Old 02-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Whatever happened to Felicity Shagwell?!

I know that plot cohesion isn't exactly high up on the Austin Powers Franchise's list of priorities but i just couldnt ignore one thing from the third installment.

What happened to Felicity Shagwell (heather grahams character) in the third film. I dont know if there was some explaination of her absense which i missed but as far as i could tell she was there at the end of the second film and then missing completely from the third!!!

I wouldnt have minded if they explained where she was but they totally brushed over it...
Old 02-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I wonder what happened to her as well. This is probably one of the biggest plot holes in the Austin Powers trilogy.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Well, the Bond flicks don't always explain what happened between one Bond girl to the next. Felicity and Austin were not married, so they could've just parted ways.

Since the first movie was not expected to have a sequel, they just let Vanessa and Austin settle down. But, when the sequel came, they had to have a new girl (it's the Powers way), but at the same time explain Vanessa's disappearance.

For Felicity, this just wasn't necessary.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Whatever happened to Honey Rider, Pussy Galore, Domino, Octopussy, Christmas Jones or Jinx from the JAMES BOND flicks? Well, it doesn't matter... and - since AP is a BOND parody - it also doesn't really matter what happened to the girls from the AUSTIN POWERS films.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RenHoek
Whatever happened to Honey Rider, Pussy Galore, Domino, Octopussy, Christmas Jones or Jinx from the JAMES BOND flicks? Well, it doesn't matter... and - since AP is a BOND parody - it also doesn't really matter what happened to the girls from the AUSTIN POWERS films.
(Smokes Sherlock Holmes pipe) My point exactly.

PS. Did you really think the Austin Powers movies had so much plot cohesion?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Let me be your Watson, Sherlock Hall'mes... right, my post sounds quite redundant after yours. But I just couln't resist to name some of my favorite Bond girls. I'm such a geek
Old 02-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RenHoek
Let me be your Watson, Sherlock Hall'mes... right, my post sounds quite redundant after yours. But I just couln't resist to name some of my favorite Bond girls. I'm such a geek
Not at all...always glad to have my points backed up! Lord knows how many times people have thought "Annie...just...just...go wouldja?"

...c'est la vie...you listed some righteous bond girls, in any case.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:54 PM
I was really expecting to see her in the third one as well. Graham talked about doing the third one as long as they didn't kill her horribly like they did with Liz Hurley.

I think it all came down to money, because Powers doesn't really totally follow the Bond formula - I mean, we did have the same villian in all of them. Plus, I don't think Powers is as directly a Bond spoof as it is just a spoof of that whole sixties spy genre. The movie actually looks much more like IN LIKE FLINT.

Anyway, I think the reason she wasn't in APTSWSM was simple: MONEY!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Felicity Shagwell, 3rd film?!?!? What?!?!?! I read that Heather Graham & Liz Hurley was SUPPOSED to have made a cameo appearance in AP Goldmember. Im not sure as their characters or as celebrities.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:01 PM
That's what I want to know. There was no explination as to why she wasn't in the third one. At least in the second one the reason why Elizabeth Hurley wasn't in it was because she was a Femme-bot and wanted to kill Austin. But in the third one, Felicity was just gone. I mean, come on. Why? WHY? She was so hot! There was no reason to not have her in it.

*the_sneaker, in uncontrollable rage, gets up from his PC and goes on a killing spree American Pyscho styles.*
Old 02-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the_sneaker
*the_sneaker, in uncontrollable rage, gets up from his PC and goes on a killing spree American Pyscho styles.*
Oh...no....you're...you're in touch with humanity
Old 02-12-2003, 04:06 PM

thats an easy answer...

She ran off with the Austin from the past.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:54 PM
She ran off to play a slut in some crappy movie...oh wait, that was Heather Graham.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodman View Post
I know that plot cohesion isn't exactly high up on the Austin Powers Franchise's list of priorities but i just couldnt ignore one thing from the third installment.

What happened to Felicity Shagwell (heather grahams character) in the third film. I dont know if there was some explaination of her absense which i missed but as far as i could tell she was there at the end of the second film and then missing completely from the third!!!

I wouldnt have minded if they explained where she was but they totally brushed over it...

Disappearance from the series:

Heather Graham did film a scene for the sequel, Austin Powers in Goldmember, but it was cut from the final version and did not appear on a DVD release. A book, which tied in with all three films, says that Felicity stayed in the present, but realized that Austin was still in love with Vanessa Kensington. The two parted ways, but Felicity did not travel back to the 1960s, as most of the battles against sexism had already been won.

SarahSince1988
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Felicity Shagwell was my favorite of the love interests in the series.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSince1988 View Post
Disappearance from the series:

Heather Graham did film a scene for the sequel, Austin Powers in Goldmember, but it was cut from the final version and did not appear on a DVD release. A book, which tied in with all three films, says that Felicity stayed in the present, but realized that Austin was still in love with Vanessa Kensington. The two parted ways, but Felicity did not travel back to the 1960s, as most of the battles against sexism had already been won.

SarahSince1988

One of the all time great relevant first posts.