Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Music
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Fake or Real ? : Madonna plays A New Level riff live

Watched the video about 25 times so far and i'm still not sure. Madonna paying hommage to Dimebag ? Could be , since Madonna is known to not give a shit and express herself but then again , that's way out for the average pop fan in the crowd. While not a fan , i must respect the fact that she pushed many boundaries

My analysis points to real so far but then again , an awesome video edit can be done .... your call Schmoes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5coRmYYAlY

PS. it's not footage from the MDNA tour
Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
This was from the 2008 Radio 1 Big Weekend festival, first time I've seen it but just looks to me like Madonna once again pandering to the audience.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
This was from the 2008 Radio 1 Big Weekend festival, first time I've seen it but just looks to me like Madonna once again pandering to the audience.
Pandering to who? Closet Pantera fans attending a pop music show years after the band had any relevance? My guess is it was an easy riff for her guitar instructor to teach her and she probably had no idea what it was.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Pandering to who? Closet Pantera fans attending a pop music show years after the band had any relevance? My guess is it was an easy riff for her guitar instructor to teach her and she probably had no idea what it was.
Just before going into the song she briefly played "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"... Surely to close the song she'd have picked something other than a random riff that she happened to remember from when she started learning to play that only "closet fans" would recognize.

It just looks like Madonna doing her usual stupid shit of attempting to get an audience to like her, similar to the whole ecstasy thing a few months back at another festival.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Watched the video about 25 times so far and i'm still not sure. Madonna paying hommage to Dimebag ? Could be , since Madonna is known to not give a shit and express herself but then again , that's way out for the average pop fan in the crowd. While not a fan , i must respect the fact that she pushed many boundaries

My analysis points to real so far but then again , an awesome video edit can be done .... your call Schmoes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5coRmYYAlY

PS. it's not footage from the MDNA tour
You got me curious but apparently it's genuine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkPs...eature=related

Skip ahead to 6:18
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
oh wow ! ty for the info ... actually i didn't skip ( youtube buffer fails me atm , always reset when i try to skip).

Gotta say ... seems like Madonna actually knows how to play the guitar. The whole "Hang Up" song was pretty much metalized anyway ... the Dimebag riff was just icing on the cake.

That leaves me with a question : "are Madonna fan eating everything up ?"

i mean .... dont think that if i were an actual Madonna fan , that version of Hung Up would be my favorite. But i'm not so FUCK YEAH METAL !
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM
100% fake. She' not playing anything with those ridiculous gloves on.

Secondly, as long as the other guy is standing stage right in the shadows hammering away on that Les Paul, I call bullshit on Madonna.

Notice how when the camera shows that guy he's the only guy on stage with zero lighting being put on him?