana Jones. He'd be a drunk who contemplates life while battling his inner demons with nightmares of all faces of all the people he has killed.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derkesthai View Post

Seriously, superheroes are heroes with powers anyone would want, so why does it always have to be treated like such a curse? Why does everything have to be so depressing? "I have superpowers, so sad. I saved a bus full of kids, so sad. I'm going to save earth, so sad." I want to see a Superman movie without wanting to slash my wrists. I want to enjoy the movie, and have fun (which is the point of superheroes).

This is Superman, so why is it being treated like 21 Grams or Grave of the Fireflies? I was kind of surprised that we didn't hear the Schindler's List theme play during this trailer.

I just can't see myself sitting through 2 hours of crying and depressing speeches. I want my superheroes to be far less emo.

I'd hate to see a new reboot of Indiana Jones. He'd be a drunk who contemplates life while battling his inner demons with nightmares of all faces of all the people he has killed.
Like I said on the Joblo main page regarding the new trailer, Man of Steel is an origin story that seems to be exploring the complexities and complications of being godly among normal people. It's never been touched upon in a Superman film the troubles that come with holding such power. I don't understand just because there seems to be some darker color pallets that this is instantly a dark and depressing film, if anything, it just appears that Snyder and Co. are taking the material more seriously.

If anything, I'd rather see a troubled Superman who is not accepted when he's first seen flying around the world, he's instead seen as a danger. You can enjoy your Richard Donner films or even Superman Returns, but I prefer they take things in a different direction.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derkesthai View Post

As mentioned before, it's an approach that hasn't been taken before with this story and it can be a fascinating take on it when we watch it. Superman Returns was all pro-Superman and didn't really dive into the character of Clark/Superman all that much so if it went with the same tone, it'd be the same old stuff. The trailer highlights the tone but I think it's pretty obvious that the movie gets very action-heavy as it goes on and won't be a bunch of whining. It's going through a lot of effort to tell a good story and develop an arc for him to go through and that's not something every action movie can claim. Besides, superheroes get reinvented all the time by different writers so this is just the film version of that
Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I like the direction the movie appears to be taking. I don't think it looks melancholy at all; I think it looks character-driven and thought provoking. How would the people of the world react to someone like Superman . . . and Zod, as this movie hopefully will explore. I think the action will definitely be there with the inclusion of Zod as the villain. But the trailer definitely showed that Superman will struggle with his abilities, the option to use those abilities, and how the world reacts to those abilities. We've seen in other superhero movies that "with great power, comes great responsibility" and "you always fear what you don't understand" (Batman Begins). I get the feeling that this movie will explore both those expressions.

Scarface98.9 - one thing I liked about Superman Returns was Superman's feeling of loneliness and search for others like him. I just think they didn't do it particularly well and/or they didn't do it enough (The director's cut/extended edition of Superman: The Movie has a scene where Superman tries to embrace Jor-El before realizing that he's simply a hologram (or whatever he was). I like that scene because it shows that Superman is realizing that he will be alone).

Last edited by bigred760; 12-22-2012 at 09:16 AM..