Old 08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Portal 3?(Portal 2 Spoilers)

Does anyone think that there could be a Portal 3, the ending did close the story up(of what story there was) pretty well. My friends and I have playful arguments about what it could be like. What we have come to a conclusion, that it doesn't need another game, but if there was it should be either nature-related tests(the deer that Glados saw), in the laboratories, but they are flooded, or in a city being attacked either by Weatley(after he plummets back to earth from the moon) or by the mantis men. If anyone has any other opinions or ideas, please post them. thanks.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 AM
There absolutely could be another one. Valve is one of, if not the most creative team around.

It certainly doesn't NEED another one, but I would trust them if they attempted it.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I would love to see a third Portal game..We'll probably end up seeing a 3rd Portal before we see a Half-Life 3 or even the Half-Life 2: Episode 3...Considering that Portal does indeed take place in the same universe as Half-Life maybe Valve will be kind and give us a hybrid/cross over title.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard_of_Meat View Post
I would love to see a third Portal game..We'll probably end up seeing a 3rd Portal before we see a Half-Life 3 or even the Half-Life 2: Episode 3...Considering that Portal does indeed take place in the same universe as Half-Life maybe Valve will be kind and give us a hybrid/cross over title.
I'm not sure that they would do a cross-over because they haven't really done that before, but it would probably be fun.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatuis@thekrustykrab View Post
I'm not sure that they would do a cross-over because they haven't really done that before, but it would probably be fun.
Yeah,I highly doubt it would ever happen either but you never know..I'm sure the idea has been tossed around though
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree, I also feel that there will be a Left 4 Dead 3 and a Portal 3 much before a Half-Life 3 or an Episode-3 because Gabe Newell just wants to piss gamers off for the fun of it.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
It's not really a cross over since it's not in different worlds. That being said, Portal takes place hundreds/thousands of years after Half Life story doesn't it?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It's not really a cross over since it's not in different worlds. That being said, Portal takes place hundreds/thousands of years after Half Life story doesn't it?
Not sure on the timeline but I looked back at an old issue of OXM from March of 2011 and at the bottom of page 58 there is a little tidbit that says.
Quote:
The Mystery Awaits:In case you weren't sure,Valve confirmed that yes,Portal takes place in the same universe as Half-Life.We can't wait for them to overlap in HL2:Episode 3!
..So maybe Valve told them that to hint at future projects.