Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Anyone Else Here Hate Taylor Swift??

Just something about her.. I can not stand!

Not just her music, which is god awful (but I admit I hate country music, perhaps if you like Country Music, you like her, no idea.. i think she sucks)

and it always seems like she is playing this victim role... "he broke my heart.. Kanye stole my mic... blah blah blah"

Every song she puts out is about her relationship with some dude.

She comes across to me like the Catholic school girl whose father swears to everyone that she is the perfect angel, but behind closed doors she is in the S&M gear with the whip and chains!

Her whole persona just grates me!

I see they are trying to put her in more and more movies, I hope she doesn't become a bankable actress!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 AM
I felt bad for her during the VMAs when Kanye interrupted her but then I found out how much money she makes a year and suddenly didnt feel so bad for her.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Don't care for her music, but she's very pretty. Not sure I would want to date her though because I don't want to be written about in somebody's song.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't like her music. I think it's tedious and bland, with every song signifying that Taylor Swift has no idea that high school is behind her.

That being said, I do think she has talent as a singer and she knows how to play guitar which isn't something most Top 40 pop stars can claim these days. She also seems like a nice girl and a hard worker and it's nice to see a public music figure act as a good role model. I'd rather have young girls looking up to Taylor Swift than harlots like Snookie, Kim Kardashian, and P!nk, and I'd be surprised if any of you guys disagreed with that.

So no, I don't hate Taylor Swift. I don't like her music, mainly because, and I'm just venturing a guess here, I'm not the demographic. But I do think it's nice to see a Top 40 artist with talent and a clean persona.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
That being said, I do think she has talent as a singer and she knows how to play guitar which isn't something most Top 40 pop stars can claim these days. She also seems like a nice girl and a hard worker and it's nice to see a public music figure act as a good role model. I'd rather have young girls looking up to Taylor Swift than harlots like Snookie, Kim Kardashian, and P!nk, and I'd be surprised if any of you guys disagreed with that.
Yes, the last thing we want is more hot young women acting like sluts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Her music is one note and boring, but she has a level of competency and professionalism that most of these freakin' bullshit pop diva's don't. I respect her more than I enjoy her music.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Yes, the last thing we want is more hot young women acting like sluts.
You're right. I love materialistic, shallow women with no self-respect.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I'd rather have young girls looking up to Taylor Swift than harlots like Snookie, Kim Kardashian, and P!nk, and I'd be surprised if any of you guys disagreed with that.
Well... when it is said like that, I of course agree! At the very least Taylor Swift has talent... i don't like her music, but she is famous because she has talent. That can not be said for Snookie or Kardashian... although I don't know what is wrong with Pink??

My problem with her is simply that she just plays this victim all the time, all the songs are about how she was a victim in her relationships, the Kanye thing made her a national victim... and she just seems to be a closeted, I don't want to say whore, but that is the only word I can think of. She dates all these big name dudes, you know she is getting banged by all of them, then she writes these shitty pop songs about them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Taylor Swift song and I guess I'm lucky going by the responses so far.

Like you guys, I'm not the demographic for her music, but I can't hate her because she isn't a completely worthless human being like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton.

Wasn't she also supposed to be in Les Miz at one point?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Well... when it is said like that, I of course agree! At the very least Taylor Swift has talent... i don't like her music, but she is famous because she has talent. That can not be said for Snookie or Kardashian... although I don't know what is wrong with Pink??

My problem with her is simply that she just plays this victim all the time, all the songs are about how she was a victim in her relationships, the Kanye thing made her a national victim... and she just seems to be a closeted, I don't want to say whore, but that is the only word I can think of. She dates all these big name dudes, you know she is getting banged by all of them, then she writes these shitty pop songs about them.
Well P!nk's music tends to glamorize getting completely trashed every night, so I thought I'd include her. It's not so much about talent; I think if Kim Kardashian acted like a model citizen and did charity events and really acted as a good role model for girls, I'd be fine with her despite her lack of actually doing anything.

And I'm not sure what separates Taylor Swift from everyone else in terms of them victimizing themselves in a breakup song. What breakup song have you ever heard about the singer being a total asshole to his/her significant other? I'm sure there are some around, but there are probably even more where the singer was allegedly wronged. As for the debacle with Kanye West . . . he was a massive asshole to her, and I say that while also being a huge Kanye West fan.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Well... when it is said like that, I of course agree! At the very least Taylor Swift has talent... i don't like her music, but she is famous because she has talent. That can not be said for Snookie or Kardashian... although I don't know what is wrong with Pink??

My problem with her is simply that she just plays this victim all the time, all the songs are about how she was a victim in her relationships, the Kanye thing made her a national victim... and she just seems to be a closeted, I don't want to say whore, but that is the only word I can think of. She dates all these big name dudes, you know she is getting banged by all of them, then she writes these shitty pop songs about them.
It's funny you say that because having been forced to listen to her CD's while on vacation with my girlfriend (I know, I know but my girl likes good shit too. I could just as easily put on Iron Maiden and she'd rock out with me) there was one song that stuck out because it was her who was the asshole, not the guy. I said the exact same thing to my girlfriend that you said in your post. "Babe, all her songs are the same shit, just repackaged. She's always a victim."
"Nuh-uh! This one song is about the guy being the victim!"
"Ok babe, I'll give her credit for the ONE song"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Well l have to say l like Taylors music

I have seen her twice in concert and she comes across really great plus she can put on a concert without any trouble and it is exciting what she puts together

alot of singers write about what has happened in there life whether it is a past relationship or something else

Of cause she is a lovely girl and someone teenage girls can follow instead of some of the female singers you see today who use there bodies to sell there music where she doesnt have to come across like this

Also her chioce of words are great where some singers use alot of sexual content to be noticed

i hope she doesnt change and stays with her country music

Alot of singers these days are crap and cant sing without it being recorded and all you see is there lips moving

Last edited by Bondgirl; 09-07-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Taylor Swift isn't country; even the Taylor Swift fans I know admit to that. She's pop rock all the way. I can see bits of country influence in her music, but to straight up put her in that genre I think is incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift

Well here is abit of imformation on wikipedia where it states that she has won a few awards due to her country singing

But l have to agree some of her musci isnt country to some exstent l wouldnt call her a pop artist eiether

I am not sure what area you would call it
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Regardless of whether or not she's won awards for country music, I don't consider her to be country.

This is country. This is country. This is country. This is not.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I will confess something. I like four of Taylor Swift's song. Two from one CD and two from another. Heard the song "Love Story" at work and had to stop what I was doing. Had to listen in and find out the name and singer. Never did that before. Not a music person. However, most of her songs are too childish and not my cup of tea. No wonder. I am guy and twice the age of thirteen. The other songs I like of hers are "Fearless," "The Story of Us" and "Enchanted." Go ahead and laugh. They are beautiful and amazing songs. They're not bad songs, and not meant just for teenage girls. That observation about her songs painting her as a victim is interesting. Never realized it, although I do only listen to four of her songs.

From what little I knew about her, I used to have a good impression of her. Seems nice. But I get the feeling that she is starting to become another soulless product. She's already done that makeup commercial that transforms her into a lifeless porcelin doll. Ugh. Heard that she crashed a wedding. Don't people do that to create attention or look for attention?

I found out she made a third CD before her other two CD's recently and picked it up. More of the same but not one good song. And probably will pick up her new CD soon in hopes that there are at least two good songs on it.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 09-07-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Well if she has won awards and they have a country feel to it

it would be in that catorgory or otherwise she wouldnt have the awards for that type of music

You could go on and on about this

maybe you need to ask taylor swift and see what she thinks
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqnrjSFXtE

Today is a fairytale has abit of country in this

Plus it is another beautiful song by her
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't like her music, but I have no issues with her. Sure, she makes all her songs based on her bad experiences with men, but men do the same thing, so it is fair.

I am not a fan of country
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Didnt John mayer write a song on a breakup he had
Aldele also has wrote a few songs on her breakups with men

Some breakup songs can be sad while other can really have a go at there ex

I could understand taylor Swift having a a go at John mayer because you know he has a repretation of playing around with women

I tell you waht Erroneous alot of people dont like country but the only singer l like is taylor because as it is stated here she has abit if vareity to her music
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
I labeled her country, cuz that's what I thought she was.. her earlier work was more country wasn't it? Her name was always mentioned with Country.. but I did watch the VMA's last night and the song she did was painstakingly bad, but it was 100% not country.

As for break up songs... I have no problem with them to an extent. Sum 41 made a great cd after the lead singer divorced from Avril Lavigne. Break Up songs are fine... but it just seems like all she makes, every cd is about how guys do her wrong.

And my main problem is that she has the best PR person in the business, her rep is squeaky clean, all american down home never do anything wrong girl. But like I said, her rep is that of a person who is a sweet precious angel who behind closed doors is telling every guy to "Say my name bitch"!

Reminds me of Britney Spears when she tried to tell the world that she had never had sex, she was a virgin, and Justin Timberlake came right out and was like "Well, that aint true, we fucked often"!

Just that sugary personality annoys me, the "I'm better than you" attitude!

And if you like her music, no big deal.. we all have artists that don't fit into our normal listening patterns that just for some reason we respond to (Sum 41 is one for me, I love rock music, but not the 15 year old girl rock, but Sum 41 I just always liked) (Kelly Clarkson I like.. and her music could be put in the same sentence as Swift's, but Clarkson doesn't come off as this prim and proper person... she comes off as a real person!.. Swift is a fake Barbie Doll)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 PM
I never got an "I'm better than you" vibe from her to be honest. She's always just seemed like a sweet girl who is generally grateful of the opportunities she's had in life.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post

This is country. This is country. This is country.
And this is Big Country

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
She is sure getting around....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
My problem with her is simply that she just plays this victim all the time, all the songs are about how she was a victim in her relationships, the Kanye thing made her a national victim...
To her credit, she has NEVER made a big deal about the Kanye thing. I'm no fan of here, but it was others who kept talking about that (which was a decently big deal at the time and was totally classless by Kanye).

I'm not a fan of her. But songwriting-wise, she doesn't play victim any more than other artists in her stratosphere of talent and genre.

Quote:
and she just seems to be a closeted, I don't want to say whore, but that is the only word I can think of.
This accusation seems silly to me. Would you call Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Aniston... or just about anyone in Hollywood whores? Doesn't seem like she's any more active than her peers.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post

This accusation seems silly to me. Would you call Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Aniston... or just about anyone in Hollywood whores? Doesn't seem like she's any more active than her peers.
But they don't try and play this sweet innocent person... they live their lives, and for the most part stay out of the public eye with their relationships... of course that isnt true for Anniston, but she is just a victim of her success.. she doesn't talk non stop about her romantic life, it is just in the tabloids because she was married to Brad Pitt.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
But they don't try and play this sweet innocent person... they live their lives, and for the most part stay out of the public eye with their relationships... of course that isnt true for Anniston, but she is just a victim of her success.. she doesn't talk non stop about her romantic life, it is just in the tabloids because she was married to Brad Pitt.
I just don't see how she plays this "sweet innocent person." Sure, that's the few a lot of fans have of her, but I don't see or hear her projecting or saying that. Aniston is no more a victim of her success than Swift is, and she talks PLENTY about her relationships and has seemingly never turned down a magazine interview request to do so. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't see the difference. Also Swift is a songwriter so naturally her emotions and thoughts are going to be more openly a part of who she is as an artist in a way that's different than an actress (and I know I compared them originally, but that was about fame & relationships in general).
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Honestly... I never hear Aniston talk about her relationships! When she is on the talk shows, they never address her relationships and her interviews in magazines, maybe I haven't read the ones she has discussed her relationships. Maybe if a point blank question is asked she answers, and other magazines are gossip rags that are discussing her relationships without her consent. But perhaps I am biased because I find Aniston to be very attractive and Swift not even a little bit.

And the whole thing with Swift crashing that Kennedy wedding thing, she seems like a flake as well!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Don't care for the cunt. I think she looks like a giraffe:

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
She's a cunt because she looks like a giraffe?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
She's a cunt because she looks like a giraffe?
Pretty sure those were 2 separate thoughts sir
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 PM
i don't like her music but i don't hate her. remember i don't like country music unless it's cash
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Pretty sure those were 2 separate thoughts sir
Well if that's the case then I'm trying to figure out what makes her a cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
i don't like her music but i don't hate her. remember i don't like country music unless it's cash
I'm not a huge fan of the genre either, but goddamn is Johnny Cash something else. He's such an incredible musician and songwriter.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Don't care for the cunt. I think she looks like a giraffe:

Oh you are so cruel Jaw

Taylor is pretty not like a giraffe as you say
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't think she's gorgeous, but maybe that's what I like about her. She's not overly made-up or anything like that, giving her a more normal and relatable vibe.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Listen,
I know this thread is for the haters,
and that whole thing of "haters gonna hate" blah blah blah,
but I gotta be honest here....
my feelings for her are just about the same as for any other celebrity or person whom I don't know;
indifference.

Last edited by MightyCelestial; 09-10-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I don't think she's gorgeous, but maybe that's what I like about her. She's not overly made-up or anything like that, giving her a more normal and relatable vibe.


Come again?!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Her music is one note and boring, but she has a level of competency and professionalism that most of these freakin' bullshit pop diva's don't. I respect her more than I enjoy her music.
That and the fact she refrained from punching Kanye West in the teeth on international televison. That is quite impressive in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post


Come again?!
Okay, that's not too bad.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post

Here's a lovely photo of Swift's family.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump