#81  
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Everytime I hear his name, I think back to this awesome video...
Talk about a random ass George Lucas cameo.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Dane Cook
Ned
Jeff Foxworthy
Daniel "Lawrence the Cable Guy" Whitney
Dane Cook

Sarah Silverman is great and I e-smack those saying resolutely 'Blue Collar guys' as Ron White is hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Carlos Mencia is the most unfunny person I can think of right now.

Also, Cuba Gooding, Jr. is completely unfunny. I know he isn't a standup comedian, but those Hanes commercials where he wants to blow Michael Jordan are so bad, it equals Ned Mencia's routine in lameness!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Carlos Mencia AKA Ned Arnel MencŪa
I'll go with this asswipe right here.

Aside from not being funny, he rips off other comedians jokes. When called on it(by Joe Rogan)he cowered and denied all of it by trying to make another unfunny joke out of it.

This piece of fat ugly shit is a liar and a thief.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Dane Cook
Jeff Dunham
Larry the Cable Guy
Carlos Mencia
Eddie Pepitone
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Looking back at this thread, I still stand by my assessment of ANT, the only good thing is up until I saw my reply, I hadn't seen or heard of Ant in such a long time, so im glad he went away! A far better homosexual comedian is Mario Cantone, that guy is pretty damn funny.

I also stand by my critique of George Lopez, his whole act hinges on Mexican vs. American... although when i first posted a reply in 2008, I used the term "He sucks nut sac!" I'm glad to see that I have matured a bit over these past 4 years!!

As for comedians now that I don't like:

Chelsea Handler: She is not really funny, she can say a line here and there that is comical, but her whole act is just based on her trying to be edgy by skewering celebrities. An act done by other, far better, comedians. Plus I don't like her whole "Im 35 and I get wasted every night, and Party" She is famous cuz she fucked the head of E, I guess a career is a career, but that personality type doesn't appeal to me.

The thing is I used to like Handler until it just one day dawned on me, she sucks! I watched her show, cuz she had funny comedians on it. And one of those Comedians was Jo Koy. I really like that dude on Handlers show, he is always one of the funnier guests, so I decided to check out his stand up, and it was just bad! I think as a dude, he is very funny, seems like a guy you would want to have a convo with, but his stand up just isn't very comical!

I still don't like Katt Williams' stand up.. and I will add to that Mike Epps. These are 2 guys that I enjoy seeing in movies, because they are really good comedic actors, but their stand up routines are terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Chelsea Handler: She is not really funny, she can say a line here and there that is comical, but her whole act is just based on her trying to be edgy by skewering celebrities. An act done by other, far better, comedians. Plus I don't like her whole "Im 35 and I get wasted every night, and Party" She is famous cuz she fucked the head of E, I guess a career is a career, but that personality type doesn't appeal to me.
That's basically the problem I have with comics like her. It honestly doesn't matter if a few of her jokes are funny, because so many other comics are doing the same thing.

Hell, we do a much better job of making fun of celebrites. How come we don't have a show?

Hollywood sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Wow. Way to kick this one upstairs.

Adding Doug Stanhope to this list.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Dane Cook
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
1. Carlos Mencia (has been called out by numerous comedians for his persistent joke stealing.)
2. Dane Cook (jumps around and acts like a fucking douche in every performance I have ever seen by him. He steals jokes, makes awful movies, and it seems only douchebag frat boys and sorority chicks find his act appealing.)
3. Denis Leary (man made a career off of stealing material from Bill Hicks)
4. Kevin James (we get it your "fat" move on please)
5. Ralphie May (see Kevin James)
6. Amy Schumer (tries way too hard to be crass and offensive to the point it just comes across as banal and forced)
7. The Blue Collar Comedy Quartet (Larry The Cable Guy can be amusing sometimes, but his schtick is really getting old. Jeff Foxworthy was never funny. Bill Engvall just seems to wholesome for me, and Ron White just always seems bored.)
8. Sarah Silverman (I just depise this fucking talentless, annoying, waste of a human liver to no fucking end.)
9. Chelsea Handler (another one that desperately needs a bullet to the back of her head. I just don't understand her appeal at all.)
10. Aziz Ansari (like Dane Cook jumps around and acts like a complete fucking idiot in every performance I've seen.)
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Carlos Mencia gets my vote for stealing jokes and still managing to suck.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Roseanne Barr i think is how you spell it. Ever since the national anthem. Boy!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
i do not for one second think Cook heard CK's act and said "BAm, im taking that joke" seeing as Louis CK's stand up is fucking stupid and Dane Cook makes me laugh.
I'm sorry, but...

Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Gallagher. I wasn't alive when he was a big deal but come on...

Also, Louis CK is in the running for best comedian out there right now.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't like Gilbert Gottfried. To be honest I never saw a stand up routine of him, only his stints on the Comedy Central roasts and he sucks there. He shouts his lines and the punchline can be seen from miles away especially because it takes so long for him to finish his joke.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Gallagher. I wasn't alive when he was a big deal but come on...

Prop comics in general are the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
I'm sorry, but...

Agreed more than you know...
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
you know... i have heard the clips of Louis CK and Dane Cook... and i gotta be honest, just because they are similar is the set up, the delivery of the joke is completely different, and i do not for one second think Cook heard CK's act and said "BAm, im taking that joke" seeing as Louis CK's stand up is fucking stupid and Dane Cook makes me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
I'm sorry, but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Agreed more than you know...
Likewise, and I'll follow up SkyNet's statement with this:





SHIVER ME TIMBERS...

THE BASTARD RETURNS.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I know there aren't supposed to be any wrong opinions, but here we are.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Ladies and Gentleman of the jury... i throw myself on the mercy of the court here!!

I made that comment on 04-02-2008... what did I know.. I was a stupid kid! I didn't fully understand the world of comedy that was around me!

in 2012, I can fully recant that idiotic statement I had made! Louis C.K is a fucking genius and his stand up is some of the best!

I can say that I have since that date immersed myself in the world of Comedy (I do Improv at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in Hollywood) and with that, have been opened up to a world of comedy that I didn't quite know before.

I will say that I think Cook has some pretty funny bits, whether stolen or not, I don't know.. but I know dude doesn't hold a candle to the genius of Louis C.K!

Can I be forgiven??!!!
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
oh and let me add Frank Caliendo to the list of terrible comedians. I think his impressions are pretty terrible and dude just isn't funny.

and I love me some Louis C.K!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Prop comics in general are the worst.
Have you ever actually seen his act? I don't know about his recent years, but in his 80s heyday he only did all the smashing stuff was done at the end; the majority was largely observational humor.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post

Agreed. As is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
Adding Doug Stanhope to this list.
You've got to be fucking kidding me. I'd love to hear your reasoning for this. Doug Stanhope is the greatest comedian I have ever seen(and I've seen George Carlin live). Louis CK would come second; followed by Daniel Tosh(for those comics still living).
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I saw Gallagher live back in 2000. Guy was funny as fuck, and put on a near three hour show. His style is very dated now, but I still laugh at his old cable specials.

I used to watch a ton of stand up in the 90s when MTV had their "Half Hour Comedy Hour" show (Mario Joiner was a terrible host). But I haven't really seen a lot of current comedians outside of the ones that went very mainstream.

One that really stands out is Katt Williams. Holy fuck, that shit is awful, unless you think saying "fuck" every other word is funny.

As for Louis CK - I think he's funny, but I don't get the god-like adulation everyone sends him. But if you want to know who I think is really overrated, it's... Bill Hicks.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
You've got to be fucking kidding me. I'd love to hear your reasoning for this. Doug Stanhope is the greatest comedian I have ever seen(and I've seen George Carlin live). Louis CK would come second; followed by Daniel Tosh(for those comics still living).
I was disappointed when I saw this, probably because just about everything you've posted this far has been pretty good reading. Really.

So I hope you don't mind if I disagree here.

Doug Stanhope is an obnoxious bag of shit. A lot of what he says isn't funny and a lot more of it is just stupid asshole babble, which he speaks fluently. When he isn't being irritating, it seems he tries too hard to go over the top for a laugh.

"I come to this country and I see a whole lotta history, but I donít see much of a future." - Manchester Comedy Festival

"Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it with little or no side effects if used as directed. Lifeís temporary for a reason, it gets boring after a while. You should be inventing new drugs is what you should be doing! Newer, crazier drugsÖ and more holes, thatís what you ladies need!"

"...so I told my girlfriend I wanted to fuck her between the tits, she said, 'Howíre you gonna make that feel good for me?', I said, 'Right before I come, Iíll stop punching you in the face.'"

"We didnít have an abortion because we werenít ready to take care of a child, we were irresponsible, or because weíre not financially capable of takingÖ The reason we had it is ícause I really wanted to see what it felt like to kill a baby."

"Itís sad when kids kill themselves ícause they didnít really give it a chance, but life is like a movie. If youíve sat through more than half of it and it sucked every second so far, it probably isnít gonna get great right at the very end for you and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame you for walking out early."


I'm sure you could probably post a few things here and there that aren't as terrible as the quotes above, but another part of his problem is his delivery. He throws his lines out like he's dropping bricks on a glass coffee table. Just adding to how irritating he is, he acts like he's God's gift to comedy. He seems to think he has all of life's answers, when more often than not he sounds like a moron with delusions of his own grandeur.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Off the top of my head, I'd have to say (in order):

1. Chelsea Handler (terrible)
2. Carlos Mencia (lame)
3. Katt Williams (maybe he's funny, I don't know, I usually can't understand a word he says)
4. Carrot Top (nuff said)
5. George Lopez (EVERY joke is "Latinos are all like this...")

I'm actually okay with Larry the Cable Guy and Dane Cook.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
I was disappointed when I saw this, probably because just about everything you've posted this far has been pretty good reading. Really.

So I hope you don't mind if I disagree here.

Doug Stanhope is an obnoxious bag of shit. A lot of what he says isn't funny and a lot more of it is just stupid asshole babble, which he speaks fluently. When he isn't being irritating, it seems he tries too hard to go over the top for a laugh.

"I come to this country and I see a whole lotta history, but I don’t see much of a future." - Manchester Comedy Festival

"Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it with little or no side effects if used as directed. Life’s temporary for a reason, it gets boring after a while. You should be inventing new drugs is what you should be doing! Newer, crazier drugs… and more holes, that’s what you ladies need!"

"...so I told my girlfriend I wanted to fuck her between the tits, she said, 'How’re you gonna make that feel good for me?', I said, 'Right before I come, I’ll stop punching you in the face.'"

"We didn’t have an abortion because we weren’t ready to take care of a child, we were irresponsible, or because we’re not financially capable of taking… The reason we had it is ’cause I really wanted to see what it felt like to kill a baby."

"It’s sad when kids kill themselves ’cause they didn’t really give it a chance, but life is like a movie. If you’ve sat through more than half of it and it sucked every second so far, it probably isn’t gonna get great right at the very end for you and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame you for walking out early."


I'm sure you could probably post a few things here and there that aren't as terrible as the quotes above, but another part of his problem is his delivery. He throws his lines out like he's dropping bricks on a glass coffee table. Just adding to how irritating he is, he acts like he's God's gift to comedy. He seems to think he has all of life's answers, when more often than not he sounds like a moron with delusions of his own grandeur.
I do not doubt you dislike him. That Manchester quote is a new one; and I guffawed. But see the people in Britain have a hugh fanbase toward him. They have no illusions about how much their country sucks(unlike the USSA); which is why Doug truly reaches them and they relate to him.

That is, unless you aren't accustomed to his non-sugar coating of reality and are one of the non-initiated and/or nationistically brainwashed sorts of people who pelted him with random objects at the Leeds Festival.

I've met Doug and he truly doesn't think he's god's gift to comedy; he thinks he sucks, truly- but he admits he sucks a lot less than most other comics. You may disagree with him on some things; but would challenge you to(I for one cannot) dispute him on many of the issues he's illuminated and cut apart, to present the truth in the funniest way possible(especially politics and religion).

I just saw him in Irvine two days ago and some other comics were talking to him outside about how great he is. The point is, first and foremost, that he is a comic's comic(yes, I have material too). That titfuck joke and this one are what I play for people who have never heard of him; and if they don't like it, I know they aren't going to like him, much less share my own dark sense of humor. Too bad you do not; but you seem to know much of his material.

As he would say, his comedy "is like animal porn; it's not for everybody."

Last edited by Mr. Guiltless; 10-27-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Even if you don't find Doug Stanhope funny, he was brilliant in his guest spot on Louie.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Dane Cook is fucking fantastic. I don't give a shit what anyone says. Katt Williams is obnoxious and relies on 1 word over & over again to the point of irritation. If you've seen his act, you know what I'm talking about. Also Daniel Tosh's show Tosh.0 is fantastic, but his standup sucks! Handler's another one. There's a lotta shitty comedians out there!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump