Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
New Story vid

So there are some interesting things shown/said in this vid. One of which is the confirmation that the new guy is Weskers son. Also that there is a new virus called the "C-Virus".

The only thing that the vid really left me wondering though is if that dark haired chick is Ada or not. it would make sense that she might go from Merc to power player in the story with how much of it she's experienced.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
New Story vid

So there are some interesting things shown/said in this vid. One of which is the confirmation that the new guy is Weskers son. Also that there is a new virus called the "C-Virus".

The only thing that the vid really left me wondering though is if that dark haired chick is Ada or not. it would make sense that she might go from Merc to power player in the story with how much of it she's experienced.
I thought it might be Ms. Wong too but the voice doesn't match. Then again, I thought blondie would be Ashley Graham, and it turns out to be:
Spoiler:
Sherry Birkin all growed up

Still looking forward to this game tremendously despite the regular naysayers opinions.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Still looking forward to this game tremendously despite the regular naysayers opinions.
Hey, more power to ya, man.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
For sure i mean, i'd love to see a great new RE that's just like the originals but somehow better but i've also come to the conclusion that it's just not going to happen. I've made peace with that part of myself and decided to just embrace the continuation of the general universe.

I mean there have been too many off shoots in the past 10 years that made little to no sense for me to hold my torch for the RE1-3+CodeV days. I mean has anyone here played the Barry Burton & Leon Kennedy Game boy Color game Resident Evil Gaiden? It was fucking horrible and i'm sure it wont be the last one made within the RE universe depending on who you ask.

One thing though is i was really thinking that Jake Muller was going to be Hunk with how the first lvl of Operation Racoon plays out.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Hey, more power to ya, man.
As long as you keep doin' whatever it is you do. Ain't gonna make any difference for my $65 anyway.

I agree with versaker, Capcom is going to do whatever they want. It would be nice to get a remake for RE2 or even a reboot, but I'm just happy with the continuation of the story.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I am a big fan of Resident Evil but i'm must admit they kinda lost me on RE:5

Resident Evil 6 doesn't look like a survival horror game , it looks like CoD or Ghost Recon with zombies ( more bang bang action oriented )
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 AM
This game IMO looks fucking great. Forget the old RE , is never going to happen again. Now this looks like a complete game , 3 character with different style of play , 30+ hours of gameplay ...really excited for this.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
Forget the old RE , is never going to happen again.
I made my peace and it's probably why i'm looking foward to ZombiU. Graphics are pretty bland so far ( still in development) but the gameplay is pure survival. Love the fact that 1 bite = death then you have a new toon and you can run back to your old corpse for loot before it gets turn into a zombie. The fact that you are looking in your inventory or trying to pick a lock in real time ( checking your inventory in RE is basically a PAUSE button ). I'm not saying its gonna be the greatest game of all time but so far the survival gameplay looks promising.

Don't get me wrong , i'll give RE6 a go but mostly for the story.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Rumor has it that the demo will drop July 3rd.
Any truth to it?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Rumor has it that the demo will drop July 3rd.
Any truth to it?
Haven't heard anything but that would be cool.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
So no demo today according to the Sony sight for whats getting released on the PSN. I did however find this interesting tidbit on Gamespot:

Quote:
Resident Evil 6 $1,000 premium edition up for order on Capcom's e-store
April 11, 2012 3:03AM PDT
By Jonathan Toyad, Associate Editor

Bundle to include replica of Leon's leather jacket; priced at over $1,000.

Gamers who are fans of the Resident Evil series and wish for something exclusive to go with their future copy of Resident Evil 6 may want to save up. Capcom's e-store recently opened up an order page for the Resident Evil 6 Premium edition, which contains the game, a replica of Leon's leather jacket, and a set of four tablet case covers.
Fans will get to wear Leon's threads if they can pony up the cash.

The set will run gamers ¥105,000 ($1,302) and comes in four sizes: S, M, L, and XL. Players who buy the standard version from the e-store will get a tablet case which comes in four inscriptions: Chris, Leon, Jake, and a yet-to-be-announced label.

Resident Evil 6 puts players in the shoes of multiple protagonists: Chris Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy, and newcomer, Jake Muller. The game will take players to different story paths set in America, Eastern Europe, and China.

The game will be out on October 2; check out GameSpot's coverage on the title.
Source

So would anyone here fork over the $1000 to get Leon's leather jacket? I know i wouldn't but i do unfortunately know someone who probably would....
Old 07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah, the demo came out today for XBOX 360 for the gamers who bought Dragon's Dogma.
The rest of us Schmoes will have to wait until September.

As far as the Collector's Editions go, color me disappointed. Having bought the CEs for RE 4 and RE 5, I was looking forward to throwing down some extra cash again.

Also, the other PS3 and 360 Exclusive sets also comes with downloadable games for earlier games in the franchise. Not something exactly enticing for those of us who already have those games on other formats.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Yeah, the demo came out today for XBOX 360 for the gamers who bought Dragon's Dogma.
The rest of us Schmoes will have to wait until September.

As far as the Collector's Editions go, color me disappointed. Having bought the CEs for RE 4 and RE 5, I was looking forward to throwing down some extra cash again.

Also, the other PS3 and 360 Exclusive sets also comes with downloadable games for earlier games in the franchise. Not something exactly enticing for those of us who already have those games on other formats.
yeah i saw that it was Xbox only getting as i was leaving work and was all like "WTF?!?". At least its not for all Xbox users.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:45 AM
What's the point of bringing the PS3 RE6 demo out a month before the actual game's full release? This blows. What so special about the SHITBOX? Why do they get the demo now? And screw Dragon's Dogma. Played the demo to that, and it sucked. And while I'm at it, that Raccoon City is pure garbage too. Oh, and the RE HD Chronicles sucks dick. RE has gone downhill for me. I hope that RE6 is great.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 AM
There was some RE6 stuff shown at Comic Con this year.

Here is a look at some of Leon's champaign

Some interesting stuff in there but not a whole lot. They mention that each of the 3 different character champaign play throughs are equal to about 80% play of RE5 which is pretty good i guess.

They also mention that each of the champaigns will be a bit different in the tone of the action and the like. I think that's a good idea as you don't want it to be exactly the same tension and tone in all 3 if they are in different places and the like.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 AM
4 hours+ of cutscene .... RE6 is going the MG:S way now
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
4 hours+ of cutscene .... RE6 is going the MG:S way now
Took the words right out of my mouth..Personally I don't think Capcom has made a good Resident Evil title since Code Veronica
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM
RE4 and RE5 are great fun.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
RE4 and RE5 are great fun.
I did enjoy RE4 though I didn't think it really felt like a RE game..and RE5 I actually never played except for the demo which I did not like
Old 08-01-2012, 04:00 PM
So its now been confirmed that Ada will be getting her own 4th mission in RE6.

Quote:
Ada Wong is Resident Evil 6's fourth playable character
August 1, 2012 8:07AM PDT
By Guy Cocker, Editor

As suspected by fans, Ada Wong will have her own playable campaign in Resi 6, and we got to play it. Exclusive details and gameplay videos inside!

We knew that Resident Evil 6 was going to have three separate campaigns, but now Capcom has confirmed that there will be a fourth and final story starring Ada Wong. A female protagonist was much requested by fans, and many of the same people had suspected Ada may be the final chapter of Resi 6's multi-stranded campaign. We managed to get the lowdown on the campaign first-hand from Capcom's production team, and also play the campaign ourselves. Here's what you need to know.

You will need to finish all other campaigns to play as Ada. Ada's campaign overlaps with other character's stories, so you will need to experience the other three campaigns first before getting to see them from Ada's perspective. In the section of gameplay that we experienced, Ada witnesses Leon and Helena experiencing a section from Leon's campaign, and then meets the characters further into the demo.

Ada's campaign has plenty of puzzle solving. While Ada's campaign boasts plenty of the action-oriented gameplay of Resident Evils four and five, it will also boast more of the sort of puzzles that earlier games in the series had to offer. We experienced physics-based puzzles and fetch quests during our demo, some of which required quite a bit of thinking before they could be figured out.

Like every game hero this year, Ada can fire arrows. Like Lara Croft, Prophet, and Connor, Ada can fire arrows at her enemies--this time, using a crossbow. While the crossbow is useful enough to take off zombie heads and multiple enemies in a row, it also plays it's part in some of the puzzles. And in true Resident Evil style, not only is ammo limited, the reload time is agonisingly slow when you're up against a pack of zombies.

Ada's campaign is single player only. Unlike the other campaigns which can be played cooperatively, Ada's campaign is single player only. That doesn't mean you'll always be on your own--half of our demo was spent with AI-controlled Leon and Helena--it just means that other people won't be able to join you as they can in the other campaigns.

You learn more about Helena's sister Debra. The final part of our Ada demo shed light on the shocking experiments done by Derek C. Simmons on Debra Harper. You come across Debra hatching from sort of egg, and see her sister Helena trying to comfort the human/zombie hybrid. In characteristically cold fashion, Ada shoots Debra with her crossbow, but this triggers a boss battle with Debra that takes place above ground, below ground, and on a mine cart. Again, the boss battle can be difficult if you haven't stocked up on ammo, but thankfully you have AI companions Leon and Helena to help out.

The announcement of Ada's campaign means that Resident Evil 6 just got a third bigger in terms of size, and it looks like it will offer some of the horror and puzzle-solving elements that are so popular with fans of the series. There's plenty more to talk about when it comes to the game, so for more information, check out our preview on the game's new multiplayer mode and customisation options.
Source

This game just keeps sounding better and better as we get closer to its release. I hope it can deliver the goods.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 PM

That's awesome news.

I agree, vesaker, hopefully it be worth the wait.

Last edited by Joe Scorpio; 08-07-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Judging from that clip of Leon's campaign, this could actually be a really awesome game. I hope that the rest of the campaign is fairly on par with this rather than the direction of RE5. This felt more like the fourth game.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...nline-service/
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard_of_Meat View Post
I did enjoy RE4 though I didn't think it really felt like a RE game..and RE5 I actually never played except for the demo which I did not like
Truth be told. I hated RE5 for the longest while. I just couldn't get used to the interface on-screen. But upon playing, completing, and unlocking everything, it became much more enjoyable as I repeatedly played through each chapter, and all of the extra stuff. Desperate Escape is a side mission which I play way too much. I love it. Team Slayers is another of my favorite modes. Lost In Nightmares is fun, but I rarely play it now. I almost always play on Veteran level, which is fun and challenging. Professional I hardly touch, unless helping someone boost for those hard to get trophies. RE5 has alot of tilt value, dude. It really does. And if you're willing to give it time and some dedication, it is quite rewarding. I'd suggest the Gold Edition if you decide at a later date to give it another try. That link I posted above gives out some newer juicy RE6 online details.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Truth be told. I hated RE5 for the longest while. I just couldn't get used to the interface on-screen. But upon playing, completing, and unlocking everything, it became much more enjoyable as I repeatedly played through each chapter, and all of the extra stuff. Desperate Escape is a side mission which I play way too much. I love it. Team Slayers is another of my favorite modes. Lost In Nightmares is fun, but I rarely play it now. I almost always play on Veteran level, which is fun and challenging. Professional I hardly touch, unless helping someone boost for those hard to get trophies. RE5 has alot of tilt value, dude. It really does. And if you're willing to give it time and some dedication, it is quite rewarding. I'd suggest the Gold Edition if you decide at a later date to give it another try. That link I posted above gives out some newer juicy RE6 online details.
Did hell just freeze over? j/k

I'd actually say that Op Racoon City is somewhat like this but to a lesser extent. It is frustrating and annoying at first but if you play it for a while and get a good handle on the controls and learn things like your team mates are better treated as decoy's rather then as someone who can help you the game gets more enjoyable.

The only gripe i stsill have with ORC is if you pick up a special weapon (dropping your equipped machine gun) and there are not ammo creats/ppl not dropping ammo (not guns but ammo) you can run short pretty quick and get into trouble.

Last edited by vesaker; 08-22-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
RE Demo for PSN, XBL hitting Sept 18th

Quote:
Resident Evil 6 demo hitting XBL, PSN Sept. 18
September 4, 2012 8:34AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Capcom releasing trial for October's zombie shooter to public later this month for Microsoft, Sony platforms.

Capcom's Resident Evil 6 arrives on store shelves on October 2, but gamers won't need to wait that long to play the new zombie shooter. The publisher has announced that the demo previously available only to owners of Dragon's Dogma will arrive on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network on September 18. No mention was made concerning a release for PC.

If the public demo for Resident Evil 6 mirrors the private one, it will include missions taken from the game's four distinct campaigns that focus on protagonists Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Jake Muller, and Ada Wong. In the Chris Redfield mission, players will face off against the nasty J'avo humanoid creatures with colleague Piers Nivans on rooftops in China.

During the Leon Kennedy mission, gamers will fight alongside Helena Harper while exploring the inside of the Ivy University campus, which is replete with zombies. Finally, the Jake Muller mission takes place in a war-torn Edonia and has players teaming up with Sherry Berkin to escape the clutches of the Ustanak, a new enemy type in Resident Evil 6.
Source

I honestly can't wait for this. I haven't picked up a new game since the underwhelming RE: Op Raccoon City so it would be nice if this demo (and eventually the whole game) can kick lots of ass.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah I can't wait for the demo and then the game itself. I heard if you bought some other Capcom game you get early access to the demo now. I also was checking out the special editions they have planned for the game and was kind of blown away by what they're including. They're different for the PS3 and 360 versions, but they're including copies of past RE games in with both. It's the first time I'm considering buying the special edition of a game since game companies started making special editions (because honestly, most of the time they just include lame concept art and "making of" DVDs I don't give a shit about).
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Lame.

What's the point bringing out a demo just 2 weeks prior to the full game's release?

I read a week ago it was the 5ht September the demo was going to be available on the psn. Now it's the 18th. Pfft. What's the point. I get the game on the 4th. I'm going to pick up my order. 18th lmao!@ What a joke. Meanwhile the 360 boys have been enjoying it for mths.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Did hell just freeze over? j/k

I'd actually say that Op Racoon City is somewhat like this but to a lesser extent. It is frustrating and annoying at first but if you play it for a while and get a good handle on the controls and learn things like your team mates are better treated as decoy's rather then as someone who can help you the game gets more enjoyable.
RE:ORC is a joke. I hate the game with a passion. I can't even get past the first level. So, I gave up. A very disappointing game.
Also those two DLC RE games were shit. RE6 has a helluva lot of ground to make up. Making up for the last three shitty Re games.

Ohm and the partner AI in RE5 better be fixed up. So frustrating.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
RE:ORC is a joke. I hate the game with a passion. I can't even get past the first level. So, I gave up. A very disappointing game.
Also those two DLC RE games were shit. RE6 has a helluva lot of ground to make up. Making up for the last three shitty Re games.

Ohm and the partner AI in RE5 better be fixed up. So frustrating.
I dunno, i enjoyed playing Op Raccoon City but got stuck on the 5th or 6th mission (you have to deal with like 10+ Hunters all at the same time!) and stopped playing.

It certainly has its flaws, maintaining ammo for the special guns being a big one, but i still enjoyed playing it. Will probably pick it up and play again sometime.

As to the AI in RE5, i agree, especially when it came to Sheva. It was really annoying not being able to let her carry certain consumables for fear she'll waste them. One Professional mode and playing solo its crazy hard cause of her crappy AI. I think the only way i was able to get it to work well was you only give her a machine gun that had unlimited ammo unlocked for it. Even then though the game was pretty nerve wracking.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1132 View Post
Yeah I can't wait for the demo and then the game itself. I heard if you bought some other Capcom game you get early access to the demo now. I also was checking out the special editions they have planned for the game and was kind of blown away by what they're including. They're different for the PS3 and 360 versions, but they're including copies of past RE games in with both. It's the first time I'm considering buying the special edition of a game since game companies started making special editions (because honestly, most of the time they just include lame concept art and "making of" DVDs I don't give a shit about).
I hate the special editions that come with nothing but a sound track from the game, so lame. But including the older games you say? That could be cool. I personally own all the older games in digital form off the PSN except Code Veronica (haven't gotten around to buying that one yet) but having disk based versions would be cool as well.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
I hate the special editions that come with nothing but a sound track from the game, so lame. But including the older games you say? That could be cool. I personally own all the older games in digital form off the PSN except Code Veronica (haven't gotten around to buying that one yet) but having disk based versions would be cool as well.
After looking into it more, I think the copies of the classic RE games are digital. The PS3 and 360 versions also get different games since RE1-3 aren't available on the Xbox marketplace.

PS3 version gets RE: Director's cut, RE2, RE3, RE4 HD, and RE5 Gold edition.

360 version gets RE4 HD, RE5 Gold edition, RE: Code Veronica HD, and RE Degeneration (some CGI movie) on DVD.

Not sure which one is worth getting for me if either because I have RE5 for 360 already and also RE3 downloaded from PSN. Not a bad deal though if you don't have any of the included games anymore.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1132 View Post
After looking into it more, I think the copies of the classic RE games are digital. The PS3 and 360 versions also get different games since RE1-3 aren't available on the Xbox marketplace.

PS3 version gets RE: Director's cut, RE2, RE3, RE4 HD, and RE5 Gold edition.

360 version gets RE4 HD, RE5 Gold edition, RE: Code Veronica HD, and RE Degeneration (some CGI movie) on DVD.

Not sure which one is worth getting for me if either because I have RE5 for 360 already and also RE3 downloaded from PSN. Not a bad deal though if you don't have any of the included games anymore.
Well then...... i guess i'm not buying the special edition. I have a PS3 and i already own all the games that come with it. Why the hell is X-box getting Degeneration? That's lame.

Anyways Gamespot has some more game play video of the 3 main campaigns. The Leon and Chris is pretty much more of what we've already scene but the Jake vid is pretty cool. Its a crazy chase bit with a huge B.OW. on their tail.

One thing i noticed is that each character seems to have a different HUD layout for some reason. Hopefully it doesn't cause too much confusion when playing between the different characters.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I've already decided not to buy RE6 due to the disappointing nature of RE5 and Operation Raccoon City, and the fact that Capcom has become a money grubbing corporation that long-ago gave up on making quality games for the fans... but I thought this was interesting:

Before you buy RE6 don't forget how Capcom treats its employees

Quote:
We all know video game journalism is in the gutter. Few sites are reliable (and we all know who they are). Most sites are middlemen advertisers (sadly, even including us) and video game journalism as a whole is trash, we know, it's true. However, every once in a while some of us will come out of the gutter to remind gamers that every purchase they make still counts as a decision that helps shape the industry, and this little reminder here is about an upcoming choice millions of people will make regarding the future of Capcom, based on their highly anticipated zombie-shooter, Resident Evil 6.

On October 2nd Resident Evil 6 will land on store shelves here in North America. The game will be met with strikingly favorable criticism (because, really...video game journalism) and will sell like hot cakes on a breezy fall day. However, that's not the point of this article. The thing is, Resident Evil 6 is pegged by Capcom to ship a total of 20 million units within its lifetime, according to its latest annual performance report. Thereafter, the company plans to put into a effect a new company motto of halving development times, increasing product development output and limiting staff within specific sectors so that projects don't exceed 100 people per project. It's a recipe for disaster.

The thing I'd like to circle back around to is not so much about Capcom's policies, but about how we, as gamers, support such policies by supporting their products. Now, I'm not saying for everyone to go out and rally against everything Capcom churns out, but I am saying to think about the company and the way you support that company in their business practice and their employee treatment. It's a little like going over to thanksgiving dinner to a relative's house where you know the scumbag husband likes to play pugilist practice on his wife.

In a recent article over at Kotaku, it points out all the negative comments about many big time publishers, one company stood out above the others due to a recurring theme in news trends and it was none other than Capcom. It's not just that they stood out in this single instance, but reading over the comments from the anonymous posters echoed what Yoshinori Ono talked about not too long ago, coming off his arduous marketing tenure for Street Fighter X Tekken. The producer for the recent fighting game cited health issues to a link with the stress of work, but his claims weren't alone, he was followed by other employees who spoke out about similar treatment.

One of the anonymous posters on Glassdoor stated that...

Studio is heavily mired in ego and politics. There is a common rule of "don't rock the boat". Don't bring up your issues with management on changes in direction. Don't try to implement better team management and work practices. Just keep your head down, talk about your issues outside of the office and do your work.

Deadlines are consistently ignored, and blame is shifted downwards. Project managers have a hard time with task management. Engine is also very primitive. The tech really needs to be updated to support a AAA title.

Ono also mentioned similar conditions, stating that if the employees request a worker union they'll be sacked and immediately replaced, sort of coinciding with the above's comment about the studio working on politics and the motto of “don't rock the boat”. Ono further stated that...

Nobody told me to take a rest. When I returned to work, Capcom didn't even acknowledge that I had been in hospital. There was no change in my schedule. I was at home for an entire week before the doctors allowed me to return to work. When I returned to my desk there was a ticket to Rome waiting for me. There's no mercy. Everyone in the company says: 'Ono-san we've been so worried about you.' Then they hand me a timetable and it's completely filled with things to do."

His story was corroborated by another employee who claimed that he was sent home by management while he was having heart trouble because he was “distracting” the other employees.

Now this sort of treatment varies from company to company but I suppose the thing that makes Capcom worse than the others is the fact that to appease shareholder interest they're basically saying that they plan to increase workload and segment teams where necessary in order to boost profit margins, as outlined in their annual fiscal report, where it states...

Specifically, teams developing major titles will be limited to 100 members, with multiple sequel titles developed at the same time. Also, as it will be necessary to create a large-scale development structure for shortening the development process...

What's more is that things will probably get worse unless the employees at Capcom find a way to either magically get better at everything they do within a smaller team or Capcom starts distributing super-human energy drinks to increase efficiency, and given that Capcom seems to come across as cheap-as-pimp dastards, I can't imagine them spending money on a product to help increase their employees' work ethic.

Now I'm not saying to completely abandon Resident Evil 6, to forgo the experience or give up all of Capcom's products. I'm just saying that it's important to be mindful of what this company represents in the gaming sphere and what they plan to do moving forward with their properties and subsequently, the effect that decision will have on their employees.

And now it's time for me to do my part as a modern day video game advertiser and say that Resident Evil 6 is due out October 2nd for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. But you don't have to buy it if you don't want to support Capcom.

Oh yeah, and if you feel like being cordial and giving Capcom a call or writing them about this kind of stuff, feel free to do so.

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
800 Concar Drive
Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402-2649
(650) 350-6500
www.capcom.com
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
While reading that article i remembered a time when i was a child. I was watching Billy Madison with a friend and it was the scene where Norm MacDonalds character was spraying some kid in the face with a garden hose.

I recall saying to my friend "wow that guy is such an asshole, how can he keep doing that to that poor kid?" When my firend turns to me and reply's "well no one is making the kid sit there..."

I'm sure there are countless examples of corporations abusing their employees in similar or worse ways, especially in that area of the world. I seem to recall a story a year or two ago about some major manufacturer in China's employee's were commiting suicide due to their treatment.

Now thats a communist country (that is also horribly over populated) where id imagin employment options are in short supply in comparison to a place like Japan, especially in the gaming indusrty. If this guy has been treated so badly why not leave the company? I know nothing about his situtation or the situation at Capcom but taking his comments at face value it sounds more like he's an ambitious guy that's bit off more then he could chew. I doubt he's the only marketing guy getting constantly jetted around by a major corporation.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:

Now thats a communist country (that is also horribly over populated) where id imagin employment options are in short supply in comparison to a place like Japan, especially in the gaming indusrty.
Capcom is a japanese company btw
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM
this game look amazing, as in graphically it looks insane, but i found the last game turgid, resident evil buy numbers, but with out the residencies, I hope this game has a fuck off mansion with a creepy 16th century looking transexual trying to stop me with a variety of insectiod mutants and unstoppable frankenstein's monster types. Not a co op tomb raider with zombies like the last one.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
While reading that article i remembered a time when i was a child. I was watching Billy Madison with a friend and it was the scene where Norm MacDonalds character was spraying some kid in the face with a garden hose.

I recall saying to my friend "wow that guy is such an asshole, how can he keep doing that to that poor kid?" When my firend turns to me and reply's "well no one is making the kid sit there..."

I'm sure there are countless examples of corporations abusing their employees in similar or worse ways, especially in that area of the world. I seem to recall a story a year or two ago about some major manufacturer in China's employee's were commiting suicide due to their treatment.

Now thats a communist country (that is also horribly over populated) where id imagin employment options are in short supply in comparison to a place like Japan, especially in the gaming indusrty. If this guy has been treated so badly why not leave the company? I know nothing about his situtation or the situation at Capcom but taking his comments at face value it sounds more like he's an ambitious guy that's bit off more then he could chew. I doubt he's the only marketing guy getting constantly jetted around by a major corporation.
Well first of these complaints aren't all coming from one person. And these are the only people that were actually willing to risk their job and speak out. Think of how many people are thinking the same thing but are too afraid to say anything about it?

Why not leave the company? Do you have any idea how bad the job market is right now? People are lucky to have any form of employment these days, even if it's cleaning up shit and vomit. Managers across the country know this and are keeping pay low and don't care about morale, they're treating their employees like shit and getting away with it, because people can't afford to quit. It's not like they'll magically get a job at a better company in their desired field.

Considering how Capcom has treated their own fans, it's not surprise that they are dicks to their employees.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Capcom is a japanese company btw
I know, I was referring to the country that the ppl were committing suicide in which was China. I would have figured that China being that last place i mentioned and the part where i say

Quote:
in comparison to a place like Japan,
would have made that obvious but whatev.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Well first of these complaints aren't all coming from one person. And these are the only people that were actually willing to risk their job and speak out. Think of how many people are thinking the same thing but are too afraid to say anything about it?

Why not leave the company? Do you have any idea how bad the job market is right now? People are lucky to have any form of employment these days, even if it's cleaning up shit and vomit. Managers across the country know this and are keeping pay low and don't care about morale, they're treating their employees like shit and getting away with it, because people can't afford to quit. It's not like they'll magically get a job at a better company in their desired field.

Considering how Capcom has treated their own fans, it's not surprise that they are dicks to their employees.
I`m not going to sit here and discuss the job market in a thread about a zombie video game. The only thing i wonder though is why you think this corperation is so bloody different then many others out there.

If you`re not going to buy the game, cool, but take your political/economic nonsense somewhere else pls. I mean there was a whole thing about L.A. Noir`s production company giving similar treatment and i don`t recall you getting up in arms about that. I could be wrong though.