#41  
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM
FIRST THEY CAME FOR THE BIG GULPS, BUT I SAID NOTHING BECAUSE I WASN'T A BIG GULP
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
When I first heard of it, I liked it. After some thought, I decided that I am not in favor of government trying to make decisions for the masses of stupid people who can't practice impulse control.

ON a side note, if you do not support this law, you arre starting to think like a conservative and should be on the side of the republicans regarding obama care and many other government programs. too many government programs trying to control the lives of the people
Well it is true that in some goverments they try and control what people do sometimes it can be in good reason and sometimes it si not

But l think that when some junk food stores are selling products that are so huge you need some control on this

The world is becoming to fat and parents are ont teaching there children how to eat proberly that is why they do want to ban certain things
This is to do with the health of any nation
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well it is true that in some goverments they try and control what people do sometimes it can be in good reason and sometimes it si not

But l think that when some junk food stores are selling products that are so huge you need some control on this
"So huge" means what? 20 oz? 16 oz? 10 oz? Of whiskey? Wine? Beer? The Fosters beer can is too big! Why haven't those been banned? Is soda in excess worse than booze in excess all of a sudden?

Quote:
The world is becoming to fat and parents are ont teaching there children how to eat proberly that is why they do want to ban certain things
This is to do with the health of any nation
So if its just about children then why are adults also banned? What did prohibition accomplish in the United States?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Geez you are really getting into this topic Creekin

Well l dont think that the goverment would go to the exstent of banning other products like you have mentioned because it would cause a uproar

But l still have to say that if the goverment can ban super size meals and drinks it is a good idea

or maybe they should ban junk food stores all together ant least we could go back to the good old days where the junk food stores were not around

When l was growing up we were mostly all skinny these days we are getting fat and lazy

Last edited by Bondgirl; 09-21-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am not in favor of government trying to make decisions for the masses of stupid people who can't practice impulse control.
And certainly you wouldn't brand fat people, people with no impulse control when it comes to food, Or even fit people who occasionally gorge themselves after a few bong load, stupid. We all know educated people aren't just vegans, drinking carrot juice, and purified water. I won't kowtow to the kind of elitist douche bag that would look down on me for holding a large soda in my hand.

Some parents will have diabetic, fat kids, because they give them bad eating habits. All we can do is start teaching them while they're young and hopefully in the future the number of fat diabetic kids will be reduced to a more reasonable number. Educating in a classroom.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM
NYC should do what the government does and tax what is bad for us. They make tons of money on taxes for alcohol and cigarettes. Tax the fuck out of soda and fast food. You can't ban people from drinking a large soda
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Geez you are really getting into this topic Creekin

Well l dont think that the goverment would go to the exstent of banning other products like you have mentioned because it would cause a uproar

But l still have to say that if the goverment can ban super size meals and drinks it is a good idea

or maybe they should ban junk food stores all together ant least we could go back to the good old days where the junk food stores were not around

When l was growing up we were mostly all skinny these days we are getting fat and lazy
I'm getting into this because this goes beyond soda. So the only justification for this is because it avoids causing "an uproar" and has nothing to do with promoting health for everyone. OK. You're fine with products in excess that impair judgement and kill people behind the wheel but not a different product in excess that might or might not eventually kill someone 30 or 40 years down the line with diabetes... as long as it doesn't cause an uproar... which it has anyway. If you love laws like this because it promotes health then uproars shouldn't matter. You have to go all the way not half baked ideas like this law.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
NYC should do what the government does and tax what is bad for us. They make tons of money on taxes for alcohol and cigarettes. Tax the fuck out of soda and fast food. You can't ban people from drinking a large soda
Everything is taxed because everything is bad for us.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Well l wouldnt go to the exstent and say l love laws but like l said if you have huge drinks or meal deals they are not good for you

Some laws have to be passed because of the health of society

Like l said a few years back we didnt have overweight children or adults now we do

it is because there is no restriction if you have a law against supersized drinks it should also go towards huge supersized meals that are ordered with that supersized drink

I have to agree also that alot of people who are obese can have other causes that put there weight on

Dont you understand that western countries are getting fatter because of junk food Creekii

hey l also want to say that you should also look at package food and food colouring and presevatives that are put into drinks and food these days alot of this causes problems too

I also want to say that you are right everything is taxed we have the GST that put up the supermarket bill by around six dollars

Oh and dont forget Australia also has the carbon tax
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Michael 'The Draconian Menace' Bloomberg - The biggest promoter of Escape From New York who has ever lived.

I'm so glad I did.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/11/us/new...ban/index.html

"OH MY GOD THE ANARCHY!!! PEOPLE WALKING AROUND DRINKING BIG SODAS! Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................. .................... Nobody should have a choice what to put in their bodies! I won't allow it!!!"

Haha, but seriously its only a matter of time before people forget why things like this are stupid more stupid shit like this returns.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Insanity. I don't eat any sugar/white flour (only natural in fruit/dairy) or any soda for 12 years now. MY choice. I don't want to be told what to do by the government. I'm a big girl I don't need anyone telling me what to eat or drink! Frankly it's insulting.

Education truly is key here.

This is only the beginning, believe me.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
New York Soda Ban

A ban on promoting huge sugary beverages in New York City was set to go into impact on Tuesday, March 12. However, the soda ban was overturned Monday by a court. Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the town of New York have vowed to appeal the choice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump