Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Compliance

Directed by Craig Zobel

Written by Craig Zobel

Genre: Drama

Plot Outline: When a prank caller convinces a fast food restaurant manager to interrogate an innocent young employee, no-one is left unharmed.

Starring: Ann Dowd, Dreama Walker, Pat Healy, Bill Camp

Rated R for language and sexual content/nudity

Runtime: 90 minutes

This was terrific. Obviously it's hard to believe that this went down, which will make it a difficult viewing for many, but I've been reading up on the actual case(s) and it may be even weirder than what was depicted in the movie. I think under average direction and adequate acting, the film would have crumbled, but the direction is very strong and the performances are excellent (Ann Dowd should be up for Oscar consideration, in my opinion). After it's over, if you found it to be completely unbelievable, go read up on the actual case(s) and the aftermath and you might have a different perspective. The tendency to comply under strict authority is a very powerful thing.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Really liked this. It is totally unbelieveable that this actually happened but it did, every bit of it. While this movie depicts the worst incident it actually happened 70 times across the country possibly all by the same man. Acting was great and the direction was top notch. Check it out if you can find it or queue it up on netflix.