Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope this doesn't suck....
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I hope this doesn't suck....
That goes without saying, eh?

Considering Silent Hill is the best video game movie that I have ever seen, it may be hard to live up to that kind of expectation.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 PM
So I've read this is done filming and is still scheduled for release this year. With the new Resident Evil trailer out, I'm wondering when we'll get our first trailer Director Basset is sure keeping this film under wraps.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
nm

Last edited by fixedMind; 01-29-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow I completely forgot about this...you'd think we would have seen something by now.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I really enjoyed the Silent Hill film, so I've got some pretty decent hopes for this one, but I'm going in with no expectations. I have no reason thus far to feel compelled one way or another.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
When I first saw Silent Hill I enjoyed it and thought it was awesome, and I certainly wasn't disappointed by it.
But upon reflection, I realize that it just wasn't as great as it should have been. There were things about it that really didn't make much sense from a Silent Hill fans perspective.
I loved how they used the soundtrack from the games, but at the same time I feel they could have done so much more.
They combined the story of the 1st and 3rd game and tossed pyramid head in there for whatever reason.

I would have much preferred to see a totally original screenplay from the Silent Hill universe. A brand new score from Akira Yamaoka. And a renowned atmospheric horror director tackle it.

Imagine David Lynch and the makers of Silent Hill coming up with the script, Lynch directing, and Yamaoka on the soundtrack.
Would that not be the COOLEST fucking thing ever?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Possible Date of release

Quote: Although it is NOT yet confirmed, Lionsgate is planning on releasing SH: Revelation in 3D on October 5th!
Earlier today it was announced that they'd be moving the new (and very unnecessary sequel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre to a January 2013 release, but what they have yet to announce is that they have placed SH2 in TCM's old release slot.

Though this could change (again), the producers want to get the new SH film out in theaters by October, no later than early November. Expect an announcement about the release date SOON, along with a trailer this Spring-- my bet's are around the 20th of March when Downpour comes out!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855325/...read/195378384
Old 02-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the update, Ruly. Oh dear God. Two things I hate most with sequels.

1. Crappy unimaginative titles. IE - Silent Hill Revelations in 3D

2. 3D

Why is everything always Revelations, or Retribution, Reloaded, or some shit like that? Plus, it's in 3D.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Bassett Speaks On 'Silent Hill: Revelation 3D'

There have been a slew of rumors on the IMDB forums that Lionsgate will be releasing the Michael J. Bassett-directed Silent Hill: Revelation 3D on October 5, replacing the recently bumped Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D. While this may have been discussed internally, we already have debunked that rumor with the Lionsgate marketing department -- hence the reason it was never reported here on the site.

Bassett has been very chatty on his official blog, even taking time to respond to reader questions. Someone asked about the delayed sequel. His response: "Oh yes, I have lots of pictures, interviews, trailers, even a finished movie … But the people who have invested their money in making this film have chosen, rightly or wrongly, to hold back the release of anything until they have a release schedule for the film they’re happy with. It is their choice and even as it’s frustrating as hell for me, I respect that this is how they wish to play it."

From this writer's perspective, holding content until a release is solidified is smart. There's no reason to blow your wad early, especially when it could be years before the film eventually hits theaters. We're all dying to see some new Silent Hill content, hopefully it'll come sooner than later.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28605
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Releasing it in October isn't a bad idea really. It's about damn time we got more than just a Paranormal Activity or Saw movie around Halloween. It's just been annoying and weird seeing so many other horror movies get dumped in odd times and tanking. So I think this is the smarter move. As long as they don't shelve it for years and years like some movies (Cabin in the Woods comes to mind...).
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I would love to see Silent Hill in October. I want a variety of Horror films to see during the Witching Season, not just paranormal activity (which I have no interest in).
Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
U.S. distributer and Official Release date announced!!!

Open Road Films has acquired all U.S. distribution rights to Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, the sequel to the 2006 film Silent Hill, released by TriStar Pictures. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will be released wide October 26, 2012 in time for Halloween. The announcement was made today by Tom Ortenberg, CEO of Open Road Films and producers Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody.

Directed by Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane, Deathwatch), original cast members Sean Bean (HBO's "Game of Thrones," "The Lord of the Rings"), Deborah Kara Unger (The Game, 88 minutes, The Samaritan) and Radha Mitchell (Man on Fire, The Crazies) return in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, starring along with rising stars Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins) and Kit Harington (HBO's "Game of Thrones") as well as Carrie-Anne Moss ("The Matrix" trilogy) and Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, The Artist).

In Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father (Bean) have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. On the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by horrific nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her forever.

Ortenberg stated, “'Silent Hill' has proven to be a powerhouse franchise. The fans have greeted each incarnation, including the original 'Silent Hill' film, with great enthusiasm and we are confident that this latest project will be a strong addition to Open Road’s 2012 slate.”

Producer Samuel Hadida added, “The film is a thrill ride that improves on the original in many ways. We take all audiences, new and old, deep into the world of psychological horror that is Silent Hill, and advance thestory for those familiar with the franchise. We are thrilled to have Tom and his terrific team at Open Road presenting our film to U.S. audiences.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89381
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Official Twitter and Facebook pages

Open Roads has launched an official Twitter feed for Silent Hill: Revelation, and has teamed with the largest Revelation fan page on Facebook to make it official.

http://www.facebook.com/SilentHillRevelation

http://www.twitter.com/SilentHillMovie
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm shocked, i thought for sure they would release this in the middle of February .

That little Nurse clip has me excited, i was concerned that the loss of Gans as director would mean a drop in quality, that doesn't appear to be the case
Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D SDCC Presentation | "Nuses attack" clip

Comic-Con's Hall H was host today to some of the very first footage from the upcoming Silent Hill: Revelation 3D as part of a panel hosted by writer/director Michael J. Bassett, star Adelaide Clemens and producer Samuel Hadida.

Two clips were shown, one of which you can check out for yourself**. The other revealed a cinematic take on one of the Mannequins from "Silent Hill 2," depicting it as a spider creature that spins webs to capture victims alive. It also carries a number of different mannequin heads with it, rotating between them as it pursues its would-be prey (Clemens' Heather Mason).

"The mannqeuin monster was actually one of the most terrifying to be around," says the actress. "There's something so creepy about mannequins."

"It was the only monster that we couldn't make for real and operate like a puppet or a man in costume," adds Bassett. "I'm a big believer in real monsters on the set... That particular monster was impossible. I wanted it to scuttle like a combination of human body parts and a crab and a spider. After that clip finishes, it does something else pretty hideous as well."

As far as the origins of Revelation, Bassett says that this is a sequel to the 2006 film but also largely adapts the third game.

"It takes the story of little Sharon Da Silva," he says,"and turns her into Heather Mason for reasons that you'll understand when you see the movie."

One fan in the audience was quick to point out that leading man Sean Bean has a tendency of dying in most of the roles he plays and asked point blank if the "Game of Thrones" star would be making it out of Silent Hill alive.

"Yes and no," teases Bassett. "And you're going to have to see the movie to find out why that is a completely true answer."

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will hit theaters on October 26th while the property, as announced yesterday, is also set to make an appearance at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights this fall.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92562

Spoiler:

Open Road Films revealed a new "Nurse Attack" clip from Silent Hill: Revelation 3D at the San Diego Comic-Con today which you can now watch online using the player below**. Opening in theaters on October 26, the film stars Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger, Carrie-Anne Moss and Malcolm McDowell.
**http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/14...-panel-footage
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92549

semi-update: HERE IS A NEW IMAGE OF Clemens' Heather Mason in 'Revelation'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heather Mason.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	10297  

Last edited by Ruly2; 07-15-2012 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 AM
SDCC poster

found this exclusive SDCC poster for 'Revelation' while searching Google.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...hsyo1_1280.jpg

btw.. the movie is R
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Trailer confirmed for 7/27

The Trailer for SILENT HILL REVELATION will be relased tomarrow July 27th at 1pm va movies.yahoo.com.

Quote:
here what he said on twitter.

Michael J Bassett ‏@michaeljbassett

I'm reliably informed that the #silenthill2 trailer is going 2 be premiering on Yahoo 2morrow. Haven't seen it yet myself. Exciting huh?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/...&p=1#202346295
Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
THE TRAILER HAS ARRIVED !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
The Trailer for SILENT HILL REVELATION will be relased tomarrow July 27th at 1pm via movies.yahoo.com.
The trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWrZmD0AN4

(update)

I added some images from the trailer that I found on various websites

I also noticed from watching the trailer that there was bits of SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM that were feature. Red Pyramid in the film will be call " The Demon" while
Spoiler:
Claudia will transform in to a creature of some kind, which is seen very briefly in the trailer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dahlia (from the Trailer).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	10327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leonard (from the Trailer).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	10328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Claudia(from trailer.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	10329   Click image for larger version

Name:	The demon 2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	10330   Click image for larger version

Name:	the Cult.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	10331  

Last edited by Ruly2; 07-29-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Been waiting forever for this film and the trailer makes the film look promising. I loved the third game and hope this does it justice. Glad to see Sean Bean return and Heather looks almost identical to her game counterpart.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 PM
still don't understand

Unprecedented.

Last edited by Shinigami; 07-27-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 AM
more images from the trailer

There are just some of the images from the trailer..

The image titled "silent-hill-rev-13" is a potential SPOILER...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	silent-hill-rev-6.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	10335   Click image for larger version

Name:	silent-hill-rev-13.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	10336   Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m7u6a2WIyn1qdqlkxo4_1280.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	10337   Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m7u048OA251qc19sjo1_1280.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	10338  
Old 07-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Will we get to find out what exactly what happened to Radha Mitchell's character in the first one? I was always kind of fuzzy and confused by that movie's ending.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't know that Radha Mitchell was back as well. So I guess that answers my question. I hope they don't bring her back only to kill her off quickly.

Looks decent though.

Last edited by ilovemovies; 07-28-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Spirits Within or Advent Children?
I haven't been in this thread for a very long time so I missed this. But to answer your question I was talking The Spirits Within, the 2001 movie that actually came out in theaters. Never seen any Straight to DVD stuff.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Never seen any Straight to DVD stuff.
Uwe Boll's films are mostly all Direct-to-vid ( with the exception of ALONE IN THE DARK)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if "The Monster" in Revelation is "the God*" from SH3? I also wonder what (if any) of the endings from SH3 that they'll use?
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_3
*http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/God

One of my favorite GIFs from the first movie:

Here's one from 'Revelation':

“The Mannequin Monster”

Descriptive fan term, for a new spider-like creature made of mannequin parts in Silent Hill: Revelation. As shown at Comic-con Heather Mason saves character ‘Suki’ from the creature. We can assume that the person caught in the “webbing” is Suki herself. According to writer/director Michael J. Bassett, the Mannequin Monster is the only completely digital monster in the film, as it would be impossible to create with practical effects.

■The cult from the first movie(know as The Brethren) will only be seen in flashbacks. The film will focus on their rival cult, The Order.

added image of the suits for both of the cults..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p97ycw701rwoy7wo.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	10339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brethren_and_High_Order_Costumes.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	10340  

Last edited by Ruly2; 07-29-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Which movie will SHR trailer be attached to.....

Quote:
I’m also told is going to be attached to a big theatrical release next weekend.
-Michael J Bassett (Director/Writer for SH: Revelation)
(Source: silenthaven)
There is only one movie that "enters my mind"....

TOTAL RECALL
Old 07-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Wow I completely forgot about this. Glad it's finally coming out. As I said above, really enjoyed the first one so I hope this one turns out good too.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Maybe because it doesn't have the 'Hollywood' look like the first one did, but the trailer did nothing for me. A bunch of bad CGI, terrible dialogue, and already pressing plot holes (Sean Bean has a teenage daughter?).
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Akira Yamaoka comments on returning to SILENT HILL

“The experience [on SH: Revelation] was extremely interesting in many ways. Since I’d been part of the Silent Hill team since the beginning, as the concept of the movie started to work out I could just relate every detail, scene and character with every game. I enjoyed the process so much because not only it was interesting, but also very, very nostalgic. It was a succession of memories, one after the other, so I was really happy remembering the work I had done back then when working in these games. All the fans will enjoy it for sure, and it’s going to be awesome."
-Akira Yamaoka (Ex-composer for the Silent Hill franchise)
http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/2...-was-extremely

The original music for SILENT HILL:REVELATION is done by Jeff Danna &
Akira Yamaoka.

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-01-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm really looking forward to this! Most anticipated Horror film in a long time!

EDIT: Woah. After reading my earlier posts on this one my "no expectations" mentality has really shifted gears. (Pun semi-intended.)

Last edited by MisoGenie; 08-01-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
If it's even half as creepy and unsettling as the game, it'll be a damn good movie.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks good, I really enjoyed the first film. I'm thrilled to see that Akira Yamaoka is doing the music for this. The soundtrack is probably 50% of the reason I loved the first movie and the games.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Official MPAA Rating

Silent Hill: Revelation Rated R (for vioence and disturbing images, some language and brief nudity)

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-15-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 08-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
“The experience [on SH: Revelation] was extremely interesting in many ways. Since I’d been part of the Silent Hill team since the beginning, as the concept of the movie started to work out I could just relate every detail, scene and character with every game. I enjoyed the process so much because not only it was interesting, but also very, very nostalgic. It was a succession of memories, one after the other, so I was really happy remembering the work I had done back then when working in these games. All the fans will enjoy it for sure, and it’s going to be awesome."
-Akira Yamaoka (Ex-composer for the Silent Hill franchise)
http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/2...-was-extremely

The original music for SILENT HILL:REVELATION is done by Jeff Danna &
Akira Yamaoka.

Good enough reason for me to be even more excited for the movie. It's got his stamp of approval. I wonder what Konami has to say..or do we still count their opinions after Silent Hill HD and the patch delays?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Maybe because it doesn't have the 'Hollywood' look like the first one did, but the trailer did nothing for me. A bunch of bad CGI, terrible dialogue, and already pressing plot holes (Sean Bean has a teenage daughter?).
Not a plot hole.
Spoiler:
It's his daughter from the first film. She's cut her hair, dyed it, and changed her name; they moved away from their past life. It's based off of the third game and that is the plot.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 PM
The Running time ...

type: silent hill revelation into Google. You'll five the Facebook like for the movie. It says:

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - In theaters October 26
www.facebook.com/SilentHillRevelation
2hr 0min - R - Horror

I just found this redition of the theme song on Soundcloud and I think it's perfect for 'Revelation'

http://soundcloud.com/adam-massacre/...in-theme-cover

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-27-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM
update: The Running time....

94min.

I foud it here:

Titre original: SILENT HILL 2
Nationalité: France, Canada
Genre: Horreur
Durée: 01h 34min
http://www.metrofilms.com/films/5776...lation-3d.html
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Almost half an hour shorter than the original. I know a short running time isn't always indicative of a bad movie but it's not exactly rare for this genre. Here's hoping this movie turns out well.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
NEW OFFICIAL POSTER!!!

what do you think?

source: http://www.horror-movies.ca/2012/09/...ion-3d-poster/ | http://www.cine1.com.ar/2012/09/excl...lent-hill.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	silent hill 3d.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	10528  
Old 09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Silent Hill: Revelation ad

This appeared in an Odeon Cinema flyer.
http://silenthillhistoricalsociety.com/?p=11161
Attached Thumbnails