Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Great episode tonight. Perfect way to end the season with Jax sitting at the head of the table and becoming the new President. It'll be interesting to see where Opie stands after this episode.

Did not see that twist coming tonight. No idea that the two guys were cops, but the twist would be the only way that Jax HAD to stay in Charming and had to keep Clay alive.

The last shot gave me goosebumps. Definitely foreshadowing Jax and Tara in(maybe) becoming John and Gemma?

This season is definitely the best one yet and I am already anticipating Season 5. September is too far away.

But hey, Justified stars back up in January and we got a new look at a scene of Rayland and Boyd fighting.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh and when Juice was watching The Shield in prison, it was the funniest thing ever.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm a bit ambivalent on the season finale. THere were some good moments like
Spoiler:
Jaxx's realization that he will be unable to leave Charming and having to tell Tara
, but there was a too bit of things that were used to even things out for the season.

Nowhere as bad as shows like Dexter, but I'm a bit irked there was less of a follow through regarding certain plot points.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I liked the finale quite a bit. The twists were solid, and I loved the reserved pacing - it allowed for quiet moments to shine and things to evolve naturally.

Why I really loved the finale, though, is Charlie Hunnam. I thought he was absolutely fantastic and deserves major Emmy consideration for his performance.

The last shot gave me chills, and things seem to already be well set up for next season. Good stuff.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
My wife and I started the show up a few weeks ago and we are now finally caught up, watched the season 4 finale last night. Such a great way to end it.

*Spoiler talk below!*

When the cartel guys pulled up to the police camp me and the wife had the same look on our faces, totally shocked on that one. A great way to take that story line into season 5.
I was a little let down that the whole Opie situation didn't go anywhere. I am curious if Opie is coming back to SAMCRO or moving on though, hard to imagine him coming back after the MC has taken so much from him.
I do agree about Charlie though, he should get an Emmy no doubt. Very strong performance on his part, he just nailed it in the final shot and the scene where he is telling Tara to take the kids and leave him.

*End Spoilers**

Kind of sucks though, we watched through the entire show over the last few weeks and now we have to wait MONTHS to see more. So hooked!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I can understand audiences who felt the finale copped out of the building tensions, but I like the model and I'm really impressed with this show. The model being, the way to mount these dramas is to continue introducing tensions without definitively resolving those tensions. It bottles everything up. The show isn't ending, and keeping Clay alive despite everything makes the dramatic situations more intense and more dire, and that's the key. I don't mean to drama 101 out on a messageboard, but the model in Sons and Shield is really impressive and really engaging. The characters get into deeper and deeper holes without falling into absurdity, and each time the show dodges a Big Relief like Clay dying, Jack exacting revenge, the cartel business going through, Tara leaving- they are bottling up more and more, serving later seasons without letting the wind out of the sails. It's exactly what the Shield did, and one of the reasons the Shield somehow lasted seven seasons without its dramatic plotting going over the top.

The show did not disappoint this season, which was my opposite expectation after the first handful of episodes.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I miss The Shield. The Shield is without a doubt the best show ever on tv ever...EVER. SoA is a good replacement though.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I can understand audiences who felt the finale copped out of the building tensions, but I like the model and I'm really impressed with this show. The model being, the way to mount these dramas is to continue introducing tensions without definitively resolving those tensions. It bottles everything up. The show isn't ending, and keeping Clay alive despite everything makes the dramatic situations more intense and more dire, and that's the key. I don't mean to drama 101 out on a messageboard, but the model in Sons and Shield is really impressive and really engaging. The characters get into deeper and deeper holes without falling into absurdity, and each time the show dodges a Big Relief like Clay dying, Jack exacting revenge, the cartel business going through, Tara leaving- they are bottling up more and more, serving later seasons without letting the wind out of the sails. It's exactly what the Shield did, and one of the reasons the Shield somehow lasted seven seasons without its dramatic plotting going over the top.

The show did not disappoint this season, which was my opposite expectation after the first handful of episodes.
Well put.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post

Yeah this was well written and thought out. Easily the best season of SOA yet.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Jimmy Smits joins the cast this upcoming season:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...mmy-smits.html
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I always think of this when it comes to Jimmy Smits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDeQ...eature=related

Always good for a laugh.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Just watched the Pilot episode, damn this is good. I hear it only gets better too which is sooo awesome
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Just watched the Pilot episode, damn this is good. I hear it only gets better too which is sooo awesome

Yea Digi, once you start you get hooked. It is a great show and with the exception of maybe 2-3 episodes, it really keeps you interested and excited for the next episode.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Yea Digi, once you start you get hooked. It is a great show and with the exception of maybe 2-3 episodes, it really keeps you interested and excited for the next episode.
The cast in this thing, I mean wow. I don't think a Pilot episode has ever hooked me, and made me love the characters this fast. I can't wait to watch this stuff, I love crime laden films so this one is right up what I'm looking for.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Yep defo only gets better!! Glad you like it Digi, welcome to SAMCRO
Old 04-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who watched the show and thought it would be awesome to start a biker gang and become criminals but then remembered that you drove a 2004 Stratus and that wouldn't quite cut it?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Please tell me I'm not the only one who watched the show and thought it would be awesome to start a biker gang and become criminals but then remembered that you drove a 2004 Stratus and that wouldn't quite cut it?
I donno about startin' one, but I know I wanted to be in one. Haha. I'm up to 4 eps now, holy shit this is becoming one of my favorite series.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm glad you like it Digi, it definitely gets better. You are in for a preeeeetty good month of catching up.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Finally finished the first season. Man, some great shit. I haven't loved a series like that in a while. I hope it's consistent and even better from here on. On to S2
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Finally finished the first season. Man, some great shit. I haven't loved a series like that in a while. I hope it's consistent and even better from here on. On to S2
Glad you love it. Season two is amazing.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Started the first episode of S2. Oh man... no fucking around either, they jump in it and hook you right away. I mean, the bit with Gemma at the end is fucked up - the wrath this will bring down on whoever that was is gonna be insurmountable!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Started the first episode of S2. Oh man... no fucking around either, they jump in it and hook you right away. I mean, the bit with Gemma at the end is fucked up - the wrath this will bring down on whoever that was is gonna be insurmountable!
... and it only gets better and better. I really can't wait to hear your thoughts when you end this season.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm geeking out with this series. It's funny how at first glance you can easily shrug something off (which is what I've done way back when) but am I glad I gave this a looksee. 4 episodes in of S2 right now and I can feel this is going into some badass territory.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Finished S2 last night. It was consistent with the first in quality. Just love this show. Is it actually consistent throughout? or does it begin to lose its steam in S3 and 4, even if a bit? I know it's all subjective anyway, but I'm just curious.

I liked how
Spoiler:
Gemma unites Jax and Clay by telling them what happened, sort of reminded me of the "outside evil" to unite all, like in Watchmen, that was the first thing that came to mind
Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 PM
S3 is regarded by most viewers to be the weakest. But S4 was a strong return to the generally high quality of the show.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
BTW, can't help it but think that...

Spoiler:
Half Sack (Johnny Lewis) being killed off aka leaving the show was just a bad career move. I was digging the guy, apparently I read online is that he wanted out.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Holy shitballs at that ending of S3 Ep 1.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
S3 is regarded by most viewers to be the weakest. But S4 was a strong return to the generally high quality of the show.
The first half, yeah, but the finale is by far the most fulfilling thus far. Just perfect.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Season 3 definitely wasn't as consistent as the first two, however it did pick up in the last few episodes. Just watched the first episode of S4 and I can't wait how Hale's storyline gets handled. They illustrated the Sons as some real sons of bitches towards the very end in this ep. I'm liking where it's going with Jax separating himself from his father, and how that stack of letters Gemma finds out comes into play. Phew, really solid stuff. Something to get me through til BrBa
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Meh I personally believe the third season is the best so far, Loved them all, though.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't think the third season was the weakest. I felt that of any the second was, I love every season but I felt the third and most certainly the fourth got things moving well as far as back story and where things are heading
Old 08-09-2012, 02:54 AM
First pic of Joey Mchale as a con man in season 5 of SOA. This got interesting !

Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Sweet pic. Can not wait for the season to kick off. This, Boardwalk Empire, and Bones. September is gonna be great!

Link containing some possible spoilers for Season 5 from Comic-Con - http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-con-2012.html

Link showing a quick teaser that doesn't show much - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1659457.html
Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Some spoilers for the premiere******************

Watched the new premiere and loved it. Tons of new build up that looks to be heading into an exciting season.

The scene at the end with Trig though, man that was tough to watch. He is really going to go off the deep end this season, you can tell.

Not sure how I feel on Gemma and the pimp guy. He is coming off to much of a good guy so you know something is up.

Overall, maybe not the best SoA premiere but probably #2 out of the 5.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 AM
I thought it was outstanding. Jimmy Smits' character is incredibly cool so far. A little too helpful, yeah, but I instantly took a liking to him during the opening conversation with Gemma. You're right about there being something up with him, though.

I love what they did with Clay this episode. Viewers can't stand him after the last few eps of last season, so presenting him as a broken and isolated figure makes him a bit sympathetic. It ain't gonna push fans back to his side, but it's a good way to temper the hatred everyone has for him at the moment. I'm with Jax in that I don't buy the "I'm all out of play" bit, not entirely, but there's enough truth in his weary resignation that I don't think he's scheming just yet. It won't be long, though.

One thing that bothers me is
Spoiler:
Bobby Elvis being VP. I like Bobby, but that should be Opie there and everyone knows it. I'd like to see Jax just 'fess up everything to him. All of it, including JT's death and the CIA connection and all that. In fact I kinda don't see why he hasn't already. Opie isn't exactly a hothead like Tig, and I think he'd be able to operate inside the club with that knowledge, so it would be the perfect way to keep him in the fold. A bold move like that from Jax could win Ope's trust back, and help to shore up a relationship that looks like it's getting ready to crumble even further.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Not a bad start, though I found myself cringing at Tig's reaction of seeing....
Spoiler:
Dawney in the hatch + being burned
. Anyone else? Lol actually at that scene
Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
It was a bit weird at first.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
It won't be long, though.
No shit it won't be long. Seasons 6 & 7 are confirmed, and I doubt they'll write off Perlman out of the picture this early on.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Thought it was a great start to the season.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Episode 2 was interesting. Either I missed something or I have no idea who the guys are who stole the safe and why they were after marriage licenses?

Still not sure about Smitt's character. He is growing on me though, love the chicken scene. Just with the shows history I sense a back stabbing coming soon from him.

And your thoughts on Opie? Did he go to because he knows Jax would need him in prison or does he have another plan up his sleeve?